Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

White knee socks in JK videos

I've noticed that white socks are becoming far more prevalent in recent JAVs. I very much support this as the girls look a lot cuter in white socks. A question to our Japanese friends on this board- Does this represent current fashion trends in schools or is it more of a retro theme purely to enhance cuteness? In Britain up to the early 80s most schoolgirls up to the age of about 13 wore white knee socks but then it rapidly changed to ankle socks and on to tights. My all-time favourite JK video star is a good example as she has made a return to action after a long absence and now seems to prefer white knee socks

1x1_Moment.jpg

1x2_Moment(3).jpg

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the long period of unanswered your question, perhaps due to the small number of Japanese. The following survey is available for current high school uniforms. It is in plain Japanese, so machine translation is considered possible.
https://cancam.jp/archives/1116034

Current high school uniforms:
    Color of socks:
        -Black    43.3%
        -Navy blue    25.3%
        -White    18.0%

Length of socks:
        -12cm    38.7%
        - 7cm    29.3%
        -15cm    11.7%

The majority of the students in town are wearing below-the-knee skirts and ankle socks. Those colors vary. White knee socks are not seen on the streets. Students don't have the freedom to be diverse in their uniforms and must dress as specified by their teachers (mostly male).
White knee socks were fashionable in the 1990s. They are still used in cosplay as classic attire.

The extremely short skirts and deep colored calf socks often seen in the illustrations are the uniform of our generation. It didn't prevent unexpected low angle shots on stairs and legs from turning purple to frostbite during a blizzard.
Today's skirts are designed in such a way that they cannot be shortened, and wrap culottes are on the rise. And girls can also choose pants (and boys can choose skirts as well) in many schools.

By the way, I don't actually see many squat-style toilets here. I've never used those either. I can do splits, pointe, pliés, but somehow I can't balance on this squat without much turnout.