Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is It Better to Have a Small Bladder but Where It Doesn't Matter Because You Always Can Pee When You Want, or Have a Really Large Bladder but You Really Need It?

This is something that has come up a lot since I got my job where I had to hold it for hours at a time. A lot of people console me with the following platitude "just think of how big your bladder is going to be and how big it has already gotten?!" People keep telling me this is a good thing because it's going to mean I have a gargantuan bladder of steel and can hold for hours and hours. And while I agree that that is a good thing I can hold more, I am also thinking it's kind of frustrating that I actually need to develop a gargantuan bladder of steel just to deal with and cope with the situation. I mean I'm glad that my bladder strength has grown, and I am proud of the fact that I was able to hold during all of this, but at the same time I would rather not have to need to develop such a huge bladder to deal with the situation! Before this I was quite comfortable peeing often and frequently whenever I needed to even if it didn't develop much bladder strength.

This sort of makes me think of this cartoon I saw which showed an uptight man dressed in a suit looking at a hippie and saying what a dirty filthy hip because he was rolling around naked in the mud, yet the man subconsciously wished that he could be rolling around naked in the mud and that it was just jealousy.

And I think of that in regards to my situation, maybe I have developed more of an attitude of bladder snobbery, where I am now holding it all the time and looking down more on those of lesser bladder strength, but what I am really thinking is I would like to be able to pee like all of the other ladies! As I am sitting there strongly holding it all day long with my legs tightly crossed and priding myself on my bladder strength at the same time I can't stop thinking about all of those women who don't have to stretch out their bladders just to get through the day. They have that luxury.

So yes I have developed a great deal more bladder strength and I can now stoically hold a very full bladder for a very long time and still go about my business, but it really really frustrates me that I have had to do that! It's good that I have a larger bladder but it's frustrating that I'm in a situation where I have needed to develop one.

So my question here for everyone is would you rather have a smaller bladder but where you are pretty much always guaranteed to have a bathroom when you need one, or would you rather have extreme bladder strength but where you are regularly forced to hold it to incredibly uncomfortable levels on a regular basis?

At first sight, it would be logical for me to choose the large bladder. As a small bladder, I would find it heaven not having to use the bathroom so frequently. But when you add the condition that I would have to hold to uncomfortable levels regularly, this changes. Holding to such levels is the most stressing for me, as I cannot concentrate on a thing anymore. And I don't know if that would change with a large bladder - guess that is more a thing that would change with holding regularly.

So guess I will keep my small bladder and regular toilet access. Doing safety pees regularly, so I feel comfortable and concentrated all the time.

Although a place a little note, as I find the "almost always guaranteed" is formulated quite positive. The trouble with such a small bladder an regular toilet visits, is that those few times you cannot go can have heavy consequences. Because the need rises so quickly with a small capacity, there is much much more risk for having an accident. While the large bladder may be very uncomfortable, this will result in a long uncomfortable wait, but probably not long enough to enforce an accident.

I think the idea of having a small bladder and getting to experience the feeling of peeing more frequently is nice, 

But I’m with everyone else.

Even if I don’t need to, I’d rather have a huge bladder that becomes uncomfortable. I’m working on this now, actually. I’ve always been a pretty good holder, but I want to train my bladder to be good at holding in an uncomfortably full bladder for longer. (Within reason and safety boundaries)

@DespLoveDennis

"But when you add the condition that I would have to hold to uncomfortable levels regularly, this changes. Holding to such levels is the most stressing for me, as I cannot concentrate on a thing anymore. And I don't know if that would change with a large bladder - guess that is more a thing that would change with holding regularly."

I think everyone is different as we know that there are some people who can just ignore a very full bladder. Although I can now hold a lot longer than I used to I still spend that entire time thinking when I'm I going to get to take a freaking piss already! That is why I feel like a small bladder with more frequent access to a bathroom is more tolerable. So yes because now I can hold a lot longer the fact that I have to it is still extremely frustrating because during that entire time you really feel the fact that you have to go. Just because you hold it doesn't mean that it's comfortable or easy or that you can just ignore it. No, I spend probably about half the day just thinking about how badly I need a piss as I hold on.