Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Somebody has to piss themself every day

It sometimes seems rare to us but when we stop and think for a bit we realize that there are tons of situations that can force people to get caught short. I’m thinking that if you could be a proverbial fly on the wall (a super fast fly.) You would be able to spot at least one candid pee accident within a hundred mile radius daily. 

34 minutes ago, Altiat said:

It sometimes seems rare to us but when we stop and think for a bit we realize that there are tons of situations that can force people to get caught short. I’m thinking that if you could be a proverbial fly on the wall (a super fast fly.) You would be able to spot at least one candid pee accident within a hundred mile radius daily. 

The research suggests that between 20% to 30% of women in their 20s/30s have occasional issues of incontinence. If that's true, in a city of 1,000,000 there is an average 273 young women that have an accident each day. 

Reference: https://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/features/incontinence-womans-little-secret

I would go so far as to say with billions of people in the world if even just a small percentage of them had urinary issues that you could probably say that in a given moment in the world that somebody was peeing themselves. Likewise you can say that almost at any given time that a significant number of the population would be bursting to pee and that millions of people would be in the act of peeing at that very moment. It's weird to think about but really given at any moment you would have millions of people who are desperate, millions who are peeing and millions who are wetting themselves.

37 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

I would go so far as to say with billions of people in the world if even just a small percentage of them had urinary issues that you could probably say that in a given moment in the world that somebody was peeing themselves. Likewise you can say that almost at any given time that a significant number of the population would be bursting to pee and that millions of people would be in the act of peeing at that very moment. It's weird to think about but really given at any moment you would have millions of people who are desperate, millions who are peeing and millions who are wetting themselves.

Yeah, and there are people with complete incontinence who are essentially wetting themselves constantly.

There was a thread a couple of years back I think with some calculations around the matter…

27 minutes ago, JCPee said:

Thinking about that, it then seems odd how you so rarely see wettings in daily life. 

Well, only a very small proportion of adult wettings will happen in obvious public places. Some will be at home, including bedwettings, or in the person’s own car etc. Many will be within sight of the toilet, the “almost made it”. The majority will probably be too small to be noticed, or be absorbed by pads, nappies and pull-ups in the case of people prone to them. Even when someone knows they’re going to have no option but to visibly flood their pants in a public setting, they’re likely to try and get to a place where as few people as possible will see it.

The majority of the people that have an accident probably try to hide as best as they can so not to show that they've had an accident. Also I think many of the wettings are of the "key in latch" type, so that the person having the accident is either right outside their door and can just slip inside, or is inside when the accident happen. So that's why do rarely see an actual accident 

Edit: Nappypants beat me to it! 🙂

Edited by Wetch (see edit history)
26 minutes ago, Wetch said:

The majority of the people that have an accident probably try to hide as best as they can so not to show that they've had an accident. Also I think many of the wettings are of the "key in latch" type, so that the person having the accident is either right outside their door and can just slip inside, or is inside when the accident happen. So that's why do rarely see an actual accident 

Edit: Nappypants beat me to it! 🙂

Would be interesting to know the actual percentage of each type of accident, and I'm betting latchkey accidents would take top honors amongst adults, probably followed by either bedwetting or car wettings.

33 minutes ago, GreenChile said:

Would be interesting to know the actual percentage of each type of accident, and I'm betting latchkey accidents would take top honors amongst adults, probably followed by either bedwetting or car wettings.

I agree, but I would expand car wetting to transport wetting. Adding busses, trains, planes etc. And I would expect that both latchkey and bedwettings have a significant spike during the weekends. 

1 hour ago, GreenChile said:

It's sometimes weird but I often wonder when sitting in traffic if there's anyone sitting in that same traffic who maybe had those famous last words "I'll hold until I get home" now about to flood their car seat 🤔

There has to be. Especially in the larger cities. Maybe not a full on accident but definitely some desperation happening. When I visited Chicago a few weeks ago I couldn’t help but notice just how few public bathrooms there were even at the train stations. So someone somewhere is definitely desperately regretting not peeing at work/stores about now.

Edited by sammilove (see edit history)

I think the reason we don't see many accidents is that accidents are comparatively rare but that in a large enough population they happen probably every day, but with so many people we probably don't notice or don't see the person having the accident most of the time and they probably covered it up.

But at any given time people's bladders are always filling so you have to figure that at least a significant percentage of the population has to pee at any given time and that at least a good percentage of them have to pee desperately but are being delayed. In a city of millions of people you have to figure that any given point there have to be a least thousands of people who are on the brink of bursting and all looking for a toilet, and in the cities where there is often more people than toilets that can result in lots of interesting situations!

On 10/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, Wetch said:

I agree, but I would expand car wetting to transport wetting. Adding busses, trains, planes etc. And I would expect that both latchkey and bedwettings have a significant spike during the weekends. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, sammilove said:

There has to be. Especially in the larger cities. Maybe not a full on accident but definitely some desperation happening. When I visited Chicago a few weeks ago I couldn’t help but notice just how few public bathrooms there were even at the train stations. So someone somewhere is definitely desperately regretting not peeing at work/stores about now.

Train wettings, train desperation, bus stop desperation, can't hold it and your stop is one or two away, especially during rush hour, can be the stuff of omo fantasy but also super embarrassing. Great, now I'll ride the train more often to keep an eye out 😉

I've never witnessed any wettings in person other than my own. The closest I came to witnessing someone else's wetting is a girl saying she peed her pants during the jumpscare in Zootopia. It was dark so I couldn't see if she really did or not. (If she did it couldn't have been super embarrassing for her if she loudly announced it to everyone in the theater)

Though I have heard both female classmates and teachers speaking of female wettings, one of which was her own and she spoke of it casually as though it was no big deal.

I love female wettings but I wouldn't want anyone to be super embarrassed in real life. When I was younger I wished there would be female wettings and now I feel like "careful what you wished for." But at least there are some who are casual about it, some who laugh about it, and, easily the best kind of wetting, those who enjoy it. (It did cross my mind, if women wet themselves more than men, maybe this makes them more casual about it, with maybe some exceptions of course) I really hope that the vast majority of wettings are at the very worst only mildly embarrassing and they can get over it. (I'm sure there are some that are worse though and I'd feel horrible for anyone in that situation) But in regards to the OP, lots of people on this site alone wet ourselves for fun.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:03 AM, NotARealName1 said:

The research suggests that between 20% to 30% of women in their 20s/30s have occasional issues of incontinence. If that's true, in a city of 1,000,000 there is an average 273 young women that have an accident each day. 

Reference: https://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/features/incontinence-womans-little-secret

Read through the article and the linked pages. Would seem it's definitely urge incontinence that I have, definitely something that runs in my family on my mother's side, but my spine was also damaged by an infection when I was younger. Minor damage, but still damage.

Wonder if mental state is also a factor? I've always had a tendency to become so focused on things that I'd forget to eat or use the bathroom; and I've also noticed that I've been having more accidents ever since I got used to them and stopped considering them embarrassing.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, GreenChile said:

It's sometimes weird but I often wonder when sitting in traffic if there's anyone sitting in that same traffic who maybe had those famous last words "I'll hold until I get home" now about to flood their car seat 🤔

On a recent trip with my wife and her sister, I thought they were both going to wet themselves in the car when we got caught in a construction zone.  It was fun watching both of them squirming with a hand tucked up in their crotch.

Ok so after a few days of truly sitting down thinking about this scenario, excluding anyone with a medical condition, I am genuinely curious to just how many people, maybe a rough percentage, could be wetting themselves at any given moment by pure accident. I excluded medical condition and excluding minors for obvious reasons, but how many are right now trying to unlock their front door or are running to the bathroom and losing the battle. How many are on a bus or in a car at this very moment starting to leak and know they won't make it home.