Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Whats the worst part about long lines for women?

Now that there are more people going to malls etc I am seeing lines again. What is the worst part about waiting in line - is it mental/envy where you see guys not having to wait -- or is it the actual lenght of time of wait? Can you often estimate how long the line will take? Is it hearing the flushing sound? Is it feeling embarasshed or not wanting guys to wait for you while you wait in line to go?  Do you often wonder if the bathroom will be clean after so many users before you? 

Or is it really wantng to bend and do other body shifting positions but too embarassed to do it so you try and hide your desire to bend your body etc?

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)

Kind of a bit of both for me to be honest. Obviously its the waiting time, but if I have to go real bad its also the thought that it could be you going into that stall right now. Especially when you get closer and you hear the flushing and sometimes even peeing its like torture.

Personally I do try to avoid such situations thou

2 minutes ago, Euin said:

Kind of a bit of both for me to be honest. Obviously its the waiting time, but if I have to go real bad its also the thought that it could be you going into that stall right now. Especially when you get closer and you hear the flushing and sometimes even peeing its like torture.

Personally I do try to avoid such situations thou

Whenm you hearing the flushing or even the long wait time are you ever tempted to want to bend your knees a bit or body but cant do it out of public embarasshment? I find that (as a guy at least) really helpful when I try and hold it and home and pretend I am in a long line but I imagine in public it is pretty embarassing to do that that it would probably be avoided?

6 minutes ago, Angusburger said:

Whenm you hearing the flushing or even the long wait time are you ever tempted to want to bend your knees a bit or body but cant do it out of public embarasshment? I find that (as a guy at least) really helpful when I try and hold it and home and pretend I am in a long line but I imagine in public it is pretty embarassing to do that that it would probably be avoided?

Yea I guess a bit. I tend to sort of bend my back a bit thou and cross my legs, I feel it helps close the peehole a bit, or it feels like that atleast 😄

19 minutes ago, Euin said:

Yea I guess a bit. I tend to sort of bend my back a bit thou and cross my legs, I feel it helps close the peehole a bit, or it feels like that atleast 😄

I findi bending my knees (which I guess is kinda your back too) to be super helpful but I think it may have to do with more so relieving bladder pressure then actual pee hole (at least for guys). Is it common in long lines to see bodily movement like these in the womens restroom? 

As a crossdresser I also often use ladies room and waiting is really annoying, especially if I'm with a friend who doesn't need a bathroom or used men's room and now he is waiting for me. Of course, than it's the waiting itself, desperation and "key in lock syndrome", that makes me extra desperate when near the bathroom. And last, but not least important, I'm a man and other people can tell that, even when I'm fully dressed as a woman. Because of that it's always a possibility I will be denied the use of ladies room and told to use men's room. It doesn't happen often, but it happened a few times in the past, usually in nightclubs or at concerts, where bouncers gard the bathroom door, so the people wouldn't skip the line and do hanky-panky business in bathrooms. 
Needless to say, in all those cases I lost it due to desperation and nervousness when stopped by the bouncer. On one occasion at highway gas station some woman started screaming at me that I'm a pervert and have to leave women's bathroom, otherwise she will call the police. Of course, I left and had to hold it until I reached next rest stop. Well, after 20 minutes drive I had to change my clothes, peeing was not that urgent any more. 

What is the worst part about waiting in line - is it mental/envy where you see guys not having to wait -- or is it the actual lenght of time of wait?

I think it's a combination of the fact that you know you are in for a long wait while seeing the contrast of the guys not having any wait whatsoever and basically just having it rubbed in your face because when you are there it's much more obvious how stark the difference is.

Can you often estimate how long the line will take?

Sometimes in a general sense if you know how many people are waiting in line and how many stalls there are you can estimate based on past experience how long it's likely to take. But again from sometimes the line being so long you can't count how many people are in it and not knowing how many stalls are available it's kind of hard to estimate. And again you can't predict certain factors like people taking long and hogging the stalls or stalls being clogged and taken out of commission and all of these other factors that are totally unpredictable.

Is it hearing the flushing sound?

I wouldn't say that that's the worst factor but I think that when you are standing in line for a very long time and you hear constant flushing it certainly doesn't help!

Is it feeling embarasshed or not wanting guys to wait for you while you wait in line to go? 

