Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What is your way of getting over the "strong urges" phase?

For me at holding there is a phase when my bladder can strongly contract (still not full enough) and send strong urges, which I don't like that much. It's not happening every time, and it seems to be a psychological thing. It happens for me after a long hold or being near a toilet. Before that phase I feel the increasing volume inside, after it I only feel the bulging, hard bladder with increasing pressure, the feeling I like the most.

I didn't figure out how to manage those strong urges and what to do against them, and so far I haven't found much information about it in the topics, that's why I would like to collect these here.

Do you have any techniques, tips or tricks to manage or eliminate the involuntary bladder contracts and strong urges without being full?

@zolee
Being an experienced holder for almost ages I hope I can give you some hints.
First get used to stand the urges of a demanding bladder by holding it more frequently. Example: Skip your morning pee regularly and try to delay voiding as long as possible. Try to be able to stand the rising pressure well beyond lunch time.
Give your bladder time to adapt to the rising pressure. When you approach the fullness you normally would have to give up: reduce drinking to slow down urine production. Rather try long-time holdings with normal or reduced intake than short-term fillings.

That's just some samples, and I've still got some ideas

@Holdimax

Being a less experienced holder I gladly appreciate your advices. I like holding pee from a young age (about 15 years ago), but the real kink kicked in about a year ago.
I tried skipping the morning pee, but the problem is that's the time for #2, or at least 95% of the days, and I don't really want to hold them both.
Nowadays I usually go shopping, wandering in the city with more and more urge to pee, I think that helps.

So far when I wanted to have a really full bladder I've done more of a rapid desperate, drinking at least 500ml/hour.
If I understand correctly you say that slow fluid intake makes it easier to hold, and less stong urge wave appears? The question is more about the second part, as I know that slowly increasing the volume inside the bladder helps it expand more gradually.

I wanna try not fully emptying the bladder when it's near the limit, just to keep the fullness for longer... what do you think, would that help, or do you have some better idea?

I love it when my bladder is playful like that, when I know I can´t be full yet, but have those spasms anyway.  Doesn´t happen often but sometimes early in the day. Then I can experience the nice feeling of urgency without the risk of overstretching my bladder, something i´m sometimes worried about when the bladder keeps calm and boring no matter how full it gets.

I would suggest you just try to enjoy this phase more. One thing I like is to focus on the urges, first clench and then relax in just the last moment before the urge dies down, so that I´m really close to leak but still in control. That can almost make me come handsfree. 

On 1/7/2022 at 6:38 PM, zolee said:

It happens for me after a long hold or being near a toilet.

I know this feeling. Have you tried holding yourself? It helps me well to get past those short phases of strong urges.

It's also true that they occur less if you limit your liquid intake, but you should be careful to not dehydrate yourself. Always drink sufficiently, especially while holding it.

23 hours ago, John said:

Also consider doing two holds

Sounds interesting, never got into holding twice before... Now I'm curious how it feels like to have a bursting bladder twice. Maybe with more fluid intake it will be an interesting experiment.

19 hours ago, Tellnoone said:

I would suggest you just try to enjoy this phase more.

I will try, but so far I haven't enjoyed it much. I like the bursting full bladder more, that turns me on and makes the same effects on me as you described.

4 hours ago, luvwetting said:

Have you tried holding yourself?

Ofc I tried, but the thing is, holding myself makes me horny way too much... I think you can understand that. That's why I asked what is the others way of doing it.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, zolee said:

@Holdimax
I tried skipping the morning pee, but the problem is that's the time for #2, or at least 95% of the days, and I don't really want to hold them both.

@zolee
If I am not really bursting I can manage #2 without #1. Sometimes it is a bit tricky but usually it works for me. You may give it a try.

@Holdimax
So far when I wanted to have a really full bladder I've done more of a rapid desperate, drinking at least 500ml/hour.
If I understand correctly you say that slow fluid intake makes it easier to hold, and less stong urge wave appears? The question is more about the second part, as I know that slowly increasing the volume inside the bladder helps it expand more gradually.

@zolee
If I want to fill my bladder to the utmost max I settle for slow filling. I like to enjoy the long hours while the urge is building up so slowly that I can easily adapt to a volume I could hardly stand otherwise. Sometimes after 12 or 15 hours of holding the annoying pressure changes for a feeling of pleasant fullness and I can savor some additional enjoyable hours.

@Holdimax
I wanna try not fully emptying the bladder when it's near the limit, just to keep the fullness for longer... what do you think, would that help, or do you have some better idea?

The idea of not fully voiding I practice not too rarely, but more sophisticated. If I feel I have to give up the very next second I empty just a tiny bit to simulate relief. The bad urge vanishes and I can go on for, say, two additional hours. Of course the urge comes back as the bladder fills again but I can repeat the trick easily.