Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Foreskin Restoration?

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this discussion here is actually a surprise tbh

I've been doing it for about 7 years; I don't remember the exact date I started, but I remember I made my first makeshift device during the Fall quarter of my second year of college, so that narrows it down to September-October 2014. It definitely helped me a lot, and if you met me when I was 19 years old, you'd believe it. I was so depressed that I fell behind in school (before that year of college, the closest I ever got to failing any class was AP Bio) and I lashed out very frequently.

Today, I'm in a much better place and I really have this to credit to that. I have a good amount of soft coverage now, but I'm not done (I did have a few breaks here and there; if you stick to it, it should not take you this long). I'm fairly close to full coverage, but I would like a bit of overhang and I feel like I will most likely be the type to want a touch-up surgery to make it look and function more like the real thing; "out of sight, out of mind" is a big part of why it helped me

Anyway, I'm certainly happy to have discovered it. I don't really like to think about what would have happened if I hadn't found some way to get back at least some of what was lost.

On 9/1/2021 at 3:15 AM, AdamantZoroark said:

Seeing this discussion here is actually a surprise tbh

I've been doing it for about 7 years; I don't remember the exact date I started, but I remember I made my first makeshift device during the Fall quarter of my second year of college, so that narrows it down to September-October 2014. It definitely helped me a lot, and if you met me when I was 19 years old, you'd believe it. I was so depressed that I fell behind in school (before that year of college, the closest I ever got to failing any class was AP Bio) and I lashed out very frequently.

Today, I'm in a much better place and I really have this to credit to that. I have a good amount of soft coverage now, but I'm not done (I did have a few breaks here and there; if you stick to it, it should not take you this long). I'm fairly close to full coverage, but I would like a bit of overhang and I feel like I will most likely be the type to want a touch-up surgery to make it look and function more like the real thing; "out of sight, out of mind" is a big part of why it helped me

Anyway, I'm certainly happy to have discovered it. I don't really like to think about what would have happened if I hadn't found some way to get back at least some of what was lost.

Hey, I hope this is okay to ask, but what exactly does the process entail? It's something that I've been contemplating recently.

38 minutes ago, dabboi said:

Hey, I hope this is okay to ask, but what exactly does the process entail? It's something that I've been contemplating recently.

Foreskin restoration is basically regrowing the foreskin that was taken off at circumcision by adding tension to the penile skin to induce mitosis and  slowly-but-surely recover the glans of the penis.

Besides the cosmetic benefit, the additional skin makes masturbation easier (because you’re stimulating your penis with skin, and not your bare hand.) And ease of masturbation aside, many restored men report having increased sensitivity and sexual pleasure from the penishead not being constantly exposed.

And the best part is that unless you’re springing for the tools to aid in restoration, you can do everything for free yourself. There are numerous tutorials, tips, and groups to help you start. :)

On 9/3/2021 at 10:20 PM, dabboi said:

It's basically just gently applying tension to the remaining skin until it covers the glans again - I think the easiest to conceptualize (and also the easiest to get started with since it doesn't cost anything) is using your hands to apply tension. There are some people who make devices that apply tension a variety of different ways to apply the tension, but most of these require a bit of slack skin to work at all (though some that use tape to grip the skin instead of silicone grippers will also work with tight cuts). But yeah, that's basically all there is to it - also, if you're imagining it would hurt, it shouldn't - if it's painful, that's a sign that you're tugging too hard

11 hours ago, ExodusFlame said:

There's actually a company these days which is looking toward foreskin regeneration, called "Foregen". It's still not ready for clinical trials yet, but it looks promising for getting your actual foreakin tissue back.

I think they're a bit of a way's off, though - the histological study they got funded makes them seem promising, but I'd say even in the best case scenario, someone starting restoration now could be done years before Foregen has an actual service to offer (assuming they do more than just get this into the medical literature & get regulatory approval - I do think it's highly probable that another institution like WFIRM will be the ones to actually have the lab resources to offer the service)

I'm not trying to knock them, though; I do think this is a goal worthy of pursuing and it's more plausible than ending circumcision altogether. I think most of the people bashing them are the ones who have realized that they'll likely be too old to really benefit from this service themselves, never mind the fact that there are still people being circumcised at birth today who may want this service available to them in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I might consider having this done myself, I don't know if it'll restore the lost sensitivity.  You'd better believe that I'm quite bitter about this sort of thing being condoned because a certain group of people with a disproportionate amount of influence in high places will ruin you if you ever question even the alleged medical benefits of the practice.  To add insult to injury, the female equivalent was declared a crime against humanity by the UN, but nobody gives a fuck about us guys.

14 hours ago, D0nt45k said:

As much as I might consider having this done myself, I don't know if it'll restore the lost sensitivity.  You'd better believe that I'm quite bitter about this sort of thing being condoned because a certain group of people with a disproportionate amount of influence in high places will ruin you if you ever question even the alleged medical benefits of the practice.  To add insult to injury, the female equivalent was declared a crime against humanity by the UN, but nobody gives a fuck about us guys.

I can tell you from experience, you definitely regain sensitivity. Its a process. (And a long one. You really need to make restoration a mindless habit) Ultimately though, once you’re able to cover the head with newly restored skin, the sensitivity becomes pretty noticeable.

For me, I went from being able to freeball in jeans, to needing near constant coverage. It’s absolutely worth looking into.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:18 AM, BladderLad said:

Im British-why is it so common in the USA

16 hours ago, BleachBod said:

The honest to gods truth: The president of a cereal company pushed for male circumcision as a way to discourage masturbation. I can’t make this up.

