Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale Questions about male pee habits

As I tend to lean toward male content and am not male myself, I had a few questions for those who are. Don't worry, this won't be another run-of-the-mill thread about anatomical differences, this is more in relation to the peeing habits of the guys out there.

Here are a few things I was curious about, just a short little questionaire to get a feel for what the norm is. 

In your typical day-to-day experience:

1a.) What position do you usually pee in? Always standing, or are there ever occasions when you sit?

1b.) Do you take on any particular stance while peeing? Are there any certain mannerisms you find yourself doing?

I ask this because there are a few things I've seen regularly on TV and in movies that I wasn't sure if anyone actually did. Namely, the "hand against the wall" thing and also how some guys are shown to stand up on their tiptoes or bounce in place as they pee. Are these things actually common or just a cliche?

2.) Do you aim with one hand? Both of them? None? (If none, I bet that requires talent!) 

3a.) Where do you direct your stream if using a toilet? Directly into the water or slightly off to the side?

3b.) What about for urinals? Do you aim toward the drain or elsewhere? (I would assume the former, but I honestly have no idea. I just know that "splash back" is a thing that can happen.)

3c.) Do you always lift the seat all the way up?

I think that about does it for my questions for now. I know this might be a little more on the mundane side, but I'd really like to hear your answers nonetheless, as it pertains to something outside my realm of experience. Hopefully some of you guys can enlighten me.

These are actually some pretty great questions! Let me break it down for you, but remember that every guy is unique and has their own habits.

Question 1: I always pee standing up, no exceptions.

Question 1 A: There's a few poses I like to take, and they depend on location. At home? You've got the wide 'Superhero' position, legs a good shoulder length apart. Sometimes, if I'm really tired or drunk, I'll lean forward or wherever the closest wall is and brace for a piss. In public, say at a urinal, you usually take up a closed leg stance and try to stand totally normally. As for bobbing up and down, I've never done it as it tends to mess with the stream and make it inaccurate. And TV tends to have it's own version of how people pee for comedic effect, so mostly cliché

Question 2: One hand, my left, the right goes to keeping my waistband down, otherwise it will push upward and runs the possibility of pressing your balls or the underside of your dick uncomfortably. Sometimes no hands, but as mentioned before, it can sometimes be uncomfortable.

Question 3: If I'm alone at home, I pee directly into the middle of the toilet, if someone else is home, the side. At a urinal, I aim for the center because the mesh grate and the urinal cake usually work to stop splatter, but if it's got no grate or cake, the side, it virtually eliminates splash and splatter.

As for the seat, I usually just leave the down and lift it if I have to pee because 1) My toilet seat doesn't like to stay up, it will fall, and 2) Late at night if it's dark and I have to take a seat, I don't want a wet butt.

Hope these answers helped! These kinds of questions are always fun!

1a.) What position do you usually pee in? Always standing, or are there ever occasions when you sit?

Almost always standing unless I'm really tired.

1b.) Do you take on any particular stance while peeing? Are there any certain mannerisms you find yourself doing?

Nothing out of the ordinary, I don't think.  I've done the "hand against the wall" thing -- again when tired, but now I'll just sit if I'm that out of it.

I don't know about bouncing but that sounds like a good way to get pee everywhere.😅

2.) Do you aim with one hand? Both of them? None? (If none, I bet that requires talent!) 

Just one hand if I actually have to aim.  It's actually quite easy to pee accurately without having to direct your stream.

3a.) Where do you direct your stream if using a toilet? Directly into the water or slightly off to the side?

Directly into the water, usually.  Off to the side is notably quieter...but there's also more splashback on that.

3b.) What about for urinals? Do you aim toward the drain or elsewhere? (I would assume the former, but I honestly have no idea. I just know that "splash back" is a thing that can happen.)

I'll aim wherever it's the least splashy!

All the toilets I'm familiar with will close on their own unless the seat is all the way up.  If it's about seat down vs. seat up...I always put the seat up to pee, and after I'm done I keep both the seat and the lid down.

Edited by ThreadbareOmo (see edit history)

Hi,

warning very untypical answer coming ... 

1) no typical position , usualy standing up and walking, sometimes sit and at least once a day lying... Oh I am an AB and being diapered almost 24/7  , so the answer is not what you expect isn't it ? 

