Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderators: If this is not the correct forum for this content, please direct me to the appropriate board, and I will post it there. There are tons of ABDL games out there which put the player int

Status update: Still alive. I bit off a BIG bite by deciding to include both the first-floor area (which is mostly done- more on that in a second) and the front yard area (which has TWO (2) (dos) char

Unfortunately, I don't have any plans to turn off messing at this time. I suppose that it would be possible by disabling one or two scripts, but for now I want to focus on getting a functional demo ou

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really hesitant to give an ETA because I tend to underestimate how much work is involved in adding what I want to add to the game. But at the same time, it's frustrating because I'm SO EXCITED to share everything I've done! 

That said... I hope to have the next update done before the end of January 2022! It's a big one, and I haven't even found an artist to commission for the next 2 NPCs yet. (I won't delay the update more than a day or two for those commissions alone, though.)

It's going to be a busy month!

Edited by YesIamThatDan (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

So... A while back, somebody suggested I make a Discord server to keep everything centralized and give people a more direct way of talking about the game. So, I went ahead and made one!

I'll be honest here... I was really hesitant to do this. I'm not sure my project is big enough to merit a forum thread AND its own Discord server, especially when the project is in-between updates right now. But, I figure that it'd allow me to get constant feedback on different elements as I add them to the game, and provide a lot more freedom for me to share draft versions of different scenes (to name one example). It would also provide avenues for people to brainstorm scenes they want to see added to the game. And on those days where work has me feeling burnt out, it'll motivate me to keep working!

Click here to join the Discord server.

As a bonus, check out the #update-log channel to see an abridged list of QoL changes (and other updates) coming in the next update!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 3:41 AM, YesIamThatDan said:

I can't control whether you lose hunger/thirst/etc. when looking at things; that's just a byproduct of the Quest 5 engine. Not much I can do there, but do keep looking at things! Those descriptions often have important information!

I usually do something like `if (not game.pov.currentcommandpattern = lookat)` if I'm using hunger/tiredness/etc scripts, on the assumption that looking at objects doesn't take as long as other actions. And I get the impression that at least some players expect this behaviour.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:01 PM, Kitty Angel said:

I usually do something like `if (not game.pov.currentcommandpattern = lookat)` if I'm using hunger/tiredness/etc scripts, on the assumption that looking at objects doesn't take as long as other actions. And I get the impression that at least some players expect this behaviour.

DUDE

I looked everywhere to try and learn how to do that. Thank you!!

5 hours ago, YesIamThatDan said:

DUDE

I looked everywhere to try and learn how to do that. Thank you!!

In this vein, there are a bunch of attributes that can be useful but aren't well documented:

• game.pov.currentcommand (string; the command that the player typed)
  • game.pov.currentcommandpattern (the command object it matched to)
  • game.pov.currentcommandresolvedelements (a dictionary containing the parameters for the current command)
  • game.pov.currentcommandresolvedobjects (an objectlist containing the objects that the player attempted to use a command on)
  • game.lastobjects (list of objects that will be considered if the player types "it" or "he" in a command)
  • game.text_processor_variables (a dictionary you can put objects in so that you can more easily access their properties from within the text processor)

I've been playing around with Quest for a while, and played a few kink games (starting with Little Sunny Paws, but also including macro, hypno, and mpreg games). And I notice that the forum threads for those games on various sites nearly always include comments saying that something is a part of Quest and so can't be changed. In most cases it can; Quest is really flexible, although the structure of the GUI (and the manual/tutorials) seems to teach a lot of bad habits, and there are big chunks that aren't particularly well documented. So if you're having trouble making something happen, asking on the Quest forum might get you a positive answer.

I like the new update a lot.^^

I love any interaction with Jonathan. Making other people pee their pants/diaper and lose or increase their potty training is something I enjoy (especially the first thing 😬). Would love to see more of that. I would also like, if possible, that the positions of the characters are more accurate to their situation (meeting someone on the potty, maybe even blocking it, or in the changing room). I also enjoy the reaction of other characters to my character wearing diapers or not.^^ I got a little bit of that in Jonathan. 

I also like, that there is now a way to regain your potty training and decrease the diaper attraction from the point of no return, so it doesn't spiral out of control so much. It is still very hard to regain potty training at later stages, though... but you can always cheat, if you are impatient. 😅

I don't think, I finished all the new content yet, but I plan to. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kitty Angel said:

I'd love to try playing through this properly.

Someone else mentioned playing it on the textadventures website, but I can't find the link. (don't currently have a Windows machine to play on, so can only try if there's a web version)

Here you go! It's updated to the most recent version as well (0.8.2), so please enjoy!

https://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/dqkfnxipcuy_d8hnlejfdw/

Edited by YesIamThatDan
edited the link to a non-version-specific one (see edit history)