Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Gonna be real clear here. I don't believe a single word of this. Not one. Despite the fact that you added a "disclaimer" that its "made up" its obvious how, almost borderline snarkily and disdainfully, you're trying to pass this off as legitimate in a wink wink nudge nudge fashion in direct disrespect for forum rules....despite the fact that a preschooler could come up with more convincing piss hunting walmart hillbillies. Luckily for you, not only do I not believe you, I double dog don't believe you. I disbelieve you on multiple layers. So despite the multiple reports I've gotten on this post asking to take it down, I did the only thing I deemed appropriate.

I moved this post to the fiction section. 😛

1 hour ago, AquaVitae said:

Unless I missed something, I don't think anyone's race was mentioned or alluded to. You might be reading into the accents a bit too much. The more places you visit, the more you'll realize that sort of spelling could apply to many accents.  But again I might have missed the clearly obvious racism you mentioned so I'm happy to be corrected.

Mr. @AquaVitaeThis description is what got my attention:  “She was a stout black lady with a disheveled wig, an enormous bosom, and a mean look in her eye. Her teenage daughter was with her.”

This description to me seems stereotypical of the skin color economically disadvantaged people about which there has been so much drama in the US. It describing the woman’s skin color did nothing to add to the story. 
Having endured social discrimination because of my religion for over 4 years at the beginning of my career, then again social discrimination because of my skin color for 18 months, and finally the discrimination that people with disabilities (I suffered a spinal cord injury the first effect was loss of abilities to control bowel,and bladder function, the gradually loss of ability to walk) probably have made me more sensitive than most to,whatbImfound offensive about this self described fictional work.

Edited by scinosensation (see edit history)

@scinosensationThat is completely fair! While I disagree with such a thing adding nothing to the story (more representation isn't a bad thing and detailed descriptors help paint the minds eye) but I do agree that every single part of the description other than that can be considered an almost old-timey racist caricature. Its kinda messed up, now that you've pointed it out.