Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Shut Up and Take My Money Rearz! New Felicity Pullups!

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, if anything were to ever in a million years make diaper wearing go mainstream, I feel like ABDL diaper/clothing companies are going to be what does it.

We already can find examples of women buying LFB onesies outside of ABDL. And they and Rearz and whatnot have made adult diapers outright *fun*. Not just tolerable like Depend has been pushing for a while.

I genuinely think that there is, out there somewhere, the magic combination of nostalgia, cuteness, fun, and comfort in terms of adults wearing diapers, that could convince some trendy young folks to jump on board and make diapers the new big thing. But it's a very small needle to thread, so it's unlikely.

Just sayin'.

These look fun. Stylistically I do wish the padding came up a little higher in front and that the elastic was a little lower in general, but this is a nice foray into the pullup realm, which I am all for.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, China Girl said:

I disagree. I think convenience for women is what will make diapers popular, if anything does. Especially living where I do where there are a lot of women and not enough toilets for us. Most people don't even know what ABDL is...

Market it as a "toilet freedom" thing with some stylish designs and there might be some takers...

There are some commercials along those lines in other Asian countries.

https://www.omorashi.org/topic/63097-japanese-diapers/?tab=comments#comment-1824065

They are advertising diapers to young women for convenience. I have seen advertisements like this in China too, but it's not too common for women to wear them. I only know 1 other lady who wears diapers ever as an adult.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, China Girl said:

I disagree. I think convenience for women is what will make diapers popular, if anything does. Especially living where I do where there are a lot of women and not enough toilets for us. Most people don't even know what ABDL is...

Make no mistake, I'm not talking about the actual mainstreaming of ABDL. I used the onesies as an example because the people buying the most popular styles are not buying them for ABDL purposes. They're buying these because they like the game and it's an easy sexy cosplay outfit. They're buying these as a Halloween costume. Etc.

Sure they're very cute and "little" but they've broken through the kink barrier with these and other models.

I think that if you want to convince people of all ages (perhaps especially in America) that they should wear diapers for anything less than a total loss of continence, you have to do better than marketing the same white diaper. Depend's black/pink/etc diapers are definitely on the right path but they're not fun.

People who don't have a need for something have to want it. And they won't want it if it's not fun. Guarantee if you made a bigger Goodnite, made it look like Wonder Woman's costume, and pushed a very carefully crafted narrative around it, you'd have a lot more people on board in the 18-40 segment.

But I still don't know if it would fully break through that barrier just yet.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, China Girl said:

That's really not how that works, at all. Even most women who do fancy wearing a diaper at work to not have to worry about the toilet don't want anything babyish. Myself included, actually.

Not saying babyish, per se. Saying fun, because for most people the idea outside these boards, the idea of peeing your pants instead of going to the bathroom isn't fun. The catch is, neither is going to the bathroom, so there's a window of opportunity there. Make diapers fun and you get people who don't need them.

Though babyish can be fun and actually there's precedent there. Look at onesie pajamas. When AdultBabySource started their website, they had to get their onesies custom made. Onesie pajamas were straight-up just a thing for babies. Full stop. Soon there was some niche producers like Jumpin' Jammerz. Now, you can walk into a real store and buy them in adult sizes from giant corporations like Disney. 

Nobody did that 20 years ago who wasn't an adult baby. Now it's normal.

4945682.jpeg