Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How do people define bladder capacity especially if you can only leak?

This is a very philosophical question 😄

Bladder capacity is the maximum volume of urine (assuming normal sensation) she can hold before feeling she can't hold it anymore or before it voids uncontrollably. That's the theory anyway.

In reality, there are two problems with this:

1) the "assuming normal sensation" part is important, as there's a ton of factors that influence feeling of "urgency", possibly making bladder capacity irrelevant alltogether.

2) the "voids uncontrollably" part really differs from one to another. As the OP said, it could be leaking instead. Or, there could even be neither wetting nor leaking - she would just hold it as long as necessary, be in pain and struggle to relax her muscles when allowed to go.

We could roughly agree that bladder capacity is the maximum volume of urine she's capable of controlling - i.e. before any leaking/wetting takes place.

But then, we realize that all this is academic - practically, she never exists in a state of perfectly normal sensation. Maybe it's cold outside, maybe she's stressed from running late to work, maybe she had a cup of coffee before leaving and it now irritates her bladder, maybe she held her pee for her bf yesterday and her muscles are still recovering from that...

What I'm trying to say is that it's pretty much never a constant value. Which means it's practically impossible to reliably define bladder capacity.

Of course, I'm always trying to find some patterns with the ladies who hold it for me - how long would they be able to hold, how much time would pass from one stage to another. You can indeed discover some patterns and make some projections based on that, but those would only be relevant for that single girl.

Some things, you'd never be able to find explanation for. For example, when allowed to pee at her absolute limit (her own words, having experience with holding it) she would always pee for 30 seconds. But she was once able to pee for some 40 seconds instead. Same conditions, same drinks.

So in reality, my tactics are to ask her not to pee at least couple of hours before the experience, then drink a lot of diuretic liquids as quickly as possible, and then I just hope for the best 🙂

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

As soon as any urine starts to escape of its own accord that's the time when I immediately go to the bathroom and that is what I consider to be my limit and capacity. When the bladder can hold no more of its own accord that is when you are at your limit, at least that's my standard anyway, your mileage may vary.

Me too.  I'm not sure if the original question refers to people who can basically hold for x time but will have tiny drips over that time. And that's just impossible to put a rule on, I reckon!  i had an ex who could hang on to a big bladder all day, but whilst doing so would dribble very slightly if she laughed or whatever. In the scheme of things that was a tiny percentage.  Yes it probably made the difference to holding more pee for longer.  Didn't matter. 

@rebeljaffa

"Me too.  I'm not sure if the original question refers to people who can basically hold for x time but will have tiny drips over that time. And that's just impossible to put a rule on, I reckon!  i had an ex who could hang on to a big bladder all day, but whilst doing so would dribble very slightly if she laughed or whatever. In the scheme of things that was a tiny percentage.  Yes it probably made the difference to holding more pee for longer.  Didn't matter."

That's a reasonable point and precisely why this question is so hard to answer. I mean a few drops is probably not going to make a huge difference in the big scheme of things but at what point do you consider the bladder to have given up? To me the simplest way is to say as soon as you start leaking that is when you are at the absolute limit because that means that you are already at the point where it's not able to hold any more. If you let out a small little bit at a time obviously you could extend your holding time for a long time, but that's not the same as holding a full bladder and then emptying it all at once. If you wanted to have the most honest assessments of your full capacity I would drink until you could hold it no longer and wait until it started coming out of its own accord and then let it all out at once and measure that. That seems to me to be the most honest way of getting an accurate reading if you want to get it down to the exact drop. Although I think most people are not that anal about these matters!