Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Has Anyone Ever Tried/Been the Victim of the Hand in Warm Water Trick?

Hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone here has ever been the victim of the hand in warm water trick or tried it on someone else. All internet literature on the subject says that results are inconclusive. It works on some people and doesn't on others. In my experience, I have never tried it on others, but I was the victim of it when I was at a sleepover when I was 10 and it worked, but I was also a semi-frequent bedwetter (like once every other week) until I was 17, so I can't know for sure if the water directly caused it or if it just encouraged my body to do something it already did on occasion. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has any experiences with it! Did it work in your experience? Share your stories!

I was at a sleepover back in 10th grade (15 years old), and had unintentionally fell asleep pretty early on while watching some friends play a video game.

Luckily, I wasn't asleep for too long because I got woken up because I had started to pee, and when I became a bit more conscious, I realized I had most likely been gotten by the warm-water-hand-thing. My friends knew I was "toilet indifferent" as they call it, so they had taken advantage of that fact as an excuse to do the prank on me because they knew I wouldn't have minded.

The thing is I was at the time, and still am, the victim of a stupid weak bladder, so I can't confidently say that it was the warm water that did it, though I am inclined to believe it was because I hadn't been asleep for even half an hour before I got woken up again.

4 hours ago, ParadoxicEros said:

I was at a sleepover back in 10th grade (15 years old), and had unintentionally fell asleep pretty early on while watching some friends play a video game.

Luckily, I wasn't asleep for too long because I got woken up because I had started to pee, and when I became a bit more conscious, I realized I had most likely been gotten by the warm-water-hand-thing. My friends knew I was "toilet indifferent" as they call it, so they had taken advantage of that fact as an excuse to do the prank on me because they knew I wouldn't have minded.

The thing is I was at the time, and still am, the victim of a stupid weak bladder, so I can't confidently say that it was the warm water that did it, though I am inclined to believe it was because I hadn't been asleep for even half an hour before I got woken up again.

Interesting... have you wet the bed on your own before without the warm water? Does it happen often?

Also, what do you mean by "toilet indifferent"? Did you used to just wet/mess yourself in front of your friends?

It's been done to me multiple times, and it's worked multiple times, both before and after I started having bladder control issues.

I also remember a time my brother and I had a sleepover when I was ten at the neighbor's house. I remember I was wearing a light blue nightgown and white panties with pink hearts, the older sister who was the same age as me was wearing a red nightgown with gray panties, the younger sister a year younger than me was wearing a large white T-shirt and navy blue panties with white polka dots, and my brother changed into his Star Wars pajamas in the bathroom rather than the bedroom. We were watching Disney Channel trying to pull an all-nighter. The older sister fell asleep first, then the younger sister. About ten minutes after that my brother put the older sister's hand in a bowl of warm water. An hour later, she started to stir. He went over and started whispering something in her ear, maybe a lullaby, but she let out a sigh and seemed to go back to sleep. My brother carefully lifted up her nightgown, and we were both able to watch her wet herself. I fell asleep at some point after that, and when I woke up, both me and my brother both had our hands in bowls of warm water, though only me and the older sister wet ourselves. The little sister got blamed, and I'm not sure how much was a dream. 

59 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

Interesting... have you wet the bed on your own before without the warm water? Does it happen often?

It happens decently often. It's more common for me now, but it did happen on occasion back then.

59 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

Also, what do you mean by "toilet indifferent"? Did you used to just wet/mess yourself in front of your friends?

Pretty much. I'm not shy to pissing in front of friends ever since I discovered the fetish. I've never directly said that i'm into it, I just say that I can't be bothered to spend time going to the bathroom and that seems to satisfy any questions as to why I do it.

5 hours ago, ParadoxicEros said:

It happens decently often. It's more common for me now, but it did happen on occasion back then.

Pretty much. I'm not shy to pissing in front of friends ever since I discovered the fetish. I've never directly said that i'm into it, I just say that I can't be bothered to spend time going to the bathroom and that seems to satisfy any questions as to why I do it.

So do you like go on the ground or in your pants?

7 hours ago, silvermoon said:

It's been done to me multiple times, and it's worked multiple times, both before and after I started having bladder control issues.

I also remember a time my brother and I had a sleepover when I was ten at the neighbor's house. I remember I was wearing a light blue nightgown and white panties with pink hearts, the older sister who was the same age as me was wearing a red nightgown with gray panties, the younger sister a year younger than me was wearing a large white T-shirt and navy blue panties with white polka dots, and my brother changed into his Star Wars pajamas in the bathroom rather than the bedroom. We were watching Disney Channel trying to pull an all-nighter. The older sister fell asleep first, then the younger sister. About ten minutes after that my brother put the older sister's hand in a bowl of warm water. An hour later, she started to stir. He went over and started whispering something in her ear, maybe a lullaby, but she let out a sigh and seemed to go back to sleep. My brother carefully lifted up her nightgown, and we were both able to watch her wet herself. I fell asleep at some point after that, and when I woke up, both me and my brother both had our hands in bowls of warm water, though only me and the older sister wet ourselves. The little sister got blamed, and I'm not sure how much was a dream. 

