Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The Problem With Bathroom Scarcity: When There Is a Bathroom but There Isn't Enough so That There Technically Isn't One

@DesperateQueue

"I would say that this is probably the  thing that surprises me most of all about the bathroom situation. You would think that if a girl came in late to class because of a long bathroom line and was asked why she was late, somebody would have said the truth “I was about to pee my pants, but the bathroom line was too long”, or if they were asked whey didn’t go between classes “Because I didn’t have enough time because the bathroom line was too long.”  Why do you think that nobody really “challenged” the teachers or administrators on that “bad” situation (that got worse after the other bathrooms were closed down)?"

Well the thing is teachers never really asked students why they were late. If a student came in late to class the teacher would just say your late and market down. They don't ask for an explanation or extenuating circumstances so I guess nobody ever really said anything about it. Generally if a teacher doesn't specifically ask you something you don't volunteer that information, at least that's what I found.

I once again I think goes back to conditioning why nobody challenge that. I mean that's the way things always were in school, it was understood that you were to go between classes and the teachers were unsympathetic otherwise. So when the situation got worse I guess it was pretty much for most people the way things have always been, the bathroom situation was always bad and now it was worse but I guess they never expected it to be good.

Although I do think it made a significant difference because when all of the bathrooms were open I was usually able to go every couple of periods or maybe even every other. Much of the time, but once all of the bathrooms were closed that pretty much stopped because then there was only one bathroom and there was almost always a line. To be fair there was often a line even when they had all of the bathrooms open but when all of the bathrooms were open generally between every single class you would pass by at least one bathroom and eventually one of those bathrooms would be close to the class so that you would get out and get to the bathroom first before a large line built up, at least that was my experience anyway, I probably fixated on this a lot more than anyone else! Probably an early indication I would develop a fetish…

"Yeah, that could be an interesting situation.  Like let’s suppose there is a guy named Peter that got to pee between classes with little or not wait, and before he enters the restroom, he gets out he sees an attractive, young teenage girl by the name of Elizabeth looking desperate to pee but is stuck in a long bathroom line.  He can walk right into the boys bathroom, pee, and get out, and see that Elizabeth is hasn’t moved up much in the bathroom line.  If Peter really wanted to “rub it in”, he could say something like “Ha ha, I see that you are about to pee your pants and are stuck in a long bathroom line.  I was able to pee and get out in about a minute, and you’re still stuck in line.  I believe that if you are late to class, you get detention.  Ha ha, sucks to be you.”  And Elizabeth might be “tempted” to punch Peter in the face, or kick him in the nuts, or something like that (but probably wouldn’t go through with it because she doesn’t want to get into additional trouble besides the punishment for being late to class because of the long bathroom line)."

The thing is though you really didn't see that kind of behavior. I mean most guys probably didn't even take much notice that the women were getting stuck in line and not going to the bathroom all day. I mean unless you are a fetishist at that young age I don't think that you would really notice most of what was going on. Even at the time I was mostly focused on my own need and I didn't really take as much notice of what others were doing except when they were in the same situation I was, i.e. waiting in line for the bathroom.

The most that I got was my guy friends when they saw me press on the bathroom door and find it locked because they knew I would try to go between every class they would kind of laugh and find it funny and I found it less than amusing but that was about as far as it went because they didn't have any kind of fetish for bathroom related stuff, I know because I brought it up with them years later. They just thought it was a rather funny scenario to see the girl who goes to the bathroom between every class suddenly not able to do so.

I do kind of wonder if other people somehow enjoyed seeing me in that situation seeing as I was kind of like the teacher's pet and to suddenly be frustrated by the situation where I hadn't been before, I don't know again I guess it sort of like a humbling experience. When you had worked out this careful schedule of always managing to get to go to the bathroom without being late to class and now all the sudden that that doesn't work anymore and you still want to be a good student but being a good student mean sitting there uncomfortably with a full bladder all day.

