Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

I have posted this on my Patreon for some time now, and have decided to start publishing each chapter a month elsewhere. I’ve found this story to be one of my better stories I’ve written thus far. I hope you can enjoy the golden apple I’ve worked hard on!

Vampers

Halloween Trial

A Diapered Fantasy

By Takumi41

Chapter 1

The Vampire’s Lore

This world is filled with many beings. Small as a tiny lily, giant as the trees in a forest. Animals roaming the plains, humans dancing down the streets. However, this world doesn’t just have mere mortals that exist. A parallel world houses what humans consider “monsters.” These monsters can be beasts, witches, and even vampires. Though these monsters may seem scary, they do not chase after humans. In fact, the majority of them live in isolation.

I can tell you that is the truth because I am one of these “monsters.” With enhanced physical abilities and sharp fangs, I am a vampire.

My name is Viki, and I’m a twelve-year-old vampire girl. Growing up as a vampire on this side of the world hasn’t been difficult. As I mentioned before, with isolation, vampires normally don’t socialize. So, for all these twelve years, I’ve lived, I haven’t talked with a single human once. But I have always given it a serious thought and still wonder why we never do socialize with them. If I could, I would change that. That has been something I’ve dreamed about ever since I was younger.

As a vampire, I do have sharp fangs. So as a precaution, I’m pretty good at not showing my teeth to give it away. Unlike many beliefs there are of our kind, we vampires do not bite living beings to suck their blood. In fact, we don’t drink blood at all. Another misconception is that we don’t shapeshift into other forms either.

Despite our fangs, we don’t have many differences from the others, including humans. We get up at the same time, study, eat the same things and play. I suppose one of our significant differences, besides remaining reclusive, is that we have unusual abilities. The magical energy within us can be harnessed into many different shapes and forms. As well as being utilized for many tasks to make them more manageable.

Being part of the vampires, we have chosen to live away from the other beings in our world. This world being Earth—a planet that has two sides to it. One we often call the “Main” world or even “Human” world. The other is where I was born, the “Alter” world. The Alter world is a different realm than the Main one, where many differences can be spotted. Such as the living beings that reside there.

Even with our differences from humans, I lay awake with the sun’s beam through my window. Blinking my eyes, I feel a set of damp sheets under my white knee-length nightgown. Its scent drifting about the room. I, Viki, a twelve-year-old vampire, lay awake, finding my bed wet.

Sighing to myself, I cannot believe what has happened. I’m a twelve-year-old girl and a vampire, no less! I shouldn’t be wetting my bed! I scratch the scalp below my long ash-colored blonde hair before blinking my azure eyes a few times. Still, a wet bed is below me, and there’s nothing I can do about it.

Getting out of bed, I stepped in front of my mirror. The mirror had a floral design on the wooden edges that belonged to an older generation in my family. But here I was, looking at myself—a big wet stain on my nightgown. Brushing my hair with my fingers, I sigh to myself, glaring into the bright blue eyes.

Though this is the third wet bed in a row, I know I have to bring my sheets to the wash as soon as I get up. My parents called me out for not letting them know right away on the first day I had the accident. With that in mind, I began the process of striping the white sheets off the bed and taking the pink blanket off my bed. This bed had a valence decorated in a floral pattern—a bed that shouldn’t have been wet. Holding the needed to wash materials, I turned towards the door to my room.

Passing by an ornately carved round table with a large novel on top, I marched out of my room through the wooden door. Stepping out, I was greeted by a long hallway with several other rooms. Of course, the bathroom was to the left, but it wasn’t needed now in my current state. I could sense there should be no one down the path.

Pillowing through the hallway, I exit into a four-way path of hallways. Pictures lined on the walls, along with short tables with vases filled with flowers. The laundry room which I was seeking was straight across from the hall that my room was in.

Through an antique-looking wooden door at the end of the hall led to a room with white walls. Several washing machines and driers were placed in. This was the goal I intended to reach with my sheets—the laundry room.

A woman with black hair, a navy-blue collared knee-length dress with a white apron stood looking at me. She was one of our current maids to assist in our daily lives. Not to mention one I could trust with my current predicament.

The maid swiftly took hold of the sheets I currently held and put them in the nearby empty washer.

“I see the problem still persists, my lady,” the maid spoke with a curtsy.

“Unfortunate, but that does seem to be the case,” I sighed. “Thanks for your help, Miranda.”

“Of course, you can count on me to help lady Viki!” Miranda replied enthusiastically. However, her look of enthusiasm vanished into a head tilt. “Should I make mentions to the headmistress?”

The “headmistress” Miranda was referring to was my mother. Though it could make my life easier, I already made my decision the second I arose from my chambers.

“No, I chose to make her aware of the dilemma myself.”

“Ah, quite mature, I see,” Miranda smirked. “Well, if you’d require my assistance, do give me a call. Perhaps I can help you change from the current attire?”

Looking down showcased the wet-stained knee-length white nightgown with some details around the skirt. It was clear I should have changed out of them. “Nah, I prefer to showcase the evidence,” I twirled my hand in the air.

“Alright, well, I wish you the best of luck. Oh, I should tell you she’s in the main hall right now.”

“Thanks, Miranda. I shall go reveal the truth to my mother now then. Though, I’m not sure how to get her alone…”

“Ah, here, let me assist you with that.” After making her statement, Miranda wrapped me with a pink blanket. “This should hide you from the others from knowing.”

I smiled, looking up to her calm crimson eyes, “Thanks!” With a quick wave and an exchange of curtsy’s, I exited the laundry.

The main hall was several more corridors and stairs down to reach. This was currently the most enormous estate mansion my family-owned. Even though it wasn’t as big as our primary home, I still found it rather pleasant. This estate served its purposes rather well to my family every year around this time—of October.

Once I reached the mansion's main hall, I could spot a woman with a full-length navy-blue dress. This dress had floral embroidery on the collar, a pair of sleeves that streamed below the waist, blonde hair well below her shoulders—my charming mother. My mother was currently directing a few of our maids on how to “decorate” the place. At least, how to decorate it to her vision. The decoration was getting prepared for the month’s event in October—Halloween. Unlike humans having a spooky atmosphere with cobwebs, tombstones, and monsters, we vampires dapper the location with silky white drapes and celebratory flowers. There are other kinds of accessories that go into play. Still, it goes into our celebration of Halloween that vastly differs from mere mortals.

Clamoring my way towards the top of the regal rug-covered stairs, my mother looked in my direction. I was glad she did too, as any closer, and I’m sure the maids would be able to smell my accident.

“Well, good morning, sweetheart,” My mother exposed her fanged smile. However, she looked at the current attire. “I see you haven’t prepared yourself for the day…and possibly a dilemma?”

I looked towards her, then to the side. “Yeah…about that.”

My mother turned to look at the maids, “Um, can you wait for us while we talk in private.” With no rebuttal, my mother swiftly jaunted up the stairs, took my hand to the nearby room to the right while the pink sheet drifted along the floor. This white textured door had carvings of a dragon placed over the exterior—fitting for the main hall entrance. Behind the expensive door was a table in the center with floral decorations at the corners. It was not the prettiest room in the estate, but used for conversation with lesser individuals.

Closing the door behind her, my mother took a deep breath. “I see you had another accident during the night.”

The thought of it brought overflowing mist steam in my eyes, “Yeah…I’m actually worried, mother…” Unable to hold back, I leaped into my mother's arms, escaping the blanket around me. “This is my third accident in a row…But I’m a vampire…a princess no less! This is absolutely unbecoming of me!” Tears began flowing down my eyes.

Before I could speak anymore, my mother brushed my hair. “Shh. Shh. It's okay. Everything’s okay! I know the issue brings about a sour taste, but I know it won’t persist forever. There’s an abundance of girls your age who soil themselves at night. This isn’t anything to worry over.”

“But…I’m a princess!” I barked back with tears.

“That doesn’t matter. Every girl has a set of hardships to overcome—that includes princesses. So, you don’t need to worry over something this meek. But if it troubles you so, lean into me longer. For no matter your status as a princess, queen, or common girl, you will always be my precious little gem! Now let your mother shred those fears of yours.”

The instance her grasp ensnared me tight, a pleasant sensation quaked within my tiny frame. I attempted to exchange the same snare.

“It’ll all be okay. Mother loves you obsessively. Just soothe into my arms, and everything will be just.”

I closed my eyes, grasping my mother tight. Her grasp relocated below my waist, and she held onto my petite bottom. Not realizing the full extent my mother did, I grew closer to her heartbeat. Laying up against her delicate chest, I curled my body—almost fetal. My mother's soft fragrance and hums were the only thing I could sense from my keen observations.

Opening my eyes once more, I perceived my location had changed. Mother caressed me to a nearby chair, holding me tight in her arms. Despite me having grown from my infantile stage in life, this was something I’d always cling to. My love for my mother flourished, and it persistently shows.

If I ever needed my troubles to melt, my mother would sacrifice to make it so. This care she has done so openly in the past earned her the title of “nurture queen.” Despite wanting to grow up, it always warmed my heart even at this age. Though, we only hug in private locations like this due to our status.

“I’m sorry for having you do this for me…” I glanced downwards.

“Please, it warms me to hold you,” My mother smiled. “So, think nothing of it as long as you feel better.”

“Okay!” I beamed in her direction. “Can I stay like this a little longer, mommy?”

“Of course you can.”

“Hehe, yay…” Closing my eyes once again, I curled my legs to an even superior angle. With one hand still clasped around my mother, I wrapped my legs with my open hand—thus entering a fetal position.

The short hums my mother presented warmed my body. Once I felt fully calmed down, I reopened my eyes once more. Leaning up, I hopped off her lap.

“Feeling better, hon?” My mother questioned.

“Yup!” I landed with a twirl.

“That’s good then. I was beginning to worry if it was affecting you. The last couple of days, it took us by surprise. Even though you seemed fine, I still worried about how you were processing it.

Given how the mood vastly changed, I smiled at how informal our private conversation moved. “Yeah, it still bothers me, but not as much now.”

“That’s good, just remember, even though you are a princess, accidents happen to the best of us. Though, I won’t deny it…it doesn’t happen to many vampires…”

“Wait…what?” I felt stunned.

“That doesn’t matter though, you’re our special little princess!” My mother quickly hugged me.

“Hehe.”

“Well, let us not worry about it for the rest of the day, alright. But if it does happen again, we might need to consider a solution.”

“Okay, I agree to that.” It was true. The notion was pointless to ponder about. Despite the idea of what “fixing” the problem could entail, we’ll just have to cross that bridge.

“Alright, hon, you should get yourself ready for the day,” My mother scanned my nightgown.

I did question the possibility my mother did wonder why I was still wearing the same soiled clothes, but it seemed she didn’t care. The only thought to care about was my well-being. “I can reason with that notion. Probably a good thing too, because I kind of need to go potty now.” The urge didn’t really show itself as I was contently laying in my mother's arms, but a notion of desperation took form. Clasping my legs together, I put my right hand on top of my stained nightgown to hold the best I could.

“A good thing indeed. Otherwise, I might be wiping my daughter’s urine off the floor. And I’d have to change my pristine clothes.”

“Yeah, I almost took a nap too…”

“If you had, I’d most likely be getting Miranda with a mop bucket about now then.” She gave me a devilish smirk showcasing her fully grown fangs.

“Haha yeah, well, if you’ll excuse me then.”

“Have a good bath, sweetie! I’ll have the maids prepare us breakfast in the meantime, so take your time, okay.”

“Okay,” I walked up to the door. “One last thing, mommy,” I started dancing in place.

“Yes, Viki?”

“Hehe, I love you!” I beamed before scurrying out the door without waiting for a response.

I didn’t believe I had it in me to reach the bathroom I would be performing my bath in, so I stopped at the nearest one. Sitting on the porcelain throne, I began to relieve myself. Thinking to myself, I am a twelve-year-old vampire princess, relieved to have made it and not an accident on my mother's lap. Once finished, I flushed the toilet of my waste, closing up the pitstop with a wash of my hands.

Now that I could sigh in relief that I didn’t fail to keep the current attire clean a second time, I proceeded towards the area my room was located. The bathroom of my preferred tub was located over in that location.

Within the same hall of my room, which door was currently closed, I continued to the end of the hall. Turning the handle led to a bathroom, which walls were covered by a pastel blue, a taque flooring (similar to marble), and small bird creature designs depicting a snazu throughout. Although the bathroom design seemed more of a childish feature, I mainly have fawn memories of it.

The bathroom was about half the size of my room. A wall divided the portion with the toilet and bathtub. A double vanity across from the tub made it fun to change which side to use each day. But the critical part was the tub that was built for someone the size of my mother. So, no matter how much I’d grow, I’d always be able to enjoy a pleasantly warm bath in this bathroom.

Without a moment's hesitation, I turned the handles for warm water fill the tub. Stripping off the dried wasted clothes, I look in the cabinet under the sink. Once I find the pink bottle, I procure it with a fanged grin. With a naked skip in the air, I opened the bottle above the tub. Pouring a fair bit of the bottle's contents out into the tub as its levels rose up caused a bubble effect to take place.

A bubble bath of this nature helped me calm down with the assistance of the aromatherapy scents to be sprayed. The sprays occurred through motion, so once I would get in, a soothing aroma would be gently poured into the atmosphere. It was similar to having a candle, though my parents didn’t trust me with fire, even near an open source of water.

Turning the handles once more the other way caused the water to stop pouring from the faucet. Stepping into the pleasantly warm water with a smile, a relaxing scent blew my direction. Soaking my hair under the water as my fingers felt the bubbles, I felt far better than I did before.

No maids would come to aid us in cleaning up, given that was not a duty we had given them. As a vampire, we prefer to take things into our own hands. Plus, it would take away from the relaxing atmosphere under the presence of someone else. Or so that’s what my mother always told me when I asked in the past.

Finishing up this lengthy soothing soak, I unplug the drain. As the water level slowly sank, I rose up out of the tub. Hoisting a pure white towel made with a soft fabric made for royals, I proceed to dry myself off. Wrapping the towel around myself, I find myself ready for the next step in the daily routine.

Following my earlier tracks outside the door, I take a detour into my room. If the day were to present itself like any other, well besides my nightly accident, I should find a set of clothes prepared for me in my room.

Pushing open the door, I found as I would have expected—a clean set of clothes picked out from the maids hand-picked by my own style. Even though we do not have maids assisting us through our daily needs such as bathing, they still help straighten things out, like getting our clothes battle-ready. Although, I am the final say in the style they choose. For this current time, I have set the type to be cute. I choose this style, as I admire the kinds of clothes they’ve picked out for it.

In the current case, I see laid in front of me a silky dress. This white knee-length dress is slightly different from your average dress. The top part has a collar with a sash tied around the chest with a similar pair of sleeves that my mother had. For the bottom half had frills at the hem. Lastly, a couple of comfy black leggings followed by white undergarments that have a cute little black ribbon.

If the clothing were a bit trickier to put together, a maid would stay behind to assist us in putting the equipment on—typically Miranda. However, that doesn’t appear to be so for this case. So, I begin the equipment process by dropping my towel.

