Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale Men's Rest Rooms lines Basketball Games

At any sports venue there is a rush for the rest rooms at breaks in the activity.  This is especially urgent when beer is available.  New facilities aim for "potty parity" for both genders, usually meaning up to twice as many toilets for women as for men.  In some cases they haven't increased the total, and to increase the women's facilities they reduce the number for men.  If it's an event that appeals primarily to men there will be lines at the men's rooms.  I've seen a few videos with such lines - and men peeing in corners and against walls because they can't (or won't) wait.  Time spent waiting in line may mean you'll miss part of the game.

This article was speaking of high-priced seats, and the new facility will have one toilet for every 27 seats.  

9 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

At any sports venue there is a rush for the rest rooms at breaks in the activity.  This is especially urgent when beer is available.  New facilities aim for "potty parity" for both genders, usually meaning up to twice as many toilets for women as for men.  In some cases they haven't increased the total, and to increase the women's facilities they reduce the number for men.  If it's an event that appeals primarily to men there will be lines at the men's rooms.  I've seen a few videos with such lines - and men peeing in corners and against walls because they can't (or won't) wait.  Time spent waiting in line may mean you'll miss part of the game.

This article was speaking of high-priced seats, and the new facility will have one toilet for every 27 seats.  

Literally just make all the restrooms gender neutral.

I remember reading an article that I know I have in my blog somewhere, where there was this stadium where the lines to the ladies room was typically 60 people out the door and the lines were just astonishing so they complained then they turned some of the men's room is into ladies rooms which help to alleviate the lines but then there were slight increases in the lines for the men's room. The men complained and they change things right back.

Once again I can't help but think it's just so easy for men to get their urinary needs met, and when they don't one complaint is all it takes to change things back to the bathroom status quo. This just goes along with my other post about how in general women are more patient about waiting for the bathroom and waiting in line for the bathroom.

I can see how at a sports stadium is one of the places where there could be lines for men compared to women but I think that modern sports stations have to take into account that women still make up nearly half of their audience in most cases as women are more likely to go to sporting events now.

And I don't think it always holds true necessarily that a sports stadium will have more lines for men and women even though it's certainly the case in a lot of places. I still remember 20 years ago when I got dragged to a baseball game against my will and there was basically no line for the men's room or at least it was only five minutes at most, but the ladies room line was at least like 40 minutes long spiraling around the stadium.

I guess it depends on where you go, looking at the article I didn't really see much about the bathroom line style, all it said was that the guy kept saying toilets toilets toilets, unless I was missing something?

9 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

I remember reading an article that I know I have in my blog somewhere, where there was this stadium where the lines to the ladies room was typically 60 people out the door and the lines were just astonishing so they complained then they turned some of the men's room is into ladies rooms which help to alleviate the lines but then there were slight increases in the lines for the men's room. The men complained and they change things right back.

Once again I can't help but think it's just so easy for men to get their urinary needs met, and when they don't one complaint is all it takes to change things back to the bathroom status quo. This just goes along with my other post about how in general women are more patient about waiting for the bathroom and waiting in line for the bathroom.

I can see how at a sports stadium is one of the places where there could be lines for men compared to women but I think that modern sports stations have to take into account that women still make up nearly half of their audience in most cases as women are more likely to go to sporting events now.

And I don't think it always holds true necessarily that a sports stadium will have more lines for men and women even though it's certainly the case in a lot of places. I still remember 20 years ago when I got dragged to a baseball game against my will and there was basically no line for the men's room or at least it was only five minutes at most, but the ladies room line was at least like 40 minutes long spiraling around the stadium.

I guess it depends on where you go, looking at the article I didn't really see much about the bathroom line style, all it said was that the guy kept saying toilets toilets toilets, unless I was missing something?

Why do you think they were willing to accomodate men though when there's a line? Also there was a news in Canada a few years back https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/edmonton-oilers-womens-bathrooms-female.  I do wonder what women in general (without the fetish) think about practices like these 

@Angusburger

"Why do you think they were willing to accomodate men though when there's a line? Also there was a news in Canada a few years back https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/edmonton-oilers-womens-bathrooms-female.  I do wonder what women in general (without the fetish) think about practices like these"

That was actually the specific case that I was thinking of. I remember I had read articles about that elsewhere and I think that that was the situation where they ended up converting the women's rooms to men's rooms to alleviate the line for the men. I think once again it's just a case of men's needs being taken as a given and being met, because men would probably be more aggressive and hostile if they didn't get their needs met. Once again I do think that women are just sort of more passive and patient about putting up with this.

I have mostly chatted about this type of thing with people in the fetish community, but I would have to think that more women must be pretty annoyed about situations like this, but again when it's always been that way you just sort of take it as normal. I think that the average woman expects there to be a line and just doesn't tend to question it the way someone like me would, I'm strange like that. I think most people just accept things the way they are in most cases.

It really does baffle me though in cases like this, and another case I remember reading about a place called Soldier Field, where the women were complaining for like 20 years to get more restrooms, and then when they did there by converting men's rooms there was a slight increase for the men's room, so they immediately switched things back to the way they were. Now that is privilege.

I have come to believe that people fight more vigorously to defend their privileges than they do to gain them. If you never had it you don't know what you are missing, but if you have it and somebody tries to take it away you become resentful of people trying to take it away. Since women have always just waited for the bathroom they don't make as much of a fuss about it, whereas men who are not used to waiting about the bathroom as soon as they find that their privilege to go without a wait is challenged they will raise hell about it.

I would think that this situation would have to be especially frustrating for women who had been going there consistently all that time and campaigning vigorously to get more bathrooms, only for it to be changed back with one complaint for the men. And as far as I know the women just continue to put up with that type of situation, but maybe people just don't realize that there is something that could be done about it?

Personally I'm not a sports fan, so I don't really go to these type of stadiums, but even in those cases I probably would just be complacent with it. I mean if they gave us more restrooms and then they changed them back right after that I would be annoyed, but then I would probably still continue to wait, I have to admit, so maybe it's just something in human nature to just accept things the way they are, however unfair they tend to be.

I mean even I who notices the things and talks about these things and often complains about these things, when I am in a situation where the bathroom lines for the women are atrocious at a given place it doesn't stop me from going to that place, it's just one of those things that you tend to put up with. I'll admit that I'm not going to stop going to a place simply because the ladies room lines are atrocious, because they tend to be atrocious pretty much everywhere, so it's not like there is much of an alternative, so you just plan for it and learn to deal with it I guess.