But it is a weird thing to think that back in high school that maybe some guys were jumpstarted through puberty simply by the fact that they could see girls waiting in line for the bathroom. Again I think it was probably a small minority of people but you have to figure in a school with hundreds of students even if only a small percentage of the population is into omorashi you figure a school with 1500 students if only 5% are into omorashi that is still a good 75 or so students who were probably getting a real kick out of the whole scenario.

Again at that time in my life I wasn't really fetish aware, I mean I started developing an awareness of it gradually because all those situations would frustrate me I would masturbate to thoughts of them later and at the time I didn't even realize that for what it was. But I couldn't help but think now looking back in retrospect how many people might have developed fetishes simply being in that situation.

I once again it's a situation you can look back on with jealousy because if there were any guys who are into omorashi they were probably getting a good look at me seeing me getting annoyed and everything about these lines for the bathroom without me ever even knowing it, and yet I was never in the giving situation so to speak, I was always in the situation of being the one desperate where the guys pretty much never were. Again it's another one of those situations where for guys into omorashi it's basically a wonderful situation but for girls even if they liked omorashi it was an extraordinary inconvenience and really frustrating and annoying.

And just out of morbid curiosity I honestly have to ask what is your real name actually Peter because when I was reading that description I couldn't help but think that you probably experience the situation yourself, just the way you describe that it was either something you've experienced or something that you are deeply fantasizing about now that it has come up!

And it's funny you should mention Elizabeth cause there was this other girl that I knew in high school named Elizabeth and she was always also like a very well behaved individual and she never brought up the bathroom topic or anything but I kind of wonder how she dealt with the bathroom situation because she was a very prim and proper kind of girl.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking of this in regards to the other thread about the girl denied to go to the bathroom where I mentioned, as I have in numerous posts before, the situation in my high school where they lock

My high school had very inadequate bathrooms. I think each one had only 4 stalls and the teachers almost never let anyone leave in the middle of class, so the only opportunity to pee came at lunch or

The bottom line is that it is sad that we’re having to talk about long bathroom lines period (boys or girls) in countries such as the United States and Canada.  If we have problems here, I would think

@DesperateJill

"Well the thing is teachers never really asked students why they were late. If a student came in late to class the teacher would just say your late and market down. They don't ask for an explanation or extenuating circumstances so I guess nobody ever really said anything about it. Generally if a teacher doesn't specifically ask you something you don't volunteer that information, at least that's what I found."

Well, that makes sense, because you wouldn't want to mention anything embarrassing such as being late because of a long bathroom line if you are not asked why you are late.  But I am surprised that more teachers didn't ask for a reason for being late.  Have you thought about why the teachers don’t ask students why they were late?

@DesperateJill

"And just out of morbid curiosity I honestly have to ask what is your real name actually Peter because when I was reading that description I couldn't help but think that you probably experience the situation yourself, just the way you describe that it was either something you've experienced or something that you are deeply fantasizing about now that it has come up! "

Peter is just a random boy name that I came up with, and the only thing I am going to say is that is NOT my real name.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think to summarize the situation though, if you assumed that there were 1,500 students in your school, with 750 of them being girls, if even 5% of the girls needed to use the bathroom during break, that would be around 37 or 38 girls per class break.  When you had three bathrooms (five stalls for each bathroom), you could get 12 or 13 girls into a bathroom during a 4 minute break, and "most" of them would have time to wait in line, pee and get to class on time.  At some point, you will probably find a class close to one of the three bathrooms, meaning even if you don't have time to wait in line and pee before that class, you can at least take comfort in knowing you can go to that bathroom and pee after that class before the line builds up.  But, when you have only on open bathroom do deal with, you are basically looking at 37 or 38  girls having to "compete" for 5 toilets within that 4 minute break, and a maximum of 10 girls have any sort of chance to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time.

Edited by DesperateQueue (see edit history)

@DesperateQueue

"Well, that makes sense, because you wouldn't want to mention anything embarrassing such as being late because of a long bathroom line if you are not asked why you are late.  But I am surprised that more teachers didn't ask for a reason for being late.  Have you thought about why the teachers don’t ask students why they were late?"

