Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

5 hours ago, Kyuu said:

Good evening everyone,

So, it's clear I need to step in here a bit.

To start with what kicked off the drama here, I agree that bashing a new member joining and immediately requesting something is bad etiquette. It is also generally lousy form etiquette to request something without first contributing to the forum in some way yourself, but this isn't an offense that warrants any form of abuse or harassment.

As for requesting paywalled content, this is kind of a gray area I do believe I need to review. When it comes to JAV's and other things that can be near impossible or at the least prohibitively difficult for users in the U.S. to purchase, that's different. Whenever producers contact us and request the removal of their content, we comply immediately and blacklist them from being posted anywhere else in the future. We want to maintain good relations with producers, but allowing this kind of stuff puts that in danger.

As for everyone else in this thread right now, chill. All this drama isn't necessary over something so silly. So I'm placing this thread on moderator review to prevent it from spiraling further out of control.

Calm down and enjoy the rest of your day. Go masturbate or something.

Kyuu,

Since you mention JAV content, have you ever been contacted by a JAV studio about the proliferation of their content here? Just interested because it seems in the past few years the quality and quality of JAV content available here has increased and it would be a shame to lose the steady flow (hehe) of fresh content.

For my part, I do try to legitimately purchase a few pieces of content from Jade every year and have not had too many problems doing so, though I admit it can be tricky.

Well then, I seem to have started some unnecessary drama. So some apologies to start off with. 

To @Woops, sorry for the snark, I did not mean to come off that snarky and rude, and it was not a very good welcome to the positive and supportive community that we have all worked so hard to build. So apologies and be welcome friend. 

I should have simply pointed out the rules and etiquette of the forum in a more polite way, one that I think most folks will agree I usually use here on the forum. I will do this in the future. 

The positive and supportive community we have all built depends on all of us being better and kind. 

@KozmoFox I didn't quite expect that kind of response, and I hope we can move on as friends rather than anything escalating. Thanks for pointing out my error and for all the hard work you do moderating the forum we all love.

Rachel

Reading through the comments, I wanted to underscore that I did not want my snark to be interpreted as harassment in any way! I'm very sorry for this @Whoops. 

It may be a good idea to set up some sort of best practice should situations like this arise in the future. Sometimes we have bad nights and get frustrated and post stupid shit, and it would be good to come up with a way for this to be flagged and addressed more amicably. 

Kozmo and mods - perhaps after folks have a chance to read my apology, we can delete the thread and move on?

2 hours ago, wetpantsboy said:

Kyuu,

Since you mention JAV content, have you ever been contacted by a JAV studio about the proliferation of their content here? Just interested because it seems in the past few years the quality and quality of JAV content available here has increased and it would be a shame to lose the steady flow (hehe) of fresh content.

For my part, I do try to legitimately purchase a few pieces of content from Jade every year and have not had too many problems doing so, though I admit it can be tricky.

Yes, here and then we get a DMCA from a JAV producer.

As a rather "ancient" member of this community and forum, even though I was very quiet for many years, it is very disappointing and displeasing to see how this so called supportive community has grown in toxicity. So much so that I'm highly tempted to remove myself completely despite having invested money in here. Anyway, I hope the rest of us will treat the newcomers and the experienced better.

5 hours ago, Kyuu said:

Yes, here and then we get a DMCA from a JAV producer.

Thanks to the mods for making everything cool, and this sucks! 😞 

3 hours ago, Umbra_Yami said:

As a rather "ancient" member of this community and forum, even though I was very quiet for many years, it is very disappointing and displeasing to see how this so called supportive community has grown in toxicity. So much so that I'm highly tempted to remove myself completely despite having invested money in here. Anyway, I hope the rest of us will treat the newcomers and the experienced better.

I hope that this was a one off. I blame myself. I am usually one who is working to keep thing positive but I was a dick. I've apologized to Whoops in private and here, in proper Canadian fashion, and hopefully we can get back to making this an awesome community 🙂 

I certainly don’t think it’s toxic, on the whole. Compared to some other communities, which have either heavy-handed mods or a Wild West free-for-all, it’s always seemed to get the balance about right. Of course there will be disagreements and the occasional bad apple but it usually seems to be dealt with behind the scenes with the minimum of fuss.

• The topic was locked