Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Whats harder: holding in number 1 or number 2?

Guest w92iasd

Guest w92iasd

Just got me curious what other people's experience is. I find that number 2 just gets too painful to actually hold and makes me run straight to the closest bathroom but my friend had the opposite experience (don't you dare ask how we came to talk about this topic on a casual voice call)

#2 is definitely harder. I could hold pee for hours. If the need to go #2 is mild I could hold it ‘til I get home but if I get one of those really strong ones (like the kind you get with the runs) I’ll have to pull over if I’m on the road or use the toilet at work or at a store or mall.  Strong #2 urges need immediate relief

5 hours ago, Jimmy Olsen said:

It depends. Normally #2 takes almost no effort to hold in, but if something goes wrong in your guts it can be an urgent emergency!

Exactly... it's the most likely kind of accident for fully continent adults to have, just because certain common illnesses can cause uncontrollable situations in terms of bowel control, whereas there are fewer temporary conditions that will cause bladder control accidents directly.

What about both at the same time??

I’d had a ton to drink before and after a workout and was already desperate to pee, when suddenly some of the bigger meals I’d had throughout the day caused my bowels to start churning on the way home. I felt like I was going to explode, just clenching with all my willpower. Needless to say it was some of the best relief I’d ever felt when I finally made it to my bathroom at home.

4 hours ago, Chris2p said:

The problem starts when i,m desperate to do both, I don’t know which one to concentrate on holding, forcing myself to hold one means i have no control on the other and if i,m not in the bathroom i have an accident in my knickers.

Contriving to be desperate for both is a great predicament but it can be, for me, almost impossible to let one go without the other.  A couple of times I've forced this on myself by downing as much water as I can in an hour (about a litre and a half) and then inserted about eight or ten small marshmallows at the other end followed by a litre or litre and a half of warm water which I can hold with just a little tension of the sphincter.  Then a good nappy, large plastic pants, cheap disposable PVC overtrousers (sold for cycling emergencies) in case it goes horribly wrong, tights to keep those from rustling, jeans and a padlock with the key in a k-safe so it's all staying on for three or four hours.  Then walk into town to run some errands, do some shopping, drinking more water on the way.   Within an hour things are seriously uncomfortable and not long after that it becomes a battle to hold both, and I face the predicament that I could be more comfortable by letting one go, ideally the bladder, but relaxing one I'll lose control of the other.  So it takes immense control and usually means letting go of a bit of both which quickly fills the nappy with more bulk than just piss does so the walk home is a trade-off between discomfort inside and discomfort out.

In general it's harder to hold pee because you generally have to pee more often than you have to poop. But I can normally hold poop for several hours although sometimes if I go to pee and I pee forcefully I will end up pooping. The only exception is when you have diarrhea which tends to come on really fast and then you cannot wait. But in most normal cases it's harder to hold in pee than it is to hold poop.

In my case I actually find it harder to hold my pee. Unless its liquid diarrhea it doesn't require that much effort. And while its really painful to hold in diarrhea, I can last longer than I could last with a full bladder. I've had school/work days where I can last until lunch time, usually only yielding because I have to piss. I've also had only a handful of messings compared to wettings.

Interesting to see how everybody's response varies on this one