Honestly I think that the teachers just didn't really care why the students were late. If you were late you were late and that was all there was to it. I don't think the teachers really gave a damn about extenuating circumstances, and I think that the students knowing this just simply accepted that they were late and didn't give any reason why.

"I think to summarize the situation though, if you assumed that there were 1,500 students in your school, with 750 of them being girls, if even 5% of the girls needed to use the bathroom during break, that would be around 37 or 38 girls per class break.  When you had three bathrooms (five stalls for each bathroom), you could get 12 or 13 girls into a bathroom during a 4 minute break, and "most" of them would have time to wait in line, pee and get to class on time.  At some point, you will probably find a class close to one of the three bathrooms, meaning even if you don't have time to wait in line and pee before that class, you can at least take comfort in knowing you can go to that bathroom and pee after that class before the line builds up.  But, when you have only on open bathroom do deal with, you are basically looking at 37 or 38  girls having to "compete" for 5 toilets within that 4 minute break, and a maximum of 10 girls have any sort of chance to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time."

I would assume that in the first couple of periods of the day that most of the girls probably didn't have to go to the bathroom yet unless they drank a lot of breakfast and didn't start feeling it until they got to school. I figured that after a couple of periods though more than 5% of the girls would have to go at any given time and probably didn't have time to go.

Again it's hard to work out the specific math of this because there are some girls who simply wouldn't go all day even before they locked most of the bathrooms but you have to figure that the average girl probably couldn't go a seven-hour school day without going to the bathroom at least once, but yeah the math is pretty clear that you probably couldn't get more than a maximum of 10 girls per bathroom per period, so no matter how you slice it I have to figure that a majority of the girls weren't getting to go to the bathroom as soon as they wanted to on a regular basis. I know I tried to go every opportunity that I could but I definitely ended up having to go pretty badly by the time I did get to go.

@DesperateJill

“I would assume that in the first couple of periods of the day that most of the girls probably didn't have to go to the bathroom yet unless they drank a lot of breakfast and didn't start feeling it until they got to school. I figured that after a couple of periods though more than 5% of the girls would have to go at any given time and probably didn't have time to go.”

So using the theory that bathroom lines are likely to get longer later in the day, it would seem that the “best” time for the girls to use the bathroom (besides before school, at lunch, and after school) would be after each of the first two class periods when the line is not likely to be as long, because after that, the lines will probably be progressively longer after the third period and beyond.  But that is based on all the bathrooms being open.  But if only one bathroom is open, you can pretty much forget about that, and your only chance to pee during school hours is at lunch,  unless you have a class right next to the lone bathroom that’s open and are able to dash to that bathroom right after class before the line builds up.  In that scenario, you’d better hope the teacher doesn’t hold you after class (when the dismissal bell rings), even if it’s only for a few seconds, because a delay of even 5 seconds of leaving the classroom to use the bathroom could mean the difference between waiting in line vs not.

@DesperateQueue

"So using the theory that bathroom lines are likely to get longer later in the day, it would seem that the “best” time for the girls to use the bathroom (besides before school, at lunch, and after school) would be after each of the first two class periods when the line is not likely to be as long, because after that, the lines will probably be progressively longer after the third period and beyond.  But that is based on all the bathrooms being open.  But if only one bathroom is open, you can pretty much forget about that, and your only chance to pee during school hours is at lunch,  unless you have a class right next to the lone bathroom that’s open and are able to dash to that bathroom right after class before the line builds up.  In that scenario, you’d better hope the teacher doesn’t hold you after class (when the dismissal bell rings), even if it’s only for a few seconds, because a delay of even 5 seconds of leaving the classroom to use the bathroom could mean the difference between waiting in line vs not."

