Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How Was the Bathroom Situation in Your School?

Were you normally able to get to the bathroom when you needed one in school?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Were you normally able to get to the bathroom when you needed one in school?

• Men: Yes I normally could go when I needed between classes
    • Men: No I often had to wait several periods before getting to go.
    • Women: Yes I normally could go when I needed between classes
    • Women: No I often had to wait several periods before getting to go.

I was thinking about this while I was reading the thread about indulging your fetish in adolescents and I think that a lot of people have developed this fetish as a result of experiences in school where they were unable to go to the bathroom and where other people controlled your access to the bathroom.

I have mentioned numerous times that my bathroom situation in school was not very good. In the elementary school I went to we had the bathroom pass system where we would sign out the bathroom pass and we had six minutes a day to use it. This worked out good for the boys because the boys bathroom was right next to the class so they would be able to be in and out of the bathroom within a second so they would be able to go to the bathroom several times. But the girls bathroom was on the other floor and down the hall and of course there is no running in the halls, so the girls would be idle to use the bathroom maybe once a day and by the end of the day we were all squirming.

High school was a little bit better in that you could go between classes but there were only four minutes between classes, so if there was a line at the girls bathroom you ended up sometimes having to wait several periods before getting to go or else had to ask the teachers to go during class, to which the answer was usually no.

The catastrophic thing was towards the last two years of high school however where they found drugs and alcohol in the girls bathrooms so they locked all of them except for the one on the first floor, which left about five stalls for several hundred girls, meaning that it was pretty much impossible to use the bathroom between class unless you just happened to be the first one there, meaning that I ended up having to wait until lunch when I could afford to wait 20 minutes to use the bathroom since they didn't take attendance at lunch, so you could afford to be late, and I never bothered eating lunch anyway because I hated the idea of eating at school.

The frustrating thing though was that the boys bathrooms were all open, so with stalls and urinals they had bathrooms on every floor so they had about 30 places to pee versus five for the girls. The result was I never saw any men at waiting to use the bathroom but in the girls bathroom there was always a huge line, and most of the time you would be unable to go in the time between classes. They technically did give us a bathroom but such a woefully inadequate amount it was pretty much the same as not having one at all and having to hold it pretty much all day, except on days when you had gym class and could use the gym bathroom in the locker room.

Fortunately college was much better seeing as we often had a long stretch of time between classes and abundant bathrooms. The annoying thing though was that in a couple of places like the library they didn't have a women's restroom on every floor, so you would often have to go searching for one.

So I'm wondering what everyone else's experience was like in high school and elementary school and college, were you able to use the bathroom between classes or able to use the bathroom when you needed one, or were you stuck holding it all day or frequently stuck holding it for several periods before getting to go? I imagine the women had a harder time of this going by my personal experiences and those of others I've talked to about this.

Edited by DesperateJill (see edit history)
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking about this while I was reading the thread about indulging your fetish in adolescents and I think that a lot of people have developed this fetish as a result of experiences in school whe

@DesperateJill 1. longer class duration 2. only one break after 4 periods both for pee and lunch 3. psychopath teachers 4. lesser and messy unusable toilets 5. no means no, ev

It was terrible, especially for me. Strict teachers rarely let us go. The bathrooms were always super crowded or had lines out the door. During lunch, it seemed like everyone was trying to use the bat

(Male)

Time for a rather odd perspective.

I attended a special (read: for mentally/physically handicapped students) secondary school. Classes were small, and students were allowed to interrupt the class at any time to ask to go to the bathroom. Sometimes the lesson would even be stopped to wait for them to come back. Students were supervised through the entire school day, so you always needed to ask a teacher for bathroom privileges no matter what part of the school day it was.

I'd say there were just over 100 students in the school as a whole. This meant there weren't really queues, although the school had a strange policy where it generally disallowed two students from entering the same bathroom at the same time - in situations where they could actually prevent it, anyway. It meant if the student in front of me was being supervised to the bathroom by a teacher (some students were, but other students were trusted to go alone), I would be told to wait outside and hold it in longer until the person came out.

