Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Hydration-Related Inconvenience

Is trying to do a big hold really inconvenient for anyone else because you generally don’t drink a whole lot in your day to day life?

Like, when I was an athlete in high school I took my hydration very seriously, and if I wanted to do a hold I only needed a couple of hours and a big glass of water.

Nowadays it seems like it takes half a day and lots of fluid for my body to wake up and start filling. Of course I can’t hold it nearly as long once I’m full because I don’t stubbornly hold it all day like I used to as a teenager.

Anyone else find this to be true?

I drink a lot of fluid normally, so I would say my answer is 'no.'

However, if you want to speed things up, drinking a lot of water (a litre or more per hour) and peeing as needed for a couple of hours before you start whatever pee-related activity you want to do can get your kidneys revved up.  You can then switch to holding if that's what suits your needs. 

This is called the rapid desperation technique.  There's probably better descriptions of it out there, so see if your search engine of choice can help you find out more about it.

On top of that, there are some things that can help with urine production.  Notably, caffeine, alcohol and dandelion are things that will make you pee more.