Once I finished equipping the dress, it drooped an inch below my knees. Admiring the frills at the hem, I find myself excited how today’s outfit turned out. Stepping into the regal floral mirror in my room, I take a good look as I turn and twist my body to view at different angles. Smiling with my fangs, I am delighted at today’s choice of clothing. However, my hair wasn’t in the best of shape, given it was still wet. So, I scoop the towel I used and head back over to the bathroom.

Back in the bathroom, I step in front of the mirror to locate a nearby brush and hairdryer. I could call for a maid or even my mother to do this for me, but I felt the need to be a big girl since my recent accident. After I’d finish this procedure, I would have an excellent breakfast to look forward to.

Now that I have been prepared, I continued out the bathroom doors down the main hallway I used before. Near the main hall on the ground floor was a corridor with a set of doors leading to my next destination. With our family now up and battle-ready for the day, we could proceed our breakfast operation.

Opening up the regal wooden door leads to a set of decorated white-clothed tables with a vase of colorful flowers to the right. Gorgeous glass ornaments hanging effulgent from the ceiling. A large circular table with a white cloth covering is placed at the center. Elegantly crafted chairs resting against the table for guests to enjoy. As well as my mother and a well-dressed vampire-man with dark hair.

They noticed my presence and turned my way with a fanged smile. Returning their kind expression, I endured up to my mother to take my seat between her and the male vampire. First looking up to my mother, then I look over to the man who is my kind father giving both of them a warm smile. Now that I had taken my seat, we could proceed to the main dishes for our breakfast.

The family I sat next to is the current queen and king of all vampires within our nation. Much like other monarchs that exist within the world, the royal family's blood is passed on. Royal blood runs through the veins of our current king—my father.

Our kind never took much the interest of inbreeding to keep the royalty “pure,” so the majesty would always be looking for lovers as they grew up. According to the story, my mother tells me how the two of them got together on a starry night. They had known each other for several years and supported one another but didn’t have romantic feelings at first. “Until that starry night,” my mother would say with a giggle ending the story.

Despite not knowing the exact details, I ended up coming about the world due to the two of them which I am grateful for. Perhaps one day I’ll get to know, but I am happy to be their daughter for now.

Being their daughter would mean that the royal blood runs through me—much like my liquids at night. That would have me be the royal princess. Unlike other princesses, our kind has been protective of each individual’s decision since ancient times. Thus, the princess in our kingdom wouldn’t be marketed off to another country just to “strengthen the countries ties.” The thought of it disgusts me.

Having my decision being respected would mean if I desired a different path than royalty, I can pursue it. However, my parents and other relatives love saying how I’m the spitting image of the very revered Kassandra. Kassandra was one of our very early empresses who saved our kind from being forced into slavery by other beings. Supposedly her famous quote is “love our surroundings, but perish not.” Though no matter how many times I look over at her portrait, I can’t find the similarities. I mean, sure, we have the same hair color and eyes…not to mention I completely agree with that quote. To appreciate everyone for who they are, but to care for our kind first before moving into agreements with the other species was more or less how I perceived it.

Given this comparison has had me a little troubled to figure out my path for my own future.

“Now that I have my two favorite girls at the table,” my father began to speak. “We can discuss a short bit of these upcoming days. As I’m sure you are aware, Halloween is coming soon, and that will mean I’ll be busy into the late evening.” He looked towards me and gave a bright expression. “Of course, I will always make myself available at our usual time.”

By “usual time,” he was referring to the time he instructs me. As a princess and a vampire, I do not go to any kind of institution for schooling. At least the leading vampires have voted against it.

“I have plans in the process currently in the works as well,” my mother spoke up.

At this point, they continued to explain their business relations with the government board and cabinet members. This had been a process I have come accustomed to given my twelve years of being a princess. Though it always sounded like a lot of work went into each Halloween.

Unlike the mortals who would dress up as fowl creatures to greet each doorstep with a demand for sweets, we vampires send our proper respects and thanks to those before us. Such a tradition was put into place closer to a thousand years back. Back in those times, vampires were relegated to the shadows just for how different we were despite the majority of us only trying to mind our own business. That was till a group of vampires banded together and eventually formed their own civilization outside. Thanks to their efforts, we can live in comfort, isolated from the disasters that sprung from others.

Hidden from human knowledge, Halloween is only an adopted term from us. From what I have studied about this holiday, humans did stumble on a ceremony in the process. Those humans took that knowledge, ignorant that it was a group of vampires, and spread information to others. The following year, it began as a pagan tradition as some means to celebrate spirits.

However, their Christian churches didn’t approve of this belief. They began spreading treats at their doorsteps to the youth to prevent them from participating. The church had a lot of success in this and shut down the pagan ritual.

Despite it being shut down, the idea was continuously passed down. Eventually, the great depression hit America, which caused the idea to cause mischief in most youth. Given the problem it was causing, they ultimately gave the kids treats at the doorsteps once again. A tradition they adopted from miscued beliefs long before that belonged to us—Halloween.

“With Halloween approaching,” I began to voice myself. “I wanted to experience the traditions human children would perform.”

After I voiced my desire, silence filled the room. I understood my wish was like a comet in chances, but it was still one I desired fulfilled. As we vampires have grown to recluse away from other societies, we trade with them. We’ve only grown better at hiding these years, and something inside me just didn’t like that, though.

A heavy sigh escaped from my father, “You know very well that we cannot interact with their kind. Especially the history our kind has endured. I’m sure you’re also aware of how terrible they treat themselves! How the woman of their kind have suffered through so many hardships and the discrimination just based on one’s own skin!”

I began to pout, “But they have changed their ways long since then. It's only our stubbornness that keeps us from changing. Plus, I thought it could be a start to show the government and our people those changes!” Hmph! I remember hearing you say something similar to that too!

We continue to glare at each other till we hear my mother clearing her throat. “W-well, regardless of this matter, your father and I will be unavailable for some time. So, we will have to leave you to the care of our maids once again.”

I exhaled a heavy sigh, “Sigh, again. I thought you’d think about a different possibility for me this year.”

“I’m sorry, sweetie,” My father stated solemnly. “I know you don’t like being in the care by our maids, but it isn’t like we have many other options.”

My mother looked at me with a sour expression, “You know our maids would be just like hiring a sitter anyways. Plus, I thought you were close with Miranda?”

“I-I am! I thought I was grown enough to be left alone, though,” I puffed.

“B-but…sigh,” my father wrinkled his brow. “Look, we’ll think about this later, alright. We can enjoy our meal then and begin your studies for the day.”

“Alright,” I gave in. It wasn’t something I felt pleased with for the idea. Still, my options didn’t seem very existent besides being left with the maids. Although I did feel alright with them here and helping out whenever it just didn’t feel right without my parents being present.

With breakfast taken care of, I could now begin my daily studies. As a princess, I was homeschooled—through with the best education to offer. A majority of vampires were often homeschooled, though. Not many public schools existed for us to gather to, as generally there wasn’t enough of our kind to fit that demand. The fertility rate of vampires had been relatively stagnant for many centuries. Still, I suppose it’d make sense for our kind, given we do tend to live longer than the average mortal.

The first subject I would tackle today would be mana harnessing. However, it was specialized to my physique. Unlike other vampires who typically graduated harnessing in their elementary days, I was a particular case. The mana inside me was far refined in comparison—thus, I had a more substantial capacity for mana usage.

Granted the subject field had sparse research available for proper instructors, it would fall to my father to instruct me. From what I’m aware of, mana is generally genetic. Which would mean my father should also have a higher capacity than the average vampire. However, it sometimes can be spontaneous and unpredictable. So, it's generally genetic to a certain degree of percentage.

My father first taught me that I was a unique case when it came to a vampire’s mana. Even though the royal family is lucky in children rich in mana, I was essentially an absurdly large diamond. Not yet refined, but no value could compare.

Hence when we had instructors try to teach me at a young age, they would all abandon their position due to a lack of understanding my physique. Thus, due to no other vampire being able to visualize my being, my father decided to be my instructor and made sure to cut enough time for it.

The best suitable location for harnessing mana is in a peaceful environment. So, our typical classroom was in the green room located in the back of the mansion. Many colorful flowers flourished alongside the greenest trees the world could witness. The half-dome shape was covered in window paneling to give a fantastic view outside. This room had a spectacular view at night when the moon sparkled through.

Taking our seats in comfy outdoor seating arrangements, my father and I would begin the instructions.

“Alright, sweetie, before we begin, let us meditate,” My father stated. This was a widespread routine I had been accustomed to. The meditation was to assist in harnessing one’s own state. At least that’s what I was told.

Sitting with my legs crossed on top of each other, I put my hands together, closing my eyes. Slowly breathing in through my nose—witnessing many gorgeous scents around me before exhaling out my fanged mouth. A tranquil feeling came to me.

“That should be enough for meditation. Now let us proceed with today’s procedure,” My dad stood up. My eyes opened up and followed in suit. “Today, I think you are ready to graduate to the next stage.”

“Oh really?” I felt shocked. It was about a couple of years back before my father stated something similar and when our subject field changed. I’m still unsure what the importance of all that I had learned was, but my father tells me I have a pure talent for it.

“Yup, as a matter of fact, you’re getting close to surpassing your father,” he said with a pleased expression. “It wasn’t till my late teens for when I got to this stage. So, it has me very pleased to see how much progress you can make this early on. As a father, it has me undoubtedly happy, and as a vampire, I am curious to see where you might go.”

“I see…” I said, blushing away. The sudden praise felt very good, but I tried my best to contain it. “What will we be covering now?”

“Well, as we have covered the subjects of harnessing your mana, circulation, and the idealization stages, it’s now time for you to learn how to harness it in other means.” Hearing the term had me perk my ears in interest for what it could mean. “So, for today’s first lecture will be about self-defense. But I first wanted to mention that your mother and I are both on the fence about you learning this. As we always want to be there for you, is there really a means to teach you self-defense? That was when I recalled my old instructor and retainer.”

The term “retainer” stuck out to me, as I remember the old gentle Frederick. He was a kind man that I came to love, and I called him my uncle. However, he passed on many years back when I was still relatively young. Those tears I had I still remember to this day.

“Well, Frederick once told me that even though I may be royalty, would that mean I shouldn’t have a need to learn self-defense? But that would only weaken me to becoming an easier target. If I wanted to be defended at all times, at least the self-dense, I know would be there for me in dire times. It was through this teaching that had your mother, and I change our minds. So, with this teaching in mind, we can at least sleep easy that you can manage by yourself when the time comes.”

“Ah, that does sound like uncle Fred!” I smiled with my fangs peaking. “But I’ll do my best that I can!”

“That’s my girl! Now for today’s first lecture will be about putting something to sleep…”

The lecture and technique went on for about an hour before we stopped for the day. With a pleased smile, my father leads me back to my study room, where I would begin studying other subjects. Though the latter half of our instructions for self-defense, I couldn’t help but think about being able to spend time with mortals once again. I couldn’t help muttering “if only there was some way,” out loud. But he left me within the study, hoping me a good rest the day before sitting in meetings for the day.

I’ve once had several tutors come through to make sure I’m on a topic only to find I was advanced from where I should be. Thus, I’d continue to make progress on my own.

Several more hours of studying go by before I could call it a day, thus closing the book with a clump.

Now that I have finished all my studying, I could proceed through the day with my hobbies. The current hobbies in mind were reading and playing with my dolls. I know I was a bit old for playing with my dolls, but the process of imagination and how cute the dolls were constructed always had me returning for more.

As for the stories I enjoyed reading, I can’t help but admit I’m a stickler for princess novels. It's kind of embarrassing to admit that I, a princess enjoyed reading about other princesses. Though the kind I read about is more fairy-tale related. Where the princess becomes trapped, and a handsome prince slays a dragon to save them. Such romance I couldn’t help but admire. But I’ll sometimes lie, saying I like to read only about vampire mysteries.

Despite my enjoyment, the thoughts about another soiled bed remain in my head. Would I wake up with another wet bed? Was I severely different from a vampire? Was there something wrong with me? I couldn’t help but be somewhat afraid for my future. However, I could only hope there was at least some way I’d be able to bridge past the vampire’s issues of the outside world.

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 2

The Vampire’s Test

“I’ve always wanted a friend,” stated a cute voice. Her form was blurry, where I could only make out her general shape. She appeared to be my height, but also was a very young girl. “The world. My dream.”

“I feel the same,” I responded. Smiling at the girl, I held her warm hands.

Her form faded, and I was left staring up in my room. That dream. It feels so familiar. Despite being unable to recall the memory, I felt rested.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning as I began wiping my eyes. Laying in my luxurious bed absorbing all the hygge I could. However, it appeared I wasn’t the only thing sponging in the atmosphere. Feeling the sheets around my waist told me all I needed to know—I wet the bed again. Sighing to myself once again, I rose up to proceed the day like I did before.

Once again at the breakfast table, I continued to sigh to myself as things didn’t seem like they wanted to go my way. Results returned from our doctor, that we had check up on me after the second night, showcasing nothing was wrong with me. Although we kept it a secret that I wet the bed, it was clear something was off given this was my fourth time.

“What’s wrong hon?” My mother questioned. The look she gave me was one of great concern.

“Well as you are aware, I had another incident,” I could feel my cheeks turning red. “And it’s about what I asked of yesterday…” I couldn’t help but slump my head down.

“Oh, about that,” My father spoke up. “I may not be able to assist you in the nightly dilemma,” I turned utterly red hearing it from my father. “But I did think about it some more about your plead about visiting humans.” Despite looking down to my white skirt, my ear perked up. “I may have thought of a solution to satisfy your curiosity alongside not having to leave you alone with the maids.”

At this point I couldn’t help but turn to face my father—excitement pouring from my cheeks. “Oh, what is it father? Will I be allowed for a Halloween stroll? I assume this should be acceptable by the cabinet members?”

Our vampire society had a secondary form of government. The cabinet members belonged to the few reigning prime ministers. Our king, my father, typically had the head say in actions. However, the government was formed of different branches of power to keep things intact. They were the reason we even decorated the current estate for Halloween. We hold a main event elsewhere, but we still have officials who will drop by for a meeting or two.

He shook his head, “No, not that necessarily. But, yes, it very well should be.”

I pouted for a second given my first questions rejection, “Will it be going through a festival in one of their towns?”

“Haha, I think you need to stop thinking about the human’s Halloween here.” I couldn’t help but pout again. “What I had thought of was sending you to a human’s daycare center.”

I gasped in shock, “Eh, but that’s for really young children.”

“Well sweetie,” My mother spoke in a kind tone. “In our eyes you are still a very young child hehe.”

“Don’t bring vampire ages into this!” I shouted.

“Ahem,” Father cleared his throat. “I thought of this as a means of a test or trial run so to speak. That if you could pass it, then perhaps we might be more open to hearing your view points on the mortal world. I’ve made brief mentions to the members I met with yesterday and they accepted the proposal.”

“Oh, I see,” The idea sparked in my eyes.

“We’d drop you off at the daycare each day for a few days to see how you did, and judging from that we might accept your idea more. We’ll even pretend you’re a human girl as well to keep the news from arriving elsewhere. Though, I am certain you won’t even last a single day.”

Hearing that challenge inspired me to rise out of my seat. “Hmph, I bet I could last a whole month—no a year!”

“So, you accept my trial of the daycare then?”

“Yes, I’ll gladly take it on,” I smiled with my prideful fangs.

“Alright, good.” My father smiled back. “We’ll call this the Halloween trial then going in the future.”

“Okay! But are you sure it’s okay for me to be at an institution for humans? You did say the officials you met with accepted, but I’m still unsure of the security concerns.”

My mother cleared her throat to speak so we both turned to her direction. “We planned about it and the location will be rather remote and you’ll have no concerns for safety. In a way, it’ll be like you are left in care of the maids, just caretakers instead.”

“Hmm, so either way I’m going to be treated by maids regardless.” It isn’t like Miranda’s care is a bad thing. But from the stories mother and the books have told me, most members of the royal family have gone independent from receiving check-ins from their caretakers at a younger age. That way they can make a choice for their future, or so I was told.

“I suppose you could think of it that way, just one gives you a chance to see humans.”

Despite being in the care of others, it wasn’t such a bad trade-off. However, I couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if I failed this trial. “So, what happens if I give up on this Halloween trial?”

“Then you’d be left with the maids again,” My father spoke up once again. “Though I’d expect less conversations about human traditions in the future then.”

“I see,” I nodded in return. “So, when was I going to this daycare then?”

“Judging as you are in acceptance of the Halloween trial, tomorrow.”

“Oh okay…wait tomorrow?!” I felt shocked. “That’s really soon.”

“Not like we have much time to dilly dally ourselves, so it’s the only time that works out. I apologize if it doesn’t give you much time to prepare.”

“No, no I’m fine,” I went back to eating. “I’ll do my besh.”

“Hehe,” My mother laughed. “I’ll make sure to take you down there myself.”

“Thanks darling,” My father swooned.

“Not now Albert,” My mother blushed. “But after breakfast though…”

“I’ll look forward to it then, my love.”

“Um, let’s just eat our breakfast already!” I blushed from the uxorious act. Mother will take me huh? I suppose this really will be making it a large secret with few in touch. I’m guessing daddy met with his most trusted members then to briefly mention an idea of this caliber.

After his run-in with my mother, Father appeared to have a few government members join in for a meeting. The three gentlemanly figures would give me a bow when they saw me. I’d provide them with a curtsy and a bright smile wishing the plans be made swiftly and successful. Halloween had a lot of different topics than a tradition after all. So, I could imagine father having to deal with other parts of the country that require more resources here and there.

Given it was Sunday, it was my only day off from studies in the week. However, I couldn’t help but stress over the events that were to come—going to daycare.

I have nothing to worry about, I am very intelligent after all. So, what if the humans treat us different, I’ll prove that they have changed! I’ll use my brain to figure something out on how to interact.

The term “trial” came to mind again, which typically means a period of testing. But in this case, I was going to have a testing period of visiting with humans in a daycare setting. I felt a little confused in what I was actually going to be tested on though.

Perhaps I’ll be tested on how many friends I make? Or possibly if I become leader of all the kids there? Hmm, though if I want to be ready, I should do a little research in how this daycare may operate.

Venturing to our private library, I ask some of the maids there to help me find books that have a daycare. Finding a seat in the center round table, I scan the area to see two stories high of book shelves—each shelf filled with books. I wasn’t sure about the room's exact dimensions, but it was reasonably large of a room. Though the room did have an older smell to it and ornate statues decorating spaces. However, our main castle’s library was four stories high! You could begin reading there and have enough books to last a normal human life.

Despite the reduction in size, I was still confident there’d be something in this library that at least mentioned a daycare.

“Here you are milady,” A maid with braided brunette hair bowed as she dropped off a few books.

“Ah thank you very much Suzy,” I responded with a smile.

The process repeated with the other maids tasked with supporting me until I had about a dozen books to go through.

Well now comes the tough part, skimming to find what I need! Without a moment’s hesitation, I brushed through the first book in the pile. The title was “Fairy in the Alley,” which told me it must’ve been some fairy tale. But any mentions to a daycare or how it proceeded was all I needed.

“Kids have a nap. Kids have a lunch. Kids come and play.” I find myself sitting in a small red plastic chair listening to a string of sayings from children in the small room. Each child was relatively monochromatic and had the same appearance.

“Kids have a nap. Kids have a lunch. Kids come and play.” They continued marching around the room. Right next to me was a short table with a very childish drawing placed on top.

Did I do this drawing? The drawing looked like a kid who was four carelessly scribbled with crayons. However, the shape that resembled a blonde-haired girl in the center had triangles under her smile—most likely me.

A stinging sensation brew through me as I felt the need to pee.

“Kids have a nap,” they continued on. “Kids have a lunch.” I began crossing my legs. “Kids come and play.” I closed my eyes. “Kids have an accident!” They shouted towards my direction. It was no use holding on as I began relieving myself right then and there. A stream dampened my black leggings with tremendous force. Feeling a tear down my cheek, I opened my eyes.

I quickly leapt up, finding myself in bed. It was only a dream… At least that’s what I thought…Checking under my pink comforter and white sheet, a cold damp stain had already been marked. The odd dream that led to me having an accident, also had me having one in the real world.

“Sigh, could things get any worse,” I pouted holding my cheek to the side. “Kids have a nap,” I hummed to myself. Oh no, I’m not singing that song from my dream. Especially if the last part happens again.

The current time was now 2:15 pm—the time of my departure. I stood in the main hall with a white collared shirt and a black knee-length skirt. Wasn’t my usual attire, but it would be necessary to blend in with humans. Waiting by the door, my mother walked down the stairs with a black button-up suit and a straight full-length black skirt. She must have finished changing as this wasn’t fit for a vampire of her status.

“Well sweetie, I believe it’s time we took you to your first day of the Halloween trial,” My mother spoke.

“You’re going to take me?” I stood confused. Given this was a task to be done in secret, I didn’t think my mother would be going herself. Though, it would explain her outfit swap. Not to mention she did say she would the previous day. But I wasn’t certain if that was the truth then.

“Why of course,” She replied with a smile. “I am your mother, so I’d rather feel calm knowing that the location I’m going to drop you off at was safe. Plus, I already talked to them over the phone, so it’d be better if I dropped you off. I also mentioned this yesterday”

“Oh, okay if you say so.” I didn’t mention it, but I turned away hiding my pointed grin. I’m happy mother is taking me instead of our maids. Miranda was busy right now, so I was expecting someone else.

“Well, we should get going then.”

“Okay!”

Walking through the royal estate, we found ourselves in the back quarters. The given path we traversed had me guess our destination—the transport.

Mother opened the next wooden doors that lead to a very ornated room. Ornaments hang everywhere alongside a circle inscribed with rune language in the center. This current room is what we’d call the transport room. The apparent reason I had to guess, was that it’d allow us to warp to one of our other locations instantly.

Stepping in the circle alongside my mother, the runes began to light up before engulfing us in a pure white light. Though bright, it wasn’t blinding. Followed by the shimmering sounds as it skewed us to a different location.

As the sounds and light dispersed, my vision was filled with a darkened wooden room. Given the general size of the room, I had to guess this was one of our secret hideout locations.

“Why this location?” I asked.

“Ah,” mother looked over to me. “This hideout is right on the horizon.”

“I see,” I nodded. The “horizon” she mentioned meant it was near a portal leading to the human world.

Exiting out the single dark wooden door, lead to a short circular road. The circular drive-way had a single vehicle in wait. It was a black mini-van type vehicle—though I was terrible in understanding the current brands us vampires had. This present type wasn’t one we’d typically use.

“Is this ours?” I looked over to my mother with a puzzled look.

“Ah, yes, it is,” She responded. “Your father procured it the night before. Given we are to be traveling to the human side, it’d be best we blended in correct.”

“I see. I concur with that, hence why I asked for a more human look.”

“Interesting, I suppose that’s why you aren’t wearing any of your frilly dresses today. Though, I did have the same thought.”

“Yup,” I smirked with pride.

“Well, aren’t you darling today though,” she began pilfering the top of my head. I could only blush in response.

She walked over to the driver side on the left, so I opened the door to the passenger side. Given the human side was going to be in America, I figured the vehicle was set to that type.

With the engine ignited, our seat belts were buckled. The vehicle began moving down into the street, eventually onto the highway towards the horizon.

Following the road with a single-vehicle traveling back, which was most likely merchant humans or another Alter being. There was little traffic than officials which was how the Madist, the country mages resided, law handled having a connection with America. I wasn’t too versed in the main side of culture, so I couldn’t pinpoint if this was to regulate Alter’s side coming and going. But I did know we should have safe travels to the other side.

For a short drive, we came up to the blue wall. This blue wall was as blue as the clear sky above us. Though clouds do form on the horizon as well, and has stars during the night. At least that’s what I’ve read about before. The horizon is also referred to the skyway given it shares the same appearance as the sky, despite being on the ground.

There was no trick to traversing across the skyway, except for going through it. However, there was a light in the center that was green. I wasn’t sure what that meant, but our vehicle ran into the skyway.

During the collision, the skyway shattered as if it were made of glass. However, pulling through the soundless glass led us to a different looking street. A road that was filled with a steady flow of vehicles. With houses around, and a different atmosphere, we indeed were not in Alter anymore.

“Um sweetie,” My mother had a concerned look. “I wanted to say I feel really bad that you had another incident in the night.”

“I-I,” I could only stutter and blush at the concept.

“I talked with your father before he left, and I agreed with him that we probably shouldn’t go any longer.”

“Any longer? I wish there was a way to put an end to it too!”

“I know, but we’re trying to say we might have to get something to help you.”

“Oh…” I instantly went silent.

“It’s okay sweetie, we can talk about it when you get back.”

I only nodded back.

“Alright now about the daycare. The plan is to drop you off around 2:30 pm and then get you between 5 to 6 in the evening. That’ll give me three to four hours then to help with the Halloween planning each day.

“Alright, so I have about three hours today then.”

“Yes. But I wanted to let you know something, your father and I aren’t exactly sure how to express your idea with humans, but we want to be able to support you. So, I want to apologize for how your father acted the other day when you brought it up. I know deep down he wants to accept his daughters view points, but he is the king after all. So, do your best sweetie!”

“Thanks mom! I will do my best!” After feeling a bit of motivation, the vehicle turned out into the main highway of the human-world.

Shortly after fifteen minutes sitting in the leather seat of the black mini-van, we pulled into a small parking lot. This parking lot was in the middle of the main road surrounded by company businesses. However, there was a nearby road that led down into a neighborhood.

Driving into the parking-lot, mother directed the van into a space on the end before shutting the engine off. Stepping outside into the human-world, which is not my first visit, a small-sized building stood before me. The building was one-story with a flat red roof. Several window panels were darkened to make it difficult to see through on the outside—at least to my guess. But the most visible piece was a colorful and cute logo with a rainbow and clouds. The logo said “Rainbow’s Shine” in English. There were also the words for “daycare” in a more delicate print below.

Whether I truly felt ready or not, we arrived at the daycare—the first day to my trial no Halloween trial. Waiting for my mother to close her side of the door, I took a glance around the area—mainly to kill time in anticipation. The location looked relatively peaceful, so I shouldn’t have anything to fear on the danger side—which is probably what my parents looked into. Though I’m sure the building will be surveyed by one of our top in security members. So, anyone foolish enough to approach this building with misguided ideas will have it coming.

“Alright, you ready?” My mother asked as I was staring at the doors.

“Uh, yeah,” I stuttered.

“Are you ready to go home already?”

“No-no, I’m just a little nervous.”

“Well, if you want to come home early, just ask to give us a call and we’ll come get you.”

“Okay…but I’m not going to give up!”

“Haha, I expect to hear some results then.”

“Mhm!” With a last bit of motivation to my confidence, I took a step towards the doors.

The two darkened doors opened inwards and lead into an open room with a sofa and a square table. Proceeding forward was a hall that wrapped around to the left. This room was clearly the waiting room for dropping off or picking up. However, sounds of muffled laughter filled the area. I couldn’t help but gulp once again.

A tall woman with light brown hair and a pair of brown eyes peaked around the corner to spot us. With a skip, the woman’s red skirt and cream apron fluttered about. Her hair was tied in a pony-tail which was obscured by the corner, but was happily twirling through the hall. A cheerful look came about her face as she approached us.

“Ah, you must be Mrs. Alu!” The woman smiled. Her smile was the first thing, but I came to recognize English being spoken. It’d make sense given the text outside read in English. Thankfully English was but one of the five languages I had studied. Ansen was the primary language for vampires, so it was given I’d be most fluent with it. Although the other languages I felt confident to feign it not being my first.

“Yes, that would be me,” My mother responded in English. The smile she gave was calming, but the aura of a human was off-putting. So, I couldn’t help but shrug off to my mother’s side.

“Aw, and she must be Viki Alu then?” The woman bent down to my height in and spoke with a higher pitch.

I nodded back to her readying my English vocabulary, “Yes, I’m Alu Viki.” After speaking, I braced myself to leave my mother’s side. However, the name “Alu” came to my mind. It was clearly an alias we were giving them and was not what our actual last name was. That would be Alunorus after all.

“Well, aren’t you polite!” She stood up again. “My name is Teresa, and I’ll be your caretaker for today!” Judging by the nametag she wore; it was obvious she was telling the truth of her name. “So, Mrs. Alu—”

“Ah Victoria will be fine,” My mother cut her off.

“Mrs. Victoria then,” She responded with a smile. The name my mother gave wasn’t an alias. “You can rest assured, as we’ll take great care of your daughter. I’ll make sure she receives the highest pampering.” Both of them smiled back to each other.

“You’re quite nice,” My mother muttered.

“What was that?” Teresa tilted her head.

“Oh nothing, best I get to work now. So please do tend to my daughters’ desires. And please keep her happy and safe.” She began heading out the doors leaving me be with Teresa.

“Well, I guess it’s time to get you to join the others then!” Teresa took my hand and lead me down the hall she came in. “There isn’t as many kids in yet, but don’t feel afraid to talk to any of the one’s here. I know you are a little older than most the kids here, but try to get along alright.” She gave a wink. “Oh, and if you need anything, don’t feel afraid to give me a shout okay. Like if you need a drink, or even the potty hehe.”

There was a bit to take in, “Okay…” I began blushing thinking that I’d have to ask to use the potty like a wittle vampire needing to ask for everything. Though the thought of using a publicly used human toilet didn’t sit right with me.

The screams of children got louder as we approached the corner. “Well, I hope you enjoy your time here at Rainbow’s Shine!”

Around the corner was an open room. The flooring was a set of matting and also colorful. Around five round tables were about the room. The wall to my right had set of storage containers—most likely for kids to store things. A small bookshelf was along the back wall near a walk way in the back. However, there was four kids within the room. Two were boys, who looked to be six, and were in the middle of a swordfight. The other pair was a boy and a girl, whom looked to be five and were siblings. They were minding themselves as they held crayons in their hands.

The scent in the room had a strange musky taste. It wasn’t a pleasant smell, but one I’d certainly have to get used to.

“You’ll be staying here for the time being.”

I turned to look at Teresa and saw a door with a small window near the top.

“Ah, that rooms for our nursery. Though we don’t have many babies in now.”

“Ah, I see.”