It's a little more complicated than that.  The Kellogg Brothers ran a medical practice before one of them decided to get into cereal (resulting in a falling out with his brother), and there was this obsession at the time with Neo-Puritan moralism (the same that would eventually result in the prohibition of alcohol, marijuana, and prostitution, the latter two still being in effect on the federal level while the former proved to be completely unenforceable, in addition to almost single-handedly leading to the rise of organized crime syndicates in the US to national prominence), which preached that masturbation was a mortal sin and that anything to discourage boys from doing it was justified, hence the adoption of circumcision, a practice seldom seen in the country prior to that point, as standard; of course it should be noted that there didn't seem to be any such proscriptions against the female equivalent, and in fact it was at this time that the first vibrators were invented to treat "hysteria" in women (read: sexual frustration, prior to which the standard treatment was, I shit you not, to finger the "patient" to orgasm - vibrators were invented because the doctors' arms would get tired after doing this enough times on a given day).  Then of course they retroactively tried to attribute all sorts of alleged "benefits" to justify it medically once neo-puritanism's stranglehold on the American population waned (largely as a result of the unpopularity of alcohol prohibition when actually put into practice, to say nothing about the ensuing organized crime problem that persisted until around the end of the 1980s), but proper hygiene renders all of them effectively moot.

As for why performing circumcision on underaged boys hasn't been banned (except for medical necessity, if you've got a bad infection down there and the alternative is losing your dick completely or having it spread elsewhere in the body, and non-surgical treatments fail...well, it's the lesser evil in that case)...there's a certain, minority group of people in the US with a disproportionate amount of influence in politics, media, academia, and finance, who become extremely vindictive if you question certain practices of theirs and will ruin you in response to even minor slights, and I'll just leave it at that.  There's also the fact that infant foreskins (and aborted fetuses, which is a whole different can of worms) are used as a source of stem cells for research in that particular field, and laboratories will pay a lot of cash for them (I've also heard that they're used to make certain cosmetics too, which I can't verify but considering how many other questionable ingredients go into that sort of stuff, it wouldn't surprise me), so hospitals have a financial incentive to perform the procedure too, to the point where they'll often do it to newborn boys unless you explicitly tell them not to, and they won't even ask either, you have to tell them ahead of time.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Spectator9 said:

Circumcision is widespread among Muslim and Jewish men, so it is a practice that will continue for the foreseeable future.  

I'm not saying you're wrong because this fact is preventing a total ban from happening (even in countries like Denmark where a majority of the population actually wants a ban) but this is part of why I think it's so important to let people know this is a thing (and to make sure something like Foregen can be achievable for future generations). Foreskin restoration is mentioned on the Reddit sub r/ExMuslim pretty frequently (definitely more frequently than subreddits not specifically dedicated to intactivism or foreskin restoration) so there's clearly demand for such a thing for people born into religions that practice circumcision and who later leave said religion.

EDIT:

they'll often do it to newborn boys unless you explicitly tell them not to, and they won't even ask either, you have to tell them ahead of time.

@D0nt45k I'm against circumcision as well, but I want your source on this. Every single site I've found for law firms that represent people against doctors in medical malpractice cases has specifically mentioned that performing it without consent from the parents is malpractice. As much as hospitals want to profit off of violating baby boys' bodily autonomy, they also want to avoid getting sued for medical malpractice, so if you have a source that says otherwise, please enlighten me.

Edited by AdamantZoroark (see edit history)
4 hours ago, AdamantZoroark said:

I'm not saying you're wrong because this fact is preventing a total ban from happening (even in countries like Denmark where a majority of the population actually wants a ban) but this is part of why I think it's so important to let people know this is a thing (and to make sure something like Foregen can be achievable for future generations). Foreskin restoration is mentioned on the Reddit sub r/ExMuslim pretty frequently (definitely more frequently than subreddits not specifically dedicated to intactivism or foreskin restoration) so there's clearly demand for such a thing for people born into religions that practice circumcision and who later leave said religion.

EDIT:

@D0nt45k I'm against circumcision as well, but I want your source on this. Every single site I've found for law firms that represent people against doctors in medical malpractice cases has specifically mentioned that performing it without consent from the parents is malpractice. As much as hospitals want to profit off of violating baby boys' bodily autonomy, they also want to avoid getting sued for medical malpractice, so if you have a source that says otherwise, please enlighten me.

Admittedly most of it is anecdotal, from people I know personally, but there's a lot of corruption and graft in healthcare, that is a known fact.  Risk of malpractoce suits or not, sometimes they're willing to bet on people either not caring or not knowing their rights if the potential payoff is big enough.

1 hour ago, D0nt45k said:

Admittedly most of it is anecdotal, from people I know personally, but there's a lot of corruption and graft in healthcare, that is a known fact.  Risk of malpractoce suits or not, sometimes they're willing to bet on people either not caring or not knowing their rights if the potential payoff is big enough.

You also have to consider that doctors would be losing their licenses to practice medicine if they were knowingly performing circumcisions on infants without parental consent. While it's true that there's a lot of corruption in healthcare in the US (circumcision wouldn't still be routinely performed in hospitals if there weren't corruption), you have not given me any solid evidence to suggest that a good number of doctors would risk running afoul of state medical boards and putting their whole careers in jeopardy over it.

Basically, provide sources (aside from citing people you personally know) that show doctors and hospitals routinely perform them without asking for parental consent first. And if you can, provide examples from 2021 as opposed to 1971.