Sign In

Asexuallity and Omorashi Separate from Sexuaity

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually want to say something on this. It is true that people with autism are more likely to be GSRM in some way. I've heard two explanations for this. The first explanation is that their brain is

I am not personally asexual. However, I do think that one can enjoy omorashi in a non-sexual manner. I'd also be interested to hear more asexual perspectives on this.  Are you a person whose libi

I think having empathy and not being able to connect well with others is not mutually exclusive. Like I could feel empathetic towards people in a bad situation such as I could feel empathy for people

Posted Images

@trekkie

I realize that not all psychiatrist and psychologist are the same but I have been going to all sorts of different ones from the earliest age I can remember (I have a very thick history) and I can honestly say my experiences were pretty much overwhelmingly negative with all of them. I mean I even had a psychiatrist who is a smoking hot Asian woman and I still didn't like her because she was a cold bitch and just wanted to give me medication, and given how fond I am of Asian women the fact that I didn't like her is really saying something. But when you have lots of weird beliefs in the paranormal shrinks are very very hostile towards you I can say, not very open it all. To me psychiatrists I have found to be narrow minded more than any other group, except perhaps religious fundamentalists like the Taliban.

My main fear is that if I tell them my honest thoughts and feelings they will want to institutionalize me as a threat to myself and others like back in high school, where admittedly I was a strict myself and others because the student was harassing me in high school and I was planning to murder him. I hate to admit it but if my parents had owned a gun I probably would have been breaking the glass ceiling for female school shooters. In fact a couple of people have come up to me at one point and asked if I was going to Columbine them at some point (this was in 2001 when that was the only mass shooting, you know before they became a weekly affair), so needless to say I was bullied and harassed constantly in high school and as a result of that I think I am very deeply distrustful of people in general.

Actually it's funny you should mention slamming ahead against the wall because that's actually exactly what I did in high school right before I was institutionalized. I was trying to kill myself by smashing my head against a brick wall.
But I get what you're saying, one of the things that my dad constantly tells me is that I have a college education and was a great student so there is no reason why I should be able to function like a normal adult. He basically says that you should get over it, as though mental illness was something you could get over cause "it's all in your head" IE not real. I pointed out to him that would be like telling a crippled person to just walk asshole but he doesn't get it. He just doesn't know how to deal with people with mental issues and really can't understand anyone who is different from him.

And he really never says anything constructive or helpful as it's pretty much all just complaints and insults, like I have never heard him say a single nice or complementary or uplifting thing to another person in my entire life and I have seen him every day of my life practically for the last 37 years. Some people just can't deal with others who are different than them and will just never understand people who are different than them. Sometimes it's just like as soon as I wake up he is complaining about all of my weird little quirks and how I don't have any friends and don't do anything on my own and I just sort of want to go away and kill myself honestly because I feel pretty unwanted in general. So I never developed self esteem or confidence or feelings of self worth.

My dad has tried to hire people to help me and get me benefits and stuff like that but they haven't really done anything that has helped me in any major, way and it has been a long time since I have heard from any of the social workers who are supposed to be helping me. I just honestly never felt anyone has helped me or even really tried very much to help me, I feel like I'm just sort of a person who is a nuisance and a burden to others and that others view as selfish and want to get rid of me and put away somewhere more or less.

And I can get where they are coming from on that because I really do rely on my dad for pretty much everything, financially, getting my food, all this other stuff and I just couldn't function on my own, and to his credit he does provide for all my needs and puts up with me. When he went away to leave me on my own for a week I was pretty much having a meltdown and I attempted suicide, and honestly had I been sick during that time I would have ended up just letting myself die out of spite.

