Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why Aren't More Women Concerned With Bathroom Related Matters?

Have you noticed the average woman being reluctant to talk about bathrooms?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Have you noticed the average woman being reluctant to talk about bathrooms?

• Yes.
    • No.

This came up in a conversation I had in private and I feel it deserves a thread of its own. Maybe this doesn't apply as much to people on this particular message board, seeing as the women here are naturally more interested in the bathroom and things of that nature than the average member of the population, but I have noticed in the general population more women don't seem to be overly concerned with the bathroom situation despite the fact that bathrooms have a big effect on women's lives. Like whenever I would try talking about it with my family they would always say it was weird for a woman to be chatting about bathroom related matters and I'm like, how could women not be chatting about the bathroom, it such a big important thing. But most women seem to just wait in line and hold it and think nothing of it or question anything related to bathrooms.

Obviously the average person isn't going to be as fixated on it as I am, I don't think there that many people in the world are that fixated on something, but you would think that the average woman would be more invested in the fact that they are often not enough bathrooms for women or that we get stuck holding it all the time.

Has anybody else noticed this in general? Again I am not talking about people who share the fetish, as they are naturally more interested in this, but the average woman on the street seems to be disinclined to be interested in the bathroom situation or just don't seem to talking about it all that much in general. Maybe bathrooms are just still too taboo and most women feel it is impolite to talk about it.

@Omosashi

"Do you mean talking about "bathrooms" themselves specifically, or talking about their need to pee in general, situations involving bathrooms, etc.?"

Just how bathrooms affect women in general, the fact that there is a lack of female toilets, needing to go to the bathroom, just basically everything in regards to bathrooms really. It seems like the majority of women that I know aren't really interested in the bathroom situation or talking about the bathroom in general, even though I feel it something that affects every woman's life, and yet it's not something that seems to be widely talked about outside of places like this of course.

@DesperateJill

I heard more girls talk about it back in middle and high school. Would mention how badly they have to pee out loud, even if they don't even try to go pee, just sitting there, squirming and holding it, even grabbing themselves a bit sometimes. (Was real torture for me, as well, trying to hide very noticeable certain things myself thanks to them!) They'd also talk about the bathrooms and stuff about them, needing to wait, the status of the bathrooms, etc.

Even had one girl say that she wanted to see my house as we got off the bus stop after school, which I believe was just an excuse to ask where the bathroom was, because she rushed in and just started gushing without even closing the door (just a sliding door with semi-opaque windows so I could still kind of see).

Forgive me for asking, and I'm a guy so I'll admit that I'm not fully aware of such things, but is it really the case that there often aren't enough bathrooms and women constantly have to hold it? I haven't seen this to be a regular problem for any of the women I know, or if it is they never mention it. I just wonder if having such a fetish makes things like this seem like a bigger deal than they are to most people. Or maybe that's just my interpretation of it.

@Omosashi

I have found it is definitely true that younger people are much more inclined to talk about the bathroom than older people. Most of the flack I get for talking about bathrooms all the time comes from my family who seem to think that it's really weird for a girl to be so obsessed with bathrooms as I have been from a very young age. Older people seem especially disinclined towards talking about anything related to bathrooms or excretion in general and seem to find it inappropriate for women to be talking about it.

@JCPee

Honestly at the average place it's not that much of a problem as if there is a line there will be usually a short line but not like an impossibly long line. But at a crowded place or in any outdoor event or in any situation where there is a limited amount of time to use the bathroom it's definitely an issue that women have to deal with on a fairly regular basis, but again I think that most don't really talk about it all that much. Maybe they will talk about it in the line or even mention it after but the majority of people I don't think talk about bathrooms that much in general.

You are definitely right though the fact that I have a fetish makes me basically obsessed with the topic to an abnormal degree, and I think that that is what a lot of people around me pick up on, like why are you so obsessed with bathrooms? I mean I don't expect the average person to be as obsessed with me as it's one of my big interests because of the fetish, but I think that the average woman should be more concerned with the bathroom situation, where as I think most women just silently hold it and never talk about the situation.