Well that's what I logically inferred. You figure that as the day goes on people are going to have to go to the bathroom more and more. People just getting to school by the end of the first or second period probably aren't getting desperate but after a couple more periods by the end of the day you figure that more and more women are going to have to use the toilet eventually, so as the day goes on more and more people are going to have to go. If I had the opportunity I would go in the early periods of the day so that I wouldn't get as desperate later because they're tended not to be as long a line in the mornings, but by the afternoon some who have been holding it all day cannot put it off any longer, although I think that those who wait until they are desperate before they even begin trying to get to a bathroom are asking for trouble and I don't understand that mentality when you know that there is going to be a line or that the bathrooms are going to be more crowded like that.

And you are right timing is very important because if you get delayed even briefly then more people are going to beat you to the bathroom. That's not just true in a school scenario, that's true in any scenario such as everybody getting off of a bus or everybody going at intermission or half time or anything like that at any kind of crowded events. Or at the end of a movie when everybody charges for the bathroom all at once. If you get ahead of the crowd that really makes a difference because if you hesitate even a moment you can have large crowds in front of you. That is why I think what a lot of women haven't been going to the bathroom for a while there is that stampede towards the bathroom because you know if you are not first you are either going to have a really long wait or you are not going to get to go at all. The men's room doesn't have that issue usually.

@DesperateJill

“And you are right timing is very important because if you get delayed even briefly then more people are going to beat you to the bathroom. That's not just true in a school scenario, that's true in any scenario such as everybody getting off of a bus or everybody going at intermission or half time or anything like that at any kind of crowded events. Or at the end of a movie when everybody charges for the bathroom all at once. If you get ahead of the crowd that really makes a difference because if you hesitate even a moment you can have large crowds in front of you. That is why I think what a lot of women haven't been going to the bathroom for a while there is that stampede towards the bathroom because you know if you are not first you are either going to have a really long wait or you are not going to get to go at all. The men's room doesn't have that issue usually.”

And of course, the girls that are most desperate and thus the most likely to pee themselves quickly probably CAN’T get to a bathroom as quickly as the “non-desperate” girls because they can’t really “run” because they have to focus on holding their pee until they get a chance to get to a toilet.  That means that unless their previous class was right next to the bathroom, there will almost certainly be a long line ahead ahead of them by the time they get there.  Another thing that I didn’t mention is that if they are that desperate, one minute in the stall probably isn’t going to be enough, so they may need a minute and a half or two minutes, and if all the girls ahead of you in that line also take almost a full two minutes, you certainly aren’t getting to class on time (it’s iffy at best if they take only one minute in the stall).

@DesperateQueue

"And of course, the girls that are most desperate and thus the most likely to pee themselves quickly probably CAN’T get to a bathroom as quickly as the “non-desperate” girls because they can’t really “run” because they have to focus on holding their pee until they get a chance to get to a toilet.  That means that unless their previous class was right next to the bathroom, there will almost certainly be a long line ahead ahead of them by the time they get there.  Another thing that I didn’t mention is that if they are that desperate, one minute in the stall probably isn’t going to be enough, so they may need a minute and a half or two minutes, and if all the girls ahead of you in that line also take almost a full two minutes, you certainly aren’t getting to class on time (it’s iffy at best if they take only one minute in the stall)."

This is true, the average woman supposedly takes up to two or three minutes in the bathroom according to studies that have actually been done about that, so it's true that not every girl's going to be out in a single minute like that. This is in contrast to the men's room where the men can use the urinal in like 30 seconds and be out of there.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:34 AM, DesperateJill said:

@DesperateQueue

"And of course, the girls that are most desperate and thus the most likely to pee themselves quickly probably CAN’T get to a bathroom as quickly as the “non-desperate” girls because they can’t really “run” because they have to focus on holding their pee until they get a chance to get to a toilet.  That means that unless their previous class was right next to the bathroom, there will almost certainly be a long line ahead ahead of them by the time they get there.  Another thing that I didn’t mention is that if they are that desperate, one minute in the stall probably isn’t going to be enough, so they may need a minute and a half or two minutes, and if all the girls ahead of you in that line also take almost a full two minutes, you certainly aren’t getting to class on time (it’s iffy at best if they take only one minute in the stall)."

