Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderators: If this is not the correct forum for this content, please direct me to the appropriate board, and I will post it there. There are tons of ABDL games out there which put the player int

Status update: Still alive. I bit off a BIG bite by deciding to include both the first-floor area (which is mostly done- more on that in a second) and the front yard area (which has TWO (2) (dos) char

Unfortunately, I don't have any plans to turn off messing at this time. I suppose that it would be possible by disabling one or two scripts, but for now I want to focus on getting a functional demo ou

Posted Images

Bugs feedback:
1. The description text for Swing Set is still similar to the Rusty Swing from version 0.6.0. It is still descrbing it as rusty with one of the swing only hanging on one rope.

2. Asking Katelyn aka Dinosaur kigurumi girl "How did you get here?" ends up with the player asking "How long have you been here?". Only a mildly annoying nitpick but the devil is in the details, just like in Undertale!

3. There is no mention of front door in the front desk area, not even in the room description. Another mild nitpick.

4. Slight grammar mistake when you found aqua-blue rock from the pile of rocks. 

"You dig around in the pile for a moment before spotting an aqua-blue rock. This must be what was talking about! You hold it up to the light for a moment, examining it..."

It lacks a subject in the "This must be what was talking about!", as in, the word she.

5. After asking for a change on the changing table for a wet or mushy diaper. the text that wasn't from Penny is coloured red, which should've been black.

6. Surprise! After I loaded my save file again, the worn dart gun uses the attack text for fists again.

Content suggestion:

1. Make playmates react to the state of the player's dress and underwear, including random pull up and diaper checks

2. Penny Plush checking my diaper right after I went on the potty, perhaps change the dialogue according to this scenario? "Just making sure widdle PlayerName doesn't leave any leftover in PronounPossesive PlayerUnderwear!"

3. Similar to number 2 but after asking to change into pullup

4. The rocking chair doesn't have usage text for different states of underwear yet

5. A clothing with a short skirt

I hope this feedback may help in the game development.

22 hours ago, Takanabe Aohi said:

Bugs feedback:
1. The description text for Swing Set is still similar to the Rusty Swing from version 0.6.0. It is still descrbing it as rusty with one of the swing only hanging on one rope.

2. Asking Katelyn aka Dinosaur kigurumi girl "How did you get here?" ends up with the player asking "How long have you been here?". Only a mildly annoying nitpick but the devil is in the details, just like in Undertale!

3. There is no mention of front door in the front desk area, not even in the room description. Another mild nitpick.

4. Slight grammar mistake when you found aqua-blue rock from the pile of rocks. 

"You dig around in the pile for a moment before spotting an aqua-blue rock. This must be what was talking about! You hold it up to the light for a moment, examining it..."

It lacks a subject in the "This must be what was talking about!", as in, the word she.

5. After asking for a change on the changing table for a wet or mushy diaper. the text that wasn't from Penny is coloured red, which should've been black.

6. Surprise! After I loaded my save file again, the worn dart gun uses the attack text for fists again.

Content suggestion:

1. Make playmates react to the state of the player's dress and underwear, including random pull up and diaper checks

2. Penny Plush checking my diaper right after I went on the potty, perhaps change the dialogue according to this scenario? "Just making sure widdle PlayerName doesn't leave any leftover in PronounPossesive PlayerUnderwear!"

3. Similar to number 2 but after asking to change into pullup

4. The rocking chair doesn't have usage text for different states of underwear yet

5. A clothing with a short skirt

I hope this feedback may help in the game development.

Thank you for reporting these errors! I have fixed all of them for the next build except for #6, which I should hope to have fixed before the weekend is through. In the meantime, you can simply remove and wear the dart gun to fix that bug. My apologies!