But the condition of most students at the school also meant that there was a lot of bathroom vandalism - mainly in the form of overflowing the urinals and toilet bowls with tissue paper, though I saw some disgusting things as well. The vandalism was so common, that if you had to use the bathroom you would often have to visit various bathrooms in the school on the search for one with a functioning stall. The urinals were more likely to be working, but using urinals was something I was personally uncomfortable with doing. Which makes me hope the girls' toilets didn't have the vandalism problem as much as the boys' did.

Because of this (though partially also because of this fetish haha), I tried to avoid using that school's bathrooms. Most days I would hold my pee the entire day. Whenever I did have to give in though, searching for that one working stall was agonising.

@Axelia

In elementary school I was in the emotionally disturbed class and most of the people in that class were boys where there were only two other girls in the class aside from me, so I think that made it especially frustrating for the girls seeing as we were in the minority in that class and had bad bathroom access.

I suspect in most cases the girls bathroom is more disgusting than the men's room and is more frequently clogged, but that's probably more of an issue in high school since a lot of people clog it up with female sanitary products that you aren't supposed to throw in the toilet, but that people do anyway because nobody follows the rules about these things.

Guest cauallywet

I never really had any issues with bathroom access in school, HOWEVER...

When I was in kindergarten, I was EXTREMELY pee-shy and had trouble even asking for the bathroom.  

Once during a test I had to pee and the whole class was silent and I was terrified of asking to go to the bathroom.  I flooded my pants in my seat right next to my crush.  It was humiliating but probably was the start of my fetish lol 

Male:

In elementary school we weren't really allowed to use the washroom during class. It was impossible to go between classes unless they were close to the bathroom, because there was essentially no down time (unless I wanted to be a few minutes late), and we weren't allowed to use the washroom during recess. So I'd have to wait until lunch. High school was also fairly similar. We could go during class, but I'd end up missing important material so I never did so. Again, there wasn't enough time between classes to use the toilet so I went during the lunch break. Note that the entire time, I'd drink 1-2 water bottles per day during school alone, plus whatever fluids I drank before going to school. So, every day for maybe 10 or so years, here I am holding it in. I loved feeling full, so I'd keep holding it in.

In college the washrooms weren't an issue, but by then my bladder was fairly large so I'd hold it until it got fairly uncomfortable (but not bursting).

Male here. I ultimately put that I was usually able to go when I needed to, but I feel like that was more "the average" than an every-time sort of thing, since it's so variable.

Elementary school was fine, of the few memories I have almost none of them have to do with needing to use the bathroom and not being able to.

Middle school was when there began to be the occasional issue, and unsurprisingly also when my fetish developed. Although I was generally able to go when I needed to, that's largely because I wasn't typically afraid to be late to class. During this time, I had my first experience with being "incredibly desperate" - it was during an assembly that I actually arrived late to. I vividly remember having to pee so badly that I was trying to spit into my sleeve rather than swallow it, and all-but sprinting out the door once it was done. I also vividly remember other instances of people (particularly girls of course) who really needed to go but either couldn't, wouldn't or didn't for whatever reason. A line that I remember being really excited to overhear was "if the teacher doesn't get back soon I'm actually gonna pee in my pants" - spoken frantically by a girl I was attracted to at the time. 

High school was yet another different story. By and large we all seemed to have good bathroom access - the only real "in class" desperation that I witnessed was either due to a mean teacher or circumstances like a test. I did know a few girls who hated to use school bathrooms - ironically I had a crush on both of them at different times. One of them had to adapt to using the toilet at school because, in her words, "my bladder is just too small and I'd have an accident before lunch if I tried to wait." The other is someone who prided herself on a "bladder of steel" (the first time I'd actually heard that term) and would occasionally talk about it. One day when we happened to be talking about such things, she said yet another thing that's burned into my brain: "I actually do have to pee really bad right now but I hate using the bathroom in this building," said before casually walking to her second-to-last class of the day. Aside from a few scattered experiences like that, most of my memories of either my own desperation or that of others comes from bus rides. Specifically, band bus rides. I'm sure I'll share some of those experiences at some point, as well as some related to the two girls I'd mentioned.

On the whole though, the relatively... Reasonable? Bathroom access that was consistent throughout my schooling is why I find some horror stories so hard to believe - even the true ones.  