5 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

Honestly at the average place it's not that much of a problem as if there is a line there will be usually a short line but not like an impossibly long line. But at a crowded place or in any outdoor event or in any situation where there is a limited amount of time to use the bathroom it's definitely an issue that women have to deal with on a fairly regular basis, but again I think that most don't really talk about it all that much. Maybe they will talk about it in the line or even mention it after but the majority of people I don't think talk about bathrooms that much in general.

You are definitely right though the fact that I have a fetish makes me basically obsessed with the topic to an abnormal degree, and I think that that is what a lot of people around me pick up on, like why are you so obsessed with bathrooms? I mean I don't expect the average person to be as obsessed with me as it's one of my big interests because of the fetish, but I think that the average woman should be more concerned with the bathroom situation, where as I think most women just silently hold it and never talk about the situation.

But surely when there is limited bathroom access it's a problem for men too? At least to some extent obviously there are differences with anatomy that help somewhat. I guess it depends on the circumstances. I do get what you mean though, it's hard having a fetish like this because you want to be able to talk about it and share it, but at the same time you know that people will think you're weird for having such an interest.

2 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

I think most women just silently hold it and never talk about the situation.

To be fair, that's a bit of the fun for some of us fetishists. If every woman is disinclined to even mention the need, let alone bathrooms (or asking where one is), it's easy to imagine how full they may actually be and are just silently bursting at the seams struggling not to show their need, putting off openly holding themselves/crossing/etc. as long as possible. Every pair of crossed legs could be a silently full bladder that only gets fuller and fuller since they refuse to speak up about it. The more desperate they get, the more they worry about admitting it because of how visibly desperate they'd start to be, so they just try to keep that peehole mentally welded shut because the moment they admit it is when they know they can no longer hide it. It's easier to hide as long as it's kept secret, perhaps.

I know quite a few women who openly admit their need to pee.

One lady I work with will come out of a long meeting, come outside with me for a cigarette while hopping about saying she’s desperate for a pee. This usually leaves me needing to hide an erection.

Another one I’ve mentioned on here before that I set next to at work often starts conversations about peeing, such as she’d better not have another cup of tea in the afternoon or she’ll wet herself on the way home. This also usually gets me aroused but I’m normally sitting so I hope it’s not too noticeable.

And another female friend that knows of my fetish will often mention her need to pee just for my benefit. 

@PrincessPeeach

"does that make sense?"

Actually I think you summed it up pretty much perfectly in all honesty. It is true that I am just obsessive with most of the things that interest me in general, and one of those obsessions is the bathroom, particular women and bathrooms. Again I don't expect people to be anywhere near as obsessed with this issue as I am because I am just obsessive by my nature, and you are definitely write a lot of people will actually talk about bathrooms in the moment but to most people it's not seen as a compelling interest and is by most people seen as sort of a weird interests.

Obviously that doesn't apply to the women of this board who are obviously here because they are interested in these matters, but I think that I'm interested in the bathroom just related to even the practical aspects in the history of bathrooms just outside of the fetish aspects, although I will admit that at the fetish is probably the main reason for the interest, if I wasn't fascinated by women having full bladders and experiencing desperation and frustration I wouldn't be as interested in the topic just in general.

I guess partially it comes by constantly being told when I was younger that my interests were weird or inappropriate for a young girl because my parents and family were sort of thinking that bathrooms were like a taboo subject or something gross or not something that young lady should be talking about, or that anyone should be talking about, but especially young ladies I guess. To me the real feminine mystique has to do with bathroom related matters! There are still large numbers of people out there who I think genuinely think that women don't go to the bathroom.

But I do sometimes find it still weird that given that the bathroom situation affects women often on a daily basis that more women don't seem interested in talking about it. Like if you bring up bathroom lines or potty parity as a topic most will be shrugging just like the that's the way things are not much you can do about it and never give it any other thought. I guess most women are pretty accepting of the bathroom status quo no matter how inconvenient or unfair it may be.