Finally reached the second floor after figuring out how to proceed. Here's what I think of the game so far:

For what this game has right now and is trying to do, it is certainly good, and I look forward to seeing any future updates. I'm big on puzzle games and I see bits and pieces of a good puzzle game in this, and the abdl theme is just the cherry on top for me. Having the player's dependence on diapers be a pseudo-timer is a good idea, but you risk it becoming either too hard or too easy to add to it depending on how the world is set up. Hunger/thirst as obstacles are also a good choice. I'm not too big on the combat, though, since it's just you and the enemy trading blows until it ends and you're either left in the same spot, but in a worse condition, or taken back to the nursery.

Humor is fine, it gives the game a certain charm, as long as you don't step too far into punny solutions to puzzles. The stair case puzzle is good, especially since it appears so soon after you start the game, where it certainly made an impression on me when I realized I couldn't climb it. The problem I have with these puzzles right now is that I got stumped on the wrong things. I didn't even know there was a front door until I started using the Metal Key in every room I could step into (I even doubted if the northern door in the Nap Room was truthful) and suddenly it worked. I also restarted the game many times trying to figure out how to go to the second floor, thinking I must have missed some hint. When I went to get the Purple Rock that I already knew was in the sandbox, I randomly got the stairs, which made no sense to me. Also, the Access Panel only gives you feedback if you solve it right; it doesn't tell you what's going wrong if you show up with dirty pants, which I think is a big no-no, especially so early in the game.

Also, might be a bit of a nitpick, but I don't like how I lose hunger/thirst/etc. just by looking at something. It adds unnecessary pressure when I'm just trying to take in everything in a new room, so the solution is to get diapered and only stop by the potty if you can, because if you can solve puzzles fast, there's no need to worry about the consequences.

Also also, don't know if this is a bug or not, but naptime only seems to happen if you visit the Nap Room and wait a few turns for the timer to start.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:25 AM, GG320 said:

Finally reached the second floor after figuring out how to proceed. Here's what I think of the game so far:

For what this game has right now and is trying to do, it is certainly good, and I look forward to seeing any future updates. I'm big on puzzle games and I see bits and pieces of a good puzzle game in this, and the abdl theme is just the cherry on top for me. Having the player's dependence on diapers be a pseudo-timer is a good idea, but you risk it becoming either too hard or too easy to add to it depending on how the world is set up. Hunger/thirst as obstacles are also a good choice. I'm not too big on the combat, though, since it's just you and the enemy trading blows until it ends and you're either left in the same spot, but in a worse condition, or taken back to the nursery.

Humor is fine, it gives the game a certain charm, as long as you don't step too far into punny solutions to puzzles. The stair case puzzle is good, especially since it appears so soon after you start the game, where it certainly made an impression on me when I realized I couldn't climb it. The problem I have with these puzzles right now is that I got stumped on the wrong things. I didn't even know there was a front door until I started using the Metal Key in every room I could step into (I even doubted if the northern door in the Nap Room was truthful) and suddenly it worked. I also restarted the game many times trying to figure out how to go to the second floor, thinking I must have missed some hint. When I went to get the Purple Rock that I already knew was in the sandbox, I randomly got the stairs, which made no sense to me. Also, the Access Panel only gives you feedback if you solve it right; it doesn't tell you what's going wrong if you show up with dirty pants, which I think is a big no-no, especially so early in the game.

Also, might be a bit of a nitpick, but I don't like how I lose hunger/thirst/etc. just by looking at something. It adds unnecessary pressure when I'm just trying to take in everything in a new room, so the solution is to get diapered and only stop by the potty if you can, because if you can solve puzzles fast, there's no need to worry about the consequences.

Also also, don't know if this is a bug or not, but naptime only seems to happen if you visit the Nap Room and wait a few turns for the timer to start.

I appreciate the in-depth review! Actually, there is a message that appears when you have dirty pants, but since the fight is triggered immediately, and since fights clear the screen at the beginning, it's impossible to see it! I've fixed that error on my part. (Thanks for pointing it out.)

Look at the Metal Key- the item description states that the letters "FRONT" are engraved into the top. 😛

I'll update the sandbox script to make it clearer- there are multiple items hidden in the sand. Your character is basically picking a random spot in the sandbox and digging a hole, which can result in you finding something. You can keep digging; you'll see a message when you've dug everything up.

