Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

RPG: Leia's Adventure Official Thread

I figured I needed a place to post updates and progress for my current project. I didn't occur to me to make this until just now. This is a good place to dump any issues too should it be needed.

So. Hi. There's nothing I can really say here that hasn't been said on the page itself. I'm glad to see the reception to the game has been great! and I intend on putting out an update very soon!

--Right Now I'm working on!--
Part 2 of Chapter 1, some minor changes to parts.

Finally have something to post here: First thing's first, a big thank you to everybody who's played and an especially big thank you to people for reporting any and all issues encountered.

Second things second: I'm  going to try and release the continuation to chapter 1 soon along with some additional things.

The first thing is that I'm totally re-scaling combat to make it easier, and so special items play a bigger part in combat. I'm working on a risk/reward system for hydration and I'm finishing up the first treasure hunt in the Cave. All this shouldn't take long but I'm not going to give an estimated time.

Also because I have dumb stuff sitting in the games folder, here's a funny thing.

A side by side of Phoebe's old model and current model

image.png

That's all! See you soon~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't think I'd be returning to this thread so soon.

So when I first started working on the game, I had intended to implement messing and poop desperation. The whole mechanic was going to be toggled on/off by talking to Mr. Carver, the man in the Outhouse (which is why that side quest has him asking Leia whether girls poop or not.) The idea was scrapped because of how much work it would take to implement messing, and to iron out the conflicts it would have with bladder desperation. Ultimately it was just too much work for me. However, I'm writing this out now because I do have a new idea, and that is to let that small sidequest affect various scenes in the games with light references to poop and even farting. All toggleable so they can be switched on/off at any time.

So simply put: Would people be interested in a toggleable switch that enables mild references and alternate cutscenes that include poop and farting?

P.S: The other reason I'm mentioning this is because some of the basics for bowel desperation are still in game. If anybody is interested in picking up on it and making a "poop patch" so to speak, then they have my full blessing and my support when I can lend it.

9 hours ago, SeaJayCee said:

So when I first started working on the game, I had intended to implement messing and poop desperation. The whole mechanic was going to be toggled on/off by talking to Mr. Carver, the man in the Outhouse (which is why that side quest has him asking Leia whether girls poop or not.) The idea was scrapped because of how much work it would take to implement messing, and to iron out the conflicts it would have with bladder desperation. Ultimately it was just too much work for me. However, I'm writing this out now because I do have a new idea, and that is to let that small sidequest affect various scenes in the games with light references to poop and even farting. All toggleable so they can be switched on/off at any time.

So simply put: Would people be interested in a toggleable switch that enables mild references and alternate cutscenes that include poop and farting?

P.S: The other reason I'm mentioning this is because some of the basics for bowel desperation are still in game. If anybody is interested in picking up on it and making a "poop patch" so to speak, then they have my full blessing and my support when I can lend it.

Id like to see that implemented for sure. Not enough omo games in english also have stuff for poop. Plus being toggleable means if peeps don't like it they can just disable it

On 12/14/2021 at 6:53 AM, SeaJayCee said:

Another vote in favor here

More probing questions so I can fix this issue for the future.

So far in game there are five secret scenes: distinguished by the fact they grant XP for being found.

I'm curious what scenes you've all discovered and if anybody has found them all so I can make them a little more recognizable in the future.

If my memory serves me right, four of the secret scenes are the following:

1. Using the toilet at Leia's house for the first time while there is no toilet paper, so Leia wipes herself with the pages of an adjascent book.
2. Leia stumbles upon Phoebe using the sink to relieve herself, once she re-enters her house for the first time.
3. Leia using the toilet at the barracks while two guards sit on either side of her to use the remaining toilets.
4. Leia taking too long to finish her business in the goblin lair toilet, making Sidney to catch a glimpse of her privates as the latter got too frightened by a bat, having to ask Leia for help.

Edited by AOH (see edit history)
5 hours ago, AOH said:

If my memory serves me right, four of the secret scenes are the following:

1. Using the toilet at Leia's house for the first time while there is no toilet paper, so Leia wipes herself with the pages of an adjascent book.
2. Leia stumbles upon Phoebe using the sink to relieve herself, once she re-enters her house for the first time.
3. Leia using the toilet at the barracks while two guards sit on either side of her to use the remaining toilets.
4. Leia taking too long to finish her business in the goblin lair toilet, making Sidney to catch a glimpse of her privates as the latter got too frightened by a bat, having to ask Leia for help.

Oh yeah, I remember the first three scenes now. I'll check that scene in the goblin cave. Should be interesting. Thank you for refreshing my memory. 

Edited by NaquanH (see edit history)
On 12/14/2021 at 5:23 PM, GadgetCereal said:

I would be great. I already like this game a lot, but having the poop mechanic would be even better. Of course, the toggle switch is necessary as many don't like those aspects.

• 2 months later...

So recently I've been pondering something while working. I actually purchased a few royalty-free songs for use in my game because I liked them so much and that's when I started wondering.

I've been working pretty hard on this game, most of the stuff added like Rolo's cover art, the royalty-free music, and anything else going forward I would be paying for out of my own pocket. With the release of part 2, I'm curious if anybody would be interested if I were to set up a patreon to cover costs for the game. I'd like to actually work with an artist and pay them properly for any in-game art, which is something I can't actually cover on my own monthly income.

I understand if people wouldn't be interested. I have only released one part, but all the work done in this game, sprites, maps, story, I do all by myself and it's quite a lengthy process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GadgetCereal said:

This seems to be a recurring issue for people. Would you mind telling me what you did before going into the bathhouse?

Leia had story accident, she came back to town, but also there was small bug before coming to town - Sidney gliched while talking to Leia. In town I was also talking with few npcs. I'm not sure if it's important, but right before accident scene I also fighted with one group of imps and both girls we wearing mining hat

image.png.30e3a0c94c01250061237929e00ac9c2.png

image.png.a41a8761657ec704e6c9cfcf5d997b19.png

Edited by JuliusSlouchy (see edit history)