This is true, the average woman supposedly takes up to two or three minutes in the bathroom according to studies that have actually been done about that, so it's true that not every girl's going to be out in a single minute like that. This is in contrast to the men's room where the men can use the urinal in like 30 seconds and be out of there.

Well, by spending 2 or 3 minutes “in the bathroom”, do you mean “in a stall” or the total time including washing or drying hands (in a single user bathroom), because depending on the type of bathroom, that makes a difference.  If you have 5 stalls and 2 sinks for example, are you implying that the average woman spends 2 or 3 minutes in a bathroom stall?

But regardless of whether it’s a minute, minute and a half, 2 or 3 minutes in a stall, the math just doesn’t add up.  Even if you forget about any locked bathrooms, if the teachers and administrators are so particular about not allowing students to be late to class nor use the bathroom during class, it makes sense that there will be long bathroom lines (at least for the girls) between classes as lunch, and probably longer as the day goes on.

You may have seen my recent thread about a long girls bathroom line between classes where there were 5 minutes between classes, but some bathrooms had only 3 stalls.  I made up a line scenario where some girls near the end of the line were about ready to pee their pants, but there’s not enough time to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time.  Normally, if the girls found the bathroom line that long, they’d leave the bathroom and try again after the next class, but in this situation, they don’t have that option if they’ve been holding for a while and are about to pee their pants, so even a minute per stall for each girl won’t leave them enough time, and if each girl spends 2 or even 3 minutes in a stall, they’ll be waiting a while.

@DesperateQueue

"Well, by spending 2 or 3 minutes “in the bathroom”, do you mean “in a stall” or the total time including washing or drying hands (in a single user bathroom), because depending on the type of bathroom, that makes a difference.  If you have 5 stalls and 2 sinks for example, are you implying that the average woman spends 2 or 3 minutes in a bathroom stall?"

I don't remember if the study specified whether they just meant in a stall or in the bathroom in general but I know that even when I'm at home I am often two or three minutes in the bathroom at least, so yeah women just do take a while to go to the bathroom I guess is there are only a few stalls you can see how this would lead to a very large line up soon.

"But regardless of whether it’s a minute, minute and a half, 2 or 3 minutes in a stall, the math just doesn’t add up.  Even if you forget about any locked bathrooms, if the teachers and administrators are so particular about not allowing students to be late to class nor use the bathroom during class, it makes sense that there will be long bathroom lines (at least for the girls) between classes as lunch, and probably longer as the day goes on."

Yes it really doesn't make that much of a difference as whether you are talking about two or three minutes when you do the math doesn't add up to that many women getting to go to the bathroom with such a limited number of stalls. I mean with only four minutes between class if you take two or three minutes in the bathroom you are probably just going to make it to class in time, and that is why if there's anybody ahead of you you usually do just have to walk away and hope for better luck next time.

"You may have seen my recent thread about a long girls bathroom line between classes where there were 5 minutes between classes, but some bathrooms had only 3 stalls.  I made up a line scenario where some girls near the end of the line were about ready to pee their pants, but there’s not enough time to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time.  Normally, if the girls found the bathroom line that long, they’d leave the bathroom and try again after the next class, but in this situation, they don’t have that option if they’ve been holding for a while and are about to pee their pants, so even a minute per stall for each girl won’t leave them enough time, and if each girl spends 2 or even 3 minutes in a stall, they’ll be waiting a while."

And that's precisely why you start looking for a bathroom or start trying to go to the bathroom before you reach a state of desperation because if you wait until you are desperate than you will likely find yourself in a situation like this. That's why I will never understand girls who weren't precautionary about this, it really does boggle the mind.

15 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@DesperateQueue

"Well, by spending 2 or 3 minutes “in the bathroom”, do you mean “in a stall” or the total time including washing or drying hands (in a single user bathroom), because depending on the type of bathroom, that makes a difference.  If you have 5 stalls and 2 sinks for example, are you implying that the average woman spends 2 or 3 minutes in a bathroom stall?"