The nap timer starts if you search the closet in the nap room.

I can't control whether you lose hunger/thirst/etc. when looking at things; that's just a byproduct of the Quest 5 engine. Not much I can do there, but do keep looking at things! Those descriptions often have important information!

I'm releasing a version shortly with some bugfixes- I encourage you to download it!

On 10/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, eclipsewolf251 said:

it's a fun game but it reminds me ALOT of sunny paws daycare some of the item names and map is the exact same so im not sure how to feel about it

Read the file description- I'd originally planned to rebuild SPDC from the ground up, but decided to go my own way instead. Both SPDC authors have given this game their blessing, too, so don't worry about it! 

Edited by YesIamThatDan (see edit history)
On 10/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, YesIamThatDan said:

I appreciate the in-depth review! Actually, there is a message that appears when you have dirty pants, but since the fight is triggered immediately, and since fights clear the screen at the beginning, it's impossible to see it! I've fixed that error on my part. (Thanks for pointing it out.)

Glad I could help!

Look at the Metal Key- the item description states that the letters "FRONT" are engraved into the top. 😛

I did forget the key had a description but what I actually think happened is that I misinterpreted the Reception Room as "not the front room" despite having a front desk and therefore thought it lacked a door. Whoops.

The nap timer starts if you search the closet in the nap room.

That's a weird way to make it start, since you could opt out of naptime or even miss it completely (say the player starts the game and heads straight south, presses the red button that tells them to go east, grabs the key, opens the front door and goes on with the game), which doesn't make much sense in context (nobody else goes to sleep and the player sleeps at their own leisure). If it's possible to implement, it would make more sense if it started after leaving the starting room or just have it ticking from the start of the game. If not that, make the player search the closet for some reason.

While we're here, here's a few suggestions:

Add a clock somewhere or something that tells the player how long they have before naptime. If the map ever gets bigger, it might get harder to get back to that one room in time if you don't know how long you have to play around.

Let the player wait until naptime after the bell rings if they're in the room. Nothing wrong with making it then spamming "wait" until it's time, but it's slightly more practical, especially if you enter early.

I can't control whether you lose hunger/thirst/etc. when looking at things; that's just a byproduct of the Quest 5 engine. Not much I can do there, but do keep looking at things! Those descriptions often have important information!

Figured as much. It's not an issue that would need fixing anyways with the portable food items and whatnot. Guess I'll prefer staying in diapers just for the fun of it then! Will be looking forward to more updates.

21 hours ago, GG320 said:

That's a weird way to make it start, since you could opt out of naptime or even miss it completely (say the player starts the game and heads straight south, presses the red button that tells them to go east, grabs the key, opens the front door and goes on with the game), which doesn't make much sense in context (nobody else goes to sleep and the player sleeps at their own leisure). If it's possible to implement, it would make more sense if it started after leaving the starting room or just have it ticking from the start of the game. If not that, make the player search the closet for some reason.

Actually, there already is a reason to search the closet- though it's not there yet. I made a Strawpoll to gauge how people feel about that mechanic, since I imagine that some people might not want to trigger naptime immediately.

While we're here, here's a few suggestions:

Add a clock somewhere or something that tells the player how long they have before naptime. If the map ever gets bigger, it might get harder to get back to that one room in time if you don't know how long you have to play around.

Good idea- and I just added it. As of 0.7.0, as long as naptime is enabled, you will be able to ask Penny "How long until naptime?" to see how many turns remain. Thanks for the suggestion!

Let the player wait until naptime after the bell rings if they're in the room. Nothing wrong with making it then spamming "wait" until it's time, but it's slightly more practical, especially if you enter early.

This one might be trickier considering all the special cases to be considered. For instance, what would happen if someone with a full bladder tried to wait all 30 turns until naptime at once? Still, let me see what I can come up with. I want this game to be the absolute best omo/DL RPG possible.

