Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anyone think this is true???

2 hours ago, justfeelsgood said:

I just read an article about omorashi that said the people who are into it basically are into nerdy forms of entertainment like comic books, video games, sci-fi books and movies, pretty much the kind of stuff you'd find at a comic-con. I'll admit those are the kinds of entertainments I enjoy. But I'm wondering, is that true for the rest of us?

i'd be interested in reading that article πŸ˜‰Β Also, I don't know if this is supported through empirical research, but a ton of kinky people are into D&D... πŸ˜‰

maybe kink fans are generally more into fantasy of all kinds but loved fantasy is vast and inevitably it comes out like "a lot of troubled kids play video games but that doesn't mean it's related, it's just that most kids these days play video gamesΒ 

I think it's not necessarily related and it's more a generalization made because of the popularization of fantasyΒ 
and of course there are people who don't like fantasy or whatever but they are kink omorashi/omustu

23 minutes ago, LizJWetting said:

Aren't those just fairly common hobbies though? I'm into some of those things, but have other less stereotypically nerdy hobbies too.

This exactly!Β  Given that list: Sci-fi movies and books, video games, comic books, and other "nerdy" forms of entertainment.Β  A majority of people would find something in that list that they enjoy.Β  This isn't' the 1940's when sci-fi was an extremely niche interest.Β  Comic-con now represents the majority of pop-culture.

You could take almost any group of people today, rather they are fans of omorashi, or doctors, or boy scouts, and make the same exact claim about them.Β  It is almost like saying, "The majority of people who are into omorashi have two arms."Β  While technically true, it doesn't mean anything or give us any greater insight, as such a statement would be true for almost any group.

13 hours ago, justfeelsgood said:

I just read an article about omorashi that said the people who are into it basically are into nerdy forms of entertainment like comic books, video games, sci-fi books and movies, pretty much the kind of stuff you'd find at a comic-con. I'll admit those are the kinds of entertainments I enjoy. But I'm wondering, is that true for the rest of us?

Definitely not true for me. I like SF but the whole comic con/video games/cosplay stuff doesn't interest me at all...

I share some of those nerd practices, but not all of them. I donΒ΄t play videogames for example. I used to like anime years ago, but now I donΒ΄t pay it much attentionΒ  anymore. I do like sci-fi movies and some western comics (but not the superheroes subgenre).Β I used to play RPGs too, but again I lost interest years ago. Also as an illustrator I like more the western style drawing than manga, more the kind of european artists likeΒ Milo Manara and Serpieri. By other side I like outdoor life and sports, which is something not so compatible with the usual stay-at-home nerdy life.Β 

I don't know the exact phrase for it, but aren't they judging based on who talks about omo online? And the people most likely to talk online are younger groups of people who are also into sci-fi "nerdy" things. Like of course if you see an omo Reddit or omo Discord you're going to get those same traits inΒ people, but I guarantee there are older groups who are into omo who don't necessarily post about it online who have completely different tastes.

3 hours ago, knockonthedoor said:

I like NASCAR, Baseball, Football. I also like it when grown women pee their pants. One has nothing to do with the other.

Ngl I kind of hate the current obsession with superheroes though

Same. 100%.

Β 

I play very few videos games. All of them are sports, driving, city planning. I fit into none of the other categories described in the article.Β 

The only "nerdy" things I enjoy are some video games and DnD, but I think those are common interests, so I doubt that claim is very true.

Though, I could see a bit of correlation between liking things that are in other realities or suchΒ and having fetishes because those other realities have different norms or laws of reality or such, which can make for more interesting fetishΒ fantasy scenarios, but that's just speculation and wouldn't solely apply to omo lovers

Edited by ParadoxicEros (see edit history)
22 hours ago, justfeelsgood said:

I think I might be classified as nerdy too, but not at all in the sense that is suggested here. I pretty much hate sci-fi, comic books and super heros.