I think my problem is that I really can't adapt to change at all whatsoever. Like if my dad were to die I think I would have a very hard time adapting to having another person here that I don't really know taking care of me, and I am really embarrassed to admit just how much stuff I really can't do on my own that most adults can, even in my private journals I don't admit some things. Originally I was just going to kill myself when my mom died but then I guess since my dad just continue doing things the way my mom did I stuck around, but the truth is I have been in a constant state of nonstop misery since pretty much high school and it hasn't gotten better. And the fact that I have chronic illness on top of that and I am in the hospital more than anyone I know really doesn't make it any better. In the long run I feel like I am just hoping that my dad outlives me and that I will die and he can bury me and then move on with his life. That would probably be the ideal solution because I really don't believe it's ever going to get better.

But I don't want to go on and on about my problems because then this thread would eventually reach the infinite in a short amount of time. When you have been looking around for a solution since you were basically four years old and things just consistently get worse and that nothing helps you, at some point you just sort of give up and resign yourself to the fact that your life is a living hell and is just never going to get better. Some people just can't be happy in the world the way it is and I am one such person. I was just born in the wrong time, place and circumstances for me ever to find happiness or to ever be able to function normally.

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

@trekkie

I realize that not all psychiatrist and psychologist are the same but I have been going to all sorts of different ones from the earliest age I can remember (I have a very thick history) and I can honestly say my experiences were pretty much overwhelmingly negative with all of them. I mean I even had a psychiatrist who is a smoking hot Asian woman and I still didn't like her because she was a cold bitch and just wanted to give me medication, and given how fond I am of Asian women the fact that I didn't like her is really saying something. But when you have lots of weird beliefs in the paranormal shrinks are very very hostile towards you I can say, not very open it all. To me psychiatrists I have found to be narrow minded more than any other group, except perhaps religious fundamentalists like the Taliban.

My main fear is that if I tell them my honest thoughts and feelings they will want to institutionalize me as a threat to myself and others like back in high school, where admittedly I was a strict myself and others because the student was harassing me in high school and I was planning to murder him. I hate to admit it but if my parents had owned a gun I probably would have been breaking the glass ceiling for female school shooters. In fact a couple of people have come up to me at one point and asked if I was going to Columbine them at some point (this was in 2001 when that was the only mass shooting, you know before they became a weekly affair), so needless to say I was bullied and harassed constantly in high school and as a result of that I think I am very deeply distrustful of people in general.

Actually it's funny you should mention slamming ahead against the wall because that's actually exactly what I did in high school right before I was institutionalized. I was trying to kill myself by smashing my head against a brick wall.
But I get what you're saying, one of the things that my dad constantly tells me is that I have a college education and was a great student so there is no reason why I should be able to function like a normal adult. He basically says that you should get over it, as though mental illness was something you could get over cause "it's all in your head" IE not real. I pointed out to him that would be like telling a crippled person to just walk asshole but he doesn't get it. He just doesn't know how to deal with people with mental issues and really can't understand anyone who is different from him.

And he really never says anything constructive or helpful as it's pretty much all just complaints and insults, like I have never heard him say a single nice or complementary or uplifting thing to another person in my entire life and I have seen him every day of my life practically for the last 37 years. Some people just can't deal with others who are different than them and will just never understand people who are different than them. Sometimes it's just like as soon as I wake up he is complaining about all of my weird little quirks and how I don't have any friends and don't do anything on my own and I just sort of want to go away and kill myself honestly because I feel pretty unwanted in general. So I never developed self esteem or confidence or feelings of self worth.

My dad has tried to hire people to help me and get me benefits and stuff like that but they haven't really done anything that has helped me in any major, way and it has been a long time since I have heard from any of the social workers who are supposed to be helping me. I just honestly never felt anyone has helped me or even really tried very much to help me, I feel like I'm just sort of a person who is a nuisance and a burden to others and that others view as selfish and want to get rid of me and put away somewhere more or less.

And I can get where they are coming from on that because I really do rely on my dad for pretty much everything, financially, getting my food, all this other stuff and I just couldn't function on my own, and to his credit he does provide for all my needs and puts up with me. When he went away to leave me on my own for a week I was pretty much having a meltdown and I attempted suicide, and honestly had I been sick during that time I would have ended up just letting myself die out of spite.