Edited by YesIamThatDan (see edit history)

I found another bug which I actually found since the last version but I forgot to report. When you try to go past the Energetic Girl while the sprinkler is still on, the text message that comes up is like this "No way, Jose! You'll get your diaper all wet!"

My character wasn't named Jose, so it seems like you forgot to add PlayerName function here.

5 hours ago, Takanabe Aohi said:

I found another bug which I actually found since the last version but I forgot to report. When you try to go past the Energetic Girl while the sprinkler is still on, the text message that comes up is like this "No way, Jose! You'll get your diaper all wet!"

My character wasn't named Jose, so it seems like you forgot to add PlayerName function here.

i think that's just a pun 

Hey all- development on the second floor is still coming along well. Here's a status update:

• Map is completed, with all entrances/exits added
  • 1/3 enemies completed
  • Item randomizer completed for second-floor items
  • Furniture added for the classroom, and part of the computer room.
  • 1/2 NPCs completed (no sex scene yet) (also no art yet, waiting for my next paycheck before I commission it)
  • 3/? pieces of equipment added

Unless someone discovers a game-breaking bug, forcing me to release a fixed version, there won't be more releases before 2F is done. To quote Miyamoto, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever."  Don't worry though, I will continue working diligently as always!

-------------------

On a related note, I'm having some trouble coming up with enemy ideas that would 'fit in' on the second floor (2F), which contains: 
- A computer room
- A library
- A potty training classroom
The kicker is that the enemy must also be open-ended enough that it can have multiple attacks, as well as unique 'cutscene' text for these scenarios:
- Player gets KO'd
- Player submits to the enemy voluntarily
- Player gets too horny to fight, and the enemy "helps them out" (can be similar to the submit scene tho)

I'm really excited about the enemies I've made so far, including the first 2F enemy, the Infected Laptop. However, most other ideas I've had have run up against one simple issue: There's not always enough material to work with sexually. (For instance: How is, say, a computer mouse going to 'have its way' with you?)

I also don't want to borrow enemies from Sunny Paws Day Care, if possible- although its creators have given me full permission to do so, I don't want PANTS' Labyrinth to be stuck in SPDC's shadow forever. (I might add the Hypno Bot, though.)

TL;DR: I'm looking for suggestions for enemies to write into the second floor! (Btw, I will give you a special shout out if I include your suggestion.)

--------------------

One last thing:

On 10/21/2021 at 11:53 PM, Takanabe Aohi said:

It hadn't occurred to me that this might be unknown, so I must humbly apologize. "No way, José!" is just an expression in English meaning "Absolutely not." 

19 hours ago, YesIamThatDan said:

TL;DR: I'm looking for suggestions for enemies to write into the second floor! (Btw, I will give you a special shout out if I include your suggestion.)

You could have a possesed training potty with a look similar to the toilet monster. KO or submit could give you a debuff similar to the toilet so you are too afraid to use the training potty. Or maybe it spawns shackles that hold and push you to sit on it until you release your pee and poop.
For the sex... a water faucet or a tongue while you sit on it?

How about humanoid enemies for once? A potty trainee for the Potty Training Classroom would be fun I think. I think it would be cute if the trainee is princess themed, with frilly pink short dress, a tiara, and a pink pullup (perhaps already used).

For a technological enemy, you can go for a girl with glowing neon pink and white futuristic dress and a techno valkyrie helmet (like those anime forehead helmet with feathers to the sides but with glowing neon lines and glowing feathers) that attacks with a "vibro blade". If you're feeling spicy, maybe add a unique mechanic to her as a Swordmaster, so she could dodge or parry your attacks, maybe even counter attack, which could be limited to melee attacks.

I also thought about adding tiny flying pixies as enemies, where their themes would be centered around mischief, so their attacking style would be myriads of pranks that mostly targets stats other than health.

