Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female POV: you're the only cashier in the grocery store and your bladder is full

I can certainly relate as well having worked as a cashier in the past. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was trying to stay polite to customers when my bladder was close to bursting. 

I remember one occasion where I was stuck manning the registers on my own near the end of my shift and I was so desperate to pee that a customer noticed that I was distracted and asked if I was OK. I actually ended up admitting my predicament to her and thankfully she was very sympathetic, and even offered to try and find another member of staff to cover me so I could run to the toilet! 

5 hours ago, Roronoa Zoro said:

I don't work at the cashier. But the cashiers that do work at the store always ask to go to the bathroom and there's always someone there to take their place when they need to go to the bathroom

I’m not sure where you’re from or where you work but this definitely isn’t the case everywhere. I’ve had coworkers nearly have accidents before because nobody could/would take their place 

32 minutes ago, justme said:

There is another, similar threat relating to teachers and near or actual accidents....What are other 'can't/don't' leave occupations, love to hear more stories.

Military officers, especially captains, have to sit in on every meeting and planning board. Not fun needing to go when drawing lines on a map, especially in the Russian, Chinese, or other more authoritarian armies.

Here in Norway, AFAIK employees at malls can typically call for security to look after their store while they go to the bathroom.

Though I did once see a girl who looked to be in her late teens to around 20 walking briskly from the employees bathroom to (presumably) her store with completely flooded jeans (she looked really embarrassed and walked with her arms down and her fists clenched by her sides), so either this isn't done at all malls, or some just decide to hold it for a little too long 😉 .

1 hour ago, justme said:

There is another, similar threat relating to teachers and near or actual accidents....What are other 'can't/don't' leave occupations, love to hear more stories.

Here in Bergen there was a news story recently of the light trail car drivers flooding themselves at work because they have to sit so long without bathroom breaks. Couldn't find it, but found this article about working alone at small stores. One of the stories is from a girl called 'Amanda', who talks about how she tried to not eat or drink at work because she knew she wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom during work, and that she ended up peeing on herself at work once.