But you are right that for all intents and purposes it's probably not going to be changing anytime soon, but it does seem weird that it's something that probably every woman has experienced fairly regularly and yet most don't really have that much of a sustained interest in it, if you happen to bring the topic up, but I guess that that's normal. Bathrooms just are sort of a weird interest to most people, even if they are a very practical one, which is probably why more discussion doesn't happen and which is probably why things remain as they are and probably always will for the foreseeable future.

I suppose the ironic, and some would say poetic thing, is that now that I have found myself in a regular situation of wanting for a toilet and experiencing regular female desperation and bathroom inconveniences, where as before I mostly talked about it from an outsider standpoint as only an occasional inconvenience has really kicked things into overdrive even compared to before. But I think in light of Covid bathroom access should be on more people's minds, but I guess it isn't, but it is very much on mine like never before. I don't think that will ever change!

Honestly there isnt really a "bathroom situation" to speak of. I dont see access to bathrooms being an issue very often. I mean when youre driving theres always reststops or gasstations. When youre in town theres usually bathrooms in shops or even public ones. In the mall theres always bathrooms.

We dont talk about it because there isnt really a situation to talk about Im sorry to say (since you seem to want there to be).

6 minutes ago, PrincessPeeach said:

Right? I feel like I travel a lot, and in all my travels I’ve literally NEVER had this problem. I mean maybe at some really crowded events, but I think it’s expected that if you’re in an elbow to elbow crowd, there’s gonna be a line for everything….not just the bathrooms. 

Thats actualy true I didnt think about that. Concerts or festivals is probably the one thing where there actualy is a bathroom issue, and is mostly why I avoid those 😄

To be fair those are mostly the type of situations that I am talking about as well. I mean on the average day there is not going to be a line 50 long but it any crowded place you generally do encounter lines long waits and delays getting to the bathroom. And then when there is a limited amount of time to go to the bathroom and you are in a large group sometimes you don't get to go, and some places don't have adequate bathrooms. So it's not like in every day constant thing but it is sort of a regular thing at crowded places.

I actually DO hear a lot of women talk about bathroom issues. But more in the context of "general life problems". I think for a lot of women it is seen as quite normal they cannot just go pee everywhere. Or that at larger events they will have to wait some time for the bathroom. Delaying because you don't want to use a dirty toilet, or getting really desperate in a car because you don't want to pee outside are "problems" too, but they are not often addressed as injustices.

As I know you, @DesperateJill, you probably focus on the question why it is unequal for men and women. You see, for most women the bathroom situation is as it is. They don't compare that obsessively with the situation for men. Yeah, I got lot of comments "it's easy for you men", but also there it's always in that tone of "that's the way life is". So as a guy, yes, I see a lot of female toilet trouble happening. But because they don't really compare their situation to mine, they see it as a normal thing of life. And they say things like @Euin: I just don't go to events that pose that problem.

A second thing I noticed: women just like to talk and that's their way to bear the situation. They are not so obsessed with problem solving as most men. So I think you probably are more on a "male side of thinking". 😉

@DespLoveDennis

I again realize that I am abnormally obsessed with the topic, which again is at least heavily due to the fact that I have a particular fetish and fixation on that, but with fixation on these differences between men and women comes to the bathroom probably as a result of my experiences throughout life of often being the only woman in a group full of men.

But you are entirely right, although women will often talk about the situations they don't talk about them that much. Most will just shrug it off like that is just the way things are. A 45 minute line while the men's room is empty, yeah it sucks, but hey what are you going to do? Or even like my coworkers at work will complain maybe about the fact that we are waiting to use the bathroom but that's all they say they don't really say that oh this is super unfair, this is an injustice, they just sort of be like well I guess that's just the way it is.

And I think that that's why a lot of problems in this world don't really get solved, by men and women alike. I think that most people, unless given some major reason to think otherwise, are sort of socialized to accept things the way they are without question, and when it has always been that way you just sort of accept it as that's just the way things are. And I think that like me when I was younger before I heard about potty parity or any of this other stuff is I thought similar. Yes it seemed like it was unfair but I figured that there was probably some reason why that was, and that it was just something that couldn't be helped, otherwise people would have done something about it.