I don't remember if the study specified whether they just meant in a stall or in the bathroom in general but I know that even when I'm at home I am often two or three minutes in the bathroom at least, so yeah women just do take a while to go to the bathroom I guess is there are only a few stalls you can see how this would lead to a very large line up soon.

"But regardless of whether it’s a minute, minute and a half, 2 or 3 minutes in a stall, the math just doesn’t add up.  Even if you forget about any locked bathrooms, if the teachers and administrators are so particular about not allowing students to be late to class nor use the bathroom during class, it makes sense that there will be long bathroom lines (at least for the girls) between classes as lunch, and probably longer as the day goes on."

Yes it really doesn't make that much of a difference as whether you are talking about two or three minutes when you do the math doesn't add up to that many women getting to go to the bathroom with such a limited number of stalls. I mean with only four minutes between class if you take two or three minutes in the bathroom you are probably just going to make it to class in time, and that is why if there's anybody ahead of you you usually do just have to walk away and hope for better luck next time.

"You may have seen my recent thread about a long girls bathroom line between classes where there were 5 minutes between classes, but some bathrooms had only 3 stalls.  I made up a line scenario where some girls near the end of the line were about ready to pee their pants, but there’s not enough time to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time.  Normally, if the girls found the bathroom line that long, they’d leave the bathroom and try again after the next class, but in this situation, they don’t have that option if they’ve been holding for a while and are about to pee their pants, so even a minute per stall for each girl won’t leave them enough time, and if each girl spends 2 or even 3 minutes in a stall, they’ll be waiting a while."

And that's precisely why you start looking for a bathroom or start trying to go to the bathroom before you reach a state of desperation because if you wait until you are desperate than you will likely find yourself in a situation like this. That's why I will never understand girls who weren't precautionary about this, it really does boggle the mind.

Yep, and it goes without saying that the bottom line in a situation like this (regardless of how long the girls spends in the stalls) is you’re pretty much screwed if you’re about to pee your pants and the bathroom line is too long.  What it essentially means is that you’re either going to wait in line to pee (and be late and get detention) OR you’re going to pee your pants (either while waiting in line, or at some point during your next class).  If you think you can make it another hour, the decision is easier, but if you can’t, I can’t imagine what your decision would be there.

@DesperateQueue

"Yep, and it goes without saying that the bottom line in a situation like this (regardless of how long the girls spends in the stalls) is you’re pretty much screwed if you’re about to pee your pants and the bathroom line is too long.  What it essentially means is that you’re either going to wait in line to pee (and be late and get detention) OR you’re going to pee your pants (either while waiting in line, or at some point during your next class).  If you think you can make it another hour, the decision is easier, but if you can’t, I can’t imagine what your decision would be there."

Yes that's exactly why will never understand those people who wait until the last moment before they start looking for a bathroom especially when they know there could be a line or they might not be able to get to one right away. I had plenty of situations where I got desperate but I started trying to go every available opportunity so I was never on the verge of an accident even if I was quite desperate.

5 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I was reading up on this subject recently. While I couldn't find a link to the actual study, I've found multiple news articles that state that studies have found men take about a minute to use a public toilet, while women tend to take between a minute and a half to two minutes to use a stall (though it sounded like it was usually on the lower end of that scale).

The way the articles worded it I'm pretty sure that only includes the time it takes men & women to pee, and not time to do other things like wash their hands, etc. All the articles referencing the study specifically called out the extra time it takes women to open & close the stall door, and them needing to undress more then men before they can pee (especially when wearing more complicated clothing) as reasons for the time difference.

@FullBladder85

"I was reading up on this subject recently. While I couldn't find a link to the actual study, I've found multiple news articles that state that studies have found men take about a minute to use a public toilet, while women tend to take between a minute and a half to two minutes to use a stall (though it sounded like it was usually on the lower end of that scale).

