Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Omorashi Tropes and Cliches

9 hours ago, Jimmy Olsen said:

I enjoy the idea of an imaginary society with unusual toilet practices (whether stricter or looser or just different) but it annoys me that in most of these stories the weird rules only apply to women. I understand a writer is going to point their magnifier at the gender they're interested in (I do it too) but why not keep all genders in the same boat? Sometimes it's written so it makes sense in context but usually it's a farfetched scenario where all the women are subject to a strange custom while all the men live their lives basically the same as in the real world.

I've seen a few stories from outside of this site where life is pretty much normal except everyone can pee wherever they want, which inspired my own story.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are hundreds of them. Some of them are wonderful. Some of them are terrible. So lets list them all.  The good, The bad, the Ugly.   I'll start with a few cliches found i

I have to say that I'm a sucker for the cliches. Even though they're predictable, they're mainstays for a reason. To be honest, I think it was the overuse of some of these tropes in the media that got

I'm glad you included both me, my suggestion, and my predicament Now you're just making fun of me   To add from my own walk of life: Students who didn't go before an exam AND the proc

12 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@Jimmy Olsen

"I enjoy the idea of an imaginary society with unusual toilet practices (whether stricter or looser or just different) but it annoys me that in most of these stories the weird rules only apply to women. I understand a writer is going to point their magnifier at the gender they're interested in (I do it too) but why not keep all genders in the same boat? Sometimes it's written so it makes sense in context but usually it's a farfetched scenario where all the women are subject to a strange custom while all the men live their lives basically the same as in the real world."

Admit I am very guilty of this in that my stories are almost exclusively focused around female desperation, because as a lesbian I'm just not really interested in male desperation. However I think that there is some justification for this outside of just my personal sexual preference for women, because if you look at society now men and women ALREADY do have different experiences going to the bathroom based on gender, where it's common to see women waiting in line or not getting to go to the bathroom or in some way being restricted in relieving themselves simply due to custom, while the same does not apply to men, so in a speculative and fictional scenario you can imagine that getting even worse and being even more pronounced, and that unfair aspect of desperation is what I think makes it interesting psychologically speaking.

In fact perfect example here from @Uniform Skirt : "That is usually how it works, though. Indian women are often afraid to piss in public because they might be assaulted while doing so, but for men that's really not much of a consideration. In fact Indian men have been known to drop their trousers and dump in the road in plain sight!"

In fact I do have this novel length dystopia that I wanted to write called Urinal Land, about a world where they start eliminating most public bathrooms and replacing them with urinals only, which of course is going to be devastating for women. Perhaps not super realistic, but also not totally unbelievable all things considered. But I will have to wait until I am on a huge fetish binge before I get around to writing that one. Writing a short story means I'm in a fetish mood, if I'm writing a novel you know it's because I can't think about anything else!

A realistic version is just that there aren't any toilets at all and men piss in the streets, or people use chamber pots and empty them into the road. That's how most cities were before the second half of the 19th century, and some even today.

@Uniform Skirt

"A realistic version is just that there aren't any toilets at all and men piss in the streets, or people use chamber pots and empty them into the road. That's how most cities were before the second half of the 19th century, and some even today."

I remember reading how in the Victorian era when they started creating public toilets that they were for men only and that women were just expected to hold it when they were away from home, so women in the past must have had extraordinary bladder strength and there must have been a great deal of desperation. Now I think even in the modern day world is expected if no toilet is available at all the women will just go on patiently holding it while men will go relieve themselves discreetly somewhere in the environment.

That is why I wouldn't see it as unrealistic but you might have a situation say where urinals became the norm to prevent men from peeing just anywhere, and where since women aren't peeing all over the place the way men are they are, they are just expected to go on holding however long unfair and inconvenient that may be, as that is the way things largely are now.

From what I have read about India that in the areas where there aren't safe public toilets for women it is custom for women to hold their pee all day and wait until the end of the day to go to the bathroom. It's something that I think people in society don't talk about in general, but I think that even in a lot of Western societies where toilets are available, in a situation where you are going to be kept from a toilet for a long time women are just supposed to be expected to grin and bear it and go without a toilet for however long that is necessary. It is sort of a societal expectation that women will deny their needs, including an urgent need like urination or defecation, until it is convenient and socially acceptable to do so. Not as much for men.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:04 AM, petitewonder said:

Disclaimer: Even in the tropes I don't like, I know there's some people who do like them and that's totally cool with me! Lol.

I think that overall, if something involves over acting, that automatically puts it in the bad category for me. On the flip side, there could be a trope I don't normally enjoy, but if acted well, I might. 

I agree with what others have said here, that most of the time desperation is not as exaggerated as it is in omo content. I feel like in reality there is less squirming/more bouncing? Idk, with other ladies I've seen, there tends to be leg bouncing as time goes on.

- That being said, I do like escalating desperation. So, for example, it starts off with someone asking how much longer a car ride will last; maybe they'll squirm/bounce a little, but try to be subtle; as time goes on, they bounce more rapidly and perhaps voice their desperation more directly. Etc. until the inevitable wetting happens. 

- Almost made it

- Anything taking a longer amount of time than anticipated so it delays the person's initial plans to go to the bathroom after "xyz happens." I feel like this amps up the frustration/more visible desperation, if that makes sense. 