Again I don't think it's fair to say that problem solving is a primarily masculine trait, although I do think that men just don't put up with as much. And in regards to bathroom specifically I think that this just isn't a problem for men, so it's just not on their radar, as we have discussed numerous times both here and in private. And since men hold the power and often make the decisions without consulting women or considering their needs. It's a woman's issue, so they leave it to the women to solve, and since there doesn't seem to be a solution in sight or women don't have the necessary power or resources, the women may talk about it, they may complain about it and say that is bad, but with no clear solution all you can really do is talk about how the situation sucks as a way of coping with it, but sometimes there just isn't a solution.

And that is something that I think I am gradually coming to accept to some degree, but it's just not going to be possible for women to relieve themselves as easily as men and a lot of situations or in most situations. Sometimes there just won't be a toilet available or there won't be enough time for all of the women to use the toilet in a limited amount of time.

So I kind of get it when you see a situation like that and you say I guess that's just the way it is. When there is no solution in sight that's all you really can do is resign yourself to the situation, but that still doesn't make it any less frustrating or make you recognize what's going on any less. But I think that compared to most people I tend to fixate on things and question things more. But I think the average woman sees the situation and be like, it sucks, but that's just the way it is, so what are you going to do?

2 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@DespLoveDennis

I again realize that I am abnormally obsessed with the topic, which again is at least heavily due to the fact that I have a particular fetish and fixation on that, but with fixation on these differences between men and women comes to the bathroom probably as a result of my experiences throughout life of often being the only woman in a group full of men.

But you are entirely right, although women will often talk about the situations they don't talk about them that much. Most will just shrug it off like that is just the way things are. A 45 minute line while the men's room is empty, yeah it sucks, but hey what are you going to do? Or even like my coworkers at work will complain maybe about the fact that we are waiting to use the bathroom but that's all they say they don't really say that oh this is super unfair, this is an injustice, they just sort of be like well I guess that's just the way it is.

And I think that that's why a lot of problems in this world don't really get solved, by men and women alike. I think that most people, unless given some major reason to think otherwise, are sort of socialized to accept things the way they are without question, and when it has always been that way you just sort of accept it as that's just the way things are. And I think that like me when I was younger before I heard about potty parity or any of this other stuff is I thought similar. Yes it seemed like it was unfair but I figured that there was probably some reason why that was, and that it was just something that couldn't be helped, otherwise people would have done something about it.

Again I don't think it's fair to say that problem solving is a primarily masculine trait, although I do think that men just don't put up with as much. And in regards to bathroom specifically I think that this just isn't a problem for men, so it's just not on their radar, as we have discussed numerous times both here and in private. And since men hold the power and often make the decisions without consulting women or considering their needs. It's a woman's issue, so they leave it to the women to solve, and since there doesn't seem to be a solution in sight or women don't have the necessary power or resources, the women may talk about it, they may complain about it and say that is bad, but with no clear solution all you can really do is talk about how the situation sucks as a way of coping with it, but sometimes there just isn't a solution.

And that is something that I think I am gradually coming to accept to some degree, but it's just not going to be possible for women to relieve themselves as easily as men and a lot of situations or in most situations. Sometimes there just won't be a toilet available or there won't be enough time for all of the women to use the toilet in a limited amount of time.

So I kind of get it when you see a situation like that and you say I guess that's just the way it is. When there is no solution in sight that's all you really can do is resign yourself to the situation, but that still doesn't make it any less frustrating or make you recognize what's going on any less. But I think that compared to most people I tend to fixate on things and question things more. But I think the average woman sees the situation and be like, it sucks, but that's just the way it is, so what are you going to do?

The issue is that there isnt really a way to solve it. Women take longer in the bathrooms and we go more often, for various reasons (such as periods for example). So when theres a lot of people there will also be lines. Its just basic biology, That coupled to the fact that I really dont even see it as a problem as there usually is bathroom access in most places makes it a bit of a pointless thing to discuss.

What we could discuss is then bathroom access to public events. Its simple, get more porta potties on events. I still wouldnt go there thou as I am genuinly disgusted by porta potties but not everyone is me lol.

