Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bedwetting  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What did you or your family try to get you to stop wetting the bed?

• Diapers
    • Goodnites/Pullups
    • Bedwetting alarm
    • Alarms at specific times
    • Drinking no fluids past a certain time
    • Making sure to pee before bed
    • Medication
    • Underwear under diapers
    • Hanging wet sheets out to dry
    • Bedwetting chart
  2. 2. How old were you when you stopped wetting your bed?

• 0-4
    • 4-8
    • 9-12
    • 18+

On 8/12/2021 at 12:02 AM, DiaperedGuy said:

I rarely wet the bed growing up. As an adult I have occasional pee dreams and sometimes end up peeing for real in my sleep or waking up as I’m peeing or right after.  I sometimes wonder if it is because I like omo and wearing diapers that I have these dreams. 

I would be willing to bet that you have those dreams because you are into omo. The reason being is because I do too! I haven’t wet the bed accidentally since I was a young kid. But as an adult I have wet the bed or woke up while wetting the bed after/while having a dream about wetting a diaper or my pants. I have never just woken up wet for no reason. 

ça parait logique que les nuit soit plus humide pour nous qui avons ce genre de "penser" mais personnellement je n'ai pas  remouillé mon lit depuis l'enfance même si j'ai ce 🤔 et que le bedwetting  et quel que chose que j'adore😊

It seems logical that the nights are wetter for us who have this kind of "thinking" but personally I haven't rewetted my bed since childhood even though I have this and bedwetting is something I love

I guess I should throw my story out there, though it's not too dramatic. My sheets were perfectly dry at night when I was little, but one night, around middle school, I had a dream where I was standing on my knees in front of the toilet trying to pee, but somehow it was too high. Then I woke up and I was kneeling in front of the corner of my bed, holding my pajamas as if they were open pants, and peeing in them, getting it on my hands, the corner of the bed, and the floor. Upon further review, the middle of the bed was very wet, so before I apparently got up and went around to the corner of the bed my sleepwalking mind mistook for the toilet, I must have let out quite a bit.

Even with my long-established obsession with wetting, it was scary. My parents were... not exactly wonderful to grow up with under the best of circumstances, so if this became a chronic thing, I didn't know what would happen. It did continue, but thankfully infrequently enough that I was always able to dispose of the evidence. I'd rinse off the wet sheets and hide them when I had to go to school, and spread them out to dry when I could be home, and deal with the mattress by just getting a soapy washcloth and scrubbing it until there was no sign of wetness. If I was sure I wouldn't be able to do that, I'd still rinse the sheets (so they wouldn't smell like pee) and then soak one side of another article of clothing in the sink and put it in the laundry with the sheets. It'd seem that the wet clothing got the sheet wet along with whatever else was near it.

If they ever learned about my problem, it was never mentioned.

Life got SO much easier once they got a washing machine and dryer. And once I got older, I was able to buy a waterproof mattress cover of the sort that I still use now (I'd say it protects the mattress from sweat) and sheets that looked like ones I already had so if I didn't want bedclothes to be in the washing machine once too often that week, I could hide them for a while and still keep the bed looking the same so no questions were asked.

Man, I had to be so devious about it.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, bedwetting up to 14 years old then accidents from time to time afterwards and resumption during the first confinement (I live in France) even if there is better now.

Diapers almost nightly up to age 14, Drynites (the name of the Goodnites here) for nights away from home, and diapers at home. I got by on my own from 10/11 years old.

To try to stop,

Hypnosis
Diapers
Goodnites / Pullups
Bedwetting alarm
Alarms at specific times
Drinking no fluids past a certain time
Making sure to pee before bed
Medication
Bedwetting chart

I notice that the methods in France are similar to your methods

• 4 weeks later...

I was around nine or ten when I (at least mostly) stopped. I actually didn’t know that I had much of a bed wetting problem until after the fact, because my mother would have me sleep in pajamas with feet with a zipper on the front and put a diaper (I’m told that Pampers still fit because I was very small for my age) on me when I was either asleep or too tired to notice. I would be changed in the morning when I was either asleep or half-asleep. If I ever noticed anything in my half-asleep state I probably just assumed that I had a strange dream shortly before waking up.

I only recently learned just how severe my bed-wetting problem was when my father told me that he bought my first computer about two years later than he otherwise would have been able to due to diaper-related expenses. I was told in the last year (when the subject of my childhood in the eight to ten year-old range came up in a phone conversation) that they had at least two thousand dollars in extra diaper-related expenses due to how frequently I would wet. Since this was back in the 80s and there has been a lot of inflation since then it is possible that my daytime issues were also worse than I remember. I know I was (at least somewhat) trained by grade school because I have several memories of using the urinal in the boys room and those plastic squares of toilet paper that they use in the stalls and the brown paper towels in the towel dispenser by the sinks. I seem to remember the boys room in grades one through five having at least three or four sinks (but probably not more than five). I think there were probably four of them.

Also, why isn’t there a 13-17 option for people that might have stopped in that age range? One of my relatives told me that he stopped at about thirteen when puberty hit, so that seems to be something that occasionally happens.

Edited by RDFan2020 (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I grew up a chronic nightly bedwetter. It never bothered me at all. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I never made any effort to become dry at night. In fact just the opposite often peeing deliberately if I woke in the night. My folks tried everything to get me dry at night but eventually just gave up and more or less accepted I would always wet the bed. I finally became dry at night in my early 20's

Edited by Wetshisbed (see edit history)

I remember my ex telling me once, that the fetishes develop from some kind of childhood trauma, and I remember thinking at the time: "f**k you! I had a good childhood!". But now I'm starting to think that maybe there's something to it.

I was wetting the bed until I was about 9-11, and while I remember my parents being pretty supportive about it, I think it still left me with some issues. I was trying to hide it, but I was absolutely terrible at hiding evidence as a child. If my parents saw that the bed was made, and not messy, they knew I had an accident.

I stopped when I started going to the bathroom right before going to sleep. I mean at first it was still happening, but it was less, and less frequent. And to this day I am not able to fall asleep if there's even a tiniest pressure in my bladder. Even a tiniest amount of pee makes me feel desperate if I'm in bed. And that's why I think I might be actually struggling with some trauma about my bed wetting as a child, but... I'm fine with it 😊

Even if there are some funny situations because of it, like cuddling in bed with my partner until we fall asleep, only for me to jump out of bed, like I'm on fire, and rushing to the bathroom 😋

Also I don't know if it's connected (probably is), but it's really hard for me to have an accident. Even on purpose. I really need to focus to pee myself, no matter how desperate I am. Couple of times I even had to pull my underwear down, to "feel the breeze", and start peeing before I would be able to pee myself. For a "normal" person it would probably be a very useful skill, but for me... it's annoying.

I was a chronic bedwetter growing up with it being just about every night through elementary school.  then 3-4 nights a week in middle school and I was still peeing my bed 1-2/3 nights a week in high school.  In college it was more like once a week or less and even now at 33 I bedwet a few times a month still.

My dad was not around so it was just mom and me.  She was kool about it and never punished or shamed me for my bedwetting.  I had a waterproof mattress cover on my bed and a bedwetter pad to sleep on.  

We tried all the usual things like limiting fluids, keeping a bedwetting calendar, bedwetting alarms, GoodNites to us on sleepovers and bedwetting medicine.  Some worked kinda but nothing ever seemed to stick and end my bedwetting for good.