Oh right, I remember your terrible pun for the stair case, perhaps expand upon that a bit with a mystery afoot? So a diapered detective girl would be fun, maybe one of her attacks is finding out clues about the current state of your underwear using a magnifying glass while rubbing for evidence, which would target non-HP stats.

Ah yeah another thing, I noticed that you can...

Spoiler

Use the wiffle ball bat on a particular area to trigger a scene

But then, I wasn't able to do it again after I equipped it since the button "USE" disappeared. Is this a bug?

Here are some more bugs I noticed:

You stumble towards the potty, clutching your tummy. Panic flashes through your mind as your muscles barely hold in the mess. As you reach the potty, you quickly sit down and push as hard as you can. You feel relieved until you see Penny giggling and pointing at you. Looking down, the realization that you pooped yourself while sitting on the potty sinks in, filling you with shame. What kind of can't remember to take off their diaper before using the potty? 

"What kind of can't remember..." sounds unfinished, perhaps you meant "What kind of adult can't remember..."

In a flash of light, you are left in nothing but your messy . Penny's spectral hands lift you onto the changing table and hold you down so you cannot move. They carefully remove your smelly before disposing of it in the nearby diaper pail.

This text seemed to be missing the words "diaper". There should be that word after the words "messy" and "smelly".

Edited by Takanabe Aohi (see edit history)
On 10/26/2021 at 5:26 AM, Takanabe Aohi said:

Is this a bug? Because it feels like the player's name should come after the word "widdle".

TL;DR: It's either a bug or a typo. (Please do continue reporting these!) 

Certain lines of dialogue are coded to use different language depending on the name. For example, that line says "Widdle {player.myname} didn't tinkle in {player.their} big {player.kid} training pants, did {player.they}?" At the beginning of the game, you choose your name, your gender, and your genitals, which sets all of those values. If you set your name as Bob, for example, then a line that looks like "Hello, {player.myname}!" will say "Hello, Bob!"

If that line says "Hello, !" instead, this could indicate one of two problems:

1. The line of code has a typo and is referencing the wrong thing, like {player.name} instead of {player.myname}. In that case, the game will be "looking" in the wrong place, and therefore won't find anything, so will return a blank. This is a very easy fix- all I need to do is go to that one line of dialogue and fix it. EZPZ.
  2. The line of code is referencing the right thing, but the thing being referenced became messed up somehow. This is what happened with the "Diaper (worn)" bug: Certain dialogue will differ depending on whether your undergarment is called a "diaper", a "pull up", or "underwear". "Diaper (worn)" isn't any of those three (because the game uses exact string matching, not 'fuzzy' matching), so it caused a bug. This is much harder to fix, because it means that I need to find out exactly where/when the attribute got messed up. 

Anyway... I'm still hard at work on the next part of the game! Thanks for continuing to report any mistakes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dan,

great game so far. As you keep asking I managed to break your game 😉

If you lose more than 100% continence you are no longer allowed to use the potty.

Once naptime starts you are usually asked whether you need the potty or not. But if you by any chance are beyond the 100% potty training lost this is what happens instead with the game refusing any commands afterwards:

498123755_PantsLap_Naptime1.png.c48a714310b7607ef719ce7900b37d02.png2030627521_PantsLap_Naptime2.thumb.png.cfeb1881d968051c0b1331e2d28fbd1d.png

On another Note since I'm not too much into messing myself I'd like to get 2 different potty training values.

So the messing would work as usall but not influenced by pee accidents and empty bottles 😉 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, Menaiya said:

Love the game immensely. Just giving you some encouragement YesIamthatDan.  On a side note would it be impossible to have a cheat mode command or something? Another game I play called diaper quests gives you that option and the original sunny paws had it.  thanks.

The debug command activates debug mode and gives you the cheat mode item. You can edit your stats and so on with it.

7 minutes ago, Duckymomo00 said:

Any update??? Absolutely love the game so far

I'm still working hard on the next area- the second floor! It'll be the biggest update yet, so stay tuned.