Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bladder Size Index

There have been a few posts lately regarding bladder capacity and gender differences with some comments relating to overall body size. I do apologise for reviving this but several years ago I developed a Bladder Size Index to try to find a better way to compare capacity between people of different size. It was based on a modified version of the Body Mass Index formula (BMI). The old thread is here https://www.omorashi.org/topic/19065-bladder-size-index-whats-yours/

One gets one's score using the chart. Simply find the row representing the largest volume you've held and the column for your height. The cell where they meet is your score.

I'm very interested to see how our current cohort of holders score and hopefully plot some histograms if there are enough responses.

Please can willing people post their Height, Largest measured volume and their gender?

post-19587-0-79318400-1404037216.png

I've enjoyed chatting about you with this topic in private and I am glad that you decided to make a post about it on the general board. What we mainly talked about how was there was a greater variable in female bladder capacity than with the male bladder capacity, where women tended to dominate both at the ones who go most frequently and the ones who hold it in the longest, which again I think largely does result due to circumstance. Women do have to go more but more frequently do not get to, so you have to develop a bladder of steel simply to function in some circumstances, something I have learned the very hard way, as everyone here knows!

• 3 months later...

This is a really cool idea!

I’m 5’10” and my best ever is 1.2L, so I guess that puts me at a 28.

Is that good? Average? Anyone have any idea what the typical range is like?

Oh, I’m also male if that matters.

Should the calculation account for sex/gender? I think BMI takes it into consideration, so if that’s what this metric is based on, maybe it makes sense? Also, what about age?

33 minutes ago, BladderChamp said:

This is a really cool idea!

I’m 5’10” and my best ever is 1.2L, so I guess that puts me at a 28.

Is that good? Average? Anyone have any idea what the typical range is like?

Oh, I’m also male if that matters.

Should the calculation account for sex/gender? I think BMI takes it into consideration, so if that’s what this metric is based on, maybe it makes sense? Also, what about age?

As regards average results, I'm going to compile the answers and provide a bar chart as I'm a geek. Have to bear in mind that this is an omo community so not really representative of general society.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2021 at 5:01 AM, Racehorse said:

There have been a few posts lately regarding bladder capacity and gender differences with some comments relating to overall body size. I do apologise for reviving this but several years ago I developed a Bladder Size Index to try to find a better way to compare capacity between people of different size. It was based on a modified version of the Body Mass Index formula (BMI). The old thread is here https://www.omorashi.org/topic/19065-bladder-size-index-whats-yours/

One gets one's score using the chart. Simply find the row representing the largest volume you've held and the column for your height. The cell where they meet is your score.

I'm very interested to see how our current cohort of holders score and hopefully plot some histograms if there are enough responses.

Please can willing people post their Height, Largest measured volume and their gender?

post-19587-0-79318400-1404037216.png

I’m 5’7 and burst at about 600-650 so I score a 16. (I’m afab)