Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What would happen if wetting wasn’t socially unacceptable?

So, I planned a week ago to write a long post on what I think the causes and effects could entail of this, but sadly my phone died and I couldn’t finish the post. So I’m just going to be briefer by giving my prediction of the effects of a world without public wetting shame.

What if wetting wasn’t socially unacceptable?

Well, first off I think that we need to realize one thing. As much as we may think this would be good would it really? One thing for me that drives this kink is the fact that it goes against societal values and makes me feel rebellious. I just think that as much as some may want it to be acceptable, it could take out some of the fun.

This is the first effect I think will happen. The drive for our kink will decrease and some of our amazing stories about how we somehow managed a public wetting without complete embarrassment will be null and void. All of those stories of seeing a rare witnessed wetting and the sheer embarrassment radiating from the person becoming common and the embarrassment going away.

Secondly, what would happen to this site? All of the stories we’ve read, the conversations on many different types of posts, and the experiences we share with one another might not even exist. Now, I may be over exaggerating, but this could be a possibility.

Thirdly, what happens to toilet training for kids? If parents aren’t so adamant about teaching their kids to make sure they go to the bathroom, how will they learn not to wet themselves? Will toilets soon become irrelevant and unused. Will janitors be more highly paid? Hey, you never know, we could just all be wearing diapers or making puddles on the ground at that point.

Ok, I know I’ve talked about all the bad things that could happen, but what about the good things? Well, now peeing yourselves won’t be discussed in hush tones and people will be more open to peeing themselves or seeing people pee themselves.

Another good thing is that self esteem isn’t shattered when wetting occurs. If it isn’t bad to wet yourself then you can’t be hit hard for it by everyone. This would save some people their dignity for sure.

There may be some bad things and some good things to it but remember, this is just a theory.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think, do you agree or not? I’d love to hear some feedback.

I'd find that really interesting to see tbh. I have definitely fantasised about people being able to just wet themselves openly before, like this. Practically, I can imagine workplaces being wetting-free zones and employers insisting everybody stays presentable at all times. But what then for the employees who have genuine accidents or were in genuine pain and felt they had no other option in the moment? Wettings would have to become a disciplinary matter to deter it from happening, meaning that they would likely have to prove it was a genuine accident.

Every time I have thought about this in the past, my mind falls down different rabbit-holes like this, relating to the practicalities of how it would work.

Edited by Windows XPee (see edit history)

Hi Redboi,

Interesting topic you have raised. Like yourself I have often pictured something along these lines. Before I mention the pros and cons I would say that the 'ideal' where wetting yourself is not taboo and can be enjoyed openly is actually our minds sub-consciously seeking acceptance for something we know is not socially acceptable but which is so deeply entrenched in our character that we don't want to give it up. 

As you have mentioned and WindowsXPee has added to, the practicalities, as we know today's world, would be overwhelming and there would always be a great public divide where the opinion would vary from 'disgusting' to 'empowering'. That said, if it were possible to open up the exposure a little more over time then someone who wets their pants/skirt in public may just be considered 'different' as opposed to totally weird. There would be the 'sensitivities' of those who have a genuine accident to be considered and maybe anyone who wets on purpose would be praised for going to their aid, both practically and emotionally. As far fetched as it may seem now, time has a habit of allowing the strangest things to become the norm, homosexuality for example 60 years ago was not only illegal but seriously frowned upon by polite society but look where that movement is now ! Not to mention the societal acceptance of it. Maybe even one day we could tag on the end of the LGBTQIA movement and become LGBTQIAW?

I think it is possible that a few places might spring up that are strictly for wetters in a similar way that naturists are catered for and this would encourage those with an interest in Omorashi activities to at least explore gently in an environment where they would be surrounded by those of like mind.

Apologies for not answering your question exactly but rather focussing on the likelihood of this being a possibility in the future.

Stay wet'n'happy,

Roger Ireland

42 minutes ago, Roger Ireland said:

As you have mentioned and WindowsXPee has added to, the practicalities, as we know today's world, would be overwhelming and there would always be a great public divide where the opinion would vary from 'disgusting' to 'empowering'. That said, if it were possible to open up the exposure a little more over time then someone who wets their pants/skirt in public may just be considered 'different' as opposed to totally weird. There would be the 'sensitivities' of those who have a genuine accident to be considered and maybe anyone who wets on purpose would be praised for going to their aid, both practically and emotionally. As far fetched as it may seem now, time has a habit of allowing the strangest things to become the norm, homosexuality for example 60 years ago was not only illegal but seriously frowned upon by polite society but look where that movement is now ! Not to mention the societal acceptance of it. Maybe even one day we could tag on the end of the LGBTQIA movement and become LGBTQIAW?

I never thought about it this way. It definitely is possible that it might turn into a two sided equation, with one group viewing it as “disgusting and unacceptable”, while one doesn’t mind and may even support it. It doesn’t seem like it would be as hot and cold as LGBTQ friendly vs LGBTQ unfriendly. It wouldn’t spark riots or be brought up in major court cases but it definitely would be a crossroads type of debate. There would also be those who don’t care one way or another as well. As I always say, society was meant to be divided. Honestly, a reality like this might just add to the chaos 😂.

Short answer is it would kill the mood (for me). The embarrassment/shame is tied into my desire. So if it was normal, that would be removed and I doubt I'd feel the same way. As it is I'm not overly turned on my on purpose wettings that don't involve them acting out a desperation scenario. 

What might be interesting -- and possible, even -- is that people start to talk more openly about bladder issues and it becomes not accepted, but not as shameful for people to sometimes have accidents. It is more common than people think, but a lot of people with struggles avoid going out. So, if people started to think of a wetting in the same way they think of someone twisting an ankle or falling down then it's possible that people that now stay home feel more comfortable going out. That, in turn, would likely mean there would be more public accidents.

I also think that a greater acceptance of accidents might give people "permission" to let go if they find themselves in a desperate situation. Rather than being in pain they might give up knowing that they won't be as shamed as they would be now. As I said, I could see these issues talked about more as the younger generation seems to share everything these days. About 1 in 10 people in their 20s have bladder issues so they are out there. 

I think this would be a good thing as long as it's within reason. Definitely don't make it socially acceptable in work places (basically anywhere subject to health and safety standards, where looking professional is a concern, or where someone other than the person doing the wetting will have to clean it up) but I don't think there's any risk of society taking the acceptance thing that far. 

What I think would be good, however, is making it socially acceptable under certain conditions. Basically, "If you have to pee, you should find a bathroom... but if it's to the point that it's physically painful and/or becoming a major distraction, it's best to just wet yourself." To that point, I think it would make it easier to go about having this kink as wetting would be something anyone would do if certain conditions are met, and (at least for me) wouldn't take out too much of the thrill (there's still the excitement of just letting it get that bad). Other areas where I could see more social acceptability re: wetting being a good thing would be fairground rides with long lines and outdoor music festivals; just in general, make wetting an acceptable alternative to losing a spot in line or missing something from a show, provided it doesn't add in a cleanup element that's not already present

In a world where wetting by adults was more socially acceptable, I think clothing would evolve to reflect that. Firstly in terms of underwear, whether that be full diapers/disposable pull-ups or just some form of partially absorbent or containing underwear becoming standard. And also with outer clothing, I don’t think people would wear jeans etc. that absorbed a lot and showed it. Dresses and skirts (and kilts…) so people could just stand with legs apart and wet through their underwear, and non-absorbent, loose and dark coloured fabrics where people did want to wear trousers/shorts, would be the sensible choices.

Edited by nappypants (see edit history)

je suis d'accord sur le fait que ça casse le coté embarras de l'omorashi / omustu  et aussi que tout les endroit ne peuvent pas être autorisé le mouillage (cuisine, laboratoire, les lieux qui on besoin d'un certains niveau d'hygiène) et aussi que ça diminuerai la capacité a se retenir général

je me dit aussi que si ça arrivais nos "vêtement" n'irai pas forcément dans la direction de l'absorption mais aussi des vêtements aqua proof !

et que un mouvement de mode qui direct que ce mouillé c'est normal mais que ce baladé en vêtements mouillé c'est ringard ferai que l'embarras pourrai aussi existé dans un monde de pisseur  🤔

mais se qui retiens mon attention c'est l'idée que notre communauté deviennent assez nombreuse pour rivalisé avec les naturistes ou autre  ça j'avoue ! ça pourrait être vraiment quelle que chose ou on y gagnerai tous !

- pouvoir plus facilement rencontré des gens qui partage nos gouts déjà je pense que l'on est nombreux ici a qui ce "simple" détail aurai un impact déjà conséquent !

- la création de "camp omorashi" comment dire que juste l'idée fait naitre en moi 30 millions d'idée, d'organisation, de jeux, de vacances, d'échange ! et ça pour tout les gouts de notre fétichisme par ce que je suis sur que l'on peu part différentes solution et moyen contenté tout le monde (si on est assez nombreux)  

- un explosion des jouet, accessoires, vêtements, etc destiné a l'omorashi / omustu et ce qui entour c'est fetichismes 

au final juste pour dire très bonne question @redboi je suis impatient de voir quelle autre reflexion les gens vont apporté  !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree on the fact that it breaks the embarrassment of the omorashi / omustu and also that not all places can be allowed to wet (kitchen, laboratory, places that need a certain level of hygiene) and also that it would decrease the ability to retain general
I also think that if it happens our "clothing" will not necessarily go in the direction of absorption but also aqua proof clothing!

and that a fashion movement that says that wet is normal but that walking around in wet clothes is tacky will make that embarrassment could also exist in a world of wetter 🤔

but what holds my attention is the idea that our community become numerous enough to compete with the naturists or other that I confess! it could be really something where we all win!