I think my problem is that I really can't adapt to change at all whatsoever. Like if my dad were to die I think I would have a very hard time adapting to having another person here that I don't really know taking care of me, and I am really embarrassed to admit just how much stuff I really can't do on my own that most adults can, even in my private journals I don't admit some things. Originally I was just going to kill myself when my mom died but then I guess since my dad just continue doing things the way my mom did I stuck around, but the truth is I have been in a constant state of nonstop misery since pretty much high school and it hasn't gotten better. And the fact that I have chronic illness on top of that and I am in the hospital more than anyone I know really doesn't make it any better. In the long run I feel like I am just hoping that my dad outlives me and that I will die and he can bury me and then move on with his life. That would probably be the ideal solution because I really don't believe it's ever going to get better.

But I don't want to go on and on about my problems because then this thread would eventually reach the infinite in a short amount of time. When you have been looking around for a solution since you were basically four years old and things just consistently get worse and that nothing helps you, at some point you just sort of give up and resign yourself to the fact that your life is a living hell and is just never going to get better. Some people just can't be happy in the world the way it is and I am one such person. I was just born in the wrong time, place and circumstances for me ever to find happiness or to ever be able to function normally.

It takes all sorts of people with all different thought processes, ways and means to make the world go round.  You bring a lot to us and we value you. There can't only be an online version of that.  The truth is out there somewhere.  You'll find what you need. 

Come and chat. There's chat going on 👍

I have more to say!   It's difficult in the extreme if you write on here of suicidal thoughts, because there is nothing we here can directly do about it.  I don't even know enough to find your non-omo writings! 

I would be extremely upset if it came to light you had done that, but I don't know what to say to you that would help.  I would urge you to talk to somebody real if you get those thoughts. 

I went through a bad patch about 15 years ago where, partly because of the effect this kind of sexuality had on my relationships, partly from feeling I was the only one who thought the way I do, and at that time I was talking about endings and actually doing things that were probably not genuine attempts to kill myself, but were not nothing and certainly were cries for help.  These days I do not recognise that person and am eternally grateful that I did pull through those times.  I'm not saying I never get depressed, sometimes about exactly the same things, but I have found some wisdom and serenity which I am pleased I waited around long enough to discover. 

I can only imagine the effect it would have had on my family and friends had I continued on the path of self destruction.  But scaring me/us isn't going to help.  What are we gonna do if you're not out there writing and being you?  Honestly, if you even think those things you really should find someone to help you work them out as you have your unique place in the tapestry of the world.  

Edited by rebeljaffa (see edit history)

@rebeljaffa

I don't want you to worry about me and that was why was reluctant to post any of this at all. I have had these feelings and thoughts constantly for about the last 20 or 25 years and to a lesser degree since I was just four years old, but I haven't really acted on them and don't have any plans to act on them directly. As I said I don't really need to kill myself because looking at my health nature is doing that job for me.

But if my dad weren't here and I were to die it would probably be people on boards like this who noticed I was missing sooner than anywhere else, people who know me directly see me and hear from me so seldomly that by the time they would think to check on me they would probably have found that my body had decomposed or been eaten by my cats. I haven't seen anyone I know face to face outside my dad since Covid began.

Given what you've told us, I think those people wanting to put you in an institution are wanting that for your own safety. They're not trying to be malicious, they just see someone who has to be put away for her own good, and apparently other people's given you wanted to kill someone at one point...when you admitted you were plotting murder, that did change my view on it. Before I thought they were over-reacting to want you put away just for being disabled, but there are some lines which are drawn.

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

@rebeljaffa

I don't want you to worry about me and that was why was reluctant to post any of this at all. I have had these feelings and thoughts constantly for about the last 20 or 25 years and to a lesser degree since I was just four years old, but I haven't really acted on them and don't have any plans to act on them directly. As I said I don't really need to kill myself because looking at my health nature is doing that job for me.