I can say this is often a factor seeing as most of my friends and family are guys so I am very frequently the only woman and I don't want to be the one keeping people waiting and then people tend to get annoyed with you in that case and then there ends up being pure pressure to maybe wait until you can find another bathroom which can be rather frustrating.

Do you often wonder if the bathroom will be clean after so many users before you? 

I'm not germophobic the way other women in my family are but at the same time I do kind of wonder especially when I am in a long line of thinking that all of these women have sat on that toilet seat before me, like maybe dozens of women have had their ass have contact with that toilet seat that I am sitting on, and it is definitely something I think about. Again I don't get germophobic like a lot of people do, but I definitely think my ass is making contact with the seat that all of these other women have sat on with their own naked asses. Sometimes the seat is wet or warm from that.

Or is it really wantng to bend and do other body shifting positions but too embarassed to do it so you try and hide your desire to bend your body etc?

I like to think that I am discreet in that I tried to stay still when I am standing in line but I am twitchy and squirmy and it's kind of hard not to be obvious sometimes which does tend to make you more self-conscious I think.

14 hours ago, DesperateJill said:

What is the worst part about waiting in line - is it mental/envy where you see guys not having to wait -- or is it the actual lenght of time of wait?

I think it's a combination of the fact that you know you are in for a long wait while seeing the contrast of the guys not having any wait whatsoever and basically just having it rubbed in your face because when you are there it's much more obvious how stark the difference is.

Can you often estimate how long the line will take?

Sometimes in a general sense if you know how many people are waiting in line and how many stalls there are you can estimate based on past experience how long it's likely to take. But again from sometimes the line being so long you can't count how many people are in it and not knowing how many stalls are available it's kind of hard to estimate. And again you can't predict certain factors like people taking long and hogging the stalls or stalls being clogged and taken out of commission and all of these other factors that are totally unpredictable.

Is it hearing the flushing sound?

I wouldn't say that that's the worst factor but I think that when you are standing in line for a very long time and you hear constant flushing it certainly doesn't help!

Is it feeling embarasshed or not wanting guys to wait for you while you wait in line to go? 

I can say this is often a factor seeing as most of my friends and family are guys so I am very frequently the only woman and I don't want to be the one keeping people waiting and then people tend to get annoyed with you in that case and then there ends up being pure pressure to maybe wait until you can find another bathroom which can be rather frustrating.

Do you often wonder if the bathroom will be clean after so many users before you? 

I'm not germophobic the way other women in my family are but at the same time I do kind of wonder especially when I am in a long line of thinking that all of these women have sat on that toilet seat before me, like maybe dozens of women have had their ass have contact with that toilet seat that I am sitting on, and it is definitely something I think about. Again I don't get germophobic like a lot of people do, but I definitely think my ass is making contact with the seat that all of these other women have sat on with their own naked asses. Sometimes the seat is wet or warm from that.

I like to think that I am discreet in that I tried to stay still when I am standing in line but I am twitchy and squirmy and it's kind of hard not to be obvious sometimes which does tend to make you more self-conscious I think.

Have men actaully told you to hold it expictly when they see you have a long line or is it more so social pressure either from you or from the guys? Do guys even expect you to just hold it (potentially for another hour etc) while they get to go or do they tend to also hold it anyways? Would you prefer if the guys held it too as solitdary 

On 9/19/2021 at 1:51 AM, Angusburger said:

I findi bending my knees (which I guess is kinda your back too) to be super helpful but I think it may have to do with more so relieving bladder pressure then actual pee hole (at least for guys). Is it common in long lines to see bodily movement like these in the womens restroom? 

Well I think it works differently for men and women. I find crossing my legs or doing anything to sort of squish my peehole together helps, or atleast it feels like it helps. But men have the whole hose thing that doesnt squish the same way haha.

Also I wouldnt say its common but it happens

Honest question: what the hell takes women so damned long?  You just get into the stall, pull your wants down, do your business, pull your pants back up, get out, wash your hands, then leave, right?  That shouldn't take very long in theory (longer than it does for guys, admittedly, but it shouldn't take that long if all you're doing is pissing), and yet, somehow, it does.

