Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

1 to 4 Players Coop Boardgame: Escape of Humankind

Hello. This is huge, so be prepared to have a headache.

I started doing awfully complicated stuff but erased most of it, to make it more cooperative and less messy. (In the draft each player would have a base and construct lot of things, that would be really hard to handle correctly, so this is easier!)

This game is a multiplayer board game where you have to fight creatures and monsters until AVA and you can build a space shuttle to escape the planet. I've already made a few maps and rules, so lets jump in.

screenshot1.thumb.PNG.bfbe872186f65280d6030b300ac2ed92.PNG

You are one of AVA's soldier, and you can move as your will around to explore. You can join or quit anytime you want (better if you warn others of course), your character attack hostile enemies automatically, but won't move without your will unless in danger.

Players have 50HP, and will be added +50 after each level up, which happens after gaining 10 EXP, the 0/10 bar. 

I'll write your pseudonym in your token so you know where you are, apart with the color.

To move, it's pretty simple. You see players are 1x1 size. What you have to say is Walk, then the direction, then a number. I choose Walk because that way it's not the same if you are just indicating moves for some reasons. Your basic character can move up to 5 steps in a turn. So to go to the end of the road in face of yourself as the player 1, you'll say:

Walk right 5

You can also schedule to walk in multiple steps and directions, like:

Walk down-left 1

Walk down 4

Note that you can go in diagonal and it also count as 1 step, so all possible directions are 8: left, left-up, up, right-up, right, right-down, down, left-down. Or you can use North & South directions if you wanna. You can also, if you see enemies nearby, say:

Walk left 3 

Fire

Walk right 2

You also can ask "what would do" and something you would like to try, I'll answer if it can work or not, but maybe I'll keep it a secret to not spoil a main part of the game. "You certainly may try..." 🙃

Like said before your character will fire as a free action if it stops in front of a enemy, so if you move 3 to the left then 2 to the right it won't be useful, so precise if you do that. You have a hit-range of 5sq as a soldier, and you do 4d6 damage.

Also, anytime you want and anywhere in your reply, you can talk to other players, to propose strategies and stuff. I'll certainly add teamwork bonus if people keep playing together a lot, that would be nice to see strong accomplishments.

Also there is AVA that I'm playing in the background and the enemies, also neutral creatures and NPCs, so it is complex but I won't disturb you with that annoying things for now.

After a little time I'll announce that y'all can construct buildings, usually I'll place it in front of your soldier, and, I don't know if you can see already on the tiny peek, but there is 3-dimensional relief even if it's in top down view, so you can't place buildings at the edge of a cliff/hill. The Colony is 6x6, Artillery and Extractor are 2x2. I precise it because some textures can seems smaller than they are (all is homemade in pixelart). And monsters are often powerful proportionally to their size. The Extractors not only collect energy from ground, but the green circle is the range energy can be distributed from them, and the Colony have a 11sq reach. You don't need to be connected to act and move, but buildings do, there is also Power Tower that can transmit energy further range than Extractors even if it don't collect resources. You'll understand better when you and AVA will expand.

There is multiple maps that are original on their own, and I'll increase difficulty with time and your overall strength on the battlefield, and some little say is that maps are HUGE. You will see the rest of the map if you explore, but for that you need to move of course! 

Don't worry if two players are far further from eachother, I'll just make more screenshots in one post for every one of y'all. Maybe I'll be open to many more than 4 players! Upgrades into tanks and planes! I'll introduce more stuff and maybe interface states of resources and all, I'll see when we'll be further. Don't be shy! It's the tutorial, there is very low difficulty for now. The game's end is when you finished the Space Shuttle to escape the place, then we continue on a harder map. Good luck everyone! 🙂 

[AVA]

Current state: Expanding

Overloaded/player help needed factor: 1% 

Resources:

2500 / 5000 Credits

Units:

2x Artillery

4x Extractor

screenshot2.thumb.PNG.404837ae4e3d9706fe1a91c3097c2ccb.PNG

[AVA]

Current state: Expanding

Overloaded/player help needed factor: 1% 

Resources:

2020 / 5000 Cr (3x -200 for 2x Extractor & 1x Power Tower, +20 Cr each Extractors)

Units:

2x Artillery

6x Extractor

1x Power Tower