Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Is it normal for it to be hard to pee in a diaper

Yeah… it’s called “potty training”. There was even a thread the other day referring to the phenomenon of how hard it is to pee in your pants when you’ve been trained not to from an early age!

Once you’re used to it, it just becomes natural. Though you can still get a last minute message from your bladder sometimes, effectively saying “Are you sure you want to do this in your pants?”

I guess it depends on the length of the break. I just wear them from time to time for convenience and/or arousal and normally even after 1 or 2 months I can pee directly after pulling them up.

Starting this is a bit of a struggle but with some "experience" it becomes easier and easier. Just try some different scenarios. I tried to pee while playing something or watching a film. Then I tried to pee while standing in the kitchen while cooking and so on. Now I can just pee everywhere and when I want to.

Maybe for peeing while sitting try to "convince yourself" that there could no pee running down by putting a towel underneath you. I was a bit nervous for the first few times because I didn't know how much a diaper could hold.

Yea its normal. When I started wearing diapers back in the day I really had to push to get something out of me. Right now I can easily open the flood gates and I empty my bladder entirely. I can do this in a diaper and also in my pants if I want to.

I think it also might have to do with the fact I did some extreme holds which weakened my bladder muscles a bit. 
Usually I could hold for many hours, now I have to use the toilet (or diaper) pretty quickly. I also drink more nowadays 

I remember when I tried my first diaper, I couldn't actually pee in it. I think it was at least 2 or 3 times while sitting on the toilet and really concentrating that I could release a few drops into it. Now it flows a lot easier, but if I'm out or around people I still can find it very difficult to release, but once it starts flowing the rest comes more easily. 

Peeing while in bed is still almost impossible to me. 

At first it can definitely be quite hard to say the least, you've essentially been "programmed" not to pee yourself. This "programming" can be quite hard to override initially, but it will get easier with time. I can't exactly remember how I managed to "train" myself to be able to wet myself, as I've started diving into stuff like diapers about 10 years ago.

I noticed you mentioned that you'e mentioned that they leak every time that you do manage to pee. This could either be a sizing issue, wrongly put on diaper (such as the leak barriers not properly being in place, or the tapes not connecting properly) or the content of your bladder is too high for the diaper to handle (in which case I'd recommend investing in better diapers). I'm probably forgetting some things that can cause leaks of course. But it's important that you feel "comfortable" in the diaper and are able to trust in it

Once you get the hang of it, it will get really easy really fast, at this point I can wet myself on command in pretty much any position I'm in (despite having a fairly shy bladder). If you do have more questions, you can feel free to ask, and I hope I (and the other commenters) managed to help you out a bit! 😊

On 12/8/2021 at 12:19 AM, Panda17 said:

Yeah that's part of the problem though is every time I've been able to pee in them they leak everywhere 

15 hours ago, Cat_Lovwet said:

This could either be a sizing issue, wrongly put on diaper (such as the leak barriers not properly being in place, or the tapes not connecting properly) or the content of your bladder is too high for the diaper to handle (in which case I'd recommend investing in better diapers).

Do you pee a full bladder at once? Normally a diaper is made for incontinence, so you will pee in smaller amounts but for a long period. When you put on a new diaper and fully wet yourself even a proper diaper can get to its limit just because it can't absorb that much pee in a short time (shouldn't be the case but peeing full force could bring it to this point).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 9:13 PM, Panda17 said:

Well yeah the ones I have are just some store bought ones cause I live with roommates so I can't order any diapers or they might found out and they are also pull up ones which I feel like would hold less but when I have been able to pee in a diaper it's usually when I have a really really full bladder 

I had the same problem.  If you can get yourself some more absorbent diapers.  As far as un-potty training don’t wait until you are bursting, go sit on the toilet and let go every 30-60 minutes.  Once it becomes easier to let go, stand up in the middle and walk away as you are letting go.  Keep in mind this takes time.  If done correctly you will only do this with diapers and not regular pants though it will be exponentially easier.  I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.  Until then stay warm and wet.

1 hour ago, fhenngreat said:

I had the same problem.  If you can get yourself some more absorbent diapers.  As far as un-potty training don’t wait until you are bursting, go sit on the toilet and let go every 30-60 minutes.  Once it becomes easier to let go, stand up in the middle and walk away as you are letting go.  Keep in mind this takes time.  If done correctly you will only do this with diapers and not regular pants though it will be exponentially easier.  I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.  Until then stay warm and wet.

It does feel good to let loose in a nappy when you are absolutely bursting, though, on occasions…

Guest SoftRainCloud

Oh absolutely. A lot of psychology is working against you at first, if you try to pee or poo in a diaper at first (especially laying down) it will be exceptionally hard because you entire life you have been using the toilet, so when you try to go anywhere else your body will subconsciously resist.  I'd follow the tips others wrote above, and my personal advice that worked for me is to sit the toilet as per normal, but with your diaper on. It made it much easier for me to go for some reason. Good luck! 😄