Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Does anyone else pee pink after eating beets?

I ate a gigantic beet salad for dinner. And beets make my pee look like rose wine. 

Big group of people playing " you had to be there" for a 4 hour dinner. It was fun but not my speed. So I excused myself from the dinner group, feigning sleepiness, to race home on foot alone , desperate to pee in the shower so I could film it for y'all and show you the pink. 

But I don't think enough time has passed. Peeing in the shower doesn't do anything for me sexually but I am fascinated by the pink colour when it happens.

Hopefully in the morning 🤞😉

12 hours ago, PrincessInTheP said:

I ate a gigantic beet salad for dinner. And beets make my pee look like rose wine. 

Big group of people playing " you had to be there" for a 4 hour dinner. It was fun but not my speed. So I excused myself from the dinner group, feigning sleepiness, to race home on foot alone , desperate to pee in the shower so I could film it for y'all and show you the pink. 

But I don't think enough time has passed. Peeing in the shower doesn't do anything for me sexually but I am fascinated by the pink colour when it happens.

Hopefully in the morning 🤞😉

Doesn't everybody?

On 12/28/2021 at 12:22 PM, scinosensation said:

Why would you feel dumb? Have you ever eaten asparagus, or taken multi-B vitamin supplements? 

Oh totally, yes. But not everybody can smell their own asparagus pee. That's a recessive genetic trait. I take a vitamin b supplement on the regular and I actually don't like how yellow it makes my pee. 

I have some girlfriends who say that beets don't stain their pee, and as beets are a dominantly feminine food, I thought maybe it was something not all of us did. But I stand corrected. Good to know. 

3 minutes ago, PrincessInTheP said:

Oh totally yes. But not everybody can smell their asparagus pee ,that's a recessive genetic trait. I take a vitamin b supplement on the regular and I actually don't like how yellow it makes my pee. 

I have some girlfriends who say that beets don't stain their pee, and as beets are a dominantly feminine food, I thought maybe it was something not all of us did. But I've been corrected. Good to know. 

I had no idea the ability to smell asparagus pee is a recessive genetic trait, and I had a career as a geneticist! Thanks for the info.
I do not like beets so I have no idea whether it would it cause me to have pink pee.

On 12/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, scinosensation said:

I had no idea the ability to smell asparagus pee is a recessive genetic trait, and I had a career as a geneticist! Thanks for the info.
I do not like beets so I have no idea whether it would it cause me to have pink pee.

@scinosensationTo be clear, I learned this in AP Bio in 1996. So maybe science has changed its mind? But yeah, asparagus pee, tongue rolling, green eyes...I was taught it's all the same. 🤷

By all means if I am wrong, I'd love to know. Bc this lil factoid is a fave and one I'd rather not spread if it's untrue