But if my dad weren't here and I were to die it would probably be people on boards like this who noticed I was missing sooner than anywhere else, people who know me directly see me and hear from me so seldomly that by the time they would think to check on me they would probably have found that my body had decomposed or been eaten by my cats. I haven't seen anyone I know face to face outside my dad since Covid began.

Yeah, but there are solutions even though you can't see them.  I didn't mean to over react but if you say these things here, no reasonable person (or even me) is going to be at all comfortable or able to simply pass it by.  

@rebeljaffa

That's why feel like I probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place, this fetish board is not the place to bring your psychological issues, even though ensure any psychologist looking at my postings would say that I have a extreme bathroom fixation that borders on the psychotic LOL.

But don't worry I'm fine, I am always pretty much felt like this, so it's not like I'm going to act on things. If there is one thing that I can say with consistency is that if I ever think about acting on something it will be several months before I even get around to the planning stages. I remember once I was going to watch this DVD and I am like I really want to watch this right away, and it took me six months to get around to doing it, and that was just to watch a DVD that only took me two hours of my time to watch, and was something that I wanted to do. Long story short is I would probably never getting around to acting on my feeling simply because with my procrastination I would end up being elderly before I got around to doing it. Best just let nature take care of it for me, time is the number one killer of us all.

54 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

@rebeljaffa

That's why feel like I probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place, this fetish board is not the place to bring your psychological issues, even though ensure any psychologist looking at my postings would say that I have a extreme bathroom fixation that borders on the psychotic LOL.

But don't worry I'm fine, I am always pretty much felt like this, so it's not like I'm going to act on things. If there is one thing that I can say with consistency is that if I ever think about acting on something it will be several months before I even get around to the planning stages. I remember once I was going to watch this DVD and I am like I really want to watch this right away, and it took me six months to get around to doing it, and that was just to watch a DVD that only took me two hours of my time to watch, and was something that I wanted to do. Long story short is I would probably never getting around to acting on my feeling simply because with my procrastination I would end up being elderly before I got around to doing it. Best just let nature take care of it for me, time is the number one killer of us all.

Take a daily walk at least. They used to call it a constitutional! 😄

If things ever get so bad... Call someone.  Even me. We're thousands of miles apart and you won't go to the shops, so I think I'm safe!!!   It's not that you can't talk about things here, but you really need somebody you can actually talk to, because all we can do is look on helplessly.  

Your physical and mental health might even surprise you. Mine did!  They are also linked...

@DesperateJill Everything that's happened to you is so horrible. Like a lot of us on the spectrum, I can identify with some of this, but everything I've had, you've had ten times more of it. I can't imagine a life that is basically all trauma, while it seems it's been decades since you could imagine one that isn't.

As for school shootings, you don't sound like a murderer to me. You sound like someone who felt like you'd do anything to stop the person who was hurting you, but in the end crossed no lines.

I know it's not to be expected that I or anyone will find anything in a few minutes of Googling that you didn't in almost 40 years, that like many with chronic conditions you probably roll your eyes when people who learned about your situation a day ago are trying to offer advice about what you've been dealing with all your life and with an army of professionals looking at you as well.

BUT... who is searching and how they do it can have an impact. You've had the best assistance you can get from disapproving NTs who cared more about "fixing" you for your dad, and people like them. But... the community of autistics has had to brave the search for those friendly to them, find unusual solutions in unusual places for unusual people. Also, almost all of us have more than only autism. The other conditions you have, mentally and physically, that complicate it... we actually expect something of the sort to be there. 

So... if you haven't given us a try, and even if you have before, let us look? And I mean, share everything you're willing to tell us with every autistic you know and have them do so with their communities as well? 

And short of a magic wand that would make everything easy for you, what would you want, what do you think you need? If money or risking institutionalization wasn't an issue, if it could fall from the sky, what would you need to live the life you want? And did those social workers do anything right? (If even one thing in a million went sorta right, it's a clue!) 