@Angusburger

"Have men actaully told you to hold it expictly when they see you have a long line or is it more so social pressure either from you or from the guys? Do guys even expect you to just hold it (potentially for another hour etc) while they get to go or do they tend to also hold it anyways? Would you prefer if the guys held it too as solitdary"

In most cases it's more social pressure but in some cases it simply that you cannot wait and you have a place to be or it's just not realistic to wait and you don't want to be the one holding everybody up. It annoys me in situations where guys get to go and I don't but I wouldn't expect them to hold it in solidarity if they could go to the bathroom and five seconds. I mean if I could go to the bathroom and five seconds but they couldn't I would still use the bathroom and I wasn't going to hold it in solidarity so I wouldn't expect them to do likewise. If you can pee within a reasonable amount of time why wouldn't you is the way I see it? So I kind of wouldn't expect them to hold it if there was no real reason for them to have to as why should everybody be uncomfortable? I'm pragmatic about that fact even if it annoys me.

@D0nt45k

"Honest question: what the hell takes women so damned long?  You just get into the stall, pull your wants down, do your business, pull your pants back up, get out, wash your hands, then leave, right?  That shouldn't take very long in theory (longer than it does for guys, admittedly, but it shouldn't take that long if all you're doing is pissing), and yet, somehow, it does."

There was a study done that shows that women take about twice as long to use the bathroom as men and although it doesn't seem like it should take longer the fact is it just does. But the reason why there along lines is not just because it takes women a little bit longer to go but it's also the fact that women have fewer places to go and more things to take care of so all of these little things tend to add up and that is what ends up causing the lines. It isn't a single factor it's a lot of compounding factors that come together to make the lines really long and inconvenient.

I will admit there are some women know who seem like they take just forever in the bathroom and I really inconsiderate about it. I don't quite understand myself what exactly take so long but it just does seem to take longer for whatever reason and it doesn't seem like that can be helped. But I will admit that there are some people who deliberately take their time and don't really have consideration for those coming after them and I've occasionally done it myself. I don't intentionally take a long time but I also don't rush things either even if there are other people waiting.

4 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Have men actaully told you to hold it expictly when they see you have a long line or is it more so social pressure either from you or from the guys? Do guys even expect you to just hold it (potentially for another hour etc) while they get to go or do they tend to also hold it anyways? Would you prefer if the guys held it too as solitdary 

I think it is not really helpful for a girl who is needing to wee really bad if a boy hold it for solidarity with her, except they play a holding game.

Her urge would be not less strong and her bladder would be still as full  independent if the boy is holding it with her, or not.

It would be more frustrating for a girl if both has to pee urgently, but conditional of some circumstances,  the boy can go, but the girl can not, the girl has to hold it longer, much longer.

I heard girls say in situations like this “that is not fair, i need to wee too.” but the girls had to hold it sometimes for hours longer.

I think it is easier for a boy  to animate a girl to hold it, or to take her away from the waiting line, if the boy says that he would need to go pretty bad too, but they will both wait until they are at home.

Very bad would it be if the boy says on the way home, that he can’t wait any longer, then he stops to take a pee beside the car on the road and the girl would have to hold it until at home.

I had experience where boys pissed beside the car and the girls were waiting in the car with bursting full bladders and had to hold it.

That is bad and really unfair, but for someone who likes it if girls hold a large, full bladder in their bellies, for someone who loves it if girls are needing to wee, but can’t go, can that be really arousing.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:07 AM, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"Have men actaully told you to hold it expictly when they see you have a long line or is it more so social pressure either from you or from the guys? Do guys even expect you to just hold it (potentially for another hour etc) while they get to go or do they tend to also hold it anyways? Would you prefer if the guys held it too as solitdary"

In most cases it's more social pressure but in some cases it simply that you cannot wait and you have a place to be or it's just not realistic to wait and you don't want to be the one holding everybody up. It annoys me in situations where guys get to go and I don't but I wouldn't expect them to hold it in solidarity if they could go to the bathroom and five seconds. I mean if I could go to the bathroom and five seconds but they couldn't I would still use the bathroom and I wasn't going to hold it in solidarity so I wouldn't expect them to do likewise. If you can pee within a reasonable amount of time why wouldn't you is the way I see it? So I kind of wouldn't expect them to hold it if there was no real reason for them to have to as why should everybody be uncomfortable? I'm pragmatic about that fact even if it annoys me.

@D0nt45k

"Honest question: what the hell takes women so damned long?  You just get into the stall, pull your wants down, do your business, pull your pants back up, get out, wash your hands, then leave, right?  That shouldn't take very long in theory (longer than it does for guys, admittedly, but it shouldn't take that long if all you're doing is pissing), and yet, somehow, it does."

