Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Tried to pee in a dream

I don't remember the whole thing. What I do remember is stanind in front of a sink in a hotel wearing a blouse and panties.  I was standing on a towell.  I kept trying to relax and start peeing but I couldn't.  There was a friend there tell me not to make a mess and was told her it would be easy to clean up.  Then I woke up and had to get up and go pee. Do you think that if I wet in the dream I would have wet the bed, and that's why I couldn't pee in the dream?

I often have these types of dreams. The settings vary, but I'm always searching for somewhere to pee, and there never seems to be a toilet that's available, for whatever reason. I don't remember having any desperation-type feelings in these dreams, but I am pretty persistent about finding a place to pee. I never find one, and invariably find somewhere "inappropriate" to relieve myself, like in a bathtub, or behind a door in a crowded room. Never outside, always inside. Also, I rarely seem to take my clothes off to pee in these "inappropriate" places. 

There's usually a bunch of other people around me (strangers), but I feel no shame in the dream. I  often start to pee/wet myself, and my dream self can feel the pee flowing, but I never get any relief. Frustrated, I then up the ante and get even more determined to relieve myself, and that is where my brain always wakes me up, mid-flow, so to speak.

I am always dry when I wake up, however. (I have never accidentally wet the bed that I can recall.) I always have to pee when I get up, but never urgently, and I never feel on the verge of wetting myself. I just get up and use the bathroom before I go back to sleep. This happens maybe once a month or maybe every other month?

To speak of my own experience as i have peed in few times in my dream and never actually wet the bed..atleast with pee, almost every time when i pee usually cum in my pants and woke up immediately. Then need to shover and change, dont know what could happen to female if she pees in her dream. Interesting thing indeed.

Edited by WillinglyWet (see edit history)

A few weeks ago my ex drank a bunch before going to bed, because he was going to hold it for me and usually he doesn't have to pee that bad in the morning. So.. We hoped this would work and we wouldn't have to get him full in the morning, with usually takes a while. However, he woke up at 3:30 AM needing to pee pretty bad. First he tried to keep holding it and go back to sleep, but after dreaming twice about needing to pee really bad, he needed to go in order to be able to get some more sleep that night. In his dreams he found a place to pee, but woke up before he did. We thought that maybe if he didn't wake up and he would pee in his dream, he would actually wet the bed. Didn't try it out though. 

I've had those sorts of dreams, the searching for a toilet type. Never found one and never woke up wet after one of those dreams.

The only time that I bedwet as an adult - after drinking - I don't remember any dream.

Interestingly twice I've dreamt of witnessing a girl wet herself. One time a bus was involved, Wish it was easier to control dreams.

I do think it's possible that your brain was preventing you from going in your dream because it was also preventing you from going in your bed, that you were pushing those muscles for real.

As for me, I've had that happen a few times, but usually I can totally, easily pee in a dream (and it does often end in me waking up wet. Not always, but often.)

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, PattyWets said:

Then I woke up and had to get up and go pee. Do you think that if I wet in the dream I would have wet the bed, and that's why I couldn't pee in the dream?

That is probably correct.

In elementary school I sometimes dreamed I was peeing and then I woke up and I was peeing, lying flat on my back in bed. This was never intended or planned, but when I was 11 I decided it was embarrassing and I wouldn't do it any more, and it stopped happening, and somehow I had known it would. But then after that I continued to have fantasies about the same thing happening again. I still do.

I often have dreams where I am looking for a bathroom and can't find what you where I find a bathroom and I sit on the toilet and try to go to the bathroom but I get no relief. Fortunately I don't end up wetting myself but I do usually wake up bursting or needing to go at the very least. I think it's because even though you are going to the bathroom in the dream you are not getting actual relief that your body really desires, so even though you are going in the dream you are not getting any relief because your body is not actually releasing your bladder in reality and that is why you wake up bursting.

1 hour ago, DesperateJill said:

I often have dreams where I am looking for a bathroom and can't find what you where I find a bathroom and I sit on the toilet and try to go to the bathroom but I get no relief. Fortunately I don't end up wetting myself but I do usually wake up bursting or needing to go at the very least. I think it's because even though you are going to the bathroom in the dream you are not getting actual relief that your body really desires, so even though you are going in the dream you are not getting any relief because your body is not actually releasing your bladder in reality and that is why you wake up bursting.

Well, maybe you’ll eventually get wonderful relief in your dreams. And have a beautiful lover who will enjoy cleaning you up after the obvious results. 😉

I have had many "searching for a bathroom" dreams. Given both my anxiety and my fixation around such matters in waking life, it's recurrent. I'll often have dreams where I need to go, but there is no place private enough to do so. The strange thing is, it's not usually correlated with an actual urge. In these dreams, I'll sometimes try to go in whatever situation I'm in, since it's the only thing available, and sometimes I'll even succeed...but even though I'm peeing in the dream, I'll notice that it isn't actually satisfying and I don't feel any relief. That's typically when I realize I'm dreaming and suddenly wake up.