Primary and High School both were strict and stingy about bathroom breaks.  High School allowed for a pit stop between classes but  sometimes you'd have to run all the way across the long long building to the boys room, do it, then run up to the 3rd floor from the 1st or 2nd floor, then run all the way across the building again.   Sometimes your next class was a few rooms away on the same floor and just so happened to be on the end of the building with a boy's bathroom.  So, the logistics weren't always favorable.

Once, in 10th grade very late in the day, near the end of 8th period geometry I was barely holding on. The teacher surprisingly looked at me and said, "you may go, but hurry."  The boys bathroom was at the opposite end of the building. As I was hurrying it started coming out. By the time I got there I was pretty much finished. I hung around in the bathroom till several minutes after the final bell desperately trying to dry off which of course was just not gonna happen.  Had to walk home like that but apparently not many if any  other kids noticed.  Too me though, it felt like the whole world knew.

Here, I am talking about UK in 1950s and 1960s

In primary school (as we call it) for children up to the age of 11 being allowed to go to the toilet during class semed to be up to the whim of the particular teacher. There was no such thing as a "bathroom pass". Some teachers almost always let you go.  One or two never did. It was usually in the classes of those teachers that "accidents" would happen, though sometimes a child would just be too shy to ask and then wet themselves. One particularly "refusenik" teacher called Mrs Grainger who did not have a class of her own was used to take classes if a teacher was ill.  Sometimes she would deputise for other teachers if they got called away at short notice. If your teacher was one who usually let you go then sometimes someone who had forgotten to go to the toilet during playtime would then get caught out by Mrs Grainger.

I never did get caught out but one day when I was about 9 years old I was sitting next to a girl called Arlette at a double desk in a class that had been taken over by Mrs Grainger just after playtime. It was obvious that she should have gone to the toilet at playtime because by halfway through the lesson she was wriggling in her seat. She put her hand up and asked (in the phrase we used)  "please may I be excused". Mrs Grainger just gave a curt shake of the head and said "no, you should have gone at the right time". Before long Arlette was holding herself through her skirt. Suddenly she whispered to me "oh no I'm going to wet myself" and then I heard a spattering noise. I looked down and saw a stream of pee falling from her chair and forming a puddle on the floor. I had to move my feet aside so my shoes didn't get wet!

I don't think anything like this would happen now. I think a teacher in a primary school who refused a request to visit the toilets would be in trouble.

I don't think there were ever any incidents at my all boys secondary school. Requests to visit the toilet during lessons were rare and were usually granted with a sigh and a comment like "if you really must".

Some modern day secondary schools have all sorts of rules regulating what students can and can't do including limiting "toilet passes". I find that quite disturbing. No young person should have to put up with that.

Male

I could usually go when I needed to. At primary school, we used to have a break in the morning, lunch time and another break in the afternoon and I used to pee during all of these as well as when I first got to school before lessons started. I don't think I had to ask to go during a lesson often but I don't remember ever being refused.

At secondary there was no afternoon break but again I was fine going at the breaks we had. I sometimes had to go between lessons during changeovers. I did have to ask to go during lessons a few times, though not often, and I was allowed to go.

2 hours ago, benverona said:

Some modern day secondary schools have all sorts of rules regulating what students can and can't do including limiting "toilet passes". I find that quite disturbing. No young person should have to put up with that.

More and more schools seem to be introducing a "no going to the toilet during lessons" policy which I don't think is right. I agree that children should be encouraged to go during breaks to avoid needing to go in lessons, but if they need to go desperately they should be able to go. It risks getting a UTI if they have to hold it and you're not going to be learning effectively if your bladder is uncomfortably full and all you can concentrate on is trying not to wet yourself.

Women.

Elemtary and middle school were fine. In high school, however, the time between periods was too short to get a chance to go and I had several teachers who were jerks about it. Factor in that this was when I started really understanding that I had a kink but before I really understood my limits and it made for some difficult classes sometimes. I had a couple instances of massively overfilling my bladder and having close calls with making it.

It was ok - waiting in a line was practically every passing period but I mostly made it.

I say mostly though because there were specific bathrooms that were you basically didn't get to go in unless you got there early. Gym bathroom was notoriously full or just straight up broken for half the year. A couple in the hallways were hotspots and you had to get there quickly. But other than that, the bathrooms were relatively without too much trouble.