Your hopes aren't up so they can't be dashed; you aren't required to trust us any further than you have already by telling us this, so no worries about broken trust; no harm in letting us try. What do you need? What would you ask of people like yourself if this were the start of the search but you know what you know now?

People say I'm silly for being so optimistic and hopeful whenever I'm in a place for people with situations like yours, but they don't get it. I'm not like this because I can't understand pain, can't understand having tried and failed. I'm like this because hope was what kept me going. It was the light I brought with me when the world offered none.

I wasn't going to mention any of my stuff on this site, even to my neurodivergent friends, some of it even to the one I'm talking to one-on-one now and have discussed things from my "I don't wanna talk about it" list with. I figured vague references to abuse or "X wasn't always easy" were enough to let it be known that my life's not perfect either. But, just so you know who's saying these things to you and what that supposedly dumb, naive, childish, and unrealistic hopefulness of mine is really about:

To me, I wasn't a child who couldn't do anything right and kept losing what things I could do well and had no idea why it was happening, was hated at school and hated at home, and was having agonizing stomach issues and agonizing headaches that no doctor could figure out and no medicine could touch so I'd be like that forever... I was someone with a lot to figure out while I enjoyed what I'd come to know as 'special interests' much later. 20 years later, I wasn't an adult who'd figured out pretty much none of it and was still dealing with all of the above minus school (though I did have some good school experiences growing up. Changed schools a lot; some were awful, some were great for weird people. I think your school days were worse.) and who still had my parents do nothing but become even more enraged their worthless failure of a child who was responsible for all their problems was asking for yet more than what they already resented doing for him when I would beg for any help in finding what was wrong with me, just as it had been since elementary school, and who expected to be on the streets soon, and whose headaches were now so close to constant that about an hour a day each evening was the only time they ever faded, and who now couldn't write stories anymore because though I loved loved LOVED writing and wanted to be a writer since childhood my brain just wouldn't do it one day... I was someone with a lot to figure out in a hurry, who surely could because I got through all that stuff from before, and new special interests! Thinking like that just comes naturally to me, and everything good in my life comes from it, all after decades of failure. And... I find people who are more loved than I've ever been and have everything I ever wished I had but have less of a hopeful, optimistic nature are a lot sadder than me, and people whose lives I can't imagine suffering through but have more of that mentality are a lot happier than me. I forget where I got the quote "happiness is an inside job," and it sounds like a dumb fortune-cookie phrase someone with no problems threw out, but... the evidence is telling me it's accurate.

This week I've been too depressed to get out of bed for the most part. It is crushing. I can't make myself eat. I'm only not crying all the time because back in the day, not letting myself react and let my parents see how much they were hurting me was all I could do to fight the abuse at home, and after years of that my emotions don't show themselves normally even by autistic standards, so I can't cry anymore (as much as I wish I could, because I want to cry for you.) I can't convince myself to try to take care of myself, that I'm worth it, that I deserve to feel any better when others can't even do what I can do to try. And... next week I won't feel this way, even if it'll much longer before I feel good. Of course, I'll be like this again all too soon. But I'll be back out of it again after that. So it's all okay, my weird brain's being a bit annoying. [shrug]

That's how I think, and it's not silly, it's survival.

Don't worry about me. I say all this only so you'll know you're not dealing with a stranger to your problems cheerfully saying you should just go get some help like it hasn't occurred to you, and that I don't say there's always hope because I've never had it look hopeless. I say it so you know just who is telling you that it's never over, and asking you to let the people who know this fight like no others continue to look in unique ways.

I really do think Team Neurodivergent might have more luck than Team Stuff You With Drugs, even if that team tried for a long time, though of course there are no promises.

But, a support system, friendships with people who get you? You're in a thread full of omo-loving autistics. I'm sure we can definitely arrange that. 🙂

Edited by trekkie (see edit history)

I think most of us just want to help everyone else be, I guess "happy" is not the right word, but I know that even though I know I cannot solve anyone else's conundrum(s), problem(s), situation(s), etc. 

