Sign In

female Omo Platformer in the Making

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there, everyone, BlueScreen here! Don't remember me? Not surprising! I post and then vanish into the abyss for years at a time. Oops. Anyways, I've been solo-developing an omorashi puzzl

Happy New Year, everyone! It's a littler later than I expected, but the super early demo release is here! There are a number of known bugs that I'm still working on, though this should provide some id

Wow, honestly, I was a little surprised to open this thread back up and discover this number of reactions. Thanks so much for the support, everyone, I'm even more fired up!  I recently came to a

Posted Images

Wow, honestly, I was a little surprised to open this thread back up and discover this number of reactions. Thanks so much for the support, everyone, I'm even more fired up! 

I recently came to a realization, though: while there seems to be interest in the principle, I feel like it somewhat goes to waste if the gameplay itself isn't up-to-par. A little late for this thought? Perhaps, but the game itself has been coded to be fairly modular, so I can easily go in and make adjustments or updates without rewriting the entire thing.

In order to make the finished product more than just an extension of my fantasy, but an actual, factual, reasonably fun-to-play game, I'd like to start making the occasional progress post here that is open to feedback from you all! This will mostly be brief questions about designs and level mechanics, as well as stuff that may or may not go into any future updates, should those exist.

I'm also not sure about the level of 'surprise' that people are looking for, but I might spoiler the next post just in case, as it will go into specific game mechanics, but not level solutions. Let me know if this is necessary in the future.

image.png.a23178e1c8b51ff56932325c58c11bb4.png

-BlueScreen

Been a week, now, still mostly doing bug-fixing before hitting the next phase. In the meantime, here's the promised details: the game mechanics can be split into three primary parts: puzzle mechanics, bladder mechanics, and item mechanics.

Puzzle mechanics:

Spoiler

This is still, above most else, a puzzle platformer. To that end, all levels require the activation (or deactivation) of a combination of levers, object-sensitive buttons (as in objects or the player can be placed on top to trigger them), passcode panels, and unlockable doors. Doors will be linked to other puzzle objects. The player completes the level by reaching the exit door, which usually can't be reached or will not activate until all puzzles are completed.

Bladder mechanics:

Spoiler

Oh yeah, it's omo time: each level is a closed room that slowly fills with water. The water level directly reflects Rain's bladder level, so if the room is completely filled, she will wet herself, emptying the room of water. Rain's bladder fills at a constant rate over time, and her desperation can be monitored via a percentage in the pause menu OR through the animated Status Indicator picture of her, which is toggleable. "So what, she wets herself? That's it?" Of course not. You can also lower Rain's bladder level by peeing, although this comes with a few caveats:
The amount Rain pees is constant, and will not empty the room. It is a feature meant to temporarily lower the water level to delay a loss or solve a puzzle.
Rain is a little shy, so she won't just pop a squat on command. Rain will only pee into an available bottle, unless her bladder level is above a certain percentage, in which case the floor is as good a place as any.
Peeing into a bottle consumes the bottle, and the player can only carry a max of 3 bottles at a time. This means that even at a bladder level where Rain would normally pee into something, if you don't have a bottle, you're outta luck. Currently, bottles can only be restored by using items (read: "drinking items").

Item mechanics:

Spoiler

Items are drinks. Each drink will suddenly raise the water level by a set amount, with the exception of the diuretic. There are currently three drinks that have been implemented, and in order of pee strength, they are: water, green tea, and strange juice. Right now, two strange juices and a water are enough to cause an accident, so probably around 45%+45%+10%, or something like that. The diuretic temporarily increases the rate that the water level rises, but is not an 'instant-fill' item. Using drinks does increase the water level, which may be useful, as the player can swim, albeit very slowly, so locations that were previously inaccessible can be reached at the expense of Rain's bladder. This is also currently the only way to obtain empty bottles.

Finally, I'll make a note that each level grants three "lives" in the form of three pairs of dry panties. Wetting all three ends the game.

anim.gif

On 11/7/2021 at 4:31 AM, Cherylicious said:

Any idea when your first beta can be out for us to try? 😄

It's a little hard to gauge when a beta will be ready, especially as things are getting busy towards the end of the year, for me. I wouldn't want to haphazardly give a date, but I'm hoping to get a *super* rough version out somewhere in early December.

On 11/7/2021 at 5:24 AM, Alice Ivy said:

Will you consider making a linux build. I think it's pretty easy to do with unity 

I've never tried doing a linux build, but I'll give it a shot!

Thanks for the support during these rather slow development stages, everyone!

12 minutes ago, BlueScreen said:

It's a little hard to gauge when a beta will be ready, especially as things are getting busy towards the end of the year, for me. I wouldn't want to haphazardly give a date, but I'm hoping to get a *super* rough version out somewhere in early December.

I've never tried doing a linux build, but I'll give it a shot!

Thanks for the support during these rather slow development stages, everyone!

Just take your time and take care of yourself!

• 1 month later...

AT LONG LAST! I HAVE RETURNED!

My hope was early December for a basic untested release. Life had some other plans, as is usually the case, but now I can get back to work. I'd like to put some halfway decent art into this, but I'm still learning how to draw proper omo, so I just have some sketches that I'm not really happy with as stand-ins. If I do this right, the final art will look completely different. Seeing as I'd rather get a build out first, it will probably stay that way until some more kinks (ha ha) get worked out in my process. It won't be much at first, but expect release 1.0.0 soon!

Till then,

-BlueScreen

• 3 weeks later...

This looks really exciting! Seems like something I would want to make myself, except despite my computer science knowledge I am still useless when it comes to actually making games (and my art skills would leave a lot to be desired).

