Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Going 24/7

Anyone here 24/7? I want to start slowly transitioning towards it soon, but every time I try I get overwhelmed by all the changes I'll have to make to my life (especially as I'm quite a sociable person). I have so many questions, like:

• What do you actually do when you change in public? Where do you go, how do you clean up? What if you're nowhere near a bathroom?
  • How do you carry around other diapers and take them with you to the bathroom? I'm worried people will find it weird if suddenly I'm carrying a backpack with me everywhere and taking it into the toilet
  • How do you deal with leaks?
  • What do you say when people find out? Do you tell them it's medical?
  • How do you deal with the chafing?

Would love to hear people's experience  🙂

Edited by NSNS (see edit history)

I don't wear diapers 24/7, but I think I can still give some advice as I often wear in public and presence of other people.

5 hours ago, NSNS said:

What do you actually do when you change in public? Where do you go, how do you clean up? What if you're nowhere near a bathroom?

I rarely change in public, instead I choose diapers absorbent enough to last me the day out (of course it's easier, when you can hide them under a skirt). If I need to change, I just use a bathroom. I've learned to tape my diaper while standing, which makes it a lot easier, and for cleaning wipes are usually enough.

If there's no bathroom nearby, there usually aren't many people either. In such a case I change in some quiet place, out of immediate sight. Once or twice I've actually been changed on a picnic table, but that's another story.

5 hours ago, NSNS said:

How do you carry around other diapers and take them with you to the bathroom?

I use a backpack for my spare diapers. I'm usually out alone and most of my friends know that I use diapers, so it's not a problem for me. I don't think people will pay too much attention to stuff like that anyway.

5 hours ago, NSNS said:

How do you deal with leaks?

I prevent them. I either choose a diaper absorbent enough or change before I'm at the risk of leaking. Of course I have leaked a few times, but that's always because I didn't take those precautions. A small wet patch in a dress isn't too visible, so I usually do nothing about it on the spot. Jeans are a little trickier, but I tend to just act like nothing happened, and most people won't probably even notice it. Again, if leaking could get you in trouble, change before you are in danger of leaking.

5 hours ