Sign In

"Line to the restroom" simulator / Bathroom self-control tool

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heyo, I had insomnia this night and I didn't come up with anything better than to code a little omorashi program for myself. Then I thought someone else will find it useful too, so here we are.

!!! UPDATE !!! I added the wildcard feature 🥳 How does it work: - With each person coming out of the bathroom, there's a ~15% chance (1 out of 7 to be precise) that something unexpected

Update!  What's new: - I added some simple CSS, and now it looks much better 🙂   - Rewrote UI to make it more clear and user-friendly - Now you can start it with random set

Posted Images

Great stuff you've got here!

A few comments:

• Tried looking at the code, but I'm not that experienced with javascript (my main language is python)
  • You might wanna add a check for the minimum being greater than the maximum (not a huge deal since most people won't input that, but probably good to have)
  • I don't know if it's on my end, but the sounds are quite a bit too loud. There's probably a method in javascript to adjust the volume of sounds.
  • Also, having multiple different sounds for each event and picking one at random sounds nice. I don't think that should be too hard to implement?

!!! Important update !!!

Since you requested the mobile version 🙃

At first, I wanted to develop iOS / Android apps, but I quickly realized it will require too much time. So, after some thought, I came up with the idea of the website, which is accessible from any device. And guess what, it's already here!

photo_2021-09-25_16-07-40.thumb.jpg.d001caacb0138181ac10d5a8cd00cec8.jpg

Just follow the link below:
https://waiting-in-line-9tjea.ondigitalocean.app/

It seems to be working fine on Android and on the desktop (I would appreciate if you test it too and share your feedback). It works on iOS too, but I couldn't get the audio to work there yet.

One more thing - you cannot lock your screen (put the phone in the 'sleep mode') - it will mess with the app. You can use other apps along with it though.

@KrisAbyss @Varys @TimmyTrihard69 @DesperateToes and anyone else interested, check this out 😉 

Edited by Kanako (see edit history)
On 9/24/2021 at 6:42 AM, ZirconiumPen said:

Great stuff you've got here!

A few comments:

• Tried looking at the code, but I'm not that experienced with javascript (my main language is python)
  • You might wanna add a check for the minimum being greater than the maximum (not a huge deal since most people won't input that, but probably good to have)
  • I don't know if it's on my end, but the sounds are quite a bit too loud. There's probably a method in javascript to adjust the volume of sounds.
  • Also, having multiple different sounds for each event and picking one at random sounds nice. I don't think that should be too hard to implement?

Hi, thanks!

Hah, I wanted to add the check but forgot about it. Will do.

I wanted to make sounds not quieter but muffled (so it would imitate the sound coming from behind the closed door). I'll figure out how to do this later (I hope there's a library for this, because I'm bad at editing). 

I also thought about different sounds, but it was surprisingly hard to find sounds which will satisfy me. Maybe will do that in the future.

!!! UPDATE !!!

I added the wildcard feature 🥳

How does it work:

- With each person coming out of the bathroom, there's a ~15% chance (1 out of 7 to be precise) that something unexpected will come up.

- Currently, there are 3 unexpected events provided by this feature (one of them is chosen randomly if the wildcard is triggered). 2 of them delay the line, the last one is 'fatal' - the bathroom will be closed in the foreseeable future, so you'll have to find another place (start the line again) 😉

The new version is already on the website:

OMG I just tried this out with 22 people in line and I guess it must be for only one toilet but I put between two and 10 minutes for each person and it's been like 12 minutes and there are like 21 people still in line, this is actually reminding me of some lines I have waited in before, this is excruciating! I thought between two and 10 minutes was realistic seeing as some people will take a long time but it seems like a majority of the people are taking the 10 minutes or something!

I have tried it again and my bladder failed.. I'm completely soaking wet right now..

I drank 2 liters and didn't need to go at all when I started it.

I used it with 1 to 2 min per person and 30 people in line.

It took nearly an hour to complete, including an extra event of 10 minutes and my bladder just couldn't handle that extra event 🙂 

It seems my bladder filled up really quickly in that hour 🙂

19 minutes ago, WetDave said:

A nice touch would be a little graphic - just a line of stick-figure people next to a door giving a visual of the length of the line. Even better if you could animate them so one or two are showing signs of desperation!

@Kanako I know you've mentioned this before as being a long plan to include but I'm sure it could work out if you could find an artist. Ask around here or even Pixiv and see if someone will help for free, can't hurt to ask!

I'll be trying this app out today, looking forward to it! Thank you for sharing this with us and continuing to update it! 😀

9 hours ago, Kanako said:

Hi, thanks!

Hah, I wanted to add the check but forgot about it. Will do.

I wanted to make sounds not quieter but muffled (so it would imitate the sound coming from behind the closed door). I'll figure out how to do this later (I hope there's a library for this, because I'm bad at editing). 

I also thought about different sounds, but it was surprisingly hard to find sounds which will satisfy me. Maybe will do that in the future.

Muffled is a good idea. If you plan on editing the audio file directly, what I would do is reduce the amount of high-pitched audio (this is called a low-pass filter). If you have Audacity, there's a built-in filter for it (try messing with the settings - I liked 1500 Hz with a roll-off of 24 dB).

Also, some of the files have extra silence / very quiet audio at the end that you might want to cut off, since I'm pretty sure it's pausing the timer while the audio plays (In particular the flush sound is 20 seconds long).

@WetDave

"A nice touch would be a little graphic - just a line of stick-figure people next to a door giving a visual of the length of the line. Even better if you could animate them so one or two are showing signs of desperation!"

I like this idea as well, and another possibility is that you should be able to select the length of the line, the number of stalls but you should also be able to select whether it's a women's line, a men's line or a unisex line, as that will influence things as the women's room line tends to be a lot longer. If you have it being a men's room line you can also include a large number of urinals as an option just to make the whole thing more realistic.