On 10/29/2021 at 12:32 AM, Tyton said:

This looks amazing! I can't wait to see the final product. It is good to get more omo games that AREN'T RPG's or visual novels.

I second this. As much as I love those two genres, it would be very refreshing to see something new, and puzzle-platformer seems like a great genre to explore.

What you have looks very promising. Looking forward to a release soon! (pun intended?)

1 hour ago, ZirconiumPen said:

This looks really exciting! Seems like something I would want to make myself, except despite my computer science knowledge I am still useless when it comes to actually making games (and my art skills would leave a lot to be desired).

I second this. As much as I love those two genres, it would be very refreshing to see something new, and puzzle-platformer seems like a great genre to explore.

What you have looks very promising. Looking forward to a release soon! (pun intended?)

Puns welcome and encouraged! Currently finishing up the art for this first release. It isn't much, but I want to improve on the drawn art as this goes on. If it gets to a point where people are mildly satisfied, I'll add in one of the next phases, which is a series of CGs that are unlockable as the game progresses. If I can get this stupid title card cleaned up, I may be able to get the release out today. The main factor is going to be making sure nothing goes wrong with the build itself.

Fingers (and legs?) crossed, 

-BlueScreen

Just tried it out, here are my initial thoughts (mostly bugs and such, as to be expected from an early build):

• Window resolution doesn't seem to be correct (I'm on a 1920x1080 display, and it seems too zoomed in)
  • Explanation of controls somewhere would be nice
    • Ideally we would have rebindable keys, but if not I suggest setting E as interact (as it's currently only bound to Enter?)
  • Lots of jumping and movement weirdness:
    • Being able to stick to walls and ceilings (is this supposed to be climbing?)
    • Jumping against the bottom of an up-and-down moving platform causes repeated jumps
    • Holding two direction keys causes her to moonwalk sometimes (pushing boxes I think?)
    • Some spots on the floor are just stuck, requiring a jump to move past
  • On the fourth stage, pushing the box up the ramp onto the button is really difficult
  • On that same stage (and potentially others), pushing boxes into corners may result in softlock. One potential solution I've heard is to use triangle corners, but I don't know how hard that is to implement.
  • In a similar vein, a restart button would be nice
  • Swimming is pretty annoying (though that was probably part of the intention). Being able to jump out of the water might feel better.
  • Settings sometimes reset for some reason?
  • Rain is cute! I like the sprites and animations
  • The concept of water level <-> bladder meter so far is really nice. However, moving around didn't feel very good. From a game design standpoint, since this is a platformer (well, half of it at least), I would focus on making sure that movement feels good before spending too much time on anything else.

Looks very promising! I may have sounded harsh here, but I'm really looking forward to see this project improve!

Also, while I may not be familiar with the specific language you're using, I have experimented with 2d platformers before, so if you have some issues I might be able to take a look.

Hopefully this helped!

2 hours ago, ZirconiumPen said:

Just tried it out, here are my initial thoughts (mostly bugs and such, as to be expected from an early build):

• Window resolution doesn't seem to be correct (I'm on a 1920x1080 display, and it seems too zoomed in)
  • Explanation of controls somewhere would be nice
    • Ideally we would have rebindable keys, but if not I suggest setting E as interact (as it's currently only bound to Enter?)
  • Lots of jumping and movement weirdness:
    • Being able to stick to walls and ceilings (is this supposed to be climbing?)
    • Jumping against the bottom of an up-and-down moving platform causes repeated jumps
    • Holding two direction keys causes her to moonwalk sometimes (pushing boxes I think?)
    • Some spots on the floor are just stuck, requiring a jump to move past
  • On the fourth stage, pushing the box up the ramp onto the button is really difficult
  • On that same stage (and potentially others), pushing boxes into corners may result in softlock. One potential solution I've heard is to use triangle corners, but I don't know how hard that is to implement.
  • In a similar vein, a restart button would be nice
  • Swimming is pretty annoying (though that was probably part of the intention). Being able to jump out of the water might feel better.
  • Settings sometimes reset for some reason?
  • Rain is cute! I like the sprites and animations
  • The concept of water level <-> bladder meter so far is really nice. However, moving around didn't feel very good. From a game design standpoint, since this is a platformer (well, half of it at least), I would focus on making sure that movement feels good before spending too much time on anything else.

Looks very promising! I may have sounded harsh here, but I'm really looking forward to see this project improve!

Also, while I may not be familiar with the specific language you're using, I have experimented with 2d platformers before, so if you have some issues I might be able to take a look.

Hopefully this helped!

I'll basically second everything here. The only thing I want to add is that, by holding up (and only up, space doesn't do the same thing), Rain repeatedly jumps, which sometimes manifests as an incredibly high jump. I actually appreciate this bug (except for when it causes Rain to jump out of bounds), because it allows me to get to a lot of the higher platforms without waiting for the water level to rise, something I find necessary because of how slow it rises. In rooms where waiting is mandatory, I have to wait minutes at a time to climb over the wall. Some way to manually raise bladder level (maybe stocking drinks in an inventory instead of consuming them immediately) would make those rooms a lot more tolerable.

The game has a lot of potential, and I want to see where it goes. Keep up the good work.

Just finished your little game. Amazing amazing! One of the most exciting pee games I've seen. I'd love to see some progress and I'm happy to help with some more pixel art, animations and level ideas.

The water level is a fantastic mechanism, only minor pacing issues as stated above and some glitchyness with the jumping and it will be loads of fun

The wetting animation caused dampness in real life lol