Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Has Anyone Ever Tried/Been the Victim of the Hand in Warm Water Trick?

21 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

Arithmetic? You know that means math, right? Also, I am assuming you're making these stories up because it gets you off, but please stop. Nobody wants to hear your bizarre fanfics outside of the fiction section. Stop telling lies and making up stories that never happened.

Mental arithmetic. Because this like one of those fun logic games I played back in high school.

I don't know what you mean by "gets you off", but the only story I've made up was posted in the Fiction section. Also the only fanfic I've written. Would love to write more, but it's so hard writing more than one or two sentences.

I suppose this is the point where I'm supposed to either withdraw from the situation or explain that I have Asperger's Syndrome and require assistance navigating this abnormal social situation. I'd prefer this end amicably, so I don't suppose you'd be able to accept the fact that you're mistaken? Or tips on making someone who's wrong realize they're wrong?

I never tried the hand-in-water trick. Given so, I can't be sure if it works or not, but can’t find any reasonable physiologic explanation for it to work.

However, the hand-in-crotch-area trick might work. Context: urinary retention is a common problem after surgery at any age; also, for some patients who need absolute bedrest for any medical condition, peeing while lying down is extremely difficult. These problems are more common on male patients, given our anatomy, but can also happen on females. Quite often, the only way to resolve this issue is bladder catheterization. One trick nurses use to reduce the need for bladder catheterization is placing hot pack and lukewarm-water-soaked gauze on the suprapubic region; for some patients that’s enough to help them void, even while lying down.

The heat feeling in the crotch or suprapubic region activates micturition trough a skin reflex that’s generally tonically inhibited by our central nervous system, but such inhibition is weaker during sleep and in patients with spinal cord lesions. Actually, there are many studies in these area to try to find consistent ways of using these reflexes to induce voiding in patients with neurogenic bladder due to spinal cord lesions or other neurological diseases. In some specialized centers, surgeons reenervate the bladder with nerves from other muscules and then patients are taught how to think about contracting that muscle to void, pretty aswome stuff. But for most patients that is not an option, most need to intermittent bladder catherization every day; other's use similar techniques to induce voiding, mostly that I know with tactile stimulation, I don’t actually remember anyone telling me they used heat.  

In short, I don’t understand the hand-in-water trick and I’m not sure it works, but warm water in the crotch area may induce voiding, at least there is a physiological reason for it 😛

If you want to red on the subject,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4348728/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8506593/

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0135185

Edited by Jota
Adding interesting info :) (see edit history)
1 minute ago, WetterMesser said:

From the people who say it works, it seems to be because of both immersion diuresis (the urge you get to pee when you submerge yourself in a body of water) and our association of water/wetness with peeing. For the same reason we have to pee when we hear a running faucet, we associate the stimuli with peeing.

Well, you've got to wonder if it's more biologically or psychologically ingrained to feel the urge when we see/hear/touch water.

I wonder if it's purely an association thing that we've been taught or if it's something that humans have always experienced throughout history. Personally, I think it's more the latter, something innate.

My personal theory is that it might've served a purpose at one point for our bodies to prompt us to pee when we're around water for a couple of reasons. I think because running water in nature is more likely to be drinkable, we would want to/be able to drink more of it if we peed first. So, I guess maybe it serves as a reminder of sorts. Also, I imagine that the immersion thing is partly to do with body temperature, as the same urge happens when exposed to cold air (Don't know the actual science, but something to do with the energy used by the bladder.) And it would probably be more hygenic to urinate near/in water than to do so elsewhere.

That said, I suppose it's all a part of human nature, ingrained into us on an instinctual, physiological level. Why else would it happen even while we're asleep? 

9 minutes ago, silvermoon said:

Mental arithmetic. Because this like one of those fun logic games I played back in high school.

I don't know what you mean by "gets you off", but the only story I've made up was posted in the Fiction section. Also the only fanfic I've written. Would love to write more, but it's so hard writing more than one or two sentences.