The way the articles worded it I'm pretty sure that only includes the time it takes men & women to pee, and not time to do other things like wash their hands, etc. All the articles referencing the study specifically called out the extra time it takes women to open & close the stall door, and them needing to undress more then men before they can pee (especially when wearing more complicated clothing) as reasons for the time difference."

I think that sounds about right as I think that they only counted time in the stall because time in the sinks doesn't delay other women from going to the bathroom. But even just taking twice as long in the bathroom stall while not having as many stalls as stalls and urinals adds up. Once again it's a fact of more than one factor, it's the fact that women take twice as long but also get maybe half to a third as many places to go and have to go more often and things of this nature that compound the problem and multiply and magnify it. Twice as long to x one third as many places to go just in and of itself means the wait for women would be about 6 times as long.

31 minutes ago, FullBladder85 said:

I was reading up on this subject recently. While I couldn't find a link to the actual study, I've found multiple news articles that state that studies have found men take about a minute to use a public toilet, while women tend to take between a minute and a half to two minutes to use a stall (though it sounded like it was usually on the lower end of that scale).

The way the articles worded it I'm pretty sure that only includes the time it takes men & women to pee, and not time to do other things like wash their hands, etc. All the articles referencing the study specifically called out the extra time it takes women to open & close the stall door, and them needing to undress more then men before they can pee (especially when wearing more complicated clothing) as reasons for the time difference.

That could be true.  The point as it relates to this situation though is that even if the women take only about a minute and a half to pee, if there are five toilets and only four minutes between classes, you can get at most two girls per stall for 10 girls total in one break.  So if there is any kind of line at all, you can pretty much forget about peeing if you want to and get to class on time.

@DesperateQueue

"That could be true.  The point as it relates to this situation though is that even if the women take only about a minute and a half to pee, if there are five toilets and only four minutes between classes, you can get at most two girls per stall for 10 girls total in one break.  So if there is any kind of line at all, you can pretty much forget peeing and getting to class on time."

Exactly, when you also taking the factor that there is a limited amount of time to go to the bathroom the girls having a line 6 times as long as the boys means that under similar circumstances the boys would still be able to go where as the girls probably would not, or at least the majority would not.

11 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@FullBladder85

"I was reading up on this subject recently. While I couldn't find a link to the actual study, I've found multiple news articles that state that studies have found men take about a minute to use a public toilet, while women tend to take between a minute and a half to two minutes to use a stall (though it sounded like it was usually on the lower end of that scale).

The way the articles worded it I'm pretty sure that only includes the time it takes men & women to pee, and not time to do other things like wash their hands, etc. All the articles referencing the study specifically called out the extra time it takes women to open & close the stall door, and them needing to undress more then men before they can pee (especially when wearing more complicated clothing) as reasons for the time difference."

I think that sounds about right as I think that they only counted time in the stall because time in the sinks doesn't delay other women from going to the bathroom. But even just taking twice as long in the bathroom stall while not having as many stalls as stalls and urinals adds up. Once again it's a fact of more than one factor, it's the fact that women take twice as long but also get maybe half to a third as many places to go and have to go more often and things of this nature that compound the problem and multiply and magnify it. Twice as long to x one third as many places to go just in and of itself means the wait for women would be about 6 times as long.

Which means that if the boys have to wait at all, it would be maybe about a 20 second wait and then pee for about 30 to 45 seconds, while the girls have to wait about 2 minutes, maybe three minutes, and have to pee about a minute or two depending on the circumstances.  So the boys can pee and get to class on time, but if the girls pee, they will probably be late.

@DesperateQueue

"Which means that if the boys have to wait at all, it would be maybe about a 20 second wait and then pee for about 30 to 45 seconds, while the girls have to wait about 2 minutes, maybe three minutes, and have to pee about a minute or two depending on the circumstances.  So the boys can pee and get to class on time, but if the girls pee, they will probably be late."

Yes exactly, which again proves the point of the title of the thread, bathroom scarcity often means not getting to go at all, especially when time is limited.