1 bis) when  I have to pretend to be a grown up (or potty training game) I always sit on the stool . I  use urinal only when no other possibilities. (too long queue and do not want to wet the pants) 

1b) I never noticed 

2) the very few cases I have to pee standing in a urinal (or watering plants in the wild but then , why ? if alone better wet the pants) I aim with my right hand (I am left handed) 

3a) I do not do that, on toilet I always sit 

3b) aim at the lowest part of the urinal that is parrallel to the wall , do not aim the drain. Last drop go where they can .... 

3c) sit always low, but I am sitting on it. 

Not very typical answer though , but the site is not mainstream either. (and I need a fresh diaper) 

Have a nice day. 

I sit! Well, I do at home, anyway. I reject the macho standing-to-pee hypothesis, and despite being ‘into’ pee, I’m very bad at cleaning it up. So, to save upsetting my wife, and because I can also read a book, I sit when at home.

When out and about, at a urinal, the left hand aims and the right hand makes sure there’s plenty of clearance around the fly area - accidental clothes movement is not desirable at this point.

Directing the stream is a complicated bit of geometry which revolves around the key factor of minimising splashback. At work, for example, if a single drop finds it’s way onto the plastic drain shield, then it will miraculously splatter everything in a 360 degree arc, including the floor, my trousers, and the man standing next to me. That’s not cool. Stepping up to any unfamiliar urinal is a combined exercise in fluid dynamics and risk management which demands the utmost in concentration. So, if you ever wonder why men don’t talk to each other at the urinals, it’s not because of a testosterone-driven latent fear of sexuality. It’s because they’re trying to do complex Fourier transforms in their head.

I'll assume you mean regular peeing into the toilet and not wetting.

1a.) Standing.

1b.) I don't.

2.) One hand. Usually my right hand.

3a.) Usually towards the back of it, I guess a habit I got into when I lived with other people and didn't want to be really loud. Though when no one's around I might be more inclined to direct my stream into the center of the water.

3b.) I haven't used a urinal in many years.

3c.) Yes.

3 hours ago, AlwaysOmo said:

I ask this because there are a few things I've seen regularly on TV and in movies that I wasn't sure if anyone actually did. Namely, the "hand against the wall" thing and also how some guys are shown to stand up on their tiptoes or bounce in place as they pee. Are these things actually common or just a cliche?

I

1a. Standing, almost always apart from when I'm in bed. I like peeing sitting down, but I've got to put down so much protection for the chair and floor that I'd rather not. The protection then has to be washed.

1b. Legs together, always. I rub them together to get a good spread of pee. I envy the spread that women get routinely. I've got to spray straight on to my bare legs to get anything like it. Rubbing my legs together gives a reasonable approximation of the female spread. My hand goes against the wall or I hold on to the shower door frame to keep my balance while I'm moving around. I've never felt any need to stand on tiptoe or bounce anywhere.

2. If I'm spraying my legs, I aim with one hand and guide the flow with the other by peeing into my cupped palm. If I'm wetting my pants, which is more common, I just let go and, as mentioned, rub my legs together as the pee flows down them.

3a If using a toilet, I aim at the side of the pan. There's no point in making a big splash for no purpose. If there's a purpose, I'm not using a toilet.

3b. In a urinal, I aim straight ahead. Aiming down is too splashy.

3c. Yes, the seat always goes right up.

Standing. Except when I'm doing No.2 too.

No. Just standing in front of the urinal.

Both hands

Directly to the water

Directly to the drain.

Yes.

When using the toilet, always standing unless I also need to poop.

In a nappy, I still most commonly go standing up as less chance of leaking (apart from in bed, of course!) but sometimes go sitting/lying down if more convenient.

Nothing I’m particularly aware of, other than possible “relief face”.

Just one hand, generally.

Into the water, typically.

Tends to be towards the back.

Yes

9 hours ago, AlwaysOmo said:In your typical day-to-day experience:

1) I actually usually pee sitting down, at least when in my own home. I find it very comfortable, and I guess a little against the status quo. I stand maybe 25% of the time, maybe even less. It’s pretty random if I stand or sit. 
I don’t have a particular stance. I don’t widen my legs a bunch. Stand fairly normally. If I’m really tired or desperate maybe I lean forward and mean my head on the wall or my hand on the toilet  

2) I think I aim with my left hand and hold my pants down with my right. 

3) I usually aim slightly past the water, as in above it. Unless I want to hear the pee stream. Both in toilets and urinals. 

I sometimes lift the seat but I have pretty good aim and live with a female roommate so I often leave it down and wipe any spillage if I missed. 