I suppose this is the point where I'm supposed to either withdraw from the situation or explain that I have Asperger's Syndrome and require assistance navigating this abnormal social situation. I'd prefer this end amicably, so I don't suppose you'd be able to accept the fact that you're mistaken? Or tips on making someone who's wrong realize they're wrong?

Literally nobody believes you. Other people in this thread think you're full of shit as well.

5 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

Literally nobody believes you. Other people in this thread think you're full of shit as well.

Weird. And rude. I've always done my best to tell the truth. The biggest lie I've ever told was that Santa Claus is real. I suppose this means I'm not bad at correcting someone who is wrong, but I'm so bad at telling the truth that people mistake it for a lie. That is unfortunate, I'll need to work better on emphasizing that I'm being honest.

Also, those people would be wrong. I actually just went to the bathroom, so my bowels are empty.

4 minutes ago, silvermoon said:

Weird. And rude. I've always done my best to tell the truth. The biggest lie I've ever told was that Santa Claus is real. I suppose this means I'm not bad at correcting someone who is wrong, but I'm so bad at telling the truth that people mistake it for a lie. That is unfortunate, I'll need to work better on emphasizing that I'm being honest.

Also, those people would be wrong. I actually just went to the bathroom, so my bowels are empty.

You haven't proven anything. The only one of your claims supposedly backed up by video evidence is "unshareable". You only deny my obviously correct accusation with no real counterargument other than "I'm telling the truth!"

30 minutes ago, AlwaysOmo said:

Well, you've got to wonder if it's more biologically or psychologically ingrained to feel the urge when we see/hear/touch water.

I wonder if it's purely an association thing that we've been taught or if it's something that humans have always experienced throughout history. Personally, I think it's more the latter, something innate.

My personal theory is that it might've served a purpose at one point for our bodies to prompt us to pee when we're around water for a couple of reasons. I think because running water in nature is more likely to be drinkable, we would want to/be able to drink more of it if we peed first. So, I guess maybe it serves as a reminder of sorts. Also, I imagine that the immersion thing is partly to do with body temperature, as the same urge happens when exposed to cold air (Don't know the actual science, but something to do with the energy used by the bladder.) And it would probably be more hygenic to urinate near/in water than to do so elsewhere.

That said, I suppose it's all a part of human nature, ingrained into us on an instinctual, physiological level. Why else would it happen even while we're asleep? 

As another interesting note, humans are one of the only animals that wet the bed.

7 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

You haven't proven anything. The only one of your claims supposedly backed up by video evidence is "unshareable". You only deny my obviously correct accusation with no real counterargument other than "I'm telling the truth!"

Well, yes. It would be immoral and illegal to share the video without the express written consent of all participants.

I don't know how to provide proof since memories can't be uploaded from the brain to the Internet, but the memory you think is a story can't be a story because it's too short, lacks details, took about five minutes to transcribe from replaying the memory in my head when writing a story takes no less than one hour, and it didn't go through perhaps the most important part of writing a story, proofreading. It'd be the worst story I've ever written if that were the case.

2 minutes ago, silvermoon said:

Well, yes. It would be immoral and illegal to share the video without the express written consent of all participants.

I don't know how to provide proof since memories can't be uploaded from the brain to the Internet, but the memory you think is a story can't be a story because it's too short, lacks details, took about five minutes to transcribe from replaying the memory in my head when writing a story takes no less than one hour, and it didn't go through perhaps the most important part of writing a story, proofreading. It'd be the worst story I've ever written if that were the case.

You make literally 0 sense. Stories can be any length, can take any amount of time to write, can lack details, and don't require proofreading. You seem to have a fucked perception of the world, simple word definitions, and how basic things work. I'm done discussing this with you. I'm obviously getting nowhere because you're a pathological liar. Get help.

Guest DarthBane93
1 hour ago, silvermoon said:

As someone with Aspergers too I understand you so so so much. *big hug*

2 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

You make literally 0 sense. Stories can be any length, can take any amount of time to write, can lack details, and don't require proofreading. You seem to have a fucked perception of the world, simple word definitions, and how basic things work. I'm done discussing this with you. I'm obviously getting nowhere because you're a pathological liar. Get help.

