Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The Irony of How I Became More Social with a Full Bladder during Covid Than I Had at Any Point Previous in My Life

I was just chatting with somebody about my job where I frequently don't have access to a bathroom all day and something rather interesting and somewhat ironic sort of just occurred to me just now that I thought was worth sharing.

Even before Covid I was a person who was very much nonsocial and rarely ever socialized or anything like that, so although I missed seeing my family and friends occasionally during Covid, it wasn't really a big adjustment for me in that regard seeing as I am sort of used to practicing social distancing before it was even the norm.

Then of course I got my job during Covid which ended up closing down most of the outdoor bathrooms that I would come to rely upon. This is something I have mentioned numerous times but something interesting just occurred to me now, as a result of that the vast overwhelming majority of my interaction with other people in the past year has been done with a bladder that was achingly full to bursting!
This was something I hadn't really thought about up until now, but because of my job I was actually outdoors and interacting with more people than at any point in my life, which is ironic again because of Covid and everything like that. But in the process of visiting all of these parks and beaches and other places during Covid, I have found myself ending up getting into conversations with strangers or interacting with people I otherwise wouldn't have been interacting with as a result of that more than at any other point in my entire life.

And here's the kicker that I never thought would happen, the fact is that while I was interacting with all of these men and women, people from all different stratas of life, there was one single factor that was in common, almost in every instance where I was interacting with these people my bladder was full, full to nearly bursting. So the entire time I was interacting with all of these people I was also trying to hide the fact that I was absolutely dying for a piss! In a couple of cases I opened up to these people about my situation which they found to varying degrees interesting, terrible or humorous depending on the individual.

There is also another factor about my interaction with all of these other people that I was having when my bladder was often painfully full and my legs were crossed, or I was leaning against a building or a tree trying to take the pressure off of my bursting bladder. Although some of them were looking for a bathroom and were in need themselves, the vast majority of people that I was interacting with either didn't have to go to the bathroom, or when they were done interacting with me were able to leave and go find themselves a bathroom elsewhere and relieve themselves.

And I was just thinking about all that now and I just find it so ironic that a person like me who is socially awkward, who finds one of the most difficult things in the world to interact with people socially, let alone with a full bladder, let alone when their bladders are empty or about to be emptied, had had more social interaction with people than ever before while we were in this situation of me having to pee and them not having to pee.

So yeah with great irony I have found that having a painfully full bladder has made me more social than ever before and I have had more interactions in person with people with a full bladder this year than not. A situation that I found the most intimidating thing in the world and yet somehow I managed to do it, and I managed to do it while sort of smiling and being polite about it as well, which I never thought in 1 million years would be humanly possible under those circumstances. There I was having all of these conversations with all of these different people while standing or sitting with my legs crossed and squirming around, maybe it just makes you more animated or more open to interaction, but there was something about being in that situation that ended up bringing me into more contact with people than ever before.

So yeah there's something about a full bladder that can sometimes open you up socially to other people and maybe make them more interested in you. So if you are having trouble socializing go out with a full bladder in a place where you aren't going to be able to find a bathroom soon and things might just surprise you!

One other ironic kicker about the whole thing, about this last year and my social interaction with people is also online. Prior to having my job where I had to hold it all day I had been in communication with a whole bunch of women who had been in that situation themselves, much to my great amusement, and this year I have been interacting with them more than ever before. The real kicker though, almost every single one of them down to the last woman is now in a situation where she has a bathroom and I am the one stuck with my legs crossed.
So once again there is something to be said for a full bladder, it really makes your social interactions with other a lot more interesting and way more complicated. So I will say that. I don't know if anyone here can relate to that, but it was just an interesting thought that I felt I had to share.

@Nyann

I always wanted to have an Asian coworker that I would see desperate so for her to take advantage of me being desperate would be somewhat ironic I suppose wouldn't it?

You are right that misery loves company though and one of the interesting things of socializing with a full bladder is when you encounter other people who are in a similar state of bathroom distress it makes you feel a lot less alone in your situation. However when they can just leave to go find a bathroom or relieve themselves that sort of destroys that feeling of solidarity and just leaves you frustrated, such as that situation where I encountered the woman in the park who went home and went to the bathroom and then came back later and I interacted with her thinking that she went home and got to go to the bathroom and there I was still waiting.

@WBxx

I found that article really interesting and I agree that when you have shared a painful experience together it does sort of create a bond, and a painfully full bladder I suppose is one of those experiences that can bring people together.

In fact looking at this whole situation after a year of this compared to the way I was a year before once again I will have to say that the experience has been extremely humbling. It's ironic that for most of my life before this I was at home all the time alone where I always had a bathroom, and the first time I was really getting out in the world and interacting with people was in a situation of bathrooms being closed like never before, so it does almost feel like again that the universe was teaching me a lesson.

Prior to this experience I was in my ivory tower and I was sort of laughing at women in a situation where they couldn't pee all day, and now I have basically been on the front lines and experienced it myself and interacting with all of these other men and women (well mostly women...) who were also desperately seeking bathrooms, so again it's a very humbling experience to find yourself dealing with this situation that I once found amusing from a safe distance.

So yeah the last year has seen me basically experiencing what millions are experiencing in that I otherwise would have been spared under Covid, basically knowing what it's like to be out in public and not to be able to access a bathroom because of circumstances beyond your control, and I have met numerous people in similar circumstances like that and now I am one of those people who has shared that experience and can look at it from that perspective.

I have learned what it was like to be social and to be professional while holding a very full bladder and learn how to socialize with people in that awkward position. I have become one of the women without bathrooms and now feel that I am in that club permanently.

However there are two things where I admit I might have not learned my lesson fully. For the one thing with my job probably ending again for a while in the summer, even though it may come back in several months, I feel like I will still go back to enjoying other women in situations where they are suffering bladder pain and I am not because I just still can't help but enjoy that.

And the other thing is that once again while I have felt some solidarity and bonding in the painful experience of having to do without bathrooms when I really need one for the first time and repeatedly, the sad truth of the matter is that most of the women I knew were part of that club of women without bathroom access have basically joined the women with excellent bathroom access club, while I have found myself more alone in the women without bathroom access club. Again I can sort of share a distant bond with those women who used to be in this situation since we have now been through the same thing, but the difference is that they are now free from it while I am continuing to experience it and that is still quite frustrating.

But yeah even if I haven't fully learned my lesson it has still been a very humbling experience and a bonding experience with other women who were in this situation once you have experienced it firsthand. And based on everything I have experienced I still fear that the universe is going to say in a couple of months, sorry Jill we're not done with you yet, your membership in this club, unfortunately, is permanent, so get used to it. Crossing my fingers that I won't be crossing my legs for much longer though!