Sign In

Quadruple runner wetting?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Jessica Hull fan (for omo reasons) I was pretty stoked to see her make the Olympics and run in her usual style! But it also got me looking through photos of other races, just out of curiosity. I'

First, 1982 the women’s Ironman triathlon the woman , Julie Moss, who had a lead of over a mile in the marathon leg peed her pants then pooped her pants as she started to collapse.  She got on her kne

Good thing with triathlon is you start with the swimming, so you´re already wet. I´vea also heard that it´s common that people just pee where they are during longer races.  I´m definitely not an athle

Posted Images

1 hour ago, peelion said:

c'est vrai que c'est une sacrée force de caractère pour resté digne malgré l'accident ! 

It's true that it takes a lot of strength of character to remain dignified despite the accident!

Yes, that is awesome. Being so dignified with diarrhea running down my legs in front of the whole world as if I didn’t care at all... I never could! And since struggling with all your might to hold it and winning a race are things you probably can’t do at the same time, she probably just let it happen when it got bad enough that it was  a choice between doing her best to either hold or run.

XD j'aime bien l'idée du caca de la victoire 😂

(😖j'aurai été mort de honte je me serai pas arrêté a la ligne d'arrivé j'aurai continué de courir jusqu'au toilette ou vestiaire)

XD I like the idea of the poo victory😂

(😖I would have been ashamed of myself if I hadn't stopped at the finish line, I would have kept running until the toilet or the changing room)

Guest superdarkens
On 8/15/2021 at 7:40 AM, Stanley79 said:

Using <curves> in Gimp or <gamma> in other image-processing software changes the appearance.  But it does not move the dark area.  So the dark area seems to not be a shadow (at least not gradual shading made sharp by digital transmission).

ScholarTeamoftheYear.thumb.png.93c32ccfeff7b1f43cfe324d25cce257.png

Yeah I think the sweat v pee debate is dull. It must be pee as it’s so likely you’d pee when distance running. What I don’t get is how they stand there smiling having their pictures taken with big pee stains on their pants. I love it but surely they’d like a change or something. Good for them though. They’re gorgeous 

16 hours ago, China Girl said:

She really dumped in her shorts! In her position I'd be glad I won, and also feel naughty about having an accident in public like that.

Or maybe she enjoyed it 😉

I think this is almost certainly pee. They don’t seem at all bothered by it so I guess that:

1. It happens from time to time, they are used to it happening or at least have seen others wet sometimes during running, and,

2.  The enjoyment and achievement of winning completely outweighs the relatively minor embarrassment of wetting, and,

3. Competing at the very top levels in anything means putting that thing ahead of everything else in your life and giving it your total dedication. Compared with that wetting yourself must seem a pretty trivial thing.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, China Girl said:

To be honest I find it annoying when guys judge us for peeing ourselves from exertion...it doesn't matter if it's only 50 seconds if we're pushing our body to the limits. Sometimes our bladders just let go.

I filled my panties with poo recently while lifting, though admittedly I had to poo before and put it off, so it served me right.

I once did a numer 2 in my pants in the gym after doing squats. I knew I needed to go but decided I should be able to hold it until the end of my session. I'd just done my last squat when I decided I'd better go anyway so headed for the changing rooms. Got about halfway up the stairs when I could hold it no longer. I should have gone earlier so again, served me right.

• 2 months later...

Yes, women xcountry and middle distance runners often wet themselves. There's a thread here about Jessica Hull who pretty much wets herself every single race. (If the Olympics this year hadn't been a ratings wasteland, she'd have been this decade's Michelle Jenneke for her million-watt smile alone, but alas no one was paying attention.) I think there's another thread that shows some of the top runners from the University of Arkansas have a frequent habit of wetting themselves during middle distance runs. The perennial Scottish runner Laura Muir often ends her races wet. Here's Shelby Houlihan clearly having a moment as she wins the Women's 1500 in Albuquerque in Feb 2020:
gettyimages-1206535891-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.893479b3c0a969d49b7eb1e99162fb18.jpg 

(It's a shame about that pork burrito that apparently destroyed her career.)

As for the BYU team, yeah, I am not sure you can claim this is sweat:

gettyimages-1231737766-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.6f6fc71d83e3f5413d4d65ea6bf7df55.jpg

gettyimages-1231737957-2048x2048.jpg.3479614a6727f85c61e8529d8f56a96d.thumb.jpg.aa3ebf84c0bb3ef95ad944730fedd797.jpg

Five of the seven team members are clearly soaked. That was from when they won the DI Women's Cross Country championship in Oklahoma back in March of this year. A runner from their team just won the Women's 6K event in Tallahassee this morning, and she is clearly wet as she crosses the finish line. The winning team from NC State also had at least one wet runner. You can find post-race interview videos up on YouTube. If the media coverage from NCAA.com and FloTrack ever gets into the 21st century with at least 1080p AND 60fps, it might be possible to see it happen live without wondering if those are really just digital artifacts.

I've got a folder with over 400 pictures of runners who are clearly wet; a lot of them are the Arkansas girls and Jessica Hull, but there are plenty of others to be found if you have the patience to review Getty, Alamy, Flickr, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, various school's athletics pages, and several impossible-to-navigate running blogs like letsrun.com and runblogrun. 

Edited by GSS..GS
fixed one of the pictures (see edit history)
6 hours ago, Bismiris said:

Wait, what happened?

She received a four-year suspension just before she was set to compete in the Olympic qualifiers this summer for failing a drug test back in January, which she blamed on a pork burrito she said she bought from a food truck near her house ten hours before her drug test. She claimed the pork must have been tainted with offal, but her ban was upheld by the Court of Arbitration for Sport after they determined the supplier of the meat to the food truck doesn't sell offal, doesn't even butcher or trade in the type of pig that would have produced the necessary offal, and that she couldn't have eaten a sufficient amount anyway to cause the concentration of the steroid found in the test. Unless her appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal is successful, she'll be banned until January of 2025, just long enough to keep her from competing in the next Olympics as well. 

I might have been inclined to believe her, if she hadn't shown that she had, in fact, ordered a carne asada (aka steak) burrito. So not only was this burrito apparently tainted with a lot of offal that wouldn't have likely been in the food chain in the first place, but it was tainted with offal from an animal that wouldn't have even been in the burrito she ordered. As the CAS said, "[her] explanation presupposes a cascade of factual and scientific improbabilities, which means that its composite probability is (very) close to zero."

Yeah to echo @GSS..GS I first noticed back in 2019 a ton of Arkansas runners peed, a couple just as often as Jessica Hull. It seems every team has someone, especially in XC which makes sense given the distance, but it's rarer in track and somehow Arkansas and Hull both seem to pee regularly in track as well.

And yes, congratulations in order to the individual winner of the NCAA women's 6K:

runner-whittni-orton-finishes-in-first-place-during-the-division-i-picture-id1236696139?s=2048x2048

It's interesting that the team champions, NC State, only had one visibly wet person. I wonder why some teams have more wettings than others, but I also wonder if there's protection out there. I know gymnasts say they regularly leak during the floor routine but it sounds like wearing pads is a norm in that sport. One college gymnast even tweeted about it.

Honestly our interest aside it's just a great insight into how hard these athletes push themselves.

Though speaking of our interest, P.S. @GSS..GS if you're able to, willing, and feeling generous, I'm sure we'd all appreciate a chance seeing that collection uploaded or shared... no pressure though. It's your collection. I don't even know if it's allowed here.

Edited by herrokitty (see edit history)