That's not how I was taught to write stories in school. There are steps that have to be done in a specific order. I was hoping you were simply mistaken, but it seems clear now that your intent was malicious all along. I shall cease as well. I am not a pathological liar, I am autistic. And I am seeing a psychiatrist for it.

16 minutes ago, silvermoon said:

That's not how I was taught to write stories in school. There are steps that have to be done in a specific order. I was hoping you were simply mistaken, but it seems clear now that your intent was malicious all along. I shall cease as well. I am not a pathological liar, I am autistic. And I am seeing a psychiatrist for it.

You are a pathological liar. Here are 2 more posts made by you where you claim to have video evidence that you conveniently cannot share:

"Came across a video from my grandparents' wedding anniversary two years ago. There were several cameras around the rented hall so various clips could be pieced together later, and this one wound up on the cutting room floor.  My cousin and I were standing over some vents eating popcorn and talking when the heater kicked on. My pink dress went up showing my frilly cyan panties, and her navy blue dress went up showing her gray with pink star print panties. I kept eating my popcorn, while she dropped hers and pushed down both our dresses."

"This is partially remembered, partially recalled from a home video tape, but when I was six that when the babysitter showed up she was already looking tired. She was wearing a navy blue hoodie and pink cotton skirt, and she brought a lot of homework with her. She was in high school or college. She was drinking a lot of apple juice and she put on relaxing music when it was time for my nap. While I was laying on the mat, I watched as she sat in front of the kiddie table doing her homework. At one point she opened her legs and I was trying to fall asleep I wound up staring at her frilly blue panties. Or maybe they were green. I noticed she had started to squirm, and would briefly press her hand under her skirt. As I watched, the squirming started to slow down, she was starting to lean forward as though falling asleep, before shaking herself awake. aBut as I was starting to finally drift off, she stopped squirming, she dropped her pencil, and fell all the way forward, laying her head down on her books.I thought I saw a smile appear on her face as a dark spot grew on her panties."

If you can provide any proof (even just a screenshot of a single frame in the video with the faces blurred out) of any of the 3 stories on film you supposedly have, I will retract my statement and apologize.

Edited by WetterMesser (see edit history)
3 hours ago, WetterMesser said:

You are a pathological liar. Here are 2 more posts made by you where you claim to have video evidence that you conveniently cannot share:

"Came across a video from my grandparents' wedding anniversary two years ago. There were several cameras around the rented hall so various clips could be pieced together later, and this one wound up on the cutting room floor.  My cousin and I were standing over some vents eating popcorn and talking when the heater kicked on. My pink dress went up showing my frilly cyan panties, and her navy blue dress went up showing her gray with pink star print panties. I kept eating my popcorn, while she dropped hers and pushed down both our dresses."

"This is partially remembered, partially recalled from a home video tape, but when I was six that when the babysitter showed up she was already looking tired. She was wearing a navy blue hoodie and pink cotton skirt, and she brought a lot of homework with her. She was in high school or college. She was drinking a lot of apple juice and she put on relaxing music when it was time for my nap. While I was laying on the mat, I watched as she sat in front of the kiddie table doing her homework. At one point she opened her legs and I was trying to fall asleep I wound up staring at her frilly blue panties. Or maybe they were green. I noticed she had started to squirm, and would briefly press her hand under her skirt. As I watched, the squirming started to slow down, she was starting to lean forward as though falling asleep, before shaking herself awake. aBut as I was starting to finally drift off, she stopped squirming, she dropped her pencil, and fell all the way forward, laying her head down on her books.I thought I saw a smile appear on her face as a dark spot grew on her panties."

If you can provide any proof (even just a screenshot of a single frame in the video with the faces blurred out) of any of the 3 stories on film you supposedly have, I will retract my statement and apologize.

Let's all calm down. At this point I don't think it even matters if the story was made up or not, this is getting out of hand. Let's not call anyone pathogenic liars, and let's not claim stories are true if we have no evidence to back them up. OK?

So...
Have no way to know if what anyone says on here is true, but I do have a cousin who's son has high functioning Autism and the way silvermoon writes, especially when trying to defend herself, is pretty similar.

