Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Display toilets in store showrooms

Today I was at a furniture store, and it got me thinking. I noticed that the display toilets were bolted shut, presumably to prevent people from using them. But it made think about a scenario (if they weren't bolted shut), about a desperate person getting lost in the store, unable to find the restrooms, and having no choice but to use a display toilet in one of the showrooms. Obviously, this would be fictional, and I don't recommend anyone actually do this in a store, but it's definitely an intriguing thing to imagine and I may just use it as a story idea. Clearly, if the store is taking steps to prevent this from happening, then somebody has had to have done it at some point.

What do you guys think of this idea? Has this ever crossed your mind? Have you ever attempted to use a showroom toilet or heard of anyone who has? Would you want to read a story about this? Tell me your thoughts below.