Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Pee shyness leading to use of adult diaper and diapers/pee shyness in school

Hello, i wanted to ask who of you has a shy bladder/paruresis and uses diapers to cope with it.

Since my early childhood and school days i developed a shy bladder which prevented me from using the potty at school or when going on a trip. At school i was always to shy to ask for the toilet (since i feared i would be denied and had to wet myself anyway) and didnt want to go at break time as i feared to older kids would prevent me from using it. This lead to some close calls where i nearly wet myself in class and i always minimized fluid intake till i graduated. If i used the school bathroom, i always made sure that no one was in there (observed the entrance for a while).

This lead to me developing an early interest in using a diaper at school (i never did) as i would not have to worry about needing to use the bathroom and could just discretely relief myself.

Today im using diapers when going on vacations and long road trips as my fear is still there (eg. traffic jams).

Does someone of you have similar issues from their school days and uses diapers to avoid public bathrooms on trips and vacations (not just of fetish reasons and because its easier to go in a diaper than searching for one)?

I had a lot of social anxiety which led me into similar thinking (afraid of being denied or being bullied by big kids or something) so i have many close calls, and a few accidents growing up. I haven't used a diaper yet on a road trip but it sounds fun, i have gone away on vacations and used diapers before, but i guess ive done that for more fetish reasons, but there are situations i've been in where i thought it would be much easier if i was padded up

• 2 months later...

I haven't done this yet, but I have considered it. Been thinking about this  more lately and bought some pull-ups to try out. Not sure if I would be able to use them when people are around or if I'd still tense up regardless, but I figured it would be a nice assurance to have one on in situations where finding a private enough bathroom isn't possible. I'd feel a lot less anxious on car trips, at concerts, at the movies, etc. I mostly plan on wearing them in situations like this, or at home for some added comfort as I do like the feeling of having that protection and the added ease that comes with it. Having them as a backup would make me feel a lot more secure overall and perhaps it would give me more freedom to travel and go to events if stressing over the bathroom and managing my fluid intake were not a concern. 

The one drawback though, is I live with family so I have to figure out a way of hiding them/disposing of used ones. If anyone has any tips for this, let me know.