Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Reactions restriction

• 8 months later...

I guess they need to restrict them for new members, to avoid reaction-flooding from potential sock-puppet accounts. But not sure of the reason for having it on long-standing users.

I haven’t had the issue since the original post but think I might have moved up a rank since then, or maybe some teething problems with the new ranking system were ironed out.

• 4 weeks later...

Omo Pro (+250 reputation level)

At the 250 mark, you'll graduate to the Omo Pro group.

At this level, you'll unlock access to the album and multi-file downloader functionalities. As a more trusted member of our community, you'll also unlock the ability to give negative reputation to posts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vS5dkYOeECwpkYcUCepcltWhgwt4GbeKB5yQhzoKkQhN4pD2lFzCGRAJiVdiyx3YU_aIm2bMUmE88ri/pubhtml

DAILY REACTION LIMIT

Lurker 3/day

Newbie (7 approved posts) 6/day

Ammonia Apprentice (+35 reputation) 12/day

Puddle Private (+100 reputation) 18/day

Omo Pro (+250 reputation) 24/day

Super Soaker (+500 reputation) ∞

Leaky Legend (+1,000 reputation) ∞

OmoOrg VIP ∞

Gold Member 24/day

6 hours ago, DerivativeWings said:

While I cannot claim to understand much about the current rank system, this information is at least partially outdated as it details the previous rank system.

Oh, you're right. I found this which should be more up to date but it doesn't list the reactions restrictions. 

876AA58C-D36A-4C91-9FAD-98A841410E9A.png

(It's not in the screenshot but from what I've been told the Flooded rank is 5000+ points.)

You're right that this information does need to be updated, I'll have this taken care of as soon as I can.

I'll also review our current restrictions for reputation and see about adjusting them.

As another user noted, the reason for these restrictions is primarily to prevent people from creating "sock puppet" accounts to spam reputation to their main accounts on.