A quiet muffled sound of a baby crept through, “Oh dear, I think one of them is awake now. Sorry dear, but don’t be shy and introduce yourself alright. If you need anything, don’t be afraid to ask!” After that, Teresa entered the door with a high-pitched greeting voice.

This left me to enter the room all by myself. I stared for a few seconds over at the young boys yelling at the top of their lungs. The thought of going over there seemed like suicide, so I shook my head with celerity. While the other two were quiet and happily minding themselves. They’d be the perfect two for me to approach.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. My heart beat extremely fast. This may had been what I wanted, but I couldn’t help feel out of place. My tongue wrapped around my fangs in my mouth to remind me I was not human. No matter how I bent my head around the plans I spent time on, I felt out of place. These were humans, and history has shown many fowl deeds they’ve done. I want to believe they are better…but I can’t do anything if I’m scared.

Shaking my head, I turned to face the bookshelf in the back. Closing my eyes with tears foaming, I quietly walked to the back. Finding the bookshelf, I sat myself on the floor away from the other kids in the room who clearly did not notice me. Picking out one of the books at random, I opened it to stuff my face in.

Glancing at the clock on the opposite wall, and the childish book was how I spent my time. Feelings of frustration, depression, and fright overtook me. The two boys never once calmed down, and the other two started picking at each other. The noise in the room was overwhelming, and I couldn’t help picture things in history—humans raging with torches raised in the air.

Teresa roamed around the room keeping a smiling eye on everyone. She calmed down the two who were throwing crayons, and started reading a story for the two boys. But only gave a smile towards me.

Perhaps she was neglecting me? Or were either of the kids also doing their best to ignore me? Is this the only treatment I’ll receive?! I stuffed my face back into the third childish books I picked out.

Thirty minutes went by with an endless repeat of glancing over to the clock and trying to comfort myself with the books in hand. Though the books were clearly for very young children, their drawings were childish, with few words. But it did bring some semblance of peace to me as I sat waiting for something to happen.

A set of laughter came through the room as another set of boys and girls came rushing in. Each of the kids now entering had activities they set about. However, the increase in the children count brought a more significant fright to me. I could count six no eight more children were rushing around.

“Hey, is everything alright?” A woman spoke to me. I turned to face her and it was another woman wearing blue overalls an apron and shoulder-length red hair. The green eyes stared directly towards me.

I shyly hid behind the book, “Uhuh.” A blatant lie, but I didn’t want to be forced into anything I didn’t choose.

“Alright, I just wanted to check up on you. Teresa was saying you hadn’t socialized much with the others so I was kind of worried. But I understand, when your new it’s hard to talk with others sometimes.”

My problem isn’t that I’m new exactly, well I am, but…I’m technically not human! What am I supposed to do if they start coming after me! You included!

“Well, I’ll leave you to your books, so don’t be afraid if you want help being introduced alright!” She gave a wink. “Teresa’s the best for that actually, so I’d ask her first.” With that said, the human caretaker walked away.

I began noticing a girl at a table sitting alone, and another girl walked up to her. They both had a smile on their faces as they started playing with dolls. That girl looked to have been alone at the table, and yet the other girl joined her so readily. Yet here I was, locked in this corner all alone nobody wanting to approach me… The offer the caretaker stated was starting to sound pleasant. It was my dream after all to mix in with humans one day.

Teresa walked nearby and gave a smile as she held a young girl’s hand leading them into the walk way next to me. If I wanted to take that chance, now would be a good time!

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. My heartbeat did not agree with me. On second thought, I think I’ll wait a little longer.

The innocent dog looked at his neighbor. The neighbor had a large family, but the dog did not. The innocent dog only looked in envy. This book was about a pure dog who wished to have a family, but was left alone. Though it’d eventually have a happy ending.

“Ding. Ding. Ding,” Sounded some instrument. Looking up, I could see Teresa thrashing some bell-shaped device in the air. It sounded like a cow bell.

“Alright, everyone,” Teresa shouted. “It’s time for naptime!”

I began to blush. Nap time?! Does that include me?

“Alright dear, come join us for naptime,” Teresa smiled to me.

“Do-do I have to?” I asked.

“Yup, I know you are older but you’ll find that even a short nap can do wonders! Plus, sleep is very important for growing kids and adults!”

“I see…” I blushed. “I thought nap-time was for earlier hours?” That held true to what I read about the daycare’s the evening before.

“Ah, we actually run two shifts.” She continued. “One in the morning and evening. So, we have two types of nap-times scheduled for those shifts. I personally like it like this since it gives everyone a chance to rest up after having gone to school.”

“Oh, I see,” I complied. It made sense now, albeit contradicted a bit that I read on. Although those stories didn’t mention much of anything in the evening.

“Since it’s your first time, would you like me to help you get ready?” She smiled once again.

“Sure, that would be great,” I replied.

“Alright, just give me your hand, and I’ll help you!” Closing the book, I stood up and took her hand with a light grip. “Aw, it’ll be okay, just follow me!” She leads me around the corner to the walkway that was to my right. There were two directions, a left and right path. Without being able to see where either went, Teresa walked to the right.

There was a wooden door that opened up to a small storage closet. Many baby items could be seen, like diapers, bottles and blankets. Teresa continued to hold onto my hand and turned in my direction. “Which color would you like, Viki?”

I felt like she was asking me what kind of diaper I wanted to wear. Which reminded me of my other problem—wetting the bed. Sure, wearing a diaper would take care of that…but did I really want that?

Looking up, she held out a blanket—a pink one to be precise. So, I sighed to myself, thankful that it wasn’t a diaper she was asking about. “The pink one will be fine.”

“Alright, now to get you all nice and comfy!” Taking my hand once again, she led me out to the main room where a majority of the kids were curling up in their own respective blankets. A couple of the boys were running around as the other caretaker did her best to bring them to rest.

Teresa led me to an open spot next to a young girl with light brown hair. She didn’t look older than six or seven. However, a relaxed look was about her as she was already well asleep. Seeing that image had a relaxing sensation grow through me. Perhaps a good nap will do me good.

Teresa began placing the blanket on the floor. “This should be a good spot for you.” There was a nice shadow that overhang, which felt relatively safe to me. So, I got on the floor and began spreading the blanket about.

Once the bedding was all set, I crawled under the blanket resting my head on the pillow.

“I hope you have a good rest now dear!” Teresa said with a smile as she walked off.

Resting my head on the pillow, the fears of a possible bedwetting took over once again. I’m actually really afraid if I wet myself in my sleep again. I haven’t had an accident during the day, but I don’t want to start now! Plus, if the others saw that, they’d probably just all laugh at me! They’d be thinking how could a girl her age let alone a vampire wet themselves! Well, besides the vampire part since I’m keeping that hidden, but still… The image of the diapers in the closet appeared in my head. I really shouldn’t be thinking about wearing a diaper of all things! I mean sure it’d help me here, but I’m a twelve-year-old vampire! I shouldn’t be needing a diaper! I’ll just sleep and have no problems! With that in my mind, I turn to my side and do my best to relax and rest.

Silent rustling noises stirred about. As the vibrations grew stiffer, it caused my eyelids to slowly open. Looking over to my side to find the clock, I find an hour had gone by. Sighing to myself that I was an hour closer to my eventual release, I rose up. However, the bend on my upper half caused a downward weight that brought about a different-not-so-different feeling. …No…no no, no no!!! No matter how many times I could shout in my head, the damp surface wouldn’t escape my legs. This can’t be happening! A single tear dropped. I wet myself…during nap time… Tears began rolling down my cheeks. None of the practice hiding my emotions to help me with this overwhelming feeling.

I was absolutely terrified. In an unusual environment, laying in now wet clothes, I began breathing heavily. My only wish was to get closer to humans, yet it only keeps getting worse. What will happen now? Will the kids look at me and go haha look at the vampire girl who wet herself! I know my kind wouldn’t make fun of me because of it. But I’m a princess of all the vampires! I shouldn’t be doing this! The nightmare I was residing in brought about a gloomy expression throughout my entire being.

“Hey,” voiced a young girl. The direction of the voice was to my left. “Did you have an accident?” I looked over to see the young miss, which was the young girl who was lying next to me. Her eyes had a solemn expression as she gazed into my tearful eyes.

I was speechless, as I was a princess, princess of all the vampire’s—one who needed to show the humans the best side I could. So, I wiped my tears and tried to regain my pride…until I looked at my waist once again. How can I show the pride of the vampires in this condition? Plus, she’s probably just about to make fun of me!

“I-I,” I tried to respond back. However, I turned away, terrified. She was a human girl and I was a vampire-girl—one who had an accident.

“It’s okay!” The young girl shouted. “It’ll be fine, they will take care of it!” She rose up standing and walked over to me. The light-blue frilly skirt wrapped around her waist with a pink shirt with a sparkly princess logo on the front faced me. “Here, I’ll help you okay!” She stated with a smile holding out her hand.

After a few seconds of staring at each other, the young girl bent down and grabbed my hand with a big smile. She motioned for me to stand up. Rising all the way up, feeling embarrassed for the stains on my skirt, I stood on my feet. The young brunette girl only stood up to my cheek, but she looked up to me with a smile.

“Now let’s get your bedding collected okay!” With a smile she started to pick up the blanket before me. Bewildered by this spectacle, I set about a moment to flaneur.

Once the blanket was all piled on top of her arms, I took one last sniffle. Following the young girl’s actions, I proceeded to sweeping up the cloth sheet soaked with my own urine. Once it was folded in my arms, the young girl smiled walking towards the open walkway near my bookshelf sanctuary. Feeling a yank on my hand once again, the girl smiled as she led me forward.

“It’s okay that you had an accident,” The young girl started. “Because I had one too!” The statement shocked me, as it meant I wasn’t the only one who had one.

Does this mean…nobody will make fun of me? Or will she in turn behind my back stab me? Oh gosh, I hope everything will turn out alright!

Within the short hallway, the young brunette took me to the left path. This resulted in a restroom with several stalls—especially a large one in the back. Its size was much larger than any usual stall I had seen before. Of course, I don’t know much about humans, but its size told me they had something larger stored in that location than an average porcelain throne.

There was a young boy standing in front of the door as if a ritual were being performed. The young girl stood behind him and turned to face me with a smile.

“They’ll make sure everything’s all taken care of here!” She stated cheerfully.

My tears ended not a moments before, as they started to stream out my sky-blue eyes. The young girl’s kindness just absorbed me like I was dust before the vacuum.

“Uwawa,” She stumbled. “It’s okay! Many of us have accidents here. In fact, I kind of have many of them, hehe.” She brushed her head as she giggled before the blanket began slipping down. The surprise caught her to stop and catch it before it fell.

“Alright dear, you’re next!” Teresa stated as she held the stall door open.

“Oh, it’s my turn first, but it’ll be okay!” She smiled, turning around to face Teresa.

“Oh dear, did you leak today?” Teresa asked, looking at the blanket in her hands.

“Nah, I wanted to help her out since she looked really sad about having an accident,” She stated with a smile.

“Ah aren’t you being nice,” Teresa smiled back before looking at me with a smile. She then silently laughed to herself. “Hehe, I kind of had a good feeling about putting them to sleep next to each other.”

“Huh?” The young girl didn’t catch it.

“Ah nothing hon, let’s get you all cleaned up and then I can help your friend okay!”

“Yay!” The young girl cheered as the stall door closed behind them.

Being left alone, holding a soiled cloth wasn’t so bad now. The young maiden was very cheerful and accepting. Perhaps it wasn’t as bad to have had that accident during naptime. On the bright side, it did bring me closer to a human girl that I’ve been dreaming to meet. So, I could only hope that we’d continue to talk after this.

Maybe my bedwetting will have brought something good? I mean, the way I was acting wouldn’t have got any good. No amount of studying would have helped me in that situation. But a simple act of wetting myself brought my attention from what I desired. My sorrowful expression turned into a smile. I hope we’ll talk after getting cleaned up. But…she could always just be a traitor waiting to set me up… The thought of it caused me to shudder.

“Hey!” Shouted the young girl. The sudden shout caused me to jump. “Teresa will take great care of you!” After saying that, she began skipping out of the room.

With the stall door open, Teresa looked at me with a smile. “Aw, Viki, did you have an accident in your sleep?” The embarrassing question caused me to blush as I began to nod. It was rather evident, though, given what I carried and the stain along my skirt. The scent now drifted in my now somewhat cleared head.

Similarly, the restroom contained other foul scents. Though, I was most likely the oldest girl there whom shouldn’t be doing said act—especially a vampire. “It’s okay, accidents happen. So let’s just get you all cleaned up and everything will be a-okay!” With a big smile and a wink, she led me into the stall before closing the door.

To the right was a rather large-looking table structure. If I put the pieces together, I’d imagine this is a changing table. Just a little larger than one made for babies. Even I could probably lay down on that! Given the swift deduction, I looked towards Teresa, who continued to hold her smile. It was possible she was going to have me sit on it as if another kid like the little girl before me.

Teresa grabbed the stained cloth I carried before setting it in the corner with a few other blankets resting. “Alright, sweetie, I need you to get up on the table, okay?”

It appeared my reasoning was sound. But I could only shyly mutter, “Okay.” Stepping up to the table, Teresa took my hand and helped me up. Sitting down on the oddly well-cushioned surface of the changing table, I faced Teresa once again. The look she gave me was similar to the way my maids would provide if they were trying to help. However, since Teresa was a human, it felt very oddly comforting. So, I took a breath before laying all the way on the table.

“Haha, Viki, I should ask you first,” Teresa kneeled to my level. “If you were fine having me clean you up? You are older so I didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable.”

Laying on the table next to a human willing to assist me felt somewhat reassuring. So, I began to nod. “It’s okay, I’m alright with you helping me.” A phrase that the maids haven’t heard me say in years.

“Oh, okay, I’m perfectly fine getting you changed and cleaned up. But I should mention something to you. Though I’ll say it once I get you all cleaned up, okay?!” She gave another smile before standing over me.

I smiled back, “Okay?” Unsure what to predict, Teresa wanted to tell me. Though more importantly, I laid awaiting this human woman to tend to my accident.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 3

The Vampire’s Treatment

“You only need to remain calm, and I’ll have you all cleaned up!” Teresa beamed a smile. I returned a smile, and her hands began making their way into my very sensitive territory. Not even my maids reach out to assist me on this spot. Despite having the puissant ability, I never deem it worthy of asking that of them. It wasn’t on their required lists for assisting the royal family, thus leaving this spot to be tended to myself. Given this was a task for me alone, it caused me to brightly go red.

Perhaps it would be best if I intercepted her act? The idea wasn’t a bad one. However, it contradicted my goal—getting close to humans. If humans receive this kind of treatment, then I shall receive it too! Resolving myself to accept Teresa’s care, I did the best to harden my nerves to take this treatment.

Teresa’s skillful hands slid on the waist of my soiled skirt. With a swift motion, she pulled them down my legs and off my feet. Given they went cleanly off my feet had me wonder—what happened to my black slip-on shoes?

“Um,” I began to mutter.

“Is there a problem, sweetie?” Teresa blushed.

“I was wondering what happened to my shoes?”

“Oh, that’s right, I forgot to mention we normally have our kids take their shoes off during naptime. While you were asleep, I noticed you still had them on. So, I took them off and put them in one of the cubbies.” She said with a smile. “You can retrieve them after we get you cleaned up, alright.”