There was a study done that shows that women take about twice as long to use the bathroom as men and although it doesn't seem like it should take longer the fact is it just does. But the reason why there along lines is not just because it takes women a little bit longer to go but it's also the fact that women have fewer places to go and more things to take care of so all of these little things tend to add up and that is what ends up causing the lines. It isn't a single factor it's a lot of compounding factors that come together to make the lines really long and inconvenient.

I will admit there are some women know who seem like they take just forever in the bathroom and I really inconsiderate about it. I don't quite understand myself what exactly take so long but it just does seem to take longer for whatever reason and it doesn't seem like that can be helped. But I will admit that there are some people who deliberately take their time and don't really have consideration for those coming after them and I've occasionally done it myself. I don't intentionally take a long time but I also don't rush things either even if there are other people waiting.

Have guys ever rubbed it into your face they got to go and you didnt or are they quiet about it? 

For the  why are womens restroom always having longer lines --> I feel like another reason is that women are willing to wait in line. Asa. guy, the few times I have seen a line even if breif for the mens room other guys/men just walk out and find a different one while women for some reason generally just wait in line anyways

@Angusburger

"Have guys ever rubbed it into your face they got to go and you didnt or are they quiet about it?"

I mean they usually don't rub my face in it and are usually quiet about it but they get annoyed if they have to wait for me specifically so mostly it's just the annoyance of the fact that they can go use their bathroom really quickly because they have no wait while I end up having to get stuck in line or else have to end up leaving so as not to hold up the rest of the group.

"For the  why are womens restroom always having longer lines --> I feel like another reason is that women are willing to wait in line. Asa. guy, the few times I have seen a line even if breif for the mens room other guys/men just walk out and find a different one while women for some reason generally just wait in line anyways"

I think that there are several reasons for this. First men are just a lot less patient than women when it comes to waiting in line, but secondly a guy who finds a short line probably can expect that he can find another bathroom with no line if you just wait a little bit longer. In the case of a woman if she encounters a long restroom line the chances that you are going to find another restroom that has a shorter line are probably not that good, so it just makes more sense to wait in the first line that you come to. I have occasionally left long restroom line hoping that I would find another bathroom with a shorter line only to end up getting stuck waiting in an equally long or longer line when I could have already been waiting in the other line if I had just gotten in that one. Women realize that they aren't going to probably have an opportunity for a shorter line, so you take the first line you can get because you're probably going to have to wait wherever you go. It's a total difference of matter of opportunity versus less opportunity the guys don't have to deal with usually.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:11 PM, Angusburger said:

Have guys ever rubbed it into your face they got to go and you didnt or are they quiet about it? 

For the  why are womens restroom always having longer lines --> I feel like another reason is that women are willing to wait in line. Asa. guy, the few times I have seen a line even if breif for the mens room other guys/men just walk out and find a different one while women for some reason generally just wait in line anyways

I can't think of any situation where that might happen past maybe middle school.  You'd have to be pretty immature and more than a little sadistic to do that sort of thing about something so trivial.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:37 AM, DesperateJill said:

@Angusburger

"Have guys ever rubbed it into your face they got to go and you didnt or are they quiet about it?"

I mean they usually don't rub my face in it and are usually quiet about it but they get annoyed if they have to wait for me specifically so mostly it's just the annoyance of the fact that they can go use their bathroom really quickly because they have no wait while I end up having to get stuck in line or else have to end up leaving so as not to hold up the rest of the group.

"For the  why are womens restroom always having longer lines --> I feel like another reason is that women are willing to wait in line. Asa. guy, the few times I have seen a line even if breif for the mens room other guys/men just walk out and find a different one while women for some reason generally just wait in line anyways"

I think that there are several reasons for this. First men are just a lot less patient than women when it comes to waiting in line, but secondly a guy who finds a short line probably can expect that he can find another bathroom with no line if you just wait a little bit longer. In the case of a woman if she encounters a long restroom line the chances that you are going to find another restroom that has a shorter line are probably not that good, so it just makes more sense to wait in the first line that you come to. I have occasionally left long restroom line hoping that I would find another bathroom with a shorter line only to end up getting stuck waiting in an equally long or longer line when I could have already been waiting in the other line if I had just gotten in that one. Women realize that they aren't going to probably have an opportunity for a shorter line, so you take the first line you can get because you're probably going to have to wait wherever you go. It's a total difference of matter of opportunity versus less opportunity the guys don't have to deal with usually.

