Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Hypno Animation

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a small little animation I threw together from assets I'm making for a game that's in the works. These will be models used in dialogue while the player-controlled sprites are smaller and simpler. Hope you enjoy this small little animation!

Character_hypno.gif.26d81e95f3fa27d04d6f10d9ac83a3f9.gif.83efb7d08e2997de99015f9d7ec583b3.gif

If you'd like to see more you can find some other simpler tidbits on FTT where I'm uploading progress on the game development. That being said, I hope to share more here soon!

8 hours ago, peelion said:

I'm curious, does it take you a lot of time by gif?

I believe that the animations I've posted so far have been one-day projects. This is in part because the models I'm using are just repurposed game assets I've made. Typically though there's always something new I've made for the animation that I can later use for character design/expressions in the game.

For example, the first animation above features a new "dazed" kind of hypnotized look in the eyes that I made specially for the GIF, as well as the crossed arms expression. In the mirror GIF that babyish outfit was something brand new that I made for the animation.

But for mirrors, hypno spheres, special effects, etc. That's all in one day so far. I'd like to add more polish and detail as I move forward, but I am happy with what I've shared so far.

4 hours ago, MaybeMee said:

Je pense que les animations que j'ai postées jusqu'à présent sont des projets d'une journée. C'est en partie parce que les modèles que j'utilise ne sont que des actifs de jeu réutilisés que j'ai créés. En règle générale, il y a toujours quelque chose de nouveau que j'ai créé pour l'animation que je peux utiliser plus tard pour la conception/les expressions des personnages dans le jeu.

Par exemple, la première animation ci-dessus présente un nouveau type de regard hypnotisé "hébété" dans les yeux que j'ai créé spécialement pour le GIF, ainsi que l'expression des bras croisés. Dans le GIF miroir, cette tenue de bébé était quelque chose de tout nouveau que j'ai fait pour l'animation.

Mais pour les miroirs, les sphères d'hypnose, les effets spéciaux, etc. C'est tout en une seule journée jusqu'à présent. J'aimerais ajouter plus de finitions et de détails au fur et à mesure que j'avance, mais je suis content de ce que j'ai partagé jusqu'à présent.

you are right to be happy with yourself !
I wish you to become better with time 😋

bonne chance et bon courage !