On 9/24/2021 at 5:21 PM, PrincessPEEach said:

I’m not gonna lie, I have to say that even on a fetish website dedicated to people who love pee, you do come across as obsessed with bathroom matters…..which is fine, to each their own, it’s simply an observation. 

I think most women are accustomed to the situation as it is, and don’t feel the need to talk about something that they don’t believe can be changed (the number of bathrooms or the fact that they are locked/unlocked) . I feel like I’m general, women are pretty open about their bathroom needs, especially with other women. They’re often stating out loud that they need to pee/are going to pee/want company to go to the bathroom etc., waaaaaay more so than men. 

But I think maybe the difference is that most women are concerned with their need in the moment (and may talk about that, in the moment), where you are obsessed overall with talking about bathroom needs, bathrooms in general, and women’s access/lack of access to them overall, at all times. This just isn’t really super interesting for most people in the same sort of sustained way it seems to be for you. Again, no judgement. I think it’s cool we all have different interests and levels of interest.  For most people I just think it’s a passing point of discussion thats not interesting or even a topic of conversation outside of circumstances where they need the bathroom, hence less discussion of it. 

does that make sense? 

I agree with this. The vast majority of women OCCASIONALLY are significantly delayed or prevented from peeing when they are very desperate due to bathroom lines or lack of toilet availability, and when it happens they generally experience it as a modest temporary frustration that only occupies their minds until soon after they get to go. Outside of the moment, it doesn't usually preoccupy them as an important social issue that requires much attention or an activist response, so much as a mundane inconvenience that happens from time to time but doesn't have a major impact on their lives. As a result, for most people, bathroom lines make for about as compelling a sustained conversation as waiting at traffic lights, or sitting through YouTube ads, or any other number of everyday annoyances.

I think it is related to why I wonder why women are less concernced with peeing in general given how much harder it is for women to pee than guys like having to sit down to pee in dirty bathrooms and having to wipe and take longer etc. That goes hand in hand with concerns with bathroom more broadly. I do wonder why too as to why not more women are jealous of how easy guys have it or even realize it? 

@provox

It's interesting and I made some polls like a decade ago about things such as women's bathroom lines and potty parity. Most of the people who answered the women's bathroom line survey indicated that bathroom lines were a fairly regular part of life and an inconvenience, but on the potty parity poll most people said that although they thought it would be nice that it was a minor issue and they really didn't seem to think that it was going to make any significant impact or would be here anytime soon on a large scale. https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/474266/results

https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/540072/results
And again I think just the fact that it has something to do with bathrooms and just the fact that it has the word potty and it makes people automatically start laughing at that even when it could be of benefit to them. So yeah I don't expect that toilet activism is over going to be a major thing anytime soon, and I don't expect to see anything change anytime soon.

And again I agree it's not like it's in every single day problem. As a person who barely goes anywhere I rarely encounter gargantuan lines. However I can still remember when growing up and when I used to be out of the house more whenever I went to the city or whenever I went to a crowded place the lines were truly astonishing, and I think that that is the norm in most crowded places, but again I think it's something that most people don't seem to view as a huge problem, even if it's extremely inconvenient sometimes.

Obviously I'm kind of fixated on it because I'm an obsessive person in general, and bathrooms are one of my strongest interests, but you are right the average person, even if it affects them directly, is not hugely interested in it for a large sustained conversation about it the way someone like me would be. It's something that most people rarely ever think about except when it's actually happening, and then quickly is forgotten about as soon as the situation is over.

@Angusburger

"I think it is related to why I wonder why women are less concernced with peeing in general given how much harder it is for women to pee than guys like having to sit down to pee in dirty bathrooms and having to wipe and take longer etc. That goes hand in hand with concerns with bathroom more broadly. I do wonder why too as to why not more women are jealous of how easy guys have it or even realize it?"

I think it goes back to privilege because if you have never had the privilege of being able to go as easily as guys do you just sort of never question it, you just sort of accepted as the way things are. And when your situation is good and when things are good people tend not to question things as much. But before I got my job where I had to hold it for much of the day I thought about stuff like that from time to time but until it affected me directly it wasn't as big of a fixation as it is now.

