Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Has COVID may girls more wary of using public restrooms?

I was at the food court and overheard a convo behind me about how two female friends said they now avoid using bathrooms in the mall because they dont want to touch the surfaces or wait in a poorly ventiliated area for a while. I doubt they had a fetish as they were just talking about it normally but I wonder if other women are like this now too and that means less line up for female restrooms? 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:20 AM, Angusburger said:

I was at the food court and overheard a convo behind me about how two female friends said they now avoid using bathrooms in the mall because they dont want to touch the surfaces or wait in a poorly ventiliated area for a while.

I don't need that edgy son of a (family friendly) that is covid for avoiding to use public bathrooms. There are too many other illness that I can be cursed just entering any bathroom, let alone use those. No thanks i'll just keep my full bladder until home.

Edited by Mystic007 (see edit history)
12 hours ago, PrincessPEEach said:

I think this is something guys like to fantasize about, but in reality it applies equally to both men’s and women’s bathrooms…are guys nervous to go in the mens room? 

I don’t personally have this problem,  nor do I believe women are using nappies to avoid public toilets. But it’s still probably good fetish fantasy material I guess😏

I avoid them if I can… never enjoyed using them anyway, and it does focus the mind on the fact that there’s probably lots of other nasty things you can catch in there as well. Certainly advances the case for wearing your own facilities. I guess for men we have the advantage of often not needing to enter a cubicle and sit down, though maybe urinals are potentially worse for close contact and spread of viruses etc.?

Agree that women using nappies to avoid toilets isn’t likely to be common outside of ABDLs and the severely incontinent. But a few more may go for a precautionary Tena pad…

I have never been germophobic the way the other women in my family have tended to be, as they always avoided public toilets religiously even before Covid. That said it hasn't made me more likely to avoid going to the bathroom, if a bathroom is available I will use it as there is very little chance that you're going to catch Covid from a toilet, besides which I've been vaccinated anyway. But now I rarely go out anyway since my job is now over.

Of course I do think that as a result of bathrooms being closed that a lot of people are finding themselves desperate more often, but the majority of people are now at home or where they are closer to toilets. It's what I call the Covid bathroom desperation divide, where you now have the situation where most people are at home more and closer to bathrooms, but those who are out and about in public and to rely on public toilets more are in a bad position where they are having less opportunities to relieve themselves, so while most are experiencing less desperation in general those who are are now facing more extreme desperation.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:49 PM, PrincessPEEach said:

I think this is something guys like to fantasize about, but in reality it applies equally to both men’s and women’s bathrooms…are guys nervous to go in the mens room? 

I don’t personally have this problem,  nor do I believe women are using nappies to avoid public toilets. But it’s still probably good fetish fantasy material I guess😏

My partner seems to be a little bit less skiddish than me about using a public restroom, he still doesn’t like it but will use one if needed. Me on the other hand - the whole COVID thing has intensified my already somewhat apparent germaphobia. I used to use them when I absolutely had to, but now I will totally admit that I, for one, would choose a diaper over a public bathroom. I don’t like accidents where it’s publicly visible out of my control, so I wear a diaper when I can or just plan to be home earlier if I can’t. Additionally, it’s also basically winter now and snowpants have always covered up my accidents perfect, so it’s a non issue for me

So, I suppose there’s at least one girl who has started using diapers more 😉

Additionally, I’ve found a lot more public bathrooms near us are closed to the public now, which even as a member of this community I can’t help but think is kinda stupid. I’ve heard stories from a couple of friends that have definitely found themselves becoming desperate more often and even having an accident or two

Edited by Snowgirl (see edit history)
On 11/5/2021 at 7:35 PM, LizJWetting said:

You're probably not at any higher risk of catching/spreading Covid in a public toilet than in any other public place.

It's reckoned (but I don't have a link to hand) that public toilets are about the riskiest place because of the various sources of moisture and aerosols (toilet flushing, hot air hand driers etc.).  I've only recently felt safe enough to use larger toilets in quiet offices or pubs and still wear an N95 mask when I do.  The rest of the time I wear a nappy when I go out so I don't have to.

15 minutes ago, LizJWetting said:

I suppose that makes sense, but then you're not in there for that long compared to spending an hour or so in a packed train, for example. I don't know how much that makes a difference. I wouldn't go as far as using a nappy though, that's just not my thing.

Have you ever tried one (as an adult)? If you have, and didn’t like it, then fair enough… if not, then maybe you don’t know what you’re missing 😉 

Edited by nappypants (see edit history)
1 minute ago, LizJWetting said:

To be fair I haven't actually tried one, so maybe I would like it, I don't know. There's just something about the idea that I find offputting, I'm not quite sure why.