I almost always sit, mainly because I have issues in my other end which can cause things to come out without warning

I usually have my hands on my thighs (when sitting down)

One hand

Off to the side to avoid splashing

I don't really aim anywhere specific

Yes

Wow, this is a thread that I never knew I needed, and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. 🥰😄

I'm a cis lady, so these are all things that I've never thought of before. It's fascinating to me that people with penises are doing this mental math of "Okay, I'm home alone, so I can pee directly into the water even though it's loud." For me, I've never minded hearing other people pee or other people hearing me pee, but I grew up in a family where we always shared the bathroom. I've had multiple roommates who I've felt comfortable sharing the bathroom and even pooping in front of, so, as long as it doesn't bother the other person, I'm not really shy about that stuff. 

I also never considered that people with penises have to think, "Oh, do I have to poop, too?" when deciding whether to stand or sit. I have IBS, and poops definitely sneak up on me some times, so that would be a struggle for me. 

Thanks everyone! This has been enlightening. 

These are excellent questions - my answers are below each question:

- I always sit in the morning, first thing. I usually stand every other time I go during the day.

- No particular stance, really. I don't do hand on the wall and all of my feet stay on the floor.

- One had holds and aims, most of the time. Sometimes the other hand is involved in keeping pants away, but generally, I am a one-handed fella.

- Almost always a little off to the side, but sometimes in the bowl of water itself. Just depends.

- I usually aim for the back, just above the drain area.

- Yes, and I always lower it back down and always wipe up pee drops that have gotten on the toilet.

Great questions! Thanks!

In your typical day-to-day experience:

1a.) What position do you usually pee in? Always standing, or are there ever occasions when you sit?

Generally standing, it's no use to sit unless I have to go #2 as well. Also I prefer peeing through my underwear while having a shower since I'll have to change my underwear anyway. 

I don't actually get the question. If am pretty desperate and expect a strong stream I stand further from the toilet, if not I stay close. 

When I used to drink and peed outside sometimes I didn't use hands(if you pack a decent size you can afford that), but anyway it's risky and not so comfortable, I mean you don't want to create a mess in your own toilet. So, generally I use one hand. 

When I was a kid I tried to avoid splashing sounds due to my shyness. But now if it goes full stream I aim directly to it, it gives me satisfaction. 

I can't stand urinals at all. Only way I'm using them if I'm on verge of wetting myself and all stalls are occupied, which is very unlikely to happen

3c.) Do you always lift the seat all the way up?

Sure. No need to make it dirty with drops. 

1a) Always standing.

1b) Nothing special, just stand.

2) One hand, sometimes none. It's not that difficult since it's basically angled down already, but usually one hand. Mostly because when the stream slows down you have to wiggle it when you finish.

3a) Just off to the side where the bowl and water meet. I try to avoid splashback or splashing water this way and also it isn't as noisy. 

3b) Down just off the side of the drain, if you aim towards the back it's like right there and you can get all types of splashback directly on your penis.

3c) I always do, yes. 

1a.) What position do you usually pee in? Always standing, or are there ever occasions when you sit?

Usually always standing. I sit when I'm doing #2. I'm laying down when I have bedwetting accidents, which is quite often. I'm usually asleep when that happens, I either wake up in a soaked bed or a soaked pull-up.

I ask this because there are a few things I've seen regularly on TV and in movies that I wasn't sure if anyone actually did. Namely, the "hand against the wall" thing and also how some guys are shown to stand up on their tiptoes or bounce in place as they pee. Are these things actually common or just a cliche?

I just stand and pee, no holding the wall.

I aim with one hand.

Directly into the water.

3b.) What about for urinals? Do you aim toward the drain or elsewhere? (I would assume the former, but I honestly have no idea. I just know that "splash back" is a thing that can happen.)

I aim wherever the least amount of splashing occurs.

3c.) Do you always lift the seat all the way up?.

I always lift up the seat all the way.

1a.) Always standing

1b.) When I only have to pee, I generally stand up normally.

2.) I generally only use a finger or two (I'm on the smaller side)

3a.) In the water

3b.) I generally aim straight forward.

3c.) Yes

I'm a trans man, and I don't have that anatomy, but I figure I could answer these questions while lurking in this thread.

If using toilet, sitting. But if not using the toilet, anything goes. I stand to pee a LOT, or I'll squat over a towel, or even lay down on a towel and wet myself.

Often, I'll spread my legs widely, because I find it hot. But overall, no particular stance....