“Okay,” I replied. It felt rather odd that Teresa would have done such a task, but at least I wasn’t punished for not following punctilious standards. “Thanks for doing that.”

“Aw, aren’t you polite. But sure thing dear, I only try my best to care for you kids!” With another smile, she moved her hands back to my white drenched underwear. “Now, let us finish getting you undressed so we can get you cleaned up.” With another smile, she proceeded, pulling my undies off with celerity.

Here I was, a vampire princess, sitting on a table with my most sensitive area exposed to humankind. Given the situation I was in, the swiftest command I could give would turn the location into a bloodbath. Us vampires are susceptible when it comes to our privates. If any shame were to be brought about due to our privates, the harshest penalties would apply. The sentences were far stricter if they were towards a female vampire. I am the princess of all the vampires and completely exposed. Our kind wouldn’t need to question tearing the place apart.

Despite the rushing emotions through my veins, I did all I could to bear through this experience. Teresa didn’t think of bringing any shame to me but only smiled, thinking best how to care for me. She is a human, and I a vampire, but it did not matter in this instance. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I calmed myself like I would for meditation.

“Now to get you all cleaned up!” Voiced and excited Teresa. Without looking, I could feel a damp cloth grinding around my legs. The warmth it contained was rather pleasant.

“There. All clean!” Opening my eyes to her kind expression brought about a smile to my face. “Now stay here while I find you a change of clothes, okay?” After winking her right eye and giving me a warm pink sheet to cover me, she brushed out of the stall.

Staying in a relaxed position, my first clean-up wasn’t bad—in fact, it was the opposite. It was rather embarrassing and shocking, but it didn’t feel that different from the care my mother would give. Smiling to myself, I remained giddy in wonder what could happen next.

Teresa returned within a minute, holding pink underwear and purple leggings with what appeared to be unicorns around. “Sorry about having to leave you here. We normally don’t have clothes for girls your size in our changing station, so I had to get some in the supplies closet.”

“Oh…” I blushed with the idea of how odd it must be a girl my age was on this table.

“It's okay. I’ve actually had to take care of a girl older than you before,” She smiled in retort. “So don’t feel bad!” She then walked up to me. “Here’s a secret between us girls.” She whispered. “I actually wet the bed till I was fourteen. It kind of drove my parents nuts, haha.”

“Haha,” I laughed along.

“That’s why you don’t need to feel bad. I understand how you might be feeling. But it does happen to many of us. So as a reward for putting up with me, will you like some candy?”

I could tell Teresa was trying her best to care for me. Though, I doubt she would understand my perspective as a bedwetting vampire princess. But her kindness was something that shouldn’t go unrewarded.

“Ah, thanks!” I smiled. Candy must’ve been pretty popular with younger human kids, but it didn’t interest me. “But I won’t need any candy.”

Her smile didn’t fade, “I see. You’re quite the first for me then, haha. Most kids I know would love to take that offer I give them. Plus, Halloween is coming up, so we always store all kinds of chocolates and other sweets to give out.”

Candy didn’t interest me, but given how talkative Teresa was with me, it gave me another idea. “Hey, Teresa,” I started.

“Yes, Viki?”

“I’m not interested much for candy, but something else catches my fancy.”

“Oh, what could that be?”

“Would you be willing to talk with me? Like, I could ask a few questions, and you can answer them.”

“Aw, are you wanting a friend? Well, I’d be happy to answer all your questions! My answer would be yes to you asking me questions. I am here to help after all, hehe!”

The thought of having a human friend was definitely on my mind, but it wasn’t entirely what I had in mind. Though she appeared to be cooperative regardless. “Okay, then I’ll ask a few questions now then.”

Asking questions to Teresa, who was a human, was my main goal. As a vampire, I cannot help find myself somewhat curious about their world. Given Teresa was an adult within the human world. How cooperative she is. She was perfect for my questions to be directed to.

“How about you ask me them while I finish getting you changed into your clean clothes then?” Teresa asked.

“That’ll be fine,” I replied.

“Okay, fire away then!” She smiled.

As I began thinking about my first question to ask, she pulled the blanket off to reveal myself to the world once again. “I was wondering what exactly do you do for Halloween?” A simple question that I had done research on before, but never have I heard it from a human.

Teresa stretched the pink undergarments around my feet, “Hmm, now that is an odd question. We normally get our houses decorated with spooky decorations. Dress our children up in cute or creepy outfits and take them out to all the houses in the neighborhood to say trick or treat too. Which then has them give candy in their bags.”

She finished pulling the garment up my legs. On the second inspection, it wasn’t any plain pair of undies. It had a pink color, but there was also a ribbon at the top alongside a cute teddy bear on the front. This design was rather childish in nature.

“Is it not to your liking?” Teresa asked.

“I didn’t say I didn’t like it,” I replied. Looking at the hygge bear on the front once again, I smiled, hiding my fangs. “But it's cute…so…” I blushed, trying to hide with the blanket.

“Aw, so it is then!”

Yes, it may be childish, but I can’t help but find it cute. I have nothing like this in my wardrobe. Plus, it is a pair for human girls, but I can’t help but admire it. It really is cute…

“I was kind of afraid it wouldn’t be. So I’m happy I chose right!” Teresa smiled, getting the purple unicorn leggings in place. “But your question was surprising to me. Are you possibly not from around here or moved from a different country?”

Teresa’s judgment was sound. The question would be odd to someone not from that location. I’d find it strange if a fellow vampire my age asked me what the Halloween celebration was all about. “I guess you could say that,” I replied. I didn’t want to say anything specific but didn’t want to lie either.

“Well, that’s fine. I hope you enjoy yourself here then!” Teresa smiled back.

“Thanks.” I began thinking about my next question as Teresa fitted the leggings over my feet. “What do other kids normally dress up as?” This was a question I had running through my mind for a while. Given if I were to go join the humans for Halloween, I’d want to at least fit in.

“Hmm, that depends on the kid, I suppose,” Teresa said as she began pulling the leggings up. “I’d say a pretty popular option is from whichever popular movie was playing in the year. Like galaxy battles is a pretty popular choice for a lot of the boys. But other choices are your typical monsters like werewolves, mummies, ghosts, zombies, and even vampires.” She finished pulling the leggings all the way up.

I couldn’t help but blush and smile when she said, vampires. It didn’t surprise me that humans would find our kind to be “monsters” but had me curious as well. “How does one normally dress as a vampire?”

She held out her hand, “Well, they usually have fake teeth either from a kit or a plastic mouth guard to give them fangs. They also usually add fake blood around their mouth as well.”

I shuddered as I took her hand. It was a massive misconception that vampires would drink someone’s blood.

“They’d also wear a black cape. But there are some that are cute.” She helped me step off the table and on the tile floor. “I’ve seen some girls wearing frilly outfits and looking really cute without any fake blood.”

“Oh good,” I couldn’t help interjecting. However, the outburst of mine caused me to blush.

“I’d say I prefer that kind over the scary version, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Yes, I very much would.”

Teresa smiled once again, still holding my hand. “Well, I should get your clothes in the wash then so they will be ready for when you go. But I hope I answered your questions well.”

“You did,” I replied. Hearing from a human gave a bit of satisfaction to what I had once studied before. “So I thank you for answering them.”

“It was no problem, Viki,” She started letting go of my hand. “Perhaps if you need to be cleaned up again, I can answer any other questions you have.”

“That’d be great!” I openly smiled. Realizing my smile was a little much, I covered my mouth with my hand.

“Hehe, will do then. Well, that is if I do have to clean you up again. Which reminds me, I need to tell you something.”

Remembering she had something to say about my accident caused me to blush. “Okay…” I wasn’t sure what Teresa was going to say, but I couldn’t help be afraid of any punctilious statements.

Teresa took a deep breath, “Well, since you did end up having an accident during naptime, there are some things I will have to do.” Hearing the mentions of my accident caused me to look away. “Now it is okay to have bedwetting accidents, as like I said, I used to have them too!” She gave a wink. “But I will need to tell your mother that you had one when she comes to pick you up. I don’t see any trouble at all, as she seems to really care about you. But I’m pretty sure it's just a small phase you might be going through, so you don’t need to worry about it, okay!” With another wink, she set the clothing pieces in the corner into a basket. “Though, we might have to have you wear protection for the next time you are here.”

“L-like a diaper?” I questioned.

“Well, I was more thinking a Bestnite,” Teresa exclaimed. “It’d be for when we have a naptime.” She gave a quick look at me. “Though a diaper wouldn’t be a bad option either. They’d hold more so we wouldn’t have to worry about your accidents. And well, I have changed other young girls close to your age into diapers for naptime and during the day. So if you were fine with it, I could change you into a diaper like several of the other girls for naptime. But a Bestnite is fine as well. And don’t worry, it’ll be our little secret, okay!” Teresa finished off with another smile.

I gave a shy smile back, “I see.” Given her statement, bedwetting didn’t seem all that uncommon for humans if she had treated them with protective options. However, my choices were a Bestnite or a diaper. Though I have to feign ignorance on what the Bestnite was, given I didn’t know what that was. As for the diaper, I knew with all certainty what they were—primarily for babies who weren’t potty-trained.

Teresa’s comment “they’d hold more” for diapers told me they were far more absorbent than a Bestnite. If that was the case, it’d be the optimal route to choose. And if her given statement about having to treat other girls with them was true, would that make me receive the same treatment?

“I decided I’ll wear a diaper,” I answered.

“Okay!” Teresa smiled, giving me a wink before bending down to the table. She rummaged into the drawer pulling out a crinkly piece of fabric with a cute design—a diaper. “Well, let us get you changed up then,” Teresa said in a tone she used to talk to other younger kids. “Then you won’t ever have to worry about your accidents again!”

Looking at the diaper and Teresa, I began to turn red. Was she actually wanting to change me now? I thought it was for the next naptime?

“Haha, I’m sorry, hon!” She began to laugh. “I didn’t actually mean to change you now, so I apologize for saying that joke just now.” Hearing that it was only a joke caused me to sigh. Though I wasn’t sure how it was funny, to begin with. “I pulled one out so you can see what I’ll change you into for next time. So go ahead and take a look.”

She handed me the diaper, and I proceeded to grasp it. There was an unmistakable softness about it. There was a cartoonish-looking cat on the front with a big smile, alongside other colorful objects. Judging how childish the design of the current underwear I wore wasn’t that much of a step back. This diaper probably would only feel a bit bulkier than my normal underwear. The design is rather cute, though. But I’m a little too old for this. Also, I’m a vampire princess! I shouldn’t need to wear a diaper made for babies!

Blushing as I continued to hold it, Teresa began to slip it from my grasp. “Well, I think you’ll get more acquainted the next time, so why don’t we get back to see the other kids now.” With one final wink, she held the basket and walked me out of the stall.

Now that I had the clean-up process completed, my next objective would be to retrieve my shoes. Stepping out into the room where all the kids were back to playing about like naptime didn’t even happen, I blushed, hoping nobody was going to laugh. I wasn’t sure if anyone else saw me, but I know for sure that young girl knows about my accident. However, the longer I stood there, nothing changed. I stood wearing a different pair of leggings, the design meant for little girls despite fitting me, and no laughter. Perhaps my fears of the young girl being a traitor were for naught.

Walking over to the cubbies, I brushed along the side, looking for where my shoes could be near the books I had before had a container that held my black-slip-on shoes. Taking them out, I slid them on my slender feet. Tapping my toes along the floor, I surveyed the room once again. Nothing changed—meaning I was alone once again. Sighing to myself, I turned to the bookshelf once again.

Before I can even pull out a single book, I heard a voice. “Hey!” voiced a young girl.

Looking over to my left, I see the young brunette girl who assisted me before. She was sitting at the small round white table alongside another girl with jet-black hair and a pair of black glasses. The other girl looked slightly older than the cheerful girl.

I thought about ignoring her, as she might have been just making jokes about me to her friend. Despite my fears, the cheerful girl had a giant smile in my direction. This smile made it hard for me to ignore. I also wanted to have talked with the girl again anyways. Shuffling my purple-unicorn legs, I made my way to their table.

Finding an empty seat across from the cheerful girl and the black-haired girl seated to the right, I claim my seat. Unsure how this might turn out, I remain silent to wait and see.

“All clean and better, right?” The young girl stated. Blushing a bright shade, I feared for the worst. Taking a seat at this table might have been my worst idea of the day.

“Do you know her?” The other girl asked.

The brunette girl turned to face her friend, “Oh, she had an accident during naptime.”

Well, I was afraid that this was going to happen. Looking down at my shoes, my hopes turned to dust. Feeling my eyes water once again, the nightmare resurfaced.

“Oh, I see,” The other girl stated. “I have an older sister who had the same issue, so you don’t need to feel bad about it.” Looking up, I could see a calm expression from the girl. She didn’t appear to be threatening or ready to jab, but the opposite.

“Mhm, mhm!” Added the cheerful girl with a smile.

Neither of these two girls appeared to be at my throat. They had no jokes about my issue but a sense of compassion. Taking another sniffle, I looked up to them. “Thanks…sniff…I thought you might’ve gone to throw jabs at me.”

“Jabs?” The brunette girl looked confused.

“I believe she was worried about us making fun of her,” The black-haired girl commented.

“Oh, I see now. But why would we?” She looked even more confused.

“Because I’m older than the rest…and it is not something I should be doing.”

The glasses girl smiled, “None of us here will make fun of you for that. It’d be dumb since many of us have accidents, to begin with. It's one of the reasons we're here, actually.”

“Yup!” The cheerful girl brightly smiled.

“You’re one of them, you know.”

“Hehe, yeah, I know. I have many accidents.”

Her comment reminded me of how we waited in the line together to get cleaned up. The skirt she wore didn’t appear soaked to begin with, which didn’t catch my attention at the time. However, if her skirt weren’t dampened and she had an accident—what could that mean?

“You had an accident during naptime, right?” I asked.

“Yup, I did.” The young girl giggled back.

“I didn’t seem to see any part of your clothes stained which was why I was wondering….”

“That’s thanks to the Bestnite I was wearing.”

There was that term “Bestnite” again. What Teresa said about having to choose between a diaper or Bestnite must’ve meant it did a similar thing.

“Since I was wearing a Bestnite, it was completely okay for me to have an accident.”

“Well, you do wear them all the time, though,” The glasses girl added on.

“You do?” I questioned. It was odd to hear of another being older than the baby stage to be wearing some sort of “diaper.” Maybe humans are a peculiar species?

“Yup!” The young girl stood up and snipped the hem of her skirt, pulling up. Under her skirt revealed a somewhat paper-cloth material similar to the diaper I held earlier. A purple-ish design looked cute, but the design was challenging to make out at this distance. This “Bestnite” currently lacked any tapes that a diaper had and appeared thinner.

Sliding her skirt back down, she retook her seat. Seeing said object on the young girl had me curious about her reasoning. Blushing, “I’m kind of curious why you wear that if you are possibly potty-trained?”

“I am potty-trained. It's that I have many accidents, hehe.” She began scratching her head. “So I wear them for just in casies.”

The glasses girl smiled, pushing her glasses up with a finger, “More like you’re lazy to make it to the potty sometimes.”