I have also been lucky to have had some more arousing pee-themed dreams where I've woken up mid-orgasm, but this has been a sadly rare occurance that has only ever happened to me once or twice. Don't ask what the dreams were, though, I literally have zero recollection. But whatever it was, I must've enjoyed it! 😉

I used to wet the bed growing up and in a way I still have a sort of germ trauma because of it.

Oddly enough I don't really remember having any pee-related dreams, and most of the time I wet the bed I don't think I had any dreams.

The bed wetting continued on until I was a teenager and thankfully it ended around 16 but the last time I remember wetting the bed (now that I'm reading other guys' comments) I think I just had a wet dream and the spot on my shorts made me think it was pee.

Now I can go to bed bursting and wake up totally dry (it's led to some fun masturbation in the morning sometimes), and when I do have dreams where I have to pee I usually just go fully and it feels like I am, but I again wake up dry.

This is a blessing though because I usually sleep on the couch and it's not exactly mine to ruin. There was one night where I dreamt I was peeing in my pants and all over myself on purpose then went to take a shower and still — dry.

In my experience, though I seem to be the odd man out based on the other replies, if I pee in a dream, I've definitely peed IRL. I don' have many piss-related dreams, but I can't recall a single one that didn't end with me waking up to a wet bed (occasionally I wake up and am still actively pissing). To be fair, I don't have the best bladder control even when I'm awake, so that probably factors in a decent bit.

When I pee in a dream I pee basically forever and feel 0 relief. It gets really weird because there will be randomly placed toilets in the weirdest places and I'll really have to pee, so I keep trying and never feel any relief. At some point the apocalypse dream or whatever just becomes an apocalyptic pee dream and once it gets too bad it wakes me up so I can make ye ol' mad dash to the bathroom

@KozmoFox

"When I pee in a dream I pee basically forever and feel 0 relief. It gets really weird because there will be randomly placed toilets in the weirdest places and I'll really have to pee, so I keep trying and never feel any relief. At some point the apocalypse dream or whatever just becomes an apocalyptic pee dream and once it gets too bad it wakes me up so I can make ye ol' mad dash to the bathroom"

I have found this to be true for me as well as that has been my experience. You will encounter all of these weird toilets, often without privacy and out in the open and you will sit down on them and try to use the toilet, and although you feel like you are peeing in the dream no matter how much you go or how long you go for you still feel like a desperate need to go and then you wake up bursting. I think it's your brain just trying to tell you that you need to go to the bathroom, so you imagine yourself trying to go in the dream but it doesn't translate to going in reality and eventually it wakes you up. Of course for a lot of people they don't wake up and they end up wetting the bed, as many people here have mentioned.

I very frequently wake up from dreams where I go to the bathroom having to pee really bad, but when I was younger I ended up wetting my bed involuntarily until my teenage years, although I can't remember if I had any pee dreams back then. But I suspect it had something to do with that.

5 minutes ago, DesperateJill said:

I very frequently wake up from dreams where I go to the bathroom having to pee really bad, but when I was younger I ended up wetting my bed involuntarily until my teenage years, although I can't remember if I had any pee dreams back then. But I suspect it had something to do with that.

This is the weirdest part for me. This is always how its been for me, but its never resulted in a bedwetting for me unlike how it does so many others. Even to this day, even to quite literally 4 AM this morning, this is always how its been for me. No bedwetting, just the inevitable mad dash.

@KozmoFox

"This is the weirdest part for me. This is always how its been for me, but its never resulted in a bedwetting for me unlike how it does so many others. Even to this day, even to quite literally 4 AM this morning, this is always how its been for me. No bedwetting, just the inevitable mad dash."

I do kind of wonder why some people just wake up bursting where as other people end up actually wetting the bed. Do people who actually enjoy wetting the bed end up being more likely to actually do it, whereas people who don't like wetting themselves such as myself wake up from it?

I do know that I'm a very light sleeper and the slightest little urge to go to the bathroom will keep me awake or wake me up, so I think that I'm very sensitive to that in general. In that regard I don't think I would get to the point where I could no longer hold it and end up wetting myself, so I think the slightest urge tends to influence my dreams and causes me to wake up, where as a person who sleeps more deeply might end up sleeping for hours and eventually just wetting themselves in the process.

But it is true that I did wet the bed until a relatively late age relatively speaking, so I am thinking that perhaps I ended up having dreams like this when I was younger and it resulted in me wetting the bed, but eventually I just grew out of it and ended up waking up better in time.

I used to have dreams about looking for toilets and not being able to find them, but in the last like 5 years or so I have a totally different experience. I usually do find somewhere to go, pee, and actually feel the relief of peeing completely. I don't wet the bed, so then if I stay asleep the need just comes back. Sometimes I've "fully emptied my bladder" like 3 or 4 times before I wake up and realize why I kept feeling full again and again.

I do have dreams where I really need to go and hunt for a toilet and usually find some weird, not-private, usually dirty toilet and I'll pee and pee and pee in the dream and never finish and then wake up I'll need to pee. I've never real-life wet in this circumstance.

I suppose the full-bladder sensations make it to my brain and I end up with the full bladder in a dream, but the same paralysis that keeps me from running around as I run around in the dream also keeps me from actually peeing. Some people do sleepwalk, and some people do sleep-pee, too. It's never happened to me though.