I'd say a 70:30 split of "can I go in time"

Man.

I never had a problem accessing bathrooms in my school. That including elementary-middle school. High school had a lot of teachers who wouldn’t allow student to use the bathroom during class, women were mainly the expectation. My school also too floors so god help if you had classes switching between bottom floor and first floor. But I never liked using public restrooms at all. So I would often hold it till I get home, usually very desperate. 

ours were mostly equal for genders. if you went in to take a pee, the girls usually took the same amount of time. no lines for any restrooms. they made sure you were in and out or else you'd rack up infractions.

only issue we had in highschool was if your class was across campus, you had to haul ass to get there and beg your teacher to go at the beginning of class.

So far the poll results have been kind of what I expected where 50% of the women reported not being able to go for several periods whereas about 75 to 80% of the men were able to go whenever they needed between class, although again it probably varies a lot based on bathroom availability at schools as some schools provide an abundant amount of bathrooms and are very liberal about letting people go during class, where as other ones are a lot more strict and a lot less generous when it comes to the number of bathrooms.

I voted as your pattern predicted,  based on my (long past!) experiences, but I can't recall seeing problems with the girl's facilities at my schools.  With that said, I know a couple of girls who didn't use them, but I'm doubtful it was down to availability. 

I do recall it being medium difficult to get out in lessons to go to the bathroom, but I think they had a policy to generally excuse the girls. 

In my middle school I seem to think it was hard to get into the building during breaks but I can't remember when they did allow you to pee in that time.  There must have been a way since the standard response to a request would have been "Well, didn't you go in the break?"   I hate being too old to remember!! 

Sorry to disappoint though but I feel girls were well enough provided for in the 70s/80s that I'm referring to.  There were less pupils in the school than there would be these days of course. 

Edited by rebeljaffa (see edit history)

@rebeljaffa

"I do recall it being medium difficult to get out in lessons to go to the bathroom, but I think they had a policy to generally excuse the girls."

Things are actually pretty different in my school as I found that the mostly male teachers were mostly reluctant to let the girls go because they thought that the girls just went to the bathroom to chat and do trivial things like check their makeup. In fact I had one really sexist English teacher and one girl had a perfect response to him that she wished that he was a woman for a month!

Now that I think about it maybe she needed to change a tampon or something and that's why she needed to go, which is a need that I think that a lot of male teachers don't take into account with female students and that sometimes you need the bathroom for more than just elimination.

"Sorry to disappoint though but I feel girls were well enough provided for in the 70s/80s that I'm referring to.  There were less pupils in the school than there would be these days of course."

This is actually a good point as well as the volume of students in a school can vary considerably based on time and place. I went to high school in the late 90s and early 2000's and that's when they locked all the girls bathrooms in my school due to the drug and alcohol problem, except for that one on the first floor with only five stalls.

But the late 90s and early 2000's, at least in the United States, was just shortly after Columbine when there was a no tolerance policy towards anything dealing with drugs, alcohol and weapons, and given how bad things have gotten since then I am guessing that those policies have probably only grown worse rather than better, although maybe students rights have improved including the rights to go to the bathroom. I can't really say though as I have been out of school for nearly 20 years now and that's plenty of time for a lot of things to change.

However we had a fairly large school, as I remember reading at one point in our school had about 1500 students, which all things being equal 50-50 would mean about 750 girls, so you had 750 girls and only five stalls, meaning that there was only one stall per 150 girls and only four minutes between class, so the ratios didn't really work out well for the majority of girls getting to go to the bathroom.

But I know in a lot of areas like in small towns and whatnot there might be only a few hundred students and that in big cities there might even be several thousand. I went to school in the suburbs so I'm guessing that 1500 was probably pretty close to average but it certainly might be a lot different in other countries.

1 minute ago, DesperateJill said:

@rebeljaffa

"I do recall it being medium difficult to get out in lessons to go to the bathroom, but I think they had a policy to generally excuse the girls."

Things are actually pretty different in my school as I found that the mostly male teachers were mostly reluctant to let the girls go because they thought that the girls just went to the bathroom to chat and do trivial things like check their makeup. In fact I had one really sexist English teacher and one girl had a perfect response to him that she wished that he was a woman for a month!