Less patient, or just more willing to consider alternatives instead of always making a beeline to the nearest restroom if we know that there are other ones a little further away that probably aren't occupied.  Seriously, when I was in high school, I once saw a line of girls waiting outside a restroom when another girl's room  that was just up a flight of stairs had no line in front of it at all.  They were so preoccupied with their desperation that they didn't think to perhaps try another restroom.  This might have something to do with the tendency of women to go to the restroom in groups instead of by themselves, which I'm convinced has some sort of psychological basis since this wasn't considered a social requirement for over a hundred years, at least in the West.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)

@D0nt45k

"I can't think of any situation where that might happen past maybe middle school.  You'd have to be pretty immature and more than a little sadistic to do that sort of thing about something so trivial."

I always say that immaturity doesn't have an age limit, doubly true if you are in religion or politics!

"Less patient, or just more willing to consider alternatives instead of always making a beeline to the nearest restroom if we know that there are other ones a little further away that probably aren't occupied.  Seriously, when I was in high school, I once saw a line of girls waiting outside a restroom when another girl's room  that was just up a flight of stairs had no line in front of it at all.  They were so preoccupied with their desperation that they didn't think to perhaps try another restroom.  This might have something to do with the tendency of women to go to the restroom in groups instead of by themselves, which I'm convinced has some sort of psychological basis since this wasn't considered a social requirement for over a hundred years, at least in the West."

Women do sometimes go to the bathroom in groups but maybe it's just because women are taught that there is safety in numbers. I don't think it's as big a factor as people think though. I think that everybody tends to go to the bathroom in groups to some degree, when you have been waiting for a while, it's just more noticeable with women because there usually is a line of women outside the bathroom in a crowded situation like that, so it seems like there are more women going to the bathroom.
I think that there is also a tendency that you tend to go to the first bathroom you come across. All of those women in the school probably had to go to the bathroom bad, so as soon as they saw a bathroom they immediately got in line.

And I can understand how you would think that maybe women would see the line and think, you know maybe I can find a bathroom without a line, but that's actually more rare. Generally speaking if you come to a bathroom with a big line in front of it you're not going to just go shortly somewhere else and find a bathroom that is completely free and without a line. I mean maybe in that case you would have but I think that you leave the line at your own peril.

Like one good example was the time that I was at a baseball stadium with my family and I was going around with my cousin and our mutual guy friends. The line to the ladies room was probably like at least 40 minutes long, and the guys were finished in 5 minutes tops, so they figured why don't we just go look for another bathroom for me where maybe there isn't a line. After walking around the entire stadium taking probably 10 or 15 minutes or maybe even 20 or more, we finally come back around to the line and it's even longer than before, and had I just got an on line sooner I probably would have been to the bathroom sooner.

Again that's not necessarily true in every place, like you said there sometimes is another bathroom available, but in general when you really have to go when you see a bathroom you go to the first bathroom you see and you don't go looking for other ones only to come back disappointed and be at the end of the line. This again I think is even more true in school, when you have a limited time between classes to use the bathroom. Women know that there might often be a line and that you might have to wait several periods before you get a chance to go, so when you see the bathroom you go to the first bathroom that you find and hope that maybe we'll get through the line in enough time to use the bathroom. Likely if the women had left to go to another bathroom it would have been out of the way and they wouldn't have had enough time to go to that bathroom elsewhere and still get to class on time.

I know that there were lots of occasions in high school where, before they locked all of the girls bathrooms except for one, I would go to the bathroom between class and even if there was a line I wouldn't think I'm going to go to the bathroom on the other floor cause I wouldn't have time, you just hope that the line goes quickly and if it doesn't you basically shrug your shoulders and say, oh well I guess I will have to wait another period and hope for better luck next time. It sucks to have to walk away from a bathroom like that because of a line, but I think that most people would say that it makes more sense to wait in the first line you come for and hope that it goes quickly than go searching for another bathroom that you don't have time to kill looking for. I also suspect if there were a large number of girls waiting for that particular bathroom and they tried to go to the other bathroom that they would just formed a line in that bathroom as well!