I just hope that I can make someone, anyone 's day a little bit better. That's why I come here. I know that when I see a questionnaire like the OP's; the answers everyone gives; and the caring we all share - it makes me glad all of you are there. 

Thanks 🙂 

Are you a person whose libido declined at some point?   If so, do you still find some aspect of holding or peeing enjoyable?

My libido is generally on the high side. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower, but usually very present. Sometimes to my annoyance.

Do you enjoy some aspect of holding or peeing separately from sexual feelings (I do)?

No... For me, without the arousal aspect, holding my pee isn't nearly as pleasurable.

Do you use omorashi as a substitute for sexual pleasure?

I wouldn't exactly say it's a "substitute". More like, it pretty much is my sexual pleasure. For better or for worse.

Some people have a low libido.  If they're comfortable that way, do you consider them OK -- a normal variant within the human range?

Everyone is different, and so is everyone's libido. If there was someone with zero libido, and they felt like they weren't missing out on anything, I don't see how it is a problem for them.

What do you understand "asexual" to mean?

Not experiencing sexual attraction, not having a libido and not missing it or not being interested in having sex with someone else. That means getting aroused doesn't mean someone's not asexual. They may or may not actually like sex despite having no sexual attraction. They may or may not masturbate despite not being interested in having sex with someone else. And they may or may not experience arousal despite not having a libido. The last point may seem like it's impossible, but it's not as unlikely as you think. Arousal is a somewhat automatic response to sexual stimulation from the body, but someone's mind may really not be up to doing anything with that, ever.

Should we count enjoying peeing activities without sexual arousal as within omorashi?

Of course. If someone thinks wetting pants or holding it until you leak is just plain fun, instead of hot, we can't just throw their experiences away, can we? They don't enjoy it any less than people who do get aroused from that. Just differently.

Does a person belong here by virtue of feeling at home and abiding by the site's standards?

If someone joins here and feels at home, they can still become part of the community. They may not enjoy omorashi, but if they connect with other people here despite that, they might just still stick around. I'd say just let them do their thing as long as they don't break any rules, just like everyone else. Gatekeeping non-omorashi fans isn't neccesary here.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, China Girl said:

Not to be insensitive, but a lot of the people here who are asexual seem to suffer from autism or such other mental conditions. Do you think asexuality is linked to those conditions?

I actually want to say something on this. It is true that people with autism are more likely to be GSRM in some way. I've heard two explanations for this. The first explanation is that their brain is wired differently. This different wiring can also affect their sexual orientation in some way. It's not unlikely, given how complicated brains are. It doesn't mean that it will affect it, as is clear by the amount of hetero and cis autistic people, just that it might.

The second explanation is that, as autistic people, they don't entirely fit in with society. They already have something that is different from the "usual" person. With that they're already less likely to follow society's "rules", and more likely to explore other options. This includes gender and sexuality as well. So, people with autism are actually as likely to be non-hetero or non-cis as non-autistic people with this idea; they just explored it more to realise this.

Or maybe it's a bit of both. We'll see where things go as acceptance grows and more research gets done. As someone who has autism myself, I do wonder where this will end up.

37 minutes ago, EmeraldAvalon said:

I actually want to say something on this. It is true that people with autism are more likely to be GSRM in some way. I've heard two explanations for this. The first explanation is that their brain is wired differently. This different wiring can also affect their sexual orientation in some way. It's not unlikely, given how complicated brains are. It doesn't mean that it will affect it, as is clear by the amount of hetero and cis autistic people, just that it might.

The second explanation is that, as autistic people, they don't entirely fit in with society. They already have something that is different from the "usual" person. With that they're already less likely to follow society's "rules", and more likely to explore other options. This includes gender and sexuality as well. So, people with autism are actually as likely to be non-hetero or non-cis as non-autistic people with this idea; they just explored it more to realise this.

Or maybe it's a bit of both. We'll see where things go as acceptance grows and more research gets done. As someone who has autism myself, I do wonder where this will end up.

There are so many more of us here than I thought!

> Are you a person whose libido declined at some point? If so, do you still find some aspect of holding or peeing enjoyable?

I consider myself asexual/hyposexual, never had much of a libido towards sex. Aesthetic & sensual attraction does exists though.

I find holding/wetting/peeing stories and videos enjoyable. As for myself, holding is enjoyable up to a certain point (strong bladder), wetting not really.

> Do you enjoy some aspect of holding or peeing separately from sexual feelings (I do)?

I guess so, that said, personally I often do not mind some sexual content being associated/added.

> Do you use omorashi as a substitute for sexual pleasure?

Not really as a substitute as omorashi is only one fetish, but in a similar way it is there to fill some arousal/pleasure space.

> Some people have a low libido.  If they're comfortable that way, do you consider them OK -- a normal variant within the human range?

Of course.

> What do you understand "asexual" to mean?

Someone with a lack of sexual attraction.

> Should we count enjoying peeing activities without sexual arousal as within omorashi?

Yeah, to me omorashi is mostly a sensual fetish.

> Does a person belong here by virtue of feeling at home and abiding by the site's standards?

By default yeah.

Based on what one psychiatrist told me, "fixing" autism is sort of like fixing skin color.  Imagine a four-year-old European was left with a remote African tribe unfamiliar with us.  The child would soon adapt to the new behavior standards.  But the child's skin color would look odd to the other tribe members.  The tribe doctor might try many things to "fix" the child's color.  The doctor's attempts would be reasonable withing the tribe's body of knowledge.  However, within our body of knowledge, we know nothing would succeed.

Today many psychiatrists have concluded autism is nearly as deeply wired in s skin color.  The preferred treatment is talk therapy aimed at the autistic person accepting accepting self. 

12 hours ago, China Girl said:

The only people I want to "gatekeep" from omorashi are the ones who write at great length to complain that they can't write stories about small children on a lewd fetish website. Everyone else can come in and have fun, whatever enjoyment they get from it.

Since apparently this is going to be an issue after all, if anyone cares, the story I had in mind, wherever it gets posted, if and when I get it finished, is just this: An autistic boy who cannot speak, and has other issues, including bedwetting, is often self-conscious that his little sister is farther ahead of him in many ways. He goes to great lengths to hide his bedwetting from her at the start of the story. When she has her own accident later, he reveals his problem so that she will feel better. She asks why he hid it, and he tells her of his insecurities. It is simply a family bonding story.

As for playing gatekeeper, you have never been shy about your belief that neither asexuals nor the mentally disabled belong here, that what you are here for is the one thing the site exists for, and that anyone who is not here for that is here for the wrong reasons. In this very post I am quoting, you have mentioned another sort of person you disapprove of, and said that everyone else can come in and have fun. That is not your decision to make. Any belief one finds that they cannot proudly stand behind is perhaps one that they should re-examine. 

You and I will probably never approve of the other, any more than you will ever approve of the presence of anyone who has posted in this thread so far. But there is nothing either of us can do about it, and no reason for either of us to try. Let us both enjoy what we enjoy so long as no one is harmed, and simply not respond to each other. (That is my recommendation, though of course, since neither of us is a gatekeeper who can decide who or what belongs here, if you wish to respond, you will. I’ll live.)

For here, now, let us discuss the topic of this thread, or the person who turns out to need our help.

Edited by trekkie (see edit history)

This topic is very fun to read.  It is a conversation i have had but only a few times.   I am a-sexual in the sense that i don't pursue sex.  When i am in  a relationship i have sex but not as much as my partners want and yes i can go at it on command but it just does not motivate me.  Masturbation, for me, is simply a physical release.  That is kind of all.  I am very romantic though while having little desire for actual sex.  I can get my partner off though if asked.  When i am single i miss companionship but not sex, but i miss that part a lot.  Romance is also a kind of roll play to me, not really an all the time thing, but it's the best feeling ever.  Falling in love is heaven on earth but i always know in the back of my head that i am not a very sexual person and so it may lead to disappointment for both of us. 

So maybe i am halfway in between.  I have brain type stuff issues but to be fair it seems most do, if not all.  Having a brain, it seems to me, means you have strengths and weaknesses so it's just a matter of degree and when some doc will "diagnose" you.  Psychiatry is not a hard science, it is based on models, which can be anything they come up with, not that they are not super useful.

When i masturbate i think of pee or look at a few photos (not vids) then my mind takes over and i go from mental fantasy to simply enjoying the feeling then yea.  It's very satisfying and i fall right to sleep.

It's interesting to see not many people distinguish sexual enjoyment and non-sexual enjoyment of pants wetting, referring to both as omorashi. There's arguably a difference between a fascination in certain people, fashion and cars to a lust for certain people, fashion and cars etc., so I reckon there's such a thing as an interest in pants wetting that isn't omorashi.

One who enjoys purposefully wetting in private due to convenience or purposefully wetting in public to shock others isn't necessarily driven by sexual desire, even in the presence of gratification, so it may not count as omorashi. A cartoon episode featuring a character struggling to find the bathroom is not only a known trope, but also usually not omorashi, even if a writer on the episode has the fetish. Somebody who records themselves wetting isn't necessarily into omorashi, though you don't need to be into it to create something with erotic stimulation as the primary focus. Things not originally made with sexual intentions in mind can be repurposed to have them, such as by being distributed on an erotic website, but it can be debated whether it becomes omorashi or not, or always has been due to its eventual fate.

On the other hand, sex that happens to include pee may not count as omorashi either, given that the focus is on the acts of sex. At the end of the day, it's a term used when it feels appropriate to use whether it strictly follows its dictionary definition or not. I mostly use the term for simple convenience, without worrying about the sexual intricacies of the act, and it appears most people do too, though I keep those intricacies in mind to avoid assumptions.

12 hours ago, Stanley79 said:

Based on what one psychiatrist told me, "fixing" autism is sort of like fixing skin color.  Imagine a four-year-old European was left with a remote African tribe unfamiliar with us.  The child would soon adapt to the new behavior standards.  But the child's skin color would look odd to the other tribe members.  The tribe doctor might try many things to "fix" the child's color.  The doctor's attempts would be reasonable withing the tribe's body of knowledge.  However, within our body of knowledge, we know nothing would succeed.

Today many psychiatrists have concluded autism is nearly as deeply wired in s skin color.  The preferred treatment is talk therapy aimed at the autistic person accepting accepting self. 

There are people who do that in South Korea to make themselves white. It's very vain. It sounds like treating autism is harder than that, though.

😄 Many people here darken their skins.  They spend time in sun light, ultraviolet light or use dyes.  Of course we gradually return to our usual color as skin cells die and flake off.  We can't (yet) change the genes suppressing our pigments.

I have nearly all the symptoms Jill mentions.  But mine are much milder.  I had a pharmacy bill I hadn't paid for a couple months.  Every time I thought of it I became so fatigued I had to get into bed before I fell off my chair.  On Wednesday the pharmacy happened to phone me while I was outdoors.  They were not asking for their money.  But the call reminded me of the bill.  Instead of returning home and trying to write a check, I rode a bus to the pharmacy and paid with a card.  What's strange is paying that way didn't bother me at all.  I can't explain it.  A doctor told me the block to doing things rises out of the deprecation rather than directly from autism.  Some days I can't cook.  Other days I enjoy cooking. And so on.

It just occurred to me that any non-autistic  reading this might  think our lives are all horrible. I just want to say that it’s not that it comes with the territory of being different. Rather, growing up in an abusive home sucks. And one part of that that a lot of people don’t realize is that help with being prepared for the future is one more need that can go unmet. Naturally, if you have a disability, so Adulting is hard for you and something you can’t do the same way as others, this part hits harder. My life has been a whole lot better since I’ve been the one running it, even if I still can’t do everything myself.