The cheerful girl slammed her hands on the table, “You know it's sometimes tough to make it!”

Hearing how the young girl doesn’t just have nighttime accidents but daytime accidents seemed rather odd. However, it was amusing to talk with a couple of human girls closer to my age. Plus, they were far from the traitorous I was afraid they were. “Hehe,” I couldn’t help giggling. “Well, I’d like to thank you for accepting me!” I smiled with my fangs barely peaking. Tilting my head swiftly, “I’m fine that you wear those Bestnite’s for your accidents.”

“Thanks!” The cheerful girl smiled brightly. It was true that I didn’t mind. If she did have that many “accidents,” then a diaper-like clothing choice would be optimal. I’m sort of surprised that my parents hadn’t suggested diapers to me yet for the several accidents I’ve had. Though we are vampires, so we usually remain calm about making any rash decisions.

Thinking how the young miss wore Bestnites had me look around the room once more. As previously inspected, many different young kids ventured off on their own tasks. However, the question raised my mind that they, too, wore Bestnites or maybe even diapers. And if I recall the glasses girl’s comment, they were in this daycare for having accidents. If that were the case, this daycare had a clear acceptance of accidents during one’s sleep and during the day.

Looking back to the girls, the cheerful girl stood right next to me. I let my guard down and wasn’t able to recognize her being next to me. Despite being startled, she gave me a smile and began to hug me. Feeling shocked at the warm care I was receiving, I embraced her back.

Removing her arms around me, the young girl returned to her chair. “Would you like to play with us?”

The question in my mind stirred throughout my body. A deep sense of excitement ready to burst out. This question—was the one I’ve been waiting to hear all day! “Yes!” I openly smiled. Despite forgetting to hide my teeth, the two girls didn’t seem to have noticed my fangs.

“Before that, we should probably introduce ourselves,” The other girl stated.

“Hehe, we probably should. Well, I’m Abbey!” Abbey’s smile could easily be seen a mile away.

“I’m Sharon,” Sharon adjusted her glasses.

“Nice to meet you, Abbey and Sharon!” I smiled back. “I’m Viki.”

“It's nice to meet you too, Viki!” Abbey responded.

“Likewise,” Sharon commented.

Looking over to Abbey and over to Sharon had me wonder. Given Abbey wore Bestnite’s as her choice of protection, and possibly many of the other kids wore the same thing. Could that mean?

“So Sharon,” I started. “Do you also wear any sort of protection as well?”

Sharon shook her head, “Nope, I don’t.”

“But if you did, you could be like me!” Abbey commented.

Sharon began to blush, “Why would I want that?”

“So it’d be okay to have accidents.”

“But I don’t have any accidents.”

“You could, though, if you did!” Abbey had a look of pride to herself as Sharon sighed to herself.

Sharon may not be wearing a diaper or Bestnite, but there could have been a possibility for the other kids. Plus, the scent I started to pick from the room wasn’t the purest either. “So um, do any of the other kids here wear protection like your Bestnites or um diapers?”

Without a moment's hesitation, “Yup,” Said in unison from both Abbey and Sharon.

“It's not uncommon for any of the kids here to wear some form of it,” Sharon remarked.

“I once saw a girl went to get her diaper changed before my Bestnite was changed,” Abbey stated.

“Sounds like something you should’ve been changed into,” Sharon smirked.

“Haha,” both of them laughed.

“Teresa does use a point system you come close to each week.”

“Yeah, Teresa does tell me if I wanted to wear one, it’d be fine too.”

The term “point system” was something I was unsure they were talking about. “What is this point system?” I asked.

“Ah, I take you’re new here,” Sharon grinned. “The point system is something Teresa uses to mark each kid for the accidents they have. And if they reached a certain number in the week, they’d be put back into diapers. This is mostly for kids who are still potty training, though.”

“I see.” I wonder if that means I scored a point for my accident?

It was shocking to hear that most of the kids in the room currently wore a Bestnite or a diaper. Looking about the room again, most of the kids looked a similar age.

“So, how old are you two?” I asked.

“I’m seven,” Abbey responded.

“I’m just slightly older by several months,” Sharon stated. “So I’m only eight.”

“How about you, Viki?” Abbey asked.

“Oh, I’m twelve,” I responded.

“Twelve?!” Abbey looked shocked. “I actually thought you were a little younger.”

I turned red, “It's probably bad that I have wet my bed then….”

“Hehe, it doesn’t matter how old you are. Accidents are just accidents,” Abbey giggled.

“Thanks!”

“Well, Viki, we were just about to play with some arts and crafts,” Abbey exclaimed.

“Oh, I see,” I commented back. “What kinds of things did you have in mind to make?” Arts and crafts weren’t the best subjects for me. Let alone a good topic for most vampires. We didn’t get very creative. Otherwise, we’d be more like humans. Or so my parents tell me.

“Abbey normally likes to create objects,” Sharon smirked.

“Yeah, but Sharon likes to draw her family!” Abbey retorted.

“I see. Maybe you’d like to help me then,” I said shyly. “It’s a little awkward, but I’m actually horrible at those things.”

“I’d be glad to!” Abbey smiled.

“I don’t mind sharing my coloring set,” Sharon replied.

“Thanks, you two!”

Although awkward at first, Abbey and Sharon showed me how they went about their crafts. Abbey connected several pipe cleaners together and waited for me to follow along. After applying sets of glue and torn-up sheets of colored paper, our creations were made. Abbey called them magical objects, but I wasn’t able to see what was so magical about them.

Sharon finished her first sketch of her sister and herself. She then handed me a crayon and told me to try my best to draw my family. Thinking about how my family consistently was, I began to draw my parents with me in the center.

“Are you a princess?” Abbey asked.

“I-I,” I stuttered. The attire I drew on us was not that of typical vampires, let alone humans.

“You look like vampires, too,” Sharon commented. Stunned to hear them comment the truth, I stood in silence.

“Hehe, it’s cute,” Abbey exclaimed. “Your family must be nice!”

Despite my worries, they didn’t seem to think it was the truth. “Yeah, they are pretty great.”

“Hehe, my mommy’s awesome too!” Abbey mentioned.

“I love my family as well,” Sharon smiled with pride.

I smiled back at them, as it was great to hear each of them loving their family. As for me, I couldn’t be any happier with the two parents I was born from.

“Let us play with these dolls next!” Abbey explained. She held a rather cute blonde stuffed toy.

“Okay,” I commented back.

We proceeded to move around with each of the inanimate objects. Unsure how to proceed with each action, I followed the leads of Abbey and Sharon, who continued to show me the ropes.

It wasn’t long before we moved over to having a pretend tea time session. Unlike the previous two activities, this one I could smile with pride. I always enjoyed my tea time sessions at home, which brought me joy when they brought it up.

These several activities were clearly young girl acts, but I still had a lot of fun. Seeing the bright smiles of the two younger girls had me wish I were younger. Though my mother tells me, I’m still a young girl, so perhaps it was okay for me to participate as a little girl as well?

Several hours had gone by as we kept smiling along. Teresa came around to our table and approached Abbey. With a brief smile, she began rummaging through the backside of Abbey’s skirt.

“Oh, you’re wet, Abbey,” Teresa stated. “Come with me to get a change, okay!”

“Okay!” Abbey complied. “I’ll be back really soon, hehe!” Abbey walked off with Teresa towards the same walk area Abbey took me to before.

“So, did Abbey have an accident?” I asked Sharon. If the earlier conversation held any merit, that’d have meant Abbey had accidents during the day in her Bestnite.

“Haha,” Sharon laughed. “I suppose you could call it that. But I’m thinking she probably had too much fun and just forgot about needing the potty.”

“I see,” I replied. I’d agree that we were having a lot of fun, but to forget to use the potty. That part seemed odd to me.

“She actually does it a lot,” Sharon added. “We’ll be playing together, and then she’ll just randomly say she wet herself and laughs about it. I guess it’s a good thing she does wear her Bestnite’s if she has this many accidents.”

I couldn’t shake how odd it was to me. A young girl like Abbey, who was past the potty-training stage, was having these “accidents.” “Does it bother you at all?”

Sharon pointed a finger to her chin, “Hmm, it doesn’t really. If anything, I kind of find it funny she has so many accidents for being potty-trained. Her mother agrees as well that Abbey’s still just potty-training then. Though I think she should be put back in diapers sometimes.” She looked over at me and blushed. “Please keep what I said a secret. And please don’t make fun of Abbey because of it.”

I bowed my head, “Will do! And don’t worry, I won’t make fun of Abbey. I just find it, different, I guess you could say.”

“Oh, thank you,” Sharon sighed to herself. “I agree with you. Abbey is one special girl. She has me a little jealous, you could say, haha.” She quickly looked to the side. “But even though the daycare here is well accepting, our school isn’t. That’s why I try my best to look out for her.”

“I see,” I replied. Since Sharon and Abbey were humans, it wasn’t so shocking to hear they went to an establishment known as a school. Despite vampires lacking such a feature, that didn’t mean other beings didn’t have one. Although Alter did have an elite school that welcomed all species, vampires weren’t usually part of that list. However, it sounded from Sharon that the school was a rather dangerous place for girls like Abbey, who had plenty of accidents. “Well, I’m sure Abbey is thankful to have a friend like you.”

“Thanks, it makes me happy to hear that,” Sharon smiled.

I smiled, thinking about the slight joking Abbey and Sharon did with each other. Trying to find myself fitting in, perhaps it was perfect for giving it a try. “I bet if you did wear protection like Abbey, she’d do the same!”

Sharon began to blush and looked away. She started mumbling to herself, “I’ve thought about it.”

Did Sharon think about wearing Bestnite’s as well?! “You thought—” I cut myself off. Thinking with celerity, vampires have higher senses compared to humans. So if someone mumbles to themselves, we are sure to catch on to it. However, Sharon doesn’t know that I have that ability, so I needed to not make it seem I caught on to that. “Ahem, I mean, it’d be fine, I’m sure.”

“Haha, yeah, I bet it would,” Sharon laughed. “That was a joke I’m taking?”

At first, it was, but now I wasn’t so sure. “Yup!”

“Well, in that case, I think you’d be needing some protection as well. You did have an accident during naptime. Plus, I bet Abbey would be really happy if you did.”

I gasped, “Hey, don’t bring my accident into this!”

“Haha, sorry.”

Despite feeling a little hurt, I knew Sharon didn’t mean it in that manner. “It is fine. I’ll be wearing a diaper the next time I go to sleep anyways.”

“Ah, it’d probably be for the best. I’d imagine it feels rather bad to be a girl your age to consider diapers again.”

“Well, if it is optimal, I think that’s how it’ll have to be.”

“When you do wear your diaper, I won’t make fun of you. So don’t feel bad about having to. It might be kind of a good thing too.”

“What do you mean?” Hearing how wearing a diaper could be a good thing shocked me.

“Well, as we said before, many of the kids here wear some form of protection. So if you wore a diaper, I think you’d fit in really well then. You are a little older than us, so if we had something in common, it’d kind of balance that I feel.”

“Oh, I see.” Her point held some merit. Given I was the eldest of the kids, I lacked commonalities. I was also a vampire, another lack of commonalities. “Perhaps a form of protection would bring us closer then?”

“Hehe, with protection, it's okay to have accidents!” Remarked Abbey behind us.

“Hey Abbey, all clean and changed?” Sharon asked.

“Yup,” Abbey smiled with pride. “But that’s what Ms. Teresa said to me as she changed me. That its okay to have accidents.”

“That does sound like something she’d say,” Sharon remarked.

“Haha, yeah,” I jointly said. Teresa was relatively positive, so she appeared fine with just about anything. I bet Sharon could just let loose right here, and Teresa would clean her up with only a smile.

Once Teresa and Abbey exited from the walkway, the point system entered my mind once more. I wasn’t sure if the accident I had counted towards that or not. Thus I stood up to meet Teresa’s gaze.

“Yes, Viki?” Teresa tilted her head with a smile.

“Um, I heard about the point system,” I responded shyly.

“Oh, are you worried you scored a point?”

“Er, yes.”

She smiled brightly, “Aw, don’t worry about it. I know you had an accident in your sleep. That’s why I won’t mark anything for you yet. The point system is for boys and girls who have accidents while they are awake. Like Abbey just now scored herself another point. Though I like to help, kids accept the fact they are sometimes just not ready yet.”

“I see, sigh,” I exhaled. “Well, thanks for letting me know.”

“Yup!”

So I didn’t obtain any points then for my accident. Though, I shouldn’t have a daytime accident. I won’t have to worry about the point system then, I suppose.

Looking at the clock, it was about 5:30 in the evening. I had managed to survive the three hours. However, I looked at the table I sat in and could only smile. The nightmare I thought this would turn out to be, was incorrect.

Thinking about the recent talk of “accidents” made me feel a sudden urge to race through me. I knew it’d be my turn to having to use the little girls' room. With that in mind, I looked for Teresa. Though, I was hesitant to use a public toilet while it was at this low building stage.

“Viki Alu,” Teresa came up to me. Perfect timing, I could only think. “Someone is here to pick you up!”

“Ah, alright,” I replied. Wait, someone? Looking back to the table, I smiled at Abbey and Sharon. “Well, it was such a pleasure meeting you two. I’m looking forward to tomorrow if you’ll be here again.”

“Yup, yup!” Abbey smiled while waving.

“Mhm, we will,” Sharon smiled back.

“See ya!” They said in unison.

Teresa held her hand out, and I took it. Walking hand in hand, we made our way to the corner to the hall.

There I saw the smiling demeanor of Miranda—who appeared out of place without her uniform. She wore a white collarless V-neck shirt and a black sleek knee-length skirt. Miranda was also blending in, which was surprising.

I looked up to her, “Hey, Miranda.”

She crossed her arms, “I don’t recall those clothes being part of your closet. But I bring word from mother who wished your time was pleasant and fulfilling.” Teresa most likely failed to understand her statement, but I would say the experience was valuable.

Teresa scratched her cheek, “Well, your sister was a really good girl.”

Sister? Is that how Miranda is playing it? A light chortle passed through my lips. Miranda’s also a princess!

Teresa looked down towards me, giving me a grin. “Though, she did have one incident.”

Miranda tilted her head, “Oh? What could that be?”

Kneeling down to my height, Teresa put her hand up to my ear. “I’ll have to explain it to your sister, but it’ll be fine, don’t worry! From what I conversed with her thus far, she definitely cares about you!” She whispered in my ear. However, I don’t think Teresa quite realized that whispering was pointless in front of vampires whose senses would keenly pick it up. Thankfully, nothing sensitive was stated but a vote of confidence. I was already aware Teresa would have to tell my family that I had an accident during naptime. There wasn’t anything for me to fear from them being upset with me. I’d imagine Miranda will pass the message along regardless. Though it did make me happy to have backings from a human.

“Ahem,” Teresa cleared her throat. “Well, it was after the children’s naptime. Viki ended up having an accident during her sleep. I always say it's just a phase many kids go through, so it wasn’t any trouble to us.”

“Ah, I see,” Came my Miranda’s reply. Her head sunk down a bit. “Viki has been bedwetting more recently, which has been a hefty burden for her to carry, I feel. Hearing said incident really must have been torture for her.”