But then maybe there is something to that whole line that I am actually remembering from Seinfeld, men hunt, women nest. Women find a place where they can relieve themselves and they just hunker down and start waiting for their turn, men might be more inclined to wander and find other options. But again it also could be due to the tendency that if a man leaves the bathroom there is a more likely opportunity that he will find some other place to relieve himself, in the bathroom or otherwise.

With the ladies room if you come across a ladies room with a really long line odds are if you are in the same place and you look for a bathroom elsewhere in the same place that bathroom will likewise have a long line, and you will have just wasted time looking for a bathroom only to end up having to wait in perhaps an even longer line because you waited to get in line. Again more true when the time to use the bathroom is limited. With four minutes between class I would have time to maybe dip into the bathroom quickly if there was no line, but if there was a line you basically just have to say better luck next time and walk away, because it would probably take you more time just to find another bathroom and then the bell would be ringing. So you tend to try and use the first bathroom that you come across and just hope that there isn't a line.

Again maybe it is a difference in socialization I don't know, but it does seem like when a bathroom is available that women are more inclined to just start waiting right away and usually are not one to wander and leave the line, or if they do it's only because they have given up in resignation and figure that they're not going to get to go one way or another.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:33 AM, DesperateJill said:

@D0nt45k

"I can't think of any situation where that might happen past maybe middle school.  You'd have to be pretty immature and more than a little sadistic to do that sort of thing about something so trivial."

I always say that immaturity doesn't have an age limit, doubly true if you are in religion or politics!

"Less patient, or just more willing to consider alternatives instead of always making a beeline to the nearest restroom if we know that there are other ones a little further away that probably aren't occupied.  Seriously, when I was in high school, I once saw a line of girls waiting outside a restroom when another girl's room  that was just up a flight of stairs had no line in front of it at all.  They were so preoccupied with their desperation that they didn't think to perhaps try another restroom.  This might have something to do with the tendency of women to go to the restroom in groups instead of by themselves, which I'm convinced has some sort of psychological basis since this wasn't considered a social requirement for over a hundred years, at least in the West."

Women do sometimes go to the bathroom in groups but maybe it's just because women are taught that there is safety in numbers. I don't think it's as big a factor as people think though. I think that everybody tends to go to the bathroom in groups to some degree, when you have been waiting for a while, it's just more noticeable with women because there usually is a line of women outside the bathroom in a crowded situation like that, so it seems like there are more women going to the bathroom.
I think that there is also a tendency that you tend to go to the first bathroom you come across. All of those women in the school probably had to go to the bathroom bad, so as soon as they saw a bathroom they immediately got in line.

And I can understand how you would think that maybe women would see the line and think, you know maybe I can find a bathroom without a line, but that's actually more rare. Generally speaking if you come to a bathroom with a big line in front of it you're not going to just go shortly somewhere else and find a bathroom that is completely free and without a line. I mean maybe in that case you would have but I think that you leave the line at your own peril.

Like one good example was the time that I was at a baseball stadium with my family and I was going around with my cousin and our mutual guy friends. The line to the ladies room was probably like at least 40 minutes long, and the guys were finished in 5 minutes tops, so they figured why don't we just go look for another bathroom for me where maybe there isn't a line. After walking around the entire stadium taking probably 10 or 15 minutes or maybe even 20 or more, we finally come back around to the line and it's even longer than before, and had I just got an on line sooner I probably would have been to the bathroom sooner.

Again that's not necessarily true in every place, like you said there sometimes is another bathroom available, but in general when you really have to go when you see a bathroom you go to the first bathroom you see and you don't go looking for other ones only to come back disappointed and be at the end of the line. This again I think is even more true in school, when you have a limited time between classes to use the bathroom. Women know that there might often be a line and that you might have to wait several periods before you get a chance to go, so when you see the bathroom you go to the first bathroom that you find and hope that maybe we'll get through the line in enough time to use the bathroom. Likely if the women had left to go to another bathroom it would have been out of the way and they wouldn't have had enough time to go to that bathroom elsewhere and still get to class on time.

I know that there were lots of occasions in high school where, before they locked all of the girls bathrooms except for one, I would go to the bathroom between class and even if there was a line I wouldn't think I'm going to go to the bathroom on the other floor cause I wouldn't have time, you just hope that the line goes quickly and if it doesn't you basically shrug your shoulders and say, oh well I guess I will have to wait another period and hope for better luck next time. It sucks to have to walk away from a bathroom like that because of a line, but I think that most people would say that it makes more sense to wait in the first line you come for and hope that it goes quickly than go searching for another bathroom that you don't have time to kill looking for. I also suspect if there were a large number of girls waiting for that particular bathroom and they tried to go to the other bathroom that they would just formed a line in that bathroom as well!

