Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do you ever go into opposite gender public bathroom?

I was wondering,about how many people visits opposite gender bathroom?

Im a female lesbian,so im truly dont want go to a male bathroom,but i saw some people do it,like for example when line in female toilet too big,some girls go in male toilet..

[when u answer,please tell your gender,its intresting what gender do it most]

Edited by fullbladergirl (see edit history)

I used the girls' toilets after school a couple of times when the boys' toilets were locked and I was bursting. I remember that all the walls were painted pink and there was a huge mirror on one wall which was covered in makeup smudges. They were just as nasty as the boys' toilets with toilet paper all over the floor and several of the toilets hadn't been flushed. 

Since leaving school I don't think I've ever used female toilets but have seen women in the men's toilets on several occasions. In Germany for example it was very common to see female cleaners or toilet attendants in the men's bathroom and this is becoming more common where I live in the UK too. 

I've also seen an increase in gender neutral bathrooms recently, many of which still have urinals. There's a famous theatre venue in my city that gets a lot of complaints from women who have to queue right next to men relieving themselves. It's a very weird feeling to be standing there peeing at a urinal knowing that right behind you is a long line of annoyed women all needing the loo. 

I'm a male and I don't usually do it, but I've done it a couple of times if men's was locked and I needed It badly.

One time after a concert where I had drunken the hell away there was a huge line at men's and not as much as women's cause there were many fewer women at the concert. And when I get to the front I was terribly desperate, I couldn't wait a minute longer. There was a stall vacant at women's but I didn't dare to enter because I didn't want to disturb! But i was so desperate and it showed so much that the women next to me in the line gave way to me saying "go before you pee yourself!" God bless her.

@Despguy123

"I've also seen an increase in gender neutral bathrooms recently, many of which still have urinals. There's a famous theatre venue in my city that gets a lot of complaints from women who have to queue right next to men relieving themselves. It's a very weird feeling to be standing there peeing at a urinal knowing that right behind you is a long line of annoyed women all needing the loo."

If you think that is a weird feeling try being one of those women standing there in line while men are peeing loudly behind you! I haven't really seen many gender-neutral restrooms in the United States and I only think I went into one one time where they had two stalls and four urinals, so again a gender-neutral bathroom that has two thirds of the facilities that can only be used by men, now that can be frustrating! That's why think gender-neutral bathrooms won't solve the problem of women's long lines, probably just making them even more frustrating when you are seeing the men peeing right across from you.

But to answer the question I only use the men's room once at my job when the ladies room was locked and I didn't feel like waiting another three hours when I could easily be using that bathroom instead. But short of an emergency I probably wouldn't do it again as it's a rather awkward thing to do.

4 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I haven't really seen many gender-neutral restrooms in the United States and I only think I went into one one time where they had two stalls and four urinals, so again a gender-neutral bathroom that has two thirds of the facilities that can only be used by men, now that can be frustrating! That's why think gender-neutral bathrooms won't solve the problem of women's long lines, probably just making them even more frustrating when you are seeing the men peeing right across from you.

That was actually one of the complaints I read in a news article about the gender-neutral bathrooms in this particular theatre - it was essentially a men's bathroom that everybody could now use and therefore had a long row of urinals but only 2 cubicles at the end! So therefore it did very little to reduce the long lines during the interval and now women had to queue in very close proximity to men urinating. The article also stated that some men were uncomfortable using a urinal in full view of women and so queued up for the cubicles instead, which prolonged the waiting time for women. Apparently there had also been complaints about a few men at the urinals turning around and 'flashing' the women in the queue! I would link to the article but unfortunately it would give away where I live.

I have been to this theatre a few times in the pre-covid days and to be honest I found it very uncomfortable to use the urinals right next to a queue of women especially as I knew they could hear me peeing and would be able to see the piss stream (although I doubt anyone looked). I remember the first time I went, it took me ages to actually start peeing because I suddenly became extremely pee shy, and when I finally relaxed enough to pee I was going for ages (I was really desperate but had been holding on until the interval) and I heard a teenage girl in the queue make a comment to her friend like 'oh my god he's still weeing' and it was incredibly embarrassing! My girlfriend who was also in the queue thought it was hilarious lol. 

@Despguy123

"That was actually one of the complaints I read in a news article about the gender-neutral bathrooms in this particular theatre - it was essentially a men's bathroom that everybody could now use and therefore had a long row of urinals but only 2 cubicles at the end! So therefore it did very little to reduce the long lines during the interval and now women had to queue in very close proximity to men urinating. The article also stated that some men were uncomfortable using a urinal in full view of women and so queued up for the cubicles instead, which prolonged the waiting time for women. Apparently there had also been complaints about a few men at the urinals turning around and 'flashing' the women in the queue! I would link to the article but unfortunately it would give away where I live."

