Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Had an accident during my test!

Nice story. I've gotten into a similar situation this summer when I was taking a language assessment test online, being proctored just like this with webcams turned and screen monitored. I had to go to the bathroom so bad towards the end of the test. Luckily, the test was only an hour long and I managed to wrap up my answers 10 minutes before the time. I was literally seconds away from an accident when I rushed to the bathroom.

I feel like if I was in an actual classroom I would've easily asked to use the bathroom, and nowadays tests in schools almost always allow it. But in these type of online tests with everything so strictly monitored, I find it harder to ask someone across the screen who I don't even know.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, Wetsy said:

Too bad you didn't get some pics

Actually it’s a good thing that pictures were not captured (other than any taken by the proctor(s)). Not only would such pictures be embarrassing, but with just about any school or exam provider on the planet I would imagine that the taking of such pictures could be considered an example of cheating in and of itself and/or a violation of the non disclosure agreement or other exam or school rules.

I should mention that I am not a lawyer and never will be, but if I had some acting experience and the right connections I could probably play one in a movie or on TV fairly convincingly.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, Einstein19 said:

Nice story. I've gotten into a similar situation this summer when I was taking a language assessment test online, being proctored just like this with webcams turned and screen monitored. I had to go to the bathroom so bad towards the end of the test. Luckily, the test was only an hour long and I managed to wrap up my answers 10 minutes before the time. I was literally seconds away from an accident when I rushed to the bathroom.

I feel like if I was in an actual classroom I would've easily asked to use the bathroom, and nowadays tests in schools almost always allow it. But in these type of online tests with everything so strictly monitored, I find it harder to ask someone across the screen who I don't even know.

Also in these types of settings leaving the room or even moving outside of the webcam’s view during the exam is strictly prohibited from what I have have heard about how these types of at home or at work online exams work.

I plan to take an online exam before the end of the year and I plan to wear some type of high capacity disposable undergarment for the event since my apartment has wood floors with some gaps between the floorboards in every room that I can sit down in with the exception of the bathroom. Also, for the last twenty years I have not had the best bladder control. I have difficulty holding it for more than 90 minutes and most online exams seem to be at least two hours long.

• 4 months later...

Can totally relate! I wet myself taking the PMP exam… normally you are supposed to get a break, but my first exam was revoked for getting up during the break aka leaving the webcam viewing area. So the second time I took the test, I actually wrote the proctor if I could get up and use the restroom at the start of my break… I didn’t get a response and could not afford to have my test revoked again. I eventually couldn’t hold it and totally peed myself…. I’m sure this happens to quite a few people ….