But then maybe there is something to that whole line that I am actually remembering from Seinfeld, men hunt, women nest. Women find a place where they can relieve themselves and they just hunker down and start waiting for their turn, men might be more inclined to wander and find other options. But again it also could be due to the tendency that if a man leaves the bathroom there is a more likely opportunity that he will find some other place to relieve himself, in the bathroom or otherwise.

With the ladies room if you come across a ladies room with a really long line odds are if you are in the same place and you look for a bathroom elsewhere in the same place that bathroom will likewise have a long line, and you will have just wasted time looking for a bathroom only to end up having to wait in perhaps an even longer line because you waited to get in line. Again more true when the time to use the bathroom is limited. With four minutes between class I would have time to maybe dip into the bathroom quickly if there was no line, but if there was a line you basically just have to say better luck next time and walk away, because it would probably take you more time just to find another bathroom and then the bell would be ringing. So you tend to try and use the first bathroom that you come across and just hope that there isn't a line.

Again maybe it is a difference in socialization I don't know, but it does seem like when a bathroom is available that women are more inclined to just start waiting right away and usually are not one to wander and leave the line, or if they do it's only because they have given up in resignation and figure that they're not going to get to go one way or another.

In your high school, did boys ever comment about the unfair bathroom situtation or the long line? In college, I know guys would look at the long line and be like "girls got f*** with the line" or one guy once asked another guy "is it cause they only have toilets". Were there ever snickerings from guys etc or any girls attempting to use the boys restroom?

@Angusburger

"In your high school, did boys ever comment about the unfair bathroom situtation or the long line? In college, I know guys would look at the long line and be like "girls got f*** with the line" or one guy once asked another guy "is it cause they only have toilets". Were there ever snickerings from guys etc or any girls attempting to use the boys restroom?"

I can only speak from my own personal experience where in high school I mostly hung out with two guys and this one other girl. But I would kick the locked girls bathroom door and get frustrated my guy friends would think that it was hilarious, again because even at that age I was obsessive about bathrooms. So they were like Jerry Seinfeld to George where they said that to me pretty much "you and your bathrooms!" But again to them it was a trivial concern because their bathrooms weren't the ones that were locked. The other girl in our group of course just was one of those girls who doesn't use the bathroom at school, so she didn't see what it was a big deal about it. Incidentally she eventually became a nurse!

So yeah my guy friends thought that it was pretty funny and everything seeing me kicking the door and cursing cause it was otherwise rare to see me agitated like that, and my other girlfriend basically just shrugged her shoulders and is like what can you do about it? It didn't seem to bother her. Although I do kind of wonder if maybe she was secretly into this fetish seeing as she was a bit of a masochist who enjoyed pain, although I don't think that she has a particular fetish for bladder pain. That said though she's kind of unsympathetic to people in situations where they have to pee really bad.

Just for the record though years later after high school was over I did reconnect with those guys and the matter of that came up and they are definitely not into it as a fetish. Like most people they just thought it was kind of hilarious seeing someone like me cursing and kicking a bathroom door when I was usually normally calm, cool and collected.

I think that there's something funny about seeing a person in a situation they aren't used to having to deal with, just like now I think a lot of people find it funny to see me in a job where I have to hold it all day given how I used to always go to the bathroom at every opportunity. There is something funny about seeing someone fall from grace and now suddenly being made mortal and having to deal with these concerns in a practical way when they hadn't needed to before.

@Angusburger

"Just curious with your high school closing the womens restroom how did girls change pads/tampons?"

I would always put a fresh one and before leaving home and then I would luckily be able to make it until lunch time and didn't run into many problems with because it was only a few hours, but I don't know what other people did. My other girlfriend never used the bathroom and the topic didn't really come up. However there was one girl in my class who asked the teacher (really chauvinistic guy BTW) to go to the bathroom and he said no, and she shouted that I wish that you were a woman for a month, which looking back now I think she meant to imply that she probably needed to change a tampon or pad or something like that. Don't know how that ultimately worked out for her though.