21 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@DesperateQueue

"Which means that if the boys have to wait at all, it would be maybe about a 20 second wait and then pee for about 30 to 45 seconds, while the girls have to wait about 2 minutes, maybe three minutes, and have to pee about a minute or two depending on the circumstances.  So the boys can pee and get to class on time, but if the girls pee, they will probably be late."

Yes exactly, which again proves the point of the title of the thread, bathroom scarcity often means not getting to go at all, especially when time is limited.

I got to expereince what it was like being a girl and it was painful! Long lines for the women and none for the men and I saw a bf/gf go to the restroom and the gf held it and the guy went so I decided to hold it too and boarded the bus with the couple. The bus ride after 30mins was painful and then another 20mins walk after the bus ride that by the time I got back into my apartment's elevator I couldnt stand straight. Of course when I got home free from the public I decided to keep holding it and 15mins later the moment I stand straight I leaked pee. I wonder how girls deal with this on a common occurence or maybe that's why they rather wait in line than take the buses. 

Have you ever expereinced these desperations where due to a long  line you held it to go on the bus and it ended up being one painful ride?

@Angusburger

"I wonder how girls deal with this on a common occurence or maybe that's why they rather wait in line than take the buses."

Most women will wait in line if they have time to wait in line with they don't know when the next time they are going to go is going to be but sometimes you don't have time to wait because the line is prohibitively long. As indicated on my long ladies room line survey the majority of women would probably skip out on going to the bathroom in order to catch a bus to a train or whatever if it wasn't a major emergency.

"Have you ever expereinced these desperations where due to a long  line you held it to go on the bus and it ended up being one painful ride?"

Yes I have mentioned this multiple times in multiple other threads such as my Washington DC trip which ultimately inspired my full novella on the topic.

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"I wonder how girls deal with this on a common occurence or maybe that's why they rather wait in line than take the buses."

Most women will wait in line if they have time to wait in line with they don't know when the next time they are going to go is going to be but sometimes you don't have time to wait because the line is prohibitively long. As indicated on my long ladies room line survey the majority of women would probably skip out on going to the bathroom in order to catch a bus to a train or whatever if it wasn't a major emergency.

"Have you ever expereinced these desperations where due to a long  line you held it to go on the bus and it ended up being one painful ride?"

Yes I have mentioned this multiple times in multiple other threads such as my Washington DC trip which ultimately inspired my full novella on the topic.

I thought your DC trip was fiction for some reason! 

the issue seems to be that it becomes an unanticipated emergency during the bus ride like mine or maybe girls are just better at predicting emergencies.

I really wish my city had street urinals thst day as the 20mins walk was embarrassing when you can’t stand straight 

@Angusburger

"I thought your DC trip was fiction for some reason!"

It was a real trip but the confusion probably comes from the fact that I ended up writing a novella inspired by that which I drew out more. Back in 1998 I did genuinely have a long bus ride where I held it for nearly 5 hours and had a long line after that, but then I turned it into a novella that I put in the present, made the characters adults, added new characters and situations and made it a lot more dramatic, which is probably where the confusion comes from. The novella was fiction but it was inspired by a real event.

"the issue seems to be that it becomes an unanticipated emergency during the bus ride like mine or maybe girls are just better at predicting emergencies."

I think that women should be more likely to expect these situations but then there are plenty of people who even knowing that these things could happen don't take them into account. It really does baffle me again how even though most women have been in these situations there are lots of women is not a majority who simply have a cavalier attitude about it. They know there might be no bathroom breaks or that there might be a line but they still drink and don't alter their behavior in any way.

I do think that regardless of how anticipated or unanticipated it is women do find themselves in more emergency situations simply because it's more often a case where women are unable to go during a limited amount of time or where a bathroom isn't available and you have to keep putting it off repeatedly.

"I really wish my city had street urinals thst day as the 20mins walk was embarrassing when you can’t stand straight"

I can see how Street urinals would be useful in a situation like that yes. It would be frustrating for the women who can't use them but I could see how it would be useful to have them which is why in principle I don't really oppose them even though I wish that they would provide something that the women could use as well.