Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Peeing on stage

14 hours ago, Biancacase said:

Can any Danes tell me what the purpose of that ad was? I went to the website in the ad and it's a natural science museum website belonging to Aarhus university (one of the top universities in Denmark). As someone who's into omo I enjoyed the ad but I don't see how a woman pissing herself has anything to do with natural sciences.

I'm not Danish, but I believe that the ad is about like climate change and resource use and it plays off of an old Danish saying of "pissing your pants to stay warm", which is meant to denote a foolish and shortsighted action.

pretty much that, not really about climate change, but how we human use/abuse nature and the planet without thinking about the long term consequenses,

On 11/5/2021 at 12:16 AM, WetterMesser said:

I'm not Danish, but I believe that the ad is about like climate change and resource use and it plays off of an old Danish saying of "pissing your pants to stay warm", which is meant to denote a foolish and shortsighted action.

pretty much that, not really about climate change, but how we human use/abuse nature and the planet without thinking about the long term consequenses,

On 11/4/2021 at 9:27 AM, Biancacase said:

Can any Danes tell me what the purpose of that ad was? I went to the website in the ad and it's a natural science museum website belonging to Aarhus university (one of the top universities in Denmark). As someone who's into omo I enjoyed the ad but I don't see how a woman pissing herself has anything to do with natural sciences.

I'm Norwegian, wich is basically the same language. Yes, it is about how we are exploiting our planet's resources. We use animals, trees and so on without thinking about the consequences. Our planet might run out of resources. The last part is playing on a common idiomatic expression for doing something futile, or counterproductive. To pee your pants to keep warm.