I think that we are sort of fascinated in this from the same point of view, but unlike you I will say that as you frequently ask if women feel inferior since they can't pee as easily as guys I can say that the obvious answer is that most women just never really think about it. Some women might envy the convenience but again as most people have said here the average woman doesn't think about it all that often. I think that most women are probably more envious of the power that men hold in society in so many other ways and that peeing is probably far down the list for most people, which is totally reasonable and everything like that.

People on a board like this might be more interested in pissing in a broad sense of the word since we are all more fixated on bathrooms and peeing and desperation and things of that nature.

When it comes to me specifically I think the fact that I fixate on the specific gender differences when it comes to the bathroom is again because compared to the average woman I think that I have experienced far more situations where the contrast has just been glaringly obvious. Again my experiences with that have really shaped a lot of my experiences and fixations as well as a lot of my fictional stories that I write in my blog.

Specifically from a very young age I have very often been a woman surrounded in a very male environment, so the ease with which men can relieve themselves in contrast to women has been a lot more obvious.

Growing up I mostly hung out with my boy cousins and their guy friends so I was often the only girl in the group and when it comes to time to use the bathroom and there is a huge line at the ladies room and not at the men's room you really notice it. When your parents will take the boys to use the boys room and then if there is no line then maybe worry about the girls room and prioritizes them going you notice it. When they can pee in urinals in the car while you have to hold it you notice it. When they are able to go to the bathroom on the trees and bushes and you have to hold it you realize it. When in every crowded situation the guys around you never have a wait and you wait a long time to go to the bathroom you realize it a lot more.

Then we get to school when you had a limited amount of time to use the bathroom pass and the boys bathroom was right next to the classroom that the girls bathroom was way out of the way meaning that the girls could go once a day while the guys to go multiple times you notice it.

Then when you get to high school and because of drugs in the girls bathroom they locked all of the girls bathrooms but one so that now you only have one bathroom open with five stalls for hundreds of girls and four minutes between class while all of the boys bathrooms are open and that there is never a line for the boys bathroom you really notice it!

And then years later when you finally get a job for the first time and it's an outdoor job where your male coworkers are relieving themselves regularly and you are sitting there with your legs crossed all day wow do you ever notice it!

So again it's just a matter of personal experience. I think if you were in a family of all women and they all waited to go to the bathroom all the time the difference wouldn't be as glaringly obvious. But when you are very consistently in a situation where you are the only one waiting, the only woman waiting, a long time or not getting to go or having to hold it for a prolonged amount of time and every guy around you is getting to relieve themselves and have a pee party while you are holding it.

So from the very earliest age my interactions have been guys can pee, you Jill will have to hold it. So when you are in that situation very frequently surrounded by that and inundated it at from a young age, being a woman with a small bladder in a very male environment, trust me you notice it a lot more than the average woman and that's how it can become a fixation!

4 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

@provox

It's interesting and I made some polls like a decade ago about things such as women's bathroom lines and potty parity. Most of the people who answered the women's bathroom line survey indicated that bathroom lines were a fairly regular part of life and an inconvenience, but on the potty parity poll most people said that although they thought it would be nice that it was a minor issue and they really didn't seem to think that it was going to make any significant impact or would be here anytime soon on a large scale. https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/474266/results

https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/540072/results
And again I think just the fact that it has something to do with bathrooms and just the fact that it has the word potty and it makes people automatically start laughing at that even when it could be of benefit to them. So yeah I don't expect that toilet activism is over going to be a major thing anytime soon, and I don't expect to see anything change anytime soon.

And again I agree it's not like it's in every single day problem. As a person who barely goes anywhere I rarely encounter gargantuan lines. However I can still remember when growing up and when I used to be out of the house more whenever I went to the city or whenever I went to a crowded place the lines were truly astonishing, and I think that that is the norm in most crowded places, but again I think it's something that most people don't seem to view as a huge problem, even if it's extremely inconvenient sometimes.

Obviously I'm kind of fixated on it because I'm an obsessive person in general, and bathrooms are one of my strongest interests, but you are right the average person, even if it affects them directly, is not hugely interested in it for a large sustained conversation about it the way someone like me would be. It's something that most people rarely ever think about except when it's actually happening, and then quickly is forgotten about as soon as the situation is over.