This is exactly why I feel like unisex restroom could only make the situation worse for women. Firstly they would have one bathroom for everyone instead of two, and then urinals are more cost-effective, so that they would probably emphasize that so that the men would probably get a whole row of urinals up against the wall and maybe two measly stalls for the women, that they have to share with the men on top of that, so if anything it would reduce our total number of places to go and we would have to endure waiting in line while hearing men peeing which would just be excruciating! And again I could definitely see this happening now, which is why I feel that as bad as things are right now it could definitely be even worse.

7 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@Despguy123

"That was actually one of the complaints I read in a news article about the gender-neutral bathrooms in this particular theatre - it was essentially a men's bathroom that everybody could now use and therefore had a long row of urinals but only 2 cubicles at the end! So therefore it did very little to reduce the long lines during the interval and now women had to queue in very close proximity to men urinating. The article also stated that some men were uncomfortable using a urinal in full view of women and so queued up for the cubicles instead, which prolonged the waiting time for women. Apparently there had also been complaints about a few men at the urinals turning around and 'flashing' the women in the queue! I would link to the article but unfortunately it would give away where I live."

This is exactly why I feel like unisex restroom could only make the situation worse for women. Firstly they would have one bathroom for everyone instead of two, and then urinals are more cost-effective, so that they would probably emphasize that so that the men would probably get a whole row of urinals up against the wall and maybe two measly stalls for the women, that they have to share with the men on top of that, so if anything it would reduce our total number of places to go and we would have to endure waiting in line while hearing men peeing which would just be excruciating! And again I could definitely see this happening now, which is why I feel that as bad as things are right now it could definitely be even worse.

Yeah Jill I agree, it seems like a really awkward situation. In some of the new buildings I go to, the gender neutral washrooms are mega-washrooms with only stalls and plenty of them like 20 stalls with plenty of privacy.

There are actually some gender neutral washrooms that did have urinals, but they were much smarter about the design, they put the urinal room as a tiny enclosed room within the bathroom off to the side, full of urinals along the walls so you'd get privacy and women waiting in line wouldn't see men using them and women themselves would have no reason to go there because they wouldn't be using the urinals.

Putting the urinals right across from the stalls is really bad design, but it's like what Despguy said, they probably changed a men's room to a gender-neutral room, but it doesn't help much because there weren't many stalls for women to use in the first place because men's room barely have stalls, it's mostly urinals. 

I’m a demiguy/demiboy, more specifically semi-genderfluid between being a guy and being agender (that’s a lot of words for explaining a gender, I know).

I will admit that I have used the women’s room in some very specific circumstances (I’m leaning towards agender, I’m presenting in a feminine enough way that I hopefully wouldn’t make anyone in the bathroom uncomfortable, and just generally in a scenario where I can’t just piss my pants instead). I’ve done it only four or five times that I can recall.

I gotta know: How are the ladies’ restrooms are always significantly cleaner than the mens’?? The difference is wild.

Edited by ParadoxicEros
I almost reported this comment while trying to edit my grammar (see edit history)

@John

"Yeah Jill I agree, it seems like a really awkward situation. In some of the new buildings I go to, the gender neutral washrooms are mega-washrooms with only stalls and plenty of them like 20 stalls with plenty of privacy.

There are actually some gender neutral washrooms that did have urinals, but they were much smarter about the design, they put the urinal room as a tiny enclosed room within the bathroom off to the side, full of urinals along the walls so you'd get privacy and women waiting in line wouldn't see men using them and women themselves would have no reason to go there because they wouldn't be using the urinals."

This seems like a much better and more reasonable way of doing things.

"Putting the urinals right across from the stalls is really bad design, but it's like what Despguy said, they probably changed a men's room to a gender-neutral room, but it doesn't help much because there weren't many stalls for women to use in the first place because men's room barely have stalls, it's mostly urinals."

I suspect that that was probably the case at the church I went to as well as you had two stalls on one side and on the wall across from them you had four urinals. I can understand the logic behind that though because in a men's room you can have a wall full of stalls and then across from them a wall full of urinals and there is still room to access both. In a ladies room you couldn't have two rows of stalls facing each other and still have a lot of room in the ladies room.

So again this is one of those areas where I am pragmatic and admit that it is sort of reasonable to give men the extra urinals and everything like that but it is still kind of unfair to the women, especially if that eventually turns into a unisex room and the women have to make do with a couple of stalls while the men have a full row of urinals across the wall like that. It's like whoever designed that or decided to do that probably didn't consider women needing to go to the bathroom at all I suspect.