- Car wettings

- Drunk wettings (in certain scenarios, if the person is more so laughing about it)

- Embarrassed/shy wettings (these tend to be a little more subtle and not Oh My GoD I cAn'T BeLLLLLLiEvE iT!!!)" 

- Occupied bathroom when "and there was only one bathroom." 

- Wettings while waiting for a doctor exam

Dislikes

- Just made it. The actual wetting is a large part of it for me. 

- Loud, over-laid, royalty free music. I haven't come across this too often, but sometimes there will be a very stylized video with faded edges and no other sounds except music playing over it. 

- Most bedwetting videos. I've literally only seen one that seemed somewhat believable. A lot of the time, the person is moving around on the bed in a way that doesn't really make them look like they're asleep. Also, is the warm water hand trick a real thing? 

- Overacting, specifically when it comes to verbalizing. 

- Overacting, to the point of what they are saying makes no sense. ("I didn't want this to happen", etc.) 

- Purposefully denying someone bathroom usage. (Maybe the acting is *too* good in these? Lol. Idk, but oftentimes the person forcing the holding comes across as scary and the person who is doing the holding seems scared; at least in one's I've seen). 

- Standing still, after they've been visibly squirming for a long time. (Especially if the video was really good until this point! This always takes me out of it.)

Wishlist 

These are tropes I haven't seen or don't see as much, but want to. 

- More embarrassment/comfort videos. I've seen a lot where either the person is mocked by their friends who are screaming, or ones where someone else laughs, but not any that involve sweet comforting after.

- More good bedwetting videos. (And if anyone can tell me where I can find ones where someone says "it's cute that you still wet the bed," I haven't been able to find any that weren't marked as private and haven't even seen any one can pay for.) 

- More sensical verbalized desperation. If someone is by themselves, and they are talking in full sentences about how they are about to piss themselves, it takes me out of it. If someone is muttering to themselves about wanting their roommate to hurry up in the bathroom or cursing under their breath, that's more believable to me. 

- More variation in verbalized desperation. A lot of the videos I've come across feature higher-pitched voices (whether it's been men, women, non-binary, etc). And I have plenty of those that I do enjoy, but I would like to see one that features someone with a deeper voice every once in awhile. 

- Wetting on the doctor's exam table. I've seen a lot of great waiting room videos, but only one ever where the patient accidentally pees on the table, and one with an accidental jeans wetting, but I didn't care for that one as much. 

I agree with many things you said. As a rule, I love good acting and realistic scenarios. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief as long as it doesn't get too nonsensical. As a male Omo enthusiast, I must add one thing to the dislikes: 

stopping mid-flow to change the penis's position. I get why people like that, but for me it totally kills the mood. If you're desperate to pee and you end up pissing yourself, taking the time to stop and move your penis around means you could just whip it out and pee anytime. For me, the best part is when the dam breaks, you feel the warmth and realize you're pissing yourself. Stopping the flow is very anticlimactic for me. 

I'm ok with denying bathroom usage, it makes for interesting scenarios. Standing still after squirming for a long time I also like. It kinda makes me think the need has gotten very serious and the person is no longer kidding and is actually gonna piss themselves in a matter of seconds. 

Medicalization tends to turn me off, so I'm not really into anything that involves doctors, waiting rooms at the doctor's office or focussing excessively on someone's incontinence problem. I'd rather those things be left to the imagination or just barely touched on. (Totally ok if you like it!)

Another thing that turns me off is measuring cups and all that stuff. It's too "meta". I might like if it makes sense in the context. I don't know, like maybe there's a group of drunken guys having a party and they challenge each other to see who can hold more piss. In that case it would be fine because the context allows for it. But otherwise it's too meta. 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, P.P. King said:

I agree with many things you said. As a rule, I love good acting and realistic scenarios. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief as long as it doesn't get too nonsensical. As a male Omo enthusiast, I must add one thing to the dislikes: 

stopping mid-flow to change the penis's position. I get why people like that, but for me it totally kills the mood. If you're desperate to pee and you end up pissing yourself, taking the time to stop and move your penis around means you could just whip it out and pee anytime. For me, the best part is when the dam breaks, you feel the warmth and realize you're pissing yourself. Stopping the flow is very anticlimactic for me. 

I'm ok with denying bathroom usage, it makes for interesting scenarios. Standing still after squirming for a long time I also like. It kinda makes me think the need has gotten very serious and the person is no longer kidding and is actually gonna piss themselves in a matter of seconds. 

Medicalization tends to turn me off, so I'm not really into anything that involves doctors, waiting rooms at the doctor's office or focussing excessively on someone's incontinence problem. I'd rather those things be left to the imagination or just barely touched on. (Totally ok if you like it!)

Another thing that turns me off is measuring cups and all that stuff. It's too "meta". I might like if it makes sense in the context. I don't know, like maybe there's a group of drunken guys having a party and they challenge each other to see who can hold more piss. In that case it would be fine because the context allows for it. But otherwise it's too meta. 

I wish I could find more good male omo tbh. I don't find a lot that are desperation focused.

With denying bathroom usage, I like the idea conceptually, but all the videos I've found are of guys sounding super malicious and the girl looking like she's going to cry (which probably does do it for many out there). Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places?

I totally agree re: the measuring cups! They are *way* too meta lol.