@Angusburger

"I think it is related to why I wonder why women are less concernced with peeing in general given how much harder it is for women to pee than guys like having to sit down to pee in dirty bathrooms and having to wipe and take longer etc. That goes hand in hand with concerns with bathroom more broadly. I do wonder why too as to why not more women are jealous of how easy guys have it or even realize it?"

I think it goes back to privilege because if you have never had the privilege of being able to go as easily as guys do you just sort of never question it, you just sort of accepted as the way things are. And when your situation is good and when things are good people tend not to question things as much. But before I got my job where I had to hold it for much of the day I thought about stuff like that from time to time but until it affected me directly it wasn't as big of a fixation as it is now.

I think that we are sort of fascinated in this from the same point of view, but unlike you I will say that as you frequently ask if women feel inferior since they can't pee as easily as guys I can say that the obvious answer is that most women just never really think about it. Some women might envy the convenience but again as most people have said here the average woman doesn't think about it all that often. I think that most women are probably more envious of the power that men hold in society in so many other ways and that peeing is probably far down the list for most people, which is totally reasonable and everything like that.

People on a board like this might be more interested in pissing in a broad sense of the word since we are all more fixated on bathrooms and peeing and desperation and things of that nature.

When it comes to me specifically I think the fact that I fixate on the specific gender differences when it comes to the bathroom is again because compared to the average woman I think that I have experienced far more situations where the contrast has just been glaringly obvious. Again my experiences with that have really shaped a lot of my experiences and fixations as well as a lot of my fictional stories that I write in my blog.

Specifically from a very young age I have very often been a woman surrounded in a very male environment, so the ease with which men can relieve themselves in contrast to women has been a lot more obvious.

Growing up I mostly hung out with my boy cousins and their guy friends so I was often the only girl in the group and when it comes to time to use the bathroom and there is a huge line at the ladies room and not at the men's room you really notice it. When your parents will take the boys to use the boys room and then if there is no line then maybe worry about the girls room and prioritizes them going you notice it. When they can pee in urinals in the car while you have to hold it you notice it. When they are able to go to the bathroom on the trees and bushes and you have to hold it you realize it. When in every crowded situation the guys around you never have a wait and you wait a long time to go to the bathroom you realize it a lot more.

Then we get to school when you had a limited amount of time to use the bathroom pass and the boys bathroom was right next to the classroom that the girls bathroom was way out of the way meaning that the girls could go once a day while the guys to go multiple times you notice it.

Then when you get to high school and because of drugs in the girls bathroom they locked all of the girls bathrooms but one so that now you only have one bathroom open with five stalls for hundreds of girls and four minutes between class while all of the boys bathrooms are open and that there is never a line for the boys bathroom you really notice it!

And then years later when you finally get a job for the first time and it's an outdoor job where your male coworkers are relieving themselves regularly and you are sitting there with your legs crossed all day wow do you ever notice it!

So again it's just a matter of personal experience. I think if you were in a family of all women and they all waited to go to the bathroom all the time the difference wouldn't be as glaringly obvious. But when you are very consistently in a situation where you are the only one waiting, the only woman waiting, a long time or not getting to go or having to hold it for a prolonged amount of time and every guy around you is getting to relieve themselves and have a pee party while you are holding it.

So from the very earliest age my interactions have been guys can pee, you Jill will have to hold it. So when you are in that situation very frequently surrounded by that and inundated it at from a young age, being a woman with a small bladder in a very male environment, trust me you notice it a lot more than the average woman and that's how it can become a fixation!

I don’t know where you are but if you are in the UK you might be interested in joining the British Toilet Association, which campaigns for better public toilets and so on

On 9/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, Euin said:

Honestly there isnt really a "bathroom situation" to speak of.

Pretty much this. I imagine women roughly fall into one of the two categories:

1) Those shy about "bathroom situation" - they are mostly driven to desperation due to their shyness and reluctance to vocalize their need. It's in their programming, if they can't tell their friends they need to go, how do you expect them to openly speak to everyone about such matters?