- to be able to meet more easily people who share our tastes already I think that we are numerous here to whom this "simple" detail would have an impact already consequent!

- the creation of "camp omorashi" how to say that just the idea makes born in me 30 million ideas, organization, games, vacations, exchange! and that for all the tastes of our fetish by what I am on that we can share different solution and means contented everyone (if we are enough numerous)  

- an explosion of toys, accessories, clothes, etc. intended for the omorashi / omustu and what surrounds it is fetishes 

in the end just to say very good question @redboi I am impatient to see what other reflexion people will bring!

I don't think much would change to be honest, but you wouldn't see people making as much of a big deal about it, they'd just see it as something that happens.  The most you might end up with is, if it happened in...say...a restaurant or a store, you might get a dirty look from whoever has to clean up the mess.  That's just for the accidental wettings though.  For intentional ones...I don't know, because doing this publicly and making a mess for others to clean up would probably still be frowned upon, because on top of being rude you might be damaging something if you...say...piss yourself on a leather-topped bar stool (and thus you could be held liable for that, as you would be for any other form of property damage).  If it happens outdoors and all you've done is make a sidewalk wet or something though, I don't think many people would care.

Some knock-on effects could be that you might see it happen more often in fictional media, and you might actually see less of it in the tabloids because it doesn't generate as much scandal if it becomes something more or less mainstream.  Still, these are some interesting questions to ask, particularly if you want to do some worldbuilding for a fictional setting.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)

My omo cousin liked boys (apparently any boys) to realize she was publicly peeing.  So she would probably have been more obvious about it.  Given that people around here already pee on beaches (if water cold or an undertow running), down low stone walls' blind side, behind bushes and into grass (if wearing skirts of bathing suits, they'd probably just be less covert about it.  On beaches they mostly pee between our large storm-beached tree trunks.  In other words people already pee wherever it won't cause any harm.  On beaches it mostly happens around small beach fires where after-dark means time to roast snack foods and drink whatever.  Usually folks sit on a beach towel with another wrapped around them and pee through their beach cloths and beach towel.  With a sweatshirt around the waist and carefully rolling their towel wet part hidden nobody notices in the dark.  In those cases people could be less secret.

In most other cases, a public pee could inconvenience others.  Presumably, homeless people would get less hassle over performing a normal function that must be performed.  Maybe being more aware of others' peeing, more people would overcome shy bladder.  Acceptable public peeing would be reason to select stain-resistant outdoor wear.  Maybe zip-crotch pants for women (at least for fire-side pees).

On 8/27/2021 at 5:23 PM, LizJWetting said:

I can only imagine it being acceptable in some circumstances. Doing it at work would be deemed unacceptable (perhaps unless you work in a place where you never interact with customers) and wetting yourself in public places that would require clean up, like shops or restaurants I imagine would also be frowned upon. But if it was totally normal to piss yourself walking down the street and nobody would think anything of it, that would be pretty cool I guess. Though the naughty aspect of wetting is part of what makes it fun, so that might spoil it a bit.

Yeah true. Just imagine bars, pubs and clubs though. You know all the men wouldn't care and most of us would just laugh as we pissed ourselves lol.

The amount of times I've been out with friends and one of them is bursting after their 3rd pint and laughs it off as they're leaking in their pants lol, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would love just letting it go if it was normal to, just for convenience alone! The queues for the toilets in pubs/bars/clubs are often long even for the mens!

15 hours ago, Windows XPee said:

Yeah true. Just imagine bars, pubs and clubs though. You know all the men wouldn't care and most of us would just laugh as we pissed ourselves lol.

The amount of times I've been out with friends and one of them is bursting after their 3rd pint and laughs it off as they're leaking in their pants lol, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would love just letting it go if it was normal to, just for convenience alone! The queues for the toilets in pubs/bars/clubs are often long even for the mens!

The bouncer would care when it comes time to throw your incontinent ass out for ruining another bar stool.

il pourrait y avoir des zones de mouillage 🤔 genre dans l'idée des zones fumeur 

puis on saurait que le bar est omoproof par ce que le videur serai déjà humide a l'entré 😈

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there could be wet zones🤔 like in the idea of smoking areas 

then we would know that the bar is omoproof because the bouncer would already be wet at the entrance😈