Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

32 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

Dude.

Not the way you want to introduce a new member to the forum. We have a supportive community here...and I expected someone like you to represent it better?

This is this guys literal first post. I approved it myself. How many people on this site every damn day ask for some sort of rip or something? Enough to make it super out of place that you're just...attacking this one random dude who has barely been here long enough to stick his toes into the lake of forum etiquette. He has done nothing out of the ordinary but you came in flaunting all of this nonsense over his head, I guess as some sort of misguided attempt to flex your status as a top member on him? He makes one post and you smack him to the ground, stand on his head, proclaim yourself royalty over what I can only assume is your 1 in 3? 1 updoot every 4 posts? Something like that, that half the content creators on the site including myself manage the exact opposite of? Which is just standing on his head without a leg to stand on, as I see it.

If that statement seems very hostile.. I'm not particularly sorry, because it is. I do not like this one bit. I am fully aware that some members have their issues with me, but even I don't pick brand new, first post newbies, and seemingly just boot them in the head entirely at random for little conceivable reason, irresponsibly flaunting a clout that could ensure their membership on this site never properly begins. There is zero reason to show up and end this mans whole career. I take serious issue with that and the completely out of place grandstanding. 

Something something snarky line, something something you have displeased the queen. Gimmie my crown back if this is how you're going to act when you snatch it out of my room in the middle of the night.

That there was a violation.. *round of applause*

2 hours ago, KozmoFox said:

Dude.

Not the way you want to introduce a new member to the forum. We have a supportive community here...and I expected someone like you to represent it better?

This is this guys literal first post. I approved it myself. How many people on this site every damn day ask for some sort of rip or something? Enough to make it super out of place that you're just...attacking this one random dude who has barely been here long enough to stick his toes into the lake of forum etiquette. He has done nothing out of the ordinary but you came in flaunting all of this nonsense over his head, I guess as some sort of misguided attempt to flex your status as a top member on him? He makes one post and you smack him to the ground, stand on his head, proclaim yourself royalty over what I can only assume is your 1 in 3? 1 updoot every 4 posts? Something like that, that half the content creators on the site including myself manage the exact opposite of? Which is just standing on his head without a leg to stand on, as I see it.

If that statement seems very hostile.. I'm not particularly sorry, because it is. I do not like this one bit. I am fully aware that some members have their issues with me, but even I don't pick brand new, first post newbies, and seemingly just boot them in the head entirely at random for little conceivable reason, irresponsibly flaunting a clout that could ensure their membership on this site never properly begins. There is zero reason to show up and end this mans whole career. I take serious issue with that and the completely out of place grandstanding. 

Something something snarky line, something something you have displeased the queen. Gimmie my crown back if this is how you're going to act when you snatch it out of my room in the middle of the night.

Kind of seems like the only one grandstanding right now is you.   Sure perhaps RachelKirwan could have worded her post better but to be honest this post from you is incredibly unprofessional for somebody who is supposed to be a moderator.   Even though the original post by Whoops isn't breaking any actual rules, you approved it knowing that long term users on this site would call the new user out for trying to get a paid video for free, something which has caused many video producers to shut down and stop making content altogether because of widespread video piracy.   

49 minutes ago, happymadman567 said:

Kind of seems like the only one grandstanding right now is you.   Sure perhaps RachelKirwan could have worded her post better but to be honest this post from you is incredibly unprofessional for somebody who is supposed to be a moderator.   Even though the original post by Whoops isn't breaking any actual rules, you approved it knowing that long term users on this site would call the new user out for trying to get a paid video for free, something which has caused many video producers to shut down and stop making content altogether because of widespread video piracy.   

Are you serious? That's your response? You have zero issue with the borderline bullying that occurred, and your solution to stop older members from bullying brand new members for something they literally scroll by every day, is to just, not approve their posts to protect them? That's your solution? That's downright psychotic. It is not OP's job to walk on glass to avoid offending some higher cabal, lest they be harassed. It is however my job, to make sure said unjust harassment doesn't happen in the first place.