Alright, I have seen your comments on lots of other posts on this site and I have to kindly ask that you stop completely fabricating stories on other peoples' posts. This isn't the first time that you wrote a story that played out like a cartoon and had a convenient ending. Additionally, you seem to have better recall than Rain Man when describing the clothing of every "character" in your clearly fabricated stories. What kind of person knows the color and patterns of the underwear of every person at a sleepover they had when they were 10? Furthermore, I have asked you for proof of your claims in the past, and supposedly you couldn't share all the "video evidence" you claimed to have. I don't mean to be hostile on here, since we are all a community and I don't mean to cause trouble, but please stop completely fabricating stories. That is for the fiction section.

I wish someone would try to prank me like that. If it works, you get a good laugh. If it doesn’t work, I have a good excuse to piss all over myself and the bed and pretend like it worked lol 

2 minutes ago, DesertTortoise said:

I wish someone would try to prank me like that. If it works, you get a good laugh. If it doesn’t work, I have a good excuse to piss all over myself and the bed and pretend like it worked lol 

Exactly haha. I wish my friends did it more than just once! Excuses for me to piss the bed and get away with it!

4 hours ago, WetterMesser said:

That is for the fiction section.

Quite. It actually makes for quite good fiction sometimes too, but that's all it is. And at other times it's just a blatant attempt to circumvent the rules which mean a fiction story about a 10yr old couldn't be shared here, but a memory of a "real" experience can. 

Oh, I almost forgot to share the story of the time when I was 18 and my 19 year old babysitter played this prank on me, dressed only in a leather Basque and then after I wet the bed she dragged me to her bedroom, etc. etc. 🤦‍♂️ 

I read an interview a while back with a guy who claimed to have made it up.

He was a writer for one of those books that were popular in the early 20th century, like "boys book of fun" or something (I can't remember now). Tips for a sleepover, party games, craft stuff, just a book of stuff for kids to do when they're bored. Some pretty lame pranks, and some stuff that's completely made up. The aim is to keep kids out of trouble and give their parents free time, and including "pranks" that don't work is a good way to do that. Because once you made a craft thing, you've done it. But if something like that doesn't work, they'll want to keep on trying it.

But then, maybe it'll work for some people. Maybe if you're half asleep and you know the trick, the placebo effect is strong enough to make it happen. Many people are more suggestible as they wake up, as the neurological processes separating dreams from memories are a little fuzzy. I can imagine ways it could happen if you're expecting it; but I don't think it's a real phenomenon.

7 hours ago, WetterMesser said:

Alright, I have seen your comments on lots of other posts on this site and I have to kindly ask that you stop completely fabricating stories on other peoples' posts. This isn't the first time that you wrote a story that played out like a cartoon and had a convenient ending. Additionally, you seem to have better recall than Rain Man when describing the clothing of every "character" in your clearly fabricated stories. What kind of person knows the color and patterns of the underwear of every person at a sleepover they had when they were 10? Furthermore, I have asked you for proof of your claims in the past, and supposedly you couldn't share all the "video evidence" you claimed to have. I don't mean to be hostile on here, since we are all a community and I don't mean to cause trouble, but please stop completely fabricating stories. That is for the fiction section.

I don't know what Rain Man is, but the three moments I do remember clearly were changing into our pajamas, the older sister wetting herself, and waking up with my own hand in a bowl of warm water and wet; though I don't remember anyone's faces but my own. The rest of the memory isn't as clear as those three moments, but I do remember it happening. Wouldn't be the most useless thing I remembered, that would be the apple core of the first apple I ever finished when I was three. I can also tell you what they were wearing before they changed. Does bug me that I can't remember their faces, but I've never been able to retain that information for longer than 30 seconds.

Also, that was a single video file that I had permission to access but didn't own, nor had permission to share. 

4 hours ago, silvermoon said:

I don't know what Rain Man is, but the three moments I do remember clearly were changing into our pajamas, the older sister wetting herself, and waking up with my own hand in a bowl of warm water and wet; though I don't remember anyone's faces but my own. The rest of the memory isn't as clear as those three moments, but I do remember it happening. Wouldn't be the most useless thing I remembered, that would be the apple core of the first apple I ever finished when I was three. I can also tell you what they were wearing before they changed. Does bug me that I can't remember their faces, but I've never been able to retain that information for longer than 30 seconds.