If you don't mind wetting yourself then you've already got over most people's major negative feeling towards it!

Definitely a different feeling to wetting regular clothing, but has both convenience and pleasure aspects to it... as an "in between" option you could try Tena pull-ups etc. which look/feel more like underwear but (to an extent) absorb like a nappy.

18 hours ago, LizJWetting said:

I wouldn't go as far as using a nappy though, that's just not my thing.

If you have a young child I imagine nappies would lose their 'kink appeal' for a few years.  But it could be a useful skill to get you ahead at the astronaut selection panel 🙂  https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/nov/06/spacex-toilet-leak-astronauts-diapers

17 hours ago, nappypants said:

Definitely a different feeling to wetting regular clothing, but has both convenience and pleasure aspects to it...

Yes indeed.  Several benefits which may appeal differently to different people:

There's a kinky pleasure in feeling the warm wetness spreading and filling the nappy, doubly so if you're in public and nobody knows.

Convenience of not needing to find a public toilet when out for long periods.

The cleanliness of not wetting or staining upholstery, bedding or carpets.

Allows long-term (like overnight or all-day) bondage without mess.  This was how my ex and I got into it.

4 hours ago, SergioUK said:

If you have a young child I imagine nappies would lose their 'kink appeal' for a few years.  But it could be a useful skill to get you ahead at the astronaut selection panel 🙂  https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/nov/06/spacex-toilet-leak-astronauts-diapers

Yes indeed.  Several benefits which may appeal differently to different people:

There's a kinky pleasure in feeling the warm wetness spreading and filling the nappy, doubly so if you're in public and nobody knows.

Convenience of not needing to find a public toilet when out for long periods.

The cleanliness of not wetting or staining upholstery, bedding or carpets.

Allows long-term (like overnight or all-day) bondage without mess.  This was how my ex and I got into it.

There’s a whole thread on the space nappies!

In terms of your list of benefits, the first three are all important ones for me. Wetting regular clothes can be fun but I don’t really enjoy the aftermath that much whereas you can sit in a warm wet nappy for hours (and multiple uses) without mess or discomfort.

Edited by nappypants (see edit history)
2 hours ago, PrincessPEEach said:

I definitely love diapers. I love wearing them and I love wetting them. But using them for convenience has no appeal for me whatsoever. It’s purely a sexual thing for me. It doesn’t feel sexy to use a dipe because I find the toilet dirty, or can’t be bothered to use it. Mixing the two would reduce the enjoyment I get out of dipes. Even thinking about it makes me feel icky. I think it’s because I have a strong aversion to incontinence, I’m terrified of it actually, and this feels like a little step down the path toward that. I get that it’s still a choice, but for me, it’s not a choice I’d choose lol. 

That totally makes sense!! I am the same way - I would neeever want to be at a point where I rely on them or feel like I don’t actually have a choice.

For me it’s also purely a sexual thing, but when I focus less on the “this is convenient” and more on “wow, I’m wearing a diaper and peeing my pants in public”, it becomes really easy to make the excuse that it makes sense because it’s “more convenient” to wear them lol

There are definitely times that I’m not in the mood and I just hold it until I make it home. But ugh I hate public restrooms with a passion all the time no matter what mood I’m in. I’ll literally only ever use one if the other choice is to have a full blown real accident in front of somebody. But even then, if I’m nearby, I’ll sooner drive home in order to use my own bathroom.

7 hours ago, Snowgirl said:

That totally makes sense!! I am the same way - I would neeever want to be at a point where I rely on them or feel like I don’t actually have a choice.

For me it’s also purely a sexual thing, but when I focus less on the “this is convenient” and more on “wow, I’m wearing a diaper and peeing my pants in public”, it becomes really easy to make the excuse that it makes sense because it’s “more convenient” to wear them lol

Well yeah, that’s a part of the “convenience” aspect to me, it is kind of exciting to be somewhere out and about where toilet access is an issue for people and to think “Ha ha! I’ve got a toilet in my pants, and I’m going to use it, if only you knew, those of you who have to use the nasty, busy and dirty public facilities, or failing that, struggle not to have an accident!”

I do find if I wear nappies continuously for a long period of time it loses its magic, and I definitely wouldn’t want to be permanently incontinent (though if you could switch it on and off for a bit of fun, it would be quite nice…) But even if I’m having a spell of wearing less frequently I still want to wear them to bed etc. for convenience reasons. There’s something special about relieving yourself in warm comfort without having to get up!