2) Those not shy about "bathroom situation" - these women don't have such a problem to begin with: they will always vocalize and will make finding them a toilet a #1 priority; they will use the bushes; they will use the gents if there's a line to the ladies.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:38 PM, provox said:

they generally experience it as a modest temporary frustration that only occupies their minds until soon after they get to go

Yes! Just go to Twitter where people dump their thoughts of the moment for confirmation - you'll see a ton of tweets like "stuck in traffic, about to burst, shouldn't 've had that coffee". Those usually don't go anywhere and don't have any follow-up. She forgets about the situation as soon as she goes, unless there was some epic story involved or unless she's the kind that likes to immortalize her every thought and action.

@Pisikak

"Pretty much this. I imagine women roughly fall into one of the two categories:

1) Those shy about "bathroom situation" - they are mostly driven to desperation due to their shyness and reluctance to vocalize their need. It's in their programming, if they can't tell their friends they need to go, how do you expect them to openly speak to everyone about such matters?

2) Those not shy about "bathroom situation" - these women don't have such a problem to begin with: they will always vocalize and will make finding them a toilet a #1 priority; they will use the bushes; they will use the gents if there's a line to the ladies."

I fall somewhere between the two extremes, but I am with friends and family and I know there's a bathroom available I won't be shy about vocalizing the fact that I need to get to a bathroom. However if I know there isn't a bathroom nearby I usually won't say anything because I feel it's like giving away power to others to let them know that you have to go to the bathroom. I also won't use the bushes or use the men's room short of an emergency, in fact I only did that once relatively recently. As bad as I have to go I would still wait in the line.

"Yes! Just go to Twitter where people dump their thoughts of the moment for confirmation - you'll see a ton of tweets like "stuck in traffic, about to burst, shouldn't 've had that coffee". Those usually don't go anywhere and don't have any follow-up. She forgets about the situation as soon as she goes, unless there was some epic story involved or unless she's the kind that likes to immortalize her every thought and action."

I think because when you have to go you can't think about anything else and if you have social media where you are prone to share your thoughts your thoughts will probably be "oh my God I really have to pee" once you finally do get to go to the bathroom usually stop thinking about it because it's no longer an issue.

@WetDave

"I don’t know where you are but if you are in the UK you might be interested in joining the British Toilet Association, which campaigns for better public toilets and so on"

I'm in the United States and I think they have is the rough equivalent called the American restroom Association.

I notice not only a lot of women not talking about it, but having (I assume) a tendency to go at the first urge and they don't even seem concerned about that. I mean women who are going every hour, literally. And I can't help but to think how extremely inconvenient that would be. If that's really how often they have to go, can they even sit through a movie? How did they survive high school? How do they sleep?!

Granted, that's more or less what a lot of girls are told to do as kids, because we're told we'll develop UTIs if we hold it.

@likeyourspell

"I notice not only a lot of women not talking about it, but having (I assume) a tendency to go at the first urge and they don't even seem concerned about that. I mean women who are going every hour, literally. And I can't help but to think how extremely inconvenient that would be. If that's really how often they have to go, can they even sit through a movie? How did they survive high school? How do they sleep?!"

I have learned the hard way that I can hold it for six or seven hours if I have to but I will spend most of that time completely bursting. When I am at home in the bathroom is right there I usually do go every hour or two because otherwise I find it rather distracting. I can easily get through a movie but it is the movies over I go right to the bathroom. High school was absolute agony because they locked most of the girls bathrooms and I wake up constantly when I am sleeping to go to the bathroom and often have dreams where I am searching for a bathroom only to wake up having to go to the bathroom.

"Granted, that's more or less what a lot of girls are told to do as kids, because we're told we'll develop UTIs if we hold it."

I was actually told the opposite as my mom and dad and her sisters and everything like that all said that I should go to the bathroom a lot less. Fortunately though I have never contracted a UTI, although my mom did a couple of times, and unfortunately so did my cat, twice. Apparently in cats males are more prone to UTIs than female and until my cat got a UTI I never knew that. The more you know…