Also, that was a single video file that I had permission to access but didn't own, nor had permission to share. 

I can tell by the way your stories are written that they're made up. They read like half the posts on this site's fiction section. Stop lying.

33 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

I can tell by the way your stories are written that they're made up. They read like half the posts on this site's fiction section. Stop lying.

I wish I was lying. That would mean I finally solved my writer's block. I could take your advice, but I don't know how well that will work when my memories are of the modern day and I'm trying to write a story for a fantasy RPG. 

I'm not very familiar with the Fiction section. Never found much that was easy to empathisize with. I could try rewriting a few memories of mine as fictional tales if you think it's something I could pull off. 

47 minutes ago, silvermoon said:

I wish I was lying. That would mean I finally solved my writer's block. I could take your advice, but I don't know how well that will work when my memories are of the modern day and I'm trying to write a story for a fantasy RPG. 

I'm not very familiar with the Fiction section. Never found much that was easy to empathisize with. I could try rewriting a few memories of mine as fictional tales if you think it's something I could pull off. 

Your memories are not real. They are clearly fictions you have made up and presented as real. I call bullshit on you being able to remember the underwear color and pattern of every person at a sleepover (besides the fact that you normally wouldn't be able to know that) but can't remember their faces.

10 minutes ago, WetterMesser said:

Your memories are not real. They are clearly fictions you have made up and presented as real. I call bullshit on you being able to remember the underwear color and pattern of every person at a sleepover (besides the fact that you normally wouldn't be able to know that) but can't remember their faces.

Oooh, that is a good idea for a story. One about a hero having an existential crisis. Are their visions of disaster real? Are they simply mad? Is some god cursing them?

Your philosophical debate aside, I  only know that because we all changed in the same bedroom, and I've never been able to remember people's faces. I don't know why, but it does make it slightly difficult to help customers at work when you have to remember them by outfit because you've forgotten what their face looks like.

I don't know why you think it's not realistic. I often catalog the clothing worn by those around me at social gatherings to ease in identifying them.

I've never been falsely accused of lying before, and it was never brought up in any of the sessions with my psychiatrist. I'm just typing whatever relevant thoughts pop into my head, so I hope I'm properly proving your arithmetic wrong. 

1 minute ago, silvermoon said:

Oooh, that is a good idea for a story. One about a hero having an existential crisis. Are their visions of disaster real? Are they simply mad? Is some god cursing them?

Your philosophical debate aside, I  only know that because we all changed in the same bedroom, and I've never been able to remember people's faces. I don't know why, but it does make it slightly difficult to help customers at work when you have to remember them by outfit because you've forgotten what their face looks like.

I don't know why you think it's not realistic. I often catalog the clothing worn by those around me at social gatherings to ease in identifying them.

I've never been falsely accused of lying before, and it was never brought up in any of the sessions with my psychiatrist. I'm just typing whatever relevant thoughts pop into my head, so I hope I'm properly proving your arithmetic wrong. 

Arithmetic? You know that means math, right? Also, I am assuming you're making these stories up because it gets you off, but please stop. Nobody wants to hear your bizarre fanfics outside of the fiction section. Stop telling lies and making up stories that never happened.

I've seen this on TV but never in person, nor has it ever been done to me, but I've always been curious about it. Not only *if* it works, but why it happens if it does.

What triggers this reflex? Are we just hardwired to feel the urge to pee when exposed to / immersed in water? Does it signal something to the sleeping person's brain to make them involuntarily release? Does it only work if the bladder's already full to begin with or will the person just let go even if they aren't holding a lot?

I'd love to hear the science behind this, though I doubt it's been heavily researched, if at all. I imagine it's more of an urban legend than a proven fact, though...I'd like to believe it's true! 

1 minute ago, AlwaysOmo said:

I've seen this on TV but never in person, nor has it ever been done to me, but I've always been curious about it. Not only *if* it works, but why it happens if it does.

What triggers this reflex? Are we just hardwired to feel the urge to pee when exposed to / immersed in water? Does it signal something to the sleeping person's brain to make them involuntarily release? Does it only work if the bladder's already full to begin with or will the person just let go even if they aren't holding a lot?

I'd love to hear the science behind this, though I doubt it's been heavily researched, if at all. I imagine it's more of an urban legend than a proven fact, though...I'd like to believe it's true! 

From the people who say it works, it seems to be because of both immersion diuresis (the urge you get to pee when you submerge yourself in a body of water) and our association of water/wetness with peeing. For the same reason we have to pee when we hear a running faucet, we associate the stimuli with peeing.