One hand, if I'm pantsless and urinating outdoors in my backyard. If i pull my crotch area kind up...upwards....the pee shoots out in an arc.

Directly in the water.

Being a trans man, I don't use urinals. I don't own a stand to pee device (at least, not one that has a wide enough hole to go against my body).

No 🙂 But I also make a point to use the toilet as little as possible.

Standing

It really depends on where I am. If i  am in public, then I will stand as normal as possible as if i was waiting in line somewhere. If I am at home I typically have a wider stance and will hang my head back if super desperate :)

Typically I am with just one hand, never really done both and none every once in a while for fun! LOL

Depends on the situation if i am at a relative's or friend's house, I will aim on the side to minimize the sound. In public I also typically aim to the side but sometimes will aim directly in the water to show off how desperate I am.

Elsewhere, pee spots are embarrassing when you are in public or work , which is where most urinals are common.

Not really... probably should but... maybe next time! haha

On 11/15/2021 at 5:01 AM, AlwaysOmo said:

Not always standing. Maybe I'm just lazy. I nearly always sit down when I'm at home, and sometimes do if I'm at work (if I've got time and/or I want to hide away for just a little bit longer than strictly necessary!). Out and about, though, nearly always standing up.

I don't think I do anything like that. If I do, I do it without thinking about it or being particularly aware of it! The only time I can see any benefit to the hand on the wall is after a few drinks, or on a moving train or something like that, but I don't recall doing it even on a moving train when I've known there's a rough bit coming up!

One hand, at most. Sometimes, at urinals in particular, it doesn't need any guidance so it can be hands-free for a bit. Sometimes the other hand comes into play as a bit of a subconscious visual shield though, when it's busy (or when it's outdoors, in nature, and there's a risk of someone seeing!).

Generally, back of the bowl, above the waterline. If I see some debris left on the bowl by the previous occupant, I might aim at that too, just to see if I can dislodge it. Anything to pass the time, really.

Much the same, really. If it's an individual bowl-style urinal, somewhere towards the back of it, above the drain. If it's a trough, anywhere on the back wall. The little blue cubes that they put in urinals, though - they're great to try and aim at, to push them around. Again, anything to pass the time!

Yes, always. You'd have to stand awkwardly bent over to hold the seat halfway up, otherwise? Trying to do it with the seat down is asking for trouble too, but some people must do, judging by the mess. I have had it on trains where the lid and/or seat don't really stay up very well, so I do sometimes keep one hand on them to stop them crashing down.

I love a good post like this!

1. I mainly stand. The only time I sit is sometimes at night or if my legs are tired when I'm unwell or fatigued after exercising. As for standing stance, I find myself hovering over toilets as a 6ft 3in skinny dude. I'm always actively trying to straighten my back while I'm peeing. At a urinal, I'll do the 'power stance' and piss like a lion - or if I'm tired I'll rest my left hand against the wall while I aim with the right hand. You'll have seen guys on TV etc doing that a lot.
  2. That would be some mighty, meaty trout if it required 2 hands to aim lol! I aim with my right, keep hold of my pants with my left.
  3. Depends what mood I'm in. Usually I pee in 'silent mode' (side of the bowl) but when BURSTING, I definitely aim right for the middle of the water. If I'm not doing it in my pants then I'm at least gonna have a 'confidence piss' lol. As for urinals, I just piss in the middle.

1a.) Almost always standing. There are occasions where I sit, such as going #2. But also on the rare occasion when I wake up from sleep to go potty. And I'm talking about the middle of the night instances, when I'm so groggy it's hard for me to open my eyes much less concentrate my aim! Luckily I have a bidet and that warm seat function is a definite plus!

1b.) I usually spread my feet very slightly, like an upside down "v" to get more balance--my legs/feet are pretty much at shoulder-width apart. I don't lean up against anything or put my hands on the wall (maybe on the rare times when I'm super buzzed after drinking).

2.) I aim with one hand but sometimes after I position my willy, I take a hands off approach and just have the pressure from my pee coming out do the aim!

3a.) If there's other people in the restroom, I go to the side so it makes less noise.

3b.) It depends on the urinal depth, height, type, etc. I usually aim whever to reduce splash back! I heard some urinals have an imprinted fly or mark for guys to aim at, which is the optimal point to minimize splash back.

3c.) Usually no. If I'm at a public toilet, I try not to, especially if it's already soiled. But I still aim right into the bowl. If I'm at a friend's or relative's place, then yes.