“It can be like that to many kids,” Teresa grew a worried expression looking at me. “That’s why I do my best to help them feel okay with accidents like this. We do have some harsh rules in place for kids who do make fun of another. So your sister's accident here will be safely contained within our walls.” She finished off with a prideful smile. “Let me help change her back to the clothes she arrived with first before you can leave.”

“That’s reassuring to hear.” A heavy expression grew on my Miranda.

“I can understand your worries, though I’d say Viki happily found some friends!” Teresa started with a smile.

Miranda turned to look at me, so I began to nod along, saying it was true. “I see. Seems like a unique conversation will be in need. Thank you for taking care of Viki. I’ll be waiting patiently for when you finished changing.”

“Alright, Viki, let me get your clothes, so go ahead and meet me in the restroom, okay!” Teresa gave a wink.

“Okay,” I replied. “I’ll be back soon.” I smiled, and she waved back as I walked over to the walkway once again.

Within the restroom, reminded of my slowly growing urge to use the potty. It wouldn’t be an ill idea to take a quick potty break, but I bet Teresa will be here any second. Though, I’m glad my family didn’t want to tear down the walls thinking I had a horrible experience. But I will have a lot to share when we do get the time to converse. I bet they’ll be stunned that I have human friends!

Teresa walked in with a smile, “Here you go, Viki!” She handed me a cute bag with a cartoonish apple and a smiling worm on it. “You can change in the stall, alright.”

I nod as I took hold of the bag, “Okay.” Taking a step into the stall, I close the door behind me. Leaving the changing table and me in the stall.

Starting with my shoes and the purple unicorn leggings, I slid them off my slender body. As I proceeded to slip the childish undies, I began scanning the teddy bear design once again. It was designed for little human girls, but I had a sense of admiration and adoration.

A knock-knock sounded at the stall door. “Viki, did you need any help?” Teresa asked on the other side. The stall door opened up as she stumbled in. “Oh, you didn’t lock it. Sorry about stepping in, haha.” She began scratching through her hair. Her eyes scanned my body, identifying the piece of underwear still left.

“I-I,” I stumbled through my words. “I’m capable of changing myself.”

“I know you are, hon,” Teresa smiled. “Though I figured since I helped you change earlier, perhaps you’d like another hand?”

She wasn’t wrong. I did enjoy her prior assistance. “Very well,” I motioned my hand up. Teresa took my hand as I climbed up on the table. “Will it be okay if I asked you questions like I did before?”

Teresa motioned for me to lay back, “Of course! Go ahead and ask me anything, Viki.”

As much as I wanted to ask more about the human world, the thought of how Miranda acted surfaced in my mind. It really has been some time since I’ve last really sat down and talked with her. “What did you think of my…sister?” Not a very difficult question, but I was curious what an outside mind thought. Miranda didn’t say much either, so I worried that Teresa might think ill of her.

“I think she really cares about you,” Teresa stated with a smile. “She doesn’t want you in harm's way or feeling sad. So it doesn’t bother me with how she sounded just now. I only hope that she can come to trust me. Same with your mother when I spoke with her earlier.”

Her hands began moving to take my underwear off. However, I covered myself with my hands.

“Was there something wrong?” Teresa asked.

I couldn’t hide any longer, “I…um, actually like these panties.”

“Oh, that’s great!” Teresa brightly smiled. “I’m glad I picked out the perfect pair. But I still need to get you changed.”

“I-I know, it's that I kind of wondered if we could…um…trade?” My face turned red.

“Oh, I see. You really like them that much, huh?” Teresa started putting her hands at her side.

“Yeah,” I continued. “I don’t really have anything like them at home…so….”

“So you wanted to keep them?”

I only nodded to her response.

She grew an even bigger smile, “Aw, that’s okay with me then. I’ll just put your skirt back on you then.”

I blushed, growing silent. Teresa pulled out my dark skirt before placing it back onto my waist. With my skirt around me once more, the cute teddy bear undies were hidden entirely. She held her hand out to me to help me down.

“There, all finished!” She exclaimed.

“Um…thanks,” I murmured.

“Yup!” She stated as she handed me the bag once more. “I’m leaving your old pair of underwear in there to take home. The pair your wearing now will just be our little treat to give you. There’s also some candy in the bag, so I hope you enjoy it!”

“Thanks!” I smiled back.

Teresa smiled while waving off as we left the daycare. With the goodie bag in hand and a new pair of undies, I opened the van's passenger side once again. Getting in the vehicle made me impatient to break the seal on all mentions of vampire talk.

Miranda took a look at me, “That’s day one.”

“Yup!” I smiled, with no fear of my fangs showing. “Though I’m surprised it was you who came to pick me up and not mother.”

“Well, there’s a reason for that.”

“Hm?”

She turned the keys igniting the engine, and our vehicle went in reverse out of the parking spot. Once in the correct position, she pushed into drive, and we drove out of the parking area of rainbow shine daycare.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 4

The Vampire’s Confession

“…” Miranda silently steered.

“…” I stared at the town we drove through. I was kind of hoping to talk with mother after that day…I’m sure she’d been shocked to hear how it went! I mean, it did start as a nightmare, but it turned out rather great! I can’t wait to give them the full details! Although, maybe there are a few things I shouldn’t say. Teresa’s cleaning assistance popped into my mind.

I continued smiling to myself as we drove down the highway in town. It seemed a little odd that we weren’t going straight back to our domain. “Um, where are we going exactly?” Did Miranda not know the way?

“You’ve noticed?” Miranda replied.

“Well, we aren’t going the other way, so it was kind of obvious.”

“I was given an order to take you to a human store to grab a specific item.”

Hearing the word “human store” blew my mind. “Wait, what?” No need to hold profession with me! Tell me everything!

“This was part of your father’s idea. So, think of it as a continuation of your trial.”

“I see…” I couldn’t help but feel perplexed at the thought. We’re vampires who typically don’t associate with humans. Let alone I was of the royal family who never does small errands like this. I mean, my mother has taken me to a book shop in various vampire towns several times, but not a human shop.

“I’ve done some research in humans before, but this will be my first,” Miranda grinned. “Since you’re the human expert for the day, I’d like you to help me out.”

“Oh, okay.” So, this will be a part of my Halloween trial, then?

“Well, there’s something, in particular, we need to pick up that made this your father’s idea, or so I was told.”

A specific item made from humans? “What would that item be?”

“I’m not sure how you’ll enjoy it, but I think it will be a boon.”

So, an item that’ll help me. There wasn’t a single object that could come to mind that I had an immediate need to. Unless…this object was going to help in a certain regards. “I see,” I responded. “It's fine. You don’t need to hold back on my account.”

“Are you sure?” She looked concerned.

“Mhm!” I smiled back. “If the object you are referring to is going to help my bedwetting, then I’m okay with it.” This was partially true, as I still felt awkward about having said accidents. Though the current day had really given me an eye-opening experience.

“Oh good, as that is our main objective—some protection. Your parents discussed it last night and got into how we should go about getting a cloth type made for you.”

“A cloth-type?” I questioned. Given the circumstance of us going to a store for “protection,” it contradicted her statement. “I’m guessing a different kind was selected?”

“Yup,” Miranda nodded. “While they plotted the course for getting them made, your father mentioned the trial of yours.”

“He did? What did he say?”

“Nothing special, but it had him thinking a better alternative than what we planned.”

“That was to obtain protection at a human store then?”

“Yes, you are right, Viki. I was surprised myself when they mentioned the human world. Imagine if the Vampire prime ministers heard that.”

“Haha, though I’d rather them not learn my problem….”

“Yeah, we’d rather not have that either. But your father really was thinking of you because after hearing his explanation, it definitely seemed the optimal route.”

“Really?!” I smiled.

“Yup! He stated that with a disposable type that we could get from the human world, we’d have a better chance of keeping your secret.”

“I see…” I wasn’t quite following from that.

“If we had gone along with getting the clothe-type made, we’d call the selected set of maids—including myself. Fill them in on your problem of every night and needs of protection. That they were to take the utmost responsibility in protecting your secret by washing your special garments. I already wrote a list of suitable maids. Though, I’m also glad I don’t have to involve them now.”

“…” I blushed silently. I-I couldn’t imagine other maids knowing!

“However, that was when your father thought of your trial in the human world. That if we do go into the human world, in that we have, we could get you a disposable kind that doesn’t exist in Alter. I volunteered for the position with a disposable-type, given I already have cleaned your past messes and dispose of them in a very secure, efficient method. With few knowing, and less to tend, your little secret would be far easier to keep going the disposable route.”

“Oh, okay, that makes sense,” I responded. “That’s why we’re going to a human store then?”

“Yup.”

“…” I resumed my silent stare. Other than that short discussion, Miranda and I returned to silence. Have we really not had a proper conversation in ages? I mean, I want to gain my independence, but I miss talking with Miranda like we’ve done before. I think I’ve only really talked with her recently because I wet the bed and wasn’t sure what to do. Miranda was the first vampire that I’d gone to for help.

“We’re here,” after Miranda mentioned it, the van pulled into an even more considerable parking lot than the daycare. A parking lot that was filled with many other vehicles owned by humans. There were even humans out and about.

I began reading the words on the building structure, “B-r-i-c-m-a-r-t, Bricmart?” More English characters for me to read. Though I’ve read plenty from all the children's books, I’d say my English studies have paid off.

Miranda looked over, “It’s the stores' name, I believe. Your father helped me do a little research beforehand.”

Seeing the store in front of me had me question the reasoning for our entry. “So why not send maids to do our small errands? Or well, I guess you for this special case.”

“You do make a good point, Viki,” She replied. “But your father wanted you to go in and see for yourself. Well, if I’m honest here, I did tell him there were a ton of options to choose from for products. So, your parents and I came to a conclusion for you to choose one yourself. And our realm has a low amount of these kinds of products, which was why we thought it’d be ill to send one of our good maids to die. We’ll be interacting with humans here, so it’ll be good for your trial.”

It made sense now, given we need a diaper essentially for me. I wasn’t aware of Alter's product line that didn’t seem to exist, but I was familiar with it given my short time at the daycare. “Ah, I wouldn’t want you to die!”

“See, you understand now. Now with that taken care of, show me the way.”

“Alright, with pleasure,” I smiled with pride.

Walking in the parking lot of the store felt awkward. There were humans everywhere, let alone commoners. Here we were, a couple of vampires belonging to the royal family. I believe the human’s saying, “fish out of the water,” fits very well. However, I did the best to ardent my resolve.

Coursing through the automatic moving doors, Miranda snagged a clanking cart. Pushing it through the next set of doors led us in the open. Shelves were aligned everywhere with objects to be purchased. Scanning down each of the walkways spotted humans going about their business. They never paid us any attention, thankfully. Looking back down to the clothes I had on, it didn’t appear too different from the kind humans were wearing. That was the boon to allowing us to blend in.

Following the signs above each aisle, we found our way to the primary target—the baby aisle. Products that I saw at the daycare were lined up on the shelves. Said items included baby wipes, bottles, pacifiers, and diapers. The diaper products were all wrapped in colorful plastic material. Each product had pictures of humans on the front. The ages of each human were mostly babies for the baby diaper products. However, I saw the “Bestnite” product that contained an even older child on the cover.

“From the research we conducted,” Miranda mentioned. “The Bestnite’s would work for you.” Both of our attention became affixed to the same pink product—Bestnite for girls. It featured a young brunette girl on the cover. Seeing this product reminded me of Abbey. She supposedly wore Bestnite’s all the time.

However, I already made a decision earlier at the daycare. Turning to the right, I could see a different product—Coddlers: All Day All Night. Most of these products featured young babies on the covers. Scanning these products with my trained eye, I could tell they were actual diapers. Going up in the sizes for the Coddlers: All Day All Night product, the age of the child grew. I first saw a size one that quickly went up to five. Then I stood in front of a size that featured an even older girl—possibly Sharon’s age. The product showcased a size of nine. Even though there was one more size to my right, the girl on the cover caught my attention. Its text advertised support to children who needed them. It also promoted a “Musty Cat” design. This “Musty cat” must have been the leading design choice for Coddlers diapers. Though, that same design must have been what Teresa let me hold. That was when I already made my decision.

“Um…” I murmured. “What about these?”

Miranda turned away from the Bestnite and transformed her direction to the Coddlers diapers. “Coddlers: All Day All Night? …For Girls?” She sounded confused reading the package. “I did take a look at them in my research, but they appeared for babies. Though, that was for the products to the left.”

“Well, um…” I began to blush. “Do you think they’d work for me? I mean, will they fit me?” Thinking back to the diaper I held not too long ago, it’d be unquestionable that they would fit. However, I was embarrassed to state getting a product clearly made for real babies than a girl of my stature.

She took a quick glance at the package for size nine, followed by a quick glance back at me. “These are certain to fit you, but I’m surprised you are considering them?” Looking at my embarrassed expression, she smiled. “But if you are fine with them, then that is all that matters.”

Putting the package in our cart, I began to smile. “Teehee, I just thought they’d be more efficient.” That idea is what I came to a conclusion earlier at daycare. It’d be better to use efficiency than not.

“I think they would as well,” She smiled along as we passed by other adults entering the aisle.

Now approached the challenging part to this task—the checkout. Our cart currently contained a single package of Coddlers and other assorted groceries. It was rather odd Miranda decided to purchase bare essentials, such as salt, sugar, and other ingredients. However, she only responded that we might stock up on our own supplies and see how the human world tasted. Not that we’d devour any humans, mainly to see if the flavor of their ingredients tasted well. From my studies, these ingredients should not differ much from the kind we use in our world. I guess that was Miranda, one of our best maids for you—looking out for our wares.

However, we only scanned the checkout lanes to find one that would be swift in our endeavors. A quick glance showed the fifteenth lane had only one human lady, where the others had multiple humans. Though Miranda had the same idea, our cart did not proceed any further. Perhaps she, too, was also afraid of having to engage with a human. This made me picture her earlier meeting with Teresa to have been frightening despite the face she displayed. Perhaps even for mother who met Teresa earlier.

Taking the lead, I began pulling the cart from the front into the lane. The lady who was currently in there gave us a smile. She had jet-black hair and looked a bit on the older side for humans. As for the cashier, it was a human woman with red hair tied in a tail. Though she was a bit on the heavier side, she appeared cheerful enough with a big grin.

The woman pulled out from her purse several sets of green sheets of paper that the cashier gladly accepted before handing a lengthy white sheet in return. If this was the currency for the human world, we’d be in a bit of trouble. In our domain as vampires, the accepted money was coined. Unlike the rest of the world, we did not demand a change to a paper system.

“Uh,” I looked over to Miranda.

“Oh, it is fine,” Miranda stated. “I was given a card, and it should still be efficient.” The card is meant as in our payment card. I was aware the humans also had a card system in place, though not if the vampire’s card system worked here as well. “How else do you think your parents managed to pay for your daycare stay.” After giving me a smirk, she began placing items on the counter. I began to follow her lead and assist by lifting the Coddlers package on the counter.

Once all the items were placed, they began shifting across the counter on the conveyor belt. The red-haired woman began shuffling the objects in front of her, with each item producing a “beep” sound as they went across.

