Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Incontinence Clamps (no, not bdsm)

By pure chance in browsing the internet, I have found a new pee-related product!

The urinary incontinence clamp!

It's a small clam that goes over a penis, to hold the pee in. Anyone got any experience using them? They seem new on the market.

Examples:

https://www.stressnomore.co.uk/wiesner-incontinence-clamp-13731.html

https://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/shop-by-gender/incontinence-products-for-men/male-incontinence-clamps-and-sheaths/dribblestoptm-male-urinary-incontinence-clamp-pack-of-2.html

Dribblestop Male Urinary Incontinence Clamp - 2 Pack

Wiesner Incontinence Clamp for Men 0

5 minutes ago, nappypants said:

Sounds painful… the lengths some people will go to, to avoid wearing a nappy. They’re not that bad, really (although in 30C heat you might want an alternative I suppose!)

If they're done as I think they are, they would only be slightly uncomfortable

It's unlikely they'd make it into the UK health products market if they ever went as far as significantly restricting bloodflow, so it's probably like just squeezing yourself all day

19 hours ago, Wrakkar said:

It's unlikely they'd make it into the UK health products market if they ever went as far as significantly restricting bloodflow, so it's probably like just squeezing yourself all day

Incontinence Choice is in the UK - I usually buy my nappies from them.  But there's no price and it doesn't add to the basket.  I've seen similar before (AirOliver?) with a warning that they should only be used by medical professionals.

I imagine it could be fun when desperate but tied to the bed by a partner for her to apply the clamp and leave the room for a while.

I read about those incontinence clamps already many years ago but never saw any in real life. So I decided to try to build my own device, not a clamp but with similar features. The basic feature is that you have to press something like a 1/2" or 3/8" bead heavily into your urethra from underneath, the closer to the body the better. The same way it works if you do that manually but that is a different story. Wide velcro fasteners with a bead glued to the inside did the job best. If the bead is placed the correct way and the fastener is tied appropriately it works but I would not call it comfortable. Eventually I used it after very long holds (app. 20 hrs or more) when I was close to wetting because of the surges. The feelings when your muscles fight against a closed exit and the whole bladder spasms while only a few drops come out really are weird. But I really do not recommend to imitate it.

So I bought one. This one:

Wiesner Incontinence Clamp for Men 0

My expectations were mostly accurate - it's not particularly uncomfortable unless you clamp it too hard or it catches any hairs.

The top silicone ridge covers a smaller semi-ovular plastic ridge which puts some malleable pressure on the top of your penis, while the lower ridge covers a protrusion almost like a flattened-out "W". This "W" is wider than the, uh, average penis with the outer two peaks being lower than the inner peak. The inner peak is intended to be fitted right onto your urethra, such that it is the point of greatest pressure. The penis becomes squashed and starts to fill out the sides of the clamp, while bloodflow is mostly maintained. The "W" protrusion comes in three sizes and can be swapped out to better specify your fit.

This is not a heavy-duty product. It will contain leakage from a weakened sphincter in most setups, often even if you miss your urethra a little, but if you have any sort of urgency contractions you will leak. If, however, you're a bit adventurous and don't mind putting on a little more pressure it is possible to wear the thing such that an urgency contraction will only be able to let a tiny bit out.

The instructions advise taking it off to urinate roughly every two hours to prevent UTIs, but it is assuming you'll be leaking into it most of the time. It also advises to regularly check for sensation in your penis to ensure bloodflow is still adequate. The device feels comfortable in most configurations, and ranges from 'barely noticeable' to 'somewhat noticeable'.

Two minor problems with wearing it is that unless you superglue (or in my case rubber band) the "W" in place on the device, it has a tendency to slip off. The hinge of the clamp is also prone to sliding a little out of position if moved wrongly, which can actually undo the "W" pressure if you're not careful. This is not a product to go jogging with.

I've not actually tested it for restraining serious desperation yet, but will soon.

Edited by Wrakkar (see edit history)

I've done some more experimenting - first by just generally playing around, then by holding an overly full bladder after not taking my morning pee, and now (like, right now) by just relaxing my bladder while wearing it.

I've found that, at least in my case, it is possible to configure it such that it almost never lets anything out. If you put crushing pressure on your bladder it'll still leak no matter what you do, but it'll be way less than not wearing it. It therefore can be fun for slowly/steadily leaking when your control is otherwise gone.

As for right now, it's kinda a weird experience.

I put the thing on as best I could, and then relaxed like I was going to pee. The tip of my penis still felt like I was going as normal, but then nothing came out. I could feel my pee building up in my upper urethra against the clamp, while the rest of my urethra felt like I was still about to pee myself. In almost all trials, as with this one, my sphincter reflexively tried to contract. In almost all cases this normally results in a leak, and it did here. But after a while this time I was able to calm it down and keep it relaxed.

After about a minute or two of this, still effectively weeing into myself, the pressures and sensations all normalised. And now I almost can't tell that I should be soaking myself. It's a weird kind of fun.

Overall, I recommend if you've got some cash and a weekend to spare (and aren't prone to UTIs).

8 hours ago, nappypants said:

Is this really medically advisable to use for high-pressure holding, as opposed to dealing with a leaky bladder at low capacities as it was intended for?

Medically advisable? No. But it is something men are able to do by hand with some effort, and so long as you don't do it constantly, avoid pain, and keep everything clean it's not much more of a risk than holds.

6 hours ago, China Girl said:

I don't have a penis but that really doesn't look fun...

Depends on taste ig

52 minutes ago, Wrakkar said:

Medically advisable? No. But it is something men are able to do by hand with some effort, and so long as you don't do it constantly, avoid pain, and keep everything clean it's not much more of a risk than holds.

The body has its own failsafe of being able to empty the bladder involuntarily before damage is caused, whereas this is artificially overriding that, leading to a risk of kidney damage and perhaps bladder rupture if things are taken to extremes. Obviously if you take notice of any pain signals there’s less chance of that outcome.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, nappypants said:

The body has its own failsafe of being able to empty the bladder involuntarily before damage is caused, whereas this is artificially overriding that, leading to a risk of kidney damage and perhaps bladder rupture if things are taken to extremes. Obviously if you take notice of any pain signals there’s less chance of that outcome.

There is a difference though between your body going full send because you're too full, and your sphincter failing due to a long hold or weak muscles.

That said, I regularly have experienced something like this.  As I assume everyone here know, when you do holds it puts pressure on other organs.  Nothing irritates me more than holding, and then suddenly my bowels are protesting a lack of space.

So these days I will generally take my seat, but slide my penis UNDER the seat so I am effecfively sitting on it, so I can handle business without having to start over with a hold.  I have also at times used the metal clasp hair barrettes the same way as two will general stop flow.

As a dude, I have grown to enjoy the sensarion of peeing but not peeing, and if you can zen hard enough that the sphincter stays open, you can stroke the urethra and move urine in and out of the bladder which is a whole different sensation.