My point has literally already been proven. Poor OP is already getting absolutely ratings bombed for effectively no reason due to this behavior, scratching the image of his account essentially permanently for committing absolutely no faux pas. Because of this behavior, you not only think its alright to support this harassment, but to actively take part in it and then victim blame AND flood our staffs support box when issue is taken? I swear, I could have predicted this. Actually, I literally did.

Its not cool. At all. I didn't issue any harassment warnings because the power dynamic behind the harassment is a bit of a nuanced one that needed to be addressed, but that doesn't make it cool to do.

1 hour ago, KozmoFox said:

Are you serious? That's your response? You have zero issue with the borderline bullying that occurred, and your solution to stop older members from bullying brand new members for something they literally scroll by every day, is to just, not approve their posts to protect them? That's your solution? That's downright psychotic. It is not OP's job to walk on glass to avoid offending some higher cabal, lest they be harassed. It is however my job, to make sure said unjust harassment doesn't happen in the first place.

My point has literally already been proven. Poor OP is already getting absolutely ratings bombed for effectively no reason due to this behavior, scratching the image of his account essentially permanently for committing absolutely no faux pas. Because of this behavior, you not only think its alright to support this harassment, but to actively take part in it and then victim blame AND flood our staffs support box when issue is taken? I swear, I could have predicted this. Actually, I literally did.

Its not cool. At all. I didn't issue any harassment warnings because the power dynamic behind the harassment is a bit of a nuanced one that needed to be addressed, but that doesn't make it cool to do.

lol, the only person being psychotic right now is you.   2 very unprofessional posts in the same topic makes you seem like you no longer want to be a moderator if this is how you behave.   I didn't say i agreed with what Rachel said, merely that you extremely overreacted to it.   Also the only real bad part of Rachels post was the you have displeased the Queen part which i do agree should have been left out.   I would even go so far as to bet that had Rachel not said "You have displeased the queen" you likely never would have even commented on her post in the first place.     Also it seems that you created this problem in the first place by allowing a topic of somebody looking to pirate a video from an established producer.   Seems like maybe its time for you to step down as a moderator and let Kyuu put somebody or a couple people as moderators who don't overreact to things and behave professionally when critisizing other peoples posts.   Also you are right, it is your job to prevent harassment but by approving this topic you opened up user Whoops to harassment by allowing a topic where somebody wants a paid video for free to be posted in the first place

Edited by happymadman567
added info, typos (see edit history)
22 minutes ago, happymadman567 said:

lol, the only person being psychotic right now is you.   2 very unprofessional posts in the same topic makes you seem like you no longer want to be a moderator if this is how you behave.   I didn't say i agreed with what Rachel said, merely that you extremely overreacted to it.   Also the only real bad part of Rachels post was the you have displeased the Queen part which i do agree should have been left out.   I would even go so far as to bet that had Rachel not said "You have displeased the queen" you likely never would have even commented on her post in the first place.     Also it seems that you created this problem in the first place by allowing a topic of somebody looking to pirate a video from an established producer.   Seems like maybe its time for you to step down as a moderator and let Kyuu put somebody or a couple people as moderators who don't overreact to things and behave professionally when critisizing other peoples posts.   Also you are right, it is your job to prevent harassment but by approving this topic you opened up user Whoops to harassment by allowing a topic where somebody wants a paid video for free to be posted in the first place

You need to really calm down and realize getting chastised by a moderator for that wet fart of a post doesn't mean your source of free spankage is being threatened. It's embarassing.

7 minutes ago, Sonador said:

You need to really calm down and realize getting chastised by a moderator for that wet fart of a post doesn't mean your source of free spankage is being threatened. It's embarassing.

Are you high or something?   I have actually been calm this entire time.    I was merely pointing out that a professional moderator would have private messaged somebody to tell them they did wrong instead of publicly shaming them like kozmofox did here.  Or that a profesional moderator would have locked or deleted this topic instead of allowing it to turn into a mess like this topic is now

Me again. I didn't intend for all of this to spiral out of control like it did. I agree that my etiquette was a little too forward, so to speak and I apologize. To those who've shown me support, thank you.

If this thread is going to be locked or deleted, I have no issue with it. As a bit of shameless promotion, go check out my other topic.

Edited by Whoops (see edit history)