Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Looking for ideas for a text-based game I'm making

Hello all,

I'm currently developing a text-based game in the Quest 5 engine after growing uncomfortable with some of the age-based components in a similar game. (To elaborate: the game, which was furry-based, took place at a daycare. The other residents of the daycare were children (!!). You may already know which game I'm talking about.)

In that particular game, I really liked the fact that there was a 'companion' who would do things like check your underwear (and put you in diapers if you wet/messed your underwear), change your diaper, and otherwise enhance your experience of the game, including by providing commentary when you used the regular toilet while having a wet/messy diaper. The embarrassment played a large part in users' enjoyment of that game, and thus I'd like to incorporate that aspect into my own game.

The only problem is, how would I go about incorporating that component (embarrassment as a mechanic, perpetuated by a traveling companion) into a game which DOESN'T take place in a day care, but someplace else? Perhaps the ghost of some other individual who perished in the labyrinth/dungeon/setting? (I'm not married to the idea of having the game take place in a 'dungeon' environment, either. Feel free to suggest ideas related to that, as well!)

I'll be honest here- I know that fetish games, ESPECIALLY games being made by one person, tend to die off and disappear because the person creating them loses interest. However, I'm creating this game for myself as well as others, so I'm motivated to create a game that both plays well as a game and works well as fetish material.

Thanks for reading.

To be clear, I'm not asking how to implement a companion mechanically (i.e., what you're suggesting- putting it into the game). I'm looking for creative suggestions for the setting of the game with regards to how, exactly, you came to have this companion following you. Like... are they a ghost of someone who died in the labyrinth? Someone else trying to escape the dungeon? (Both are options I considered, but the companion would have to have some in-universe reason for wanting to embarrass you, change you, etc., so it wouldn't work.)

Ah. Perhaps a mischievious friend who likes to tease the protagonist? I'm reminded of a character a friend of mine made for a D&Desque game who would take every opportunity to look up my character's skirt because successfully performing "voyeuristic actions" gave his character an initiative boost. shrug

Perhaps that could be how an accident is discovered?

On 8/4/2021 at 5:42 PM, DiaperedBoy52 said:

will it have sexual activities? 

I'm not sure yet. I'm considering putting masturbation into the game, but I'm not sure I'll be putting in activities where the PC interacts with the companion.

What might work here, actually, would be having the companion be like your imaginary friend. Then they could be conveniently absent while you're engaging in sexual activities with NPCs- out of mind, out of sight, in a way.

The embarrassment value could be raised by the enemies seeing and mocking you (possibly lowering their defense or something) and it temporarily affecting your stats, I think that doing it something like this opens up the possibility for the player to trade-off a bit of stats for dealing with a enemy more easily. Makes sense?

Edited by GermanShepherd (see edit history)