@silvermoon my cousin's son also does have partial face blindness so very hard for him to recognize people.  He even did not recognize his mom once when she was picking him up from school, which was kinda funny.  Although, not to her at the time.  If you have face blindness, it would be logical to try to remember clothing.

While I don't really doubt silvermoon, not really sure why it is so important to WetterMesser if she is telling the truth.

Oh, and what do you mean Santa is not real?  

11 hours ago, Ood said:

So...
Have no way to know if what anyone says on here is true, but I do have a cousin who's son has high functioning Autism and the way silvermoon writes, especially when trying to defend herself, is pretty similar.

@silvermoon my cousin's son also does have partial face blindness so very hard for him to recognize people.  He even did not recognize his mom once when she was picking him up from school, which was kinda funny.  Although, not to her at the time.  If you have face blindness, it would be logical to try to remember clothing.

While I don't really doubt silvermoon, not really sure why it is so important to WetterMesser if she is telling the truth.

Oh, and what do you mean Santa is not real?  

It's because she does this on like every post and I'm sick of it. The stories are obviously made up and she insists that they're real.

I have a strange family background in the sense that my parents were "almost" open about the fact that they were into this fetish, as both my sister and I knew.

One night my father got really drunk on his birthday and told a few stories about his boyhood on a Swedish farm in Minnesota. He said that a lot of the boys actually tried putting the hands of girls in warm water when they were dozing or napping. This would have been in the early 1930s when he was a teenager (he was already past 40 when I was born). He said it worked on some girls and not on others. My sister and I kept expecting my mother to scold him and call him a nasty drunken fool, but instead she just giggled, which was one of the first clues we had that our parents were into this fetish.

He didn't say how many girls fell victim to the warm water pranks of those farm boys, but he spoke of a teenaged girl named Mary Lindstrom who commonly got sleepy and nodded off in the upstairs bedroom during birthday gatherings, 4th of July parties, etc., and the boys would sometimes put her hand in warm water, and she was notorious for wetting herself. Then he poured another glass of whiskey and said he figured maybe she liked it, since she married one of the boys who was one of the biggest of the pranksters.

23 hours ago, silvermoon said:

I wish I was lying. That would mean I finally solved my writer's block. I could take your advice, but I don't know how well that will work when my memories are of the modern day and I'm trying to write a story for a fantasy RPG. 

I'm not very familiar with the Fiction section. Never found much that was easy to empathisize with. I could try rewriting a few memories of mine as fictional tales if you think it's something I could pull off. 

As a fellow autistic, I also get where both you and @DarthBane93 are coming from. "Mental arithmetic," as you put it, is what I do with every single thing I say to anyone and it gets exhausting! Especially when despite all of it, things go wrong anyway. I want to say I'm glad you're seeing a psych; a lot of us either don't have access to help, or figure we have to be 'tough' enough to not need it. 

You are, of course, under no obligation to prove what you say to anyone. I hope you continue to feel free to post here the way you've been doing despite not everyone being as friendly as others. 

Sorry about your writers' block. I'd love to read that story! Where is the one you have posted already?

Also, with writer's block, staying in practice is good. It's too easy to end up not writing anything for ages. You suggested writing fictionalized versions of your experiences... that might actually be a way to stay in practice and overcome that block. 

(I am an aspiring writer myself, but my brain won't focus to do it often enough for me to get much done. Right now, I'm doing short My Little Pony fanfics to get back in practice - sorry, none that would be fit for this site, as ponies don't wear clothes and spend most of their time outdoors, which leaves few opportunities for accidents.)

Another fun topic to discuss lost to our inability to tolerate each other... It's becoming a common issue around here... Solve your problems in private if you need it so badly, but keep the forum open for others to debate, discuss and talk in general. Even if it is your own topic.

Unless someone is clearly rude, approaches sensitive topics with disrespect or starts a discussion on subjects that cross all borders of what is ethically acceptable, don’t destroy topics and conversations… and even so, if someone like goes over the line, the moderators are around. They proved that already on innumerous topics closed due to their content.

Peace ❤️

Edited by Jota (see edit history)