If people think it's weird to be in the restroom with the "opposite gender" imagine constantly living in a world where you get two options: one that heavily triggers your gender dysphoria and the other which may get you publicly shamed/viewed as a predator.

I sadly don't use the women's restroom but honestly would like to whenever I go out again but I know I don't "pass" as femme enough in many ways. I honestly would rather have more gender neutral bathrooms as my experiences with them are extremely pleasant. Most of the time the ones I've used were just a single toilet and sink in a room. The times I've used a shared gender neutral bathroom though it was just a long row of stalls with pretty secure doors. I've used them with others in the same room too; men, women, all sorts of people. That's easily where I've felt the most comfortable with using a public bathroom.

More options for people like me does not mean others will have "less options." I remember being at the Chicago airport earlier this year and between the loads of different restrooms for men and women, there was a handful of single stall neutral/family bathrooms. Gendered bathrooms aren't going away for giving some people the options they need.

18 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@John

"Yeah Jill I agree, it seems like a really awkward situation. In some of the new buildings I go to, the gender neutral washrooms are mega-washrooms with only stalls and plenty of them like 20 stalls with plenty of privacy.

There are actually some gender neutral washrooms that did have urinals, but they were much smarter about the design, they put the urinal room as a tiny enclosed room within the bathroom off to the side, full of urinals along the walls so you'd get privacy and women waiting in line wouldn't see men using them and women themselves would have no reason to go there because they wouldn't be using the urinals."

This seems like a much better and more reasonable way of doing things.

"Putting the urinals right across from the stalls is really bad design, but it's like what Despguy said, they probably changed a men's room to a gender-neutral room, but it doesn't help much because there weren't many stalls for women to use in the first place because men's room barely have stalls, it's mostly urinals."

I suspect that that was probably the case at the church I went to as well as you had two stalls on one side and on the wall across from them you had four urinals. I can understand the logic behind that though because in a men's room you can have a wall full of stalls and then across from them a wall full of urinals and there is still room to access both. In a ladies room you couldn't have two rows of stalls facing each other and still have a lot of room in the ladies room.

So again this is one of those areas where I am pragmatic and admit that it is sort of reasonable to give men the extra urinals and everything like that but it is still kind of unfair to the women, especially if that eventually turns into a unisex room and the women have to make do with a couple of stalls while the men have a full row of urinals across the wall like that. It's like whoever designed that or decided to do that probably didn't consider women needing to go to the bathroom at all I suspect.

In my experience gender neutral restrooms have always been stalls only and no urinals. I find the common gripe is that men pee over the seat that ruin it for women. I have not heard of uirnals inside a gender neutral restroom. Talking to girls their dislike for gender neutral restrooms is more so cause they think guys will make a mess everywhere.

I'm a male, and I've done it two times, one on purpose and one by mistake.

The first one (on purpose): I was 15 years old, I was on camping holiday. One morning I woke up very early and completely desperate to pee. I ran towards the toilet building, but the male toilets were being cleaned. Maybe the cleaning lady would have let me into anyway, but I was far too shy to ask. However, I was on the verge of peeing myself, so I rushed in the ladies toilets and peed there.

The second time (by accident): I was 19 years old, and I was in university. It was one of my first days there, and, I don't know how, I was desperate to pee (I usually never peed at school or at university). Anyway, I remember trying to hold it as I always did, but this time it was too much: before coming back home I had to visit the toilet, or I surely would have peed myself on the way. I decided to use the toilets in the basement, since the chance to meet people were slightly smaller (as I said, I'm very shy). I was peeing when I heard two voices coming into the toilets.. and they were female voices. In the rush, I probably hadn't checked if it was a male toilet. In the end I was lucky, as only one of the two girls had to use the toilet (there were only two stalls), I waited till she finished, and then ran away.

Here is a photo from some news report. 

We have  several important holidays when people usually return to their hometown from big cities. For every such holiday, there is heavy traffic jams on the highways around the country. Everyone will stuck into the traffic about 10 hours or even longer. 

Except for those who have had to release along the road sides, all people arrive the service areas of the highways with a bursting bladder. The bathroom on service area is not enough for both gender, especially for women. Sometimes women will line up for the male bathroom and use the stalls in it,  as the photo tells. 

R-C.png

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If it was a big multi stall bathroom where other people could be in there then no. Single stall I've done before, though. Where I work we have predominately female staff and we have 2 single stall bathrooms in the office, one for men and one for women. The mens side is hardly ever used but the womens side is always occupied. So most of us will go use the mens if someones taking a while in the womens.