Now that I think about it maybe she needed to change a tampon or something and that's why she needed to go, which is a need that I think that a lot of male teachers don't take into account with female students and that sometimes you need the bathroom for more than just elimination.

"Sorry to disappoint though but I feel girls were well enough provided for in the 70s/80s that I'm referring to.  There were less pupils in the school than there would be these days of course."

This is actually a good point as well as the volume of students in a school can vary considerably based on time and place. I went to high school in the late 90s and early 2000's and that's when they locked all the girls bathrooms in my school due to the drug and alcohol problem, except for that one on the first floor with only five stalls.

But the late 90s and early 2000's, at least in the United States, was just shortly after Columbine when there was a no tolerance policy towards anything dealing with drugs, alcohol and weapons, and given how bad things have gotten since then I am guessing that those policies have probably only grown worse rather than better, although maybe students rights have improved including the rights to go to the bathroom. I can't really say though as I have been out of school for nearly 20 years now and that's plenty of time for a lot of things to change.

However we had a fairly large school, as I remember reading at one point in our school had about 1500 students, which all things being equal 50-50 would mean about 750 girls, so you had 750 girls and only five stalls, meaning that there was only one stall per 150 girls and only four minutes between class, so the ratios didn't really work out well for the majority of girls getting to go to the bathroom.

But I know in a lot of areas like in small towns and whatnot there might be only a few hundred students and that in big cities there might even be several thousand. I went to school in the suburbs so I'm guessing that 1500 was probably pretty close to average but it certainly might be a lot different in other countries.

The girls all had a session on feminine hygiene and I believe there was a policy to generally let them go to the bathroom for that reason, without them having to state one way or the other.  Open to abuse maybe, but at someone with an eye for such things I don't remember too many requests being made, let alone accepted or denied.  I can recall occasionally sitting next to a girl who confided her need to pee but didn't consider playing the period card. 

@rebeljaffa

"The girls all had a session on feminine hygiene and I believe there was a policy to generally let them go to the bathroom for that reason, without them having to state one way or the other.  Open to abuse maybe, but at someone with an eye for such things I don't remember too many requests being made, let alone accepted or denied.  I can recall occasionally sitting next to a girl who confided her need to pee but didn't consider playing the period card."

I think saying you need to go to the bathroom is about the easiest way to say that you need to take care of something without being specific. A person might be more willing to confide that they need to use the bathroom, but I think that I can speak for most women when I say most of us would not be so bold as to raise her hand in class and say teacher I'm bleeding out the snatch and I need to plug this bastard up! However simply saying I need to go to the girls room doesn't really reveal much of anything specific.

19 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@rebeljaffa

"The girls all had a session on feminine hygiene and I believe there was a policy to generally let them go to the bathroom for that reason, without them having to state one way or the other.  Open to abuse maybe, but at someone with an eye for such things I don't remember too many requests being made, let alone accepted or denied.  I can recall occasionally sitting next to a girl who confided her need to pee but didn't consider playing the period card."

I think saying you need to go to the bathroom is about the easiest way to say that you need to take care of something without being specific. A person might be more willing to confide that they need to use the bathroom, but I think that I can speak for most women when I say most of us would not be so bold as to raise her hand in class and say teacher I'm bleeding out the snatch and I need to plug this bastard up! However simply saying I need to go to the girls room doesn't really reveal much of anything specific.

Sure.  I meant that I assumed they would have approached and asked the teacher if it was for their period, so sitting their holding their bladder meant they felt unlikely to get permission so held it in.   I'm not sure why as the teacher wouldn't have asked them to be specific. I can only assume we were an honest bunch a few decades ago!! 

Apart from the absolutely horrid Catholic school, public school varied.

The elementary school I went to still required escorts, but for both genders, and the teacher would pick the escort, who would be the same gender. This was because the elementary school wasn't one single building, but at least five separate buildings, though all enclosed within a fence.

Middle school was easy to get to the bathroom.

High school depended on the time of day, which floor you were on, and whether they had locked any of them due to vandals/drug use. Upper floors only had two stalls each and tended to be out of order more. Lower floors had three stalls each, save for the locker room, which had one.