As she scanned the package of Coddlers, she gave a slight chuckle, “Kids, huh.” She moved the package to the side, placing it inside a small white plastic bag. “I’ve thought about having kids myself, but I’m not so sure right now.” She was directly making eye contact with Miranda, who turned to me in agreement that we both wish we could be saved about now.

“I uh,” Miranda stuttered. “Children are wonderful…Viki, my sister here is proof of that.”

Oof, way to send the problem in my direction. Looking directly into the woman’s emerald eyes, I gave a smile in return. “I try my best.”

The woman returned her gaze over to Miranda, “She’s a cute girl. How old is she?”

“That she is,” Miranda smiled proudly. “She’s currently twelve.”

“Ah, I wouldn’t have guessed that. Kids do seem to grow up fast these days.”

“I suppose they do,” Miranda smiled back. Thankfully the last item was placed in a new plastic bag. Our turning stomachs soon to be put at rest.

“That’ll be 52.73, please.”

“Okay,” Miranda started pulling out a card from her right-leg pocket. The cashier took it and swiped it down on the machine in front of her.

“Now, just sign here,” the cashier stated, pointing to a device on the side.

After a few presses on that screen, Miranda appeared to have completed the task. A sheet of white paper was produced and assigned to us to hold. We gave our glances to each other before walking off with the cart containing the white plastic bags holding our items.

A few steps out the automatically moving doors, and we both exhaled our held breath.

“That was more stressful than I thought,” Miranda stated.

“Yeah,” I nodded in return.

“I was personally afraid they’d be on to us, haha.”

“Well, it appears you and the other maids do a well enough job picking out our clothes.”

“That we do.”

Driving along the road once more, the feeling on my bladder began acting up once more. The stressful situation from the human store caused me to neglect my need to go, but it wasn’t that dire at this time.

“We’ll be back soon, though?” I asked.

Miranda gave me a smile, “Of course.”

We sat in silence along the way as I began rocking my feet. “Everything alright?” Miranda asked.

“Yup, yup, I’m all okay!” I smiled back.

“Alright, I’m happy that stress didn’t eat you out.”

“Haha, yeah.”

“Well, I think I’ll converse for some alternative options. I’d rather not enter another human store myself going in the future.”

“Okay…?” I only could nod along with her vague statement. It was true we did embrace a rather stressful encounter; however, it was for my test. At least that’s what I thought.

A short drive later and teleportation, we made it back to our estate. Rocking my legs back and forth, the ache on my bladder ready to release anytime soon.

Once Miranda opened the door, I rushed out down the hall. The ache on my bladder caused me to take action. I began to vault myself at higher speeds than what was possible for humans. Only to stop at the door in the hallway to find it open already. Mother turned her head, giving me a smile.

“Thanks, mother!” I beamed a smile back. With the opening to the next hall open, I proceeded to vault through to the nearest restroom. Finding myself on the throne, a blush of relief came across me. If we had taken longer, I might have had an accident on the ride back home. “Teehee,” I began laughing to myself. I only need the diapers for bedtime, not the day. Though…that kind of goes against my idea… Finishing the job with a flush, I exited the bathroom.

Outside in the hall was Miranda holding a grin. “Hehe, I had a feeling that’s what it was.”

“Oh…was I that transparent, huh?” I blushed back.

“Yeah, I figured you were embarrassed to say you had a growing urge. That’s why I sent a message ahead of time to give the assistance. But I’m glad I don’t need to order a clean-up of the car now.”

“Haha, yeah,” I scratched my head. But that’d explain why mother was there at the door.

“It's okay, sweetie, here take this bag to your room.” mother handed me one of the Bricmart bags that contained my package of Coddlers. She most likely finished giving an inspection. “Don’t forget to put it in your trunk.”

By “trunk,” she meant my locked-up regal wooden chest. This was for objects we didn’t want others to identify—especially our maids.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t want them finding out….”

“Well, Miranda’s aware of it, but we’ll keep it a secret from the others.”

“You have no fear of my awareness,” came the voice of Miranda behind my mother. “I think they are rather suiting to you.”

“Oh, you thought so too?” Mother acknowledged.

“Yeah, I thought something this cute would be rather fitting for our lady.”

What kind of short discussion had they had while I used the potty?!

Feeling my face turn red and my head light, I started to shuffle around them. “I’ll just be in my room then.” Scooting off after hearing their chuckles, I found the door to my room. Locating the locked-up chest, ornated with a couple dragons on the front, I put my finger along the front side. Unlike other locks, this lock was unique. The design was made of a metal material. However, there was no opening to its mechanics. This lock was what we called a mana lock. It only would open up to specific types of chi energy we vampires could produce. This kind of device was similar to a fingerprint scanner I’ve read about in the human world.

Focusing the energy to my finger, “clack” the lock released. Pulling the lock off, I pushed the olden chest open as it began to squeak. Identifying that all my other secrets were safe, I located the plastic bag within the chest. Taking one last look at the package of Coddlers, I smiled, closing the trunk once more. Clicking the lock in place once again, I frolicked back out of my room.

Silence like an empty void described this current table to a tee. Sitting down in wait for my mother to speak up as I stared at my food—only to find silence.

Our father was away from the dinner table tonight, given the current events. That only would leave my mother and me to enjoy our dinner. However, my mother was being awfully silent than usual.

Unable to embrace this silence, I opened my fanged mouth. “Mother, is there an issue going on?”

She turned to face me with a wry smile, “Ah, I’m sorry, sweetie. I had been deep in thought.”

“I see,” I replied. “Anything I can assist with?”

“Hmm,” She hummed. Turning to the side, she motioned for Miranda, who had been on the side, to come closer. “Can you move the others to leave the room.”

With a swift nod, “Yes, milady.” Miranda scrambled to the other maids within the dining room and gave the message to make an exit. What seemed like a pack of unorganized rats, all the maids on standby left with celerity. This only left three vampires left in the room—Miranda, mother, and myself.

Given the situation of having all the maids exit, that would mean this conversation would be private. Miranda was our trusted maid of highest regards. This way, it would be fine for her to remain. Especially if it went in a direction dealing with myself.

“Alright,” My mother took a deep breath. “I had been curious about your decision earlier.”

My decision? Perhaps she was questioning my reasoning for wanting to go to the human world, though that should be taken care of. “That was?” I asked, unsure.

“For choosing a package of diapers designed for babies.”

“Oh…” I began to turn red. “Well, they’d fit me, right?”

“That may be true, but I thought Bestnite’s would have been more for your stature.”

The talk about Bestnite’s continued, and I hadn’t even seen one up close. However, it didn’t affect the choice I concluded. “There are actually a few reasons for it.” I took a sip of my juice. The sweet taste of tristles, similar to an apple, tingled on my fangs.

“Oh? What would those be?”

“Well,” I cleared my throat. “I thought Bestnite’s wouldn’t be as efficient in absorbency. This way, if I wanted the optimal choice, my reasoning should be clear.”

“I see, that would make sense. Though I’m a little surprised, you’re aware of the differences between the two. We, vampires, don’t have this Bestnite as a product. Thus, it’d be difficult to make that conclusion on your own.”

I thought back to Teresa and her bright smile, “That’d be thanks to Teresa. After I had the accident, she explained to me that I’d more than likely need some form of protection for the next naptime. It sounded Bestnite’s weren’t as efficient as a diaper, so I told her I’d wear a diaper.”

“So, you chose to go with a diaper due to this earlier decision?”

“Yup,” I smiled. “Though there’s a little more to it that I wanted to say. From the time I spent at the daycare, I discovered a majority of the children there have problems with the potty. Even one of the friends I made wore a form of protection.” Reminiscing the thought of Abbey having to receive a change caused me to smile. “They even had to get a change. That’s why, since I was older, I thought if I had a babyish product, it’d help find a balance.”

“Ah, I see,” She nodded back. “Your reasoning does have some sensibility to it. So, I’ll be glad to accept it.” She gave a bright smile. “I’m sorry about asking this. I didn’t mean to bring it up, but since you were polite, I couldn’t ignore your smile.”

“Aw,” I smiled, blushing. “I don’t mind. It was probably odd that I did choose the Coddlers, though.”

“A little,” She smirked back. “But I think it’s actually a cute option, so I’m happy with it.” She looked at me, holding her smile for a second longer before exchanging a concerned expression. “However, it appeared you wanted to fit the balance, was it? Did you wish to wear a diaper during your stay at daycare?”

My face went completely red, “Wha-wha, like the whole time?”

Mother nodded with a smirk, “That’s what it sounded like.”

Feeling very flustered, I thought about the comments Abbey and Sharon made. How many of the kids there wore Bestnite’s or even diapers. I thought about this and came to this conclusion. “I-I, um…yes...” I shrank down in embarrassment.

“Aw, it’s okay, sweetie. I understand your position. You desire to fit in with the humans more, so I’d say it fits within the trial.”

I looked up to her with a bright smile, “Really?”

“Yup!” She smiled back. “We’ll keep it a secret, so you don’t need to be afraid. Though I will explain it to your father, I’m sure he’ll agree with me.”

“Um, okay.”

“I’m sure you’re fine with Miranda knowing, though, since she’s still here.”

I turned over to Miranda, who smiled, giving a happy wave. “Yeah, we keep many secrets, haha.”

“But that means before I take you to daycare, I’ll make sure you are wearing your diaper then.”

“Okay, thanks, mommy!”

“Mhm, sweetie,” We both smiled brightly at each other. “Though I’ll have to explain it to that one lady, Terisa, was it? About you wearing diapers.”

“Okay,” I nodded. “Teehee, her name is Teresa, and I’m sure she’ll be fine with it.”

“I sure hope so if she’ll be having to take care of my diapered daughter.” She folded her arms and began pouting.

“Are you saying you’re fine with her…you know…” I blushed, looking down.

“Well, I’m not fine with anyone peering at my innocent daughter, let alone some human. But if you’re fine with her, I’ll be as well.”

“Hehe, I’m okay with her,” I gave an innocent smile. She did help change me earlier today anyways. So, I’d be okay with her helping me.

“Alright, now for one last thing. Miranda, I need to ask you something.”

Miranda rushed over, holding the dress in her fingertips, “Yes?”

“How do you picture Viki here wearing a cute diaper?” Once my mother started it, I turned red once again.

Miranda had an innocent smirk all over her face, “Teehee, I think she’d be a wonderfully cute child.”

Mother grew an even prouder smile, “I thought so too.”

“I suppose you’ll be changing your daughter then?” Miranda asked.

“Of course, they don’t call me the nurturing queen for nothing.”

“Very well, I’ll make sure that all the other maids are away when those times come.”

“Thank you for everything,” Mother gave a natural smile.

“Yes,” Miranda smiled back. “I look forward to seeing milady wearing one of these. What were they called? Coddlers?”

They both laughed as I looked down, trying to ignore the embarrassment.

Resting up against the comfortable chair in my chambers, I happily read through my book. The time was approaching my bedtime, which meant closer to my first diaper.

Mother and father are both fine with it, even Miranda. Once my father finished his business for the day, he had a quick discussion with my mother about me wearing diapers. A brief conversation doesn’t even cut it, as they got about a few sentences in before it ultimately being accepted. Apparently, even my father didn’t mind his daughter was to be wearing a diaper. As long as it’s for the trial, he says. Well, that means…I’ll be wearing a diaper the whole time I’m at the daycare.

I began thinking back to Abbey, who wore Bestnite’s. Abbey and Sharon did say most of the kids had potty problems, hence why they wore them…so does that mean I’ll be having potty issues? Will I be like Abbey and be receiving changes from Teresa? Mother says she’s okay with Teresa changing me, so that’d mean Teresa would be changing me after I… Losing focus on my book, I swiftly closed it.

The situation was odd. I was a growing princess, too old for being a child. Though, was it okay for me to act like a child? The children’s activities we did at the daycare were fun. Plus, I enjoyed my time with Abbey and Sharon. So, I conclude that it’s okay for me to want what I desire.

Moving over to my bed, I crawled on top. “Hehe, I’m a baby.” I giggled to myself as I began wiggling my butt about.

“Knock. Knock,” A knock came at my door. The handle turned, and my mother walked in with a smile. I began blushing as I was crawling on the bed. “Now that bedtime approaches, we should get you changed…my baby!” I turned an even brighter red. “Now stay there and lie back. I’ll get your diaper.” After her command, I turned over to my back, laying my head against the pink pillow. My mother glided across the floor to the trunk. The lock was designated to open to a select few—my parents included.

“Rustle, rustle,” were the sounds of the plastic as my mother rummaged the Coddlers package out. “Snap,” the package was torn open. With the sounds of rustling once again, she closed the trunk with a “clack.”

Walking with a smile, she held a colorful piece of clothing in her hand. I recognized this as the same kind of diaper I carried before. With a cute cat on the front, I felt giddy.

“I’m actually surprised you’re fine with me changing you,” My mother exclaimed.

“Ah, well, I like the attention Teehee,” I giggled.

“Well then,” She smiled back. “Will you enjoy this?” With celerity, her hands began shuffling under my shirt. Her fingers began brushing up against my skin with a tickle attack.

“Hehe,” I blushed with a burst of giggles.

She abruptly stopped her action, “Now that should have warmed us up. It’s been some time since I have changed you.” Without hesitation, her hands made for my pants.

“Yeah,” I smiled back. “When was the last time?”

“Hmm,” She hummed as she tightly gripped the waist. “I think when you were like one.”

“Oh, I see, so I grew out of diapers rather quickly.”

“Not like most vampires stay in them forever after all.”

“Yet I’m about to wear another,” I smirked.

“Well, you are our special princess!” She smiled back. As she eyed under my skirt, she had a surprised expression. “My, I don’t recall our princess having cute undies like these.”

Looking down, I blushed for the fiftieth time in the day. These were the pair of underwear Teresa gladly gave and that I happily took.

“When Teresa helped me find new clothes, she gave me these. I uh, really liked them, so she gave them to me.”

“I’ll have to thank Teresa then. Perhaps we should rethink your wardrobe?”

Rethinking my wardrobe would mean choosing new clothing options. “I wouldn’t be against it….”

“Haha, I know you’ll be pleased with cute clothes now. I’ll have Miranda get started on that secret task of shifting your wardrobe. For now, let me get you changed.” She undressed my underwear, leaving me bare once again in the hands of another. This time, I was receiving a change to a diaper.

Mother unfolded the object before sliding it under me. “You’ll have to spread your legs, hon,” she ruled. Without question, I moved my legs apart. Her hands tightly gripped the top of the diaper as it climbed its way over me. Wrapping the sides around, it was a clean fit. “You’re ready for bed now. We shouldn’t have to worry about a wet bed, huh?”

Sitting up, the Coddlers diaper gave a slight rustle. “Yeah, this diaper should treat that.” Eyeing the Musty cat design, I brushed my hand over the top. The softness exploded through my fingers. It wasn’t anything I had expected—comfort.

“How does it feel?” Mother asked.

“It is different…but rather um…comfy,” I smiled.

“Is that so,” she smiled back. “I’m glad it is, as it is rather cute on you.”

“Hehe, I think the design is rather cute too.”

We finished exchanging our smiles and goodnights before prepping for our nighttime slumber. With one day completed, I smiled as I waited for the next one—no more fears for an accident during the middle of the night.