Or it would be cool if you could have two competing lines where you have maybe a men's room line and a women's room line, and they both go at different paces, which would be fun if you are having people of the opposite sex who wanted to have a holding thing together where they each were only able to go when their bathroom line was finally finished.

I gave this a try yesterday and hit random settings to see how I did. I waited until I was 8/10 before starting to relfect when I would ideally head to the toilet.

6 people in the queue, not bad. First person came out after 9 minutes, then the cleaner came in. Eventually more people went in and out but eventually the drips and leaks started! After 46 minutes and with one person left in front of me I finally lost control!

Definitely doing this again, a fantastic app! I'd love to see whether there's a way in which more than one person could try this at the same time as another (syncing settings) so you have to make the decision between yourselves about who goes first!

@DesperateJill @holdinggirl94 You guys are hardcore! I never thought someone would launch it with more than 10 people in the line 😅 Glad you liked it, thanks for sharing!

@WetDave @fluidlikewater Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm really happy you liked it 🥰 I will work on some visuals, but won't promise it to be delivered soon.

23 hours ago, fluidlikewater said:

I'd love to see whether there's a way in which more than one person could try this at the same time as another (syncing settings) so you have to make the decision between yourselves about who goes first!

I'm contemplating this idea for a couple of weeks now. In my imagination it could be a really cool project, but I need to estimate whether I'm capable of this. It's much more complicated than the current app 🙂

@ZirconiumPen Thanks a lot, it was very valuable. I'll experiment with editing soon. Also, extra silence is there as intended 🙂

It is more realistic in my view. When someone flushes the toilet and washes hands, they do not free the bathroom immediately. There's usually a delay which makes you suffer while you wait outside hearing all this 😛

It also doesn't pause the timer. If a person takes a minute in the bathroom, the sound will start at 37 seconds (and the total time would be exactly one minute). If a person takes 2 minutes, the sound will start at 1:37 and so on. I suffered with the timing a lot. Learned a lot about the asynchronous javascript along with it 😅

18 hours ago, Angusburger said:

How are people using this app? Like what are you doing while waiting or just standing in front of the bathroom or are you watching videos etc? Whats the worst clothing you wear when you are desperate to make it even harder?

At first I'm doing whatever else (usually just casually browsing the web). At the late stage I hold it near the bathroom to make it more realistic 🙂

I think the worst clothing would be something with the belt, like jeans. But I usually don't go that far, because I'm too lazy to wash heavy clothing afterwards.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, Kanako said:

!!! UPDATE !!!

I added the wildcard feature 🥳

How does it work:

- With each person coming out of the bathroom, there's a ~15% chance (1 out of 7 to be precise) that something unexpected will come up.

- Currently, there are 3 unexpected events provided by this feature (one of them is chosen randomly if the wildcard is triggered). 2 of them delay the line, the last one is 'fatal' - the bathroom will be closed in the foreseeable future, so you'll have to find another place (start the line again) 😉

The new version is already on the website:

This fatal wildcard feature meant I had an accident...

20 hours ago, Angusburger said:

How are people using this app? Like what are you doing while waiting or just standing in front of the bathroom or are you watching videos etc? Whats the worst clothing you wear when you are desperate to make it even harder?

For my try the other evening I was doing the same as @Kanako until I got to 8/10, which is when I would normally go. I hit random and spent the rest of the time stood pretending I was in the line. I just had my pajamas on for this attempt.

You know your own body better than anyone, so you should do and wear whatever you feel works best for you (or provides the most enjoyment!).

Guys and gals, one more thing.

!!! ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

Since I host it on the web, it costs me a bit on a monthly basis. It's not drastic, but I'm still motivated to find a way of reducing the cost 🙂

After some thought, I came up with the idea of Patreon. If you liked this project and want to:

• Secure app's hosting and / or just support the project in general

• Motivate me to further develop it

• Enjoy some perks (I have some ideas in this regard, but we'll discuss this later)

Please consider supporting the project here:
https://www.patreon.com/omoapps

Any donation is super helpful and is greatly appreciated! No pressure though 🙂 ❤️ ✌️

@Kanako

"You guys are hardcore! I never thought someone would launch it with more than 10 people in the line 😅 Glad you liked it, thanks for sharing!"

I thought even if it were only for one stall that a line would go relatively fast but I have put like maybe just like 10 or 20 people in line and taken over an hour just to get through the line! But I have noticed that if you don't click acknowledgment right away of the fact that somebody left the bathroom that it seems like it pauses everything for a while so I'm thinking that if you don't constantly interact with that it ends up not registering for a while. I've been in lines with 10 or 20 people but it usually doesn't take a full hour like that!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just used it again 🙂

This morning I've had around 2 liters of water to drink and decided it would be a good idea to start shopping for an hour (I already knew I couldn't hold it a lot longer than that), at a place where no toilets were.

I can tell you all I had to go pretty badly at the last store after around 45 minutes, so I decided to get back home earlier than planned. I still had a car ride for 20 minutes, so I can tell you all that I had to grap myself a LOT! I couldn't keep my legs still, but I've managed to get home dry (well I was a little wet, I'm always leaking a little bit when my bladder is full, but that wasn't too much). 

So when I got home I thought, why not start this app again 🙂 

I have started it with 7 people and 1-4 minutes. It was hard. There was also someone getting in line that took extra long and I was getting wetter and wetter is what I can tell you, but I kept walking around in my bathroom and with a lot of shaking, leg crossing and grabbing myself, this time I managed to hold it until the end. It was awesome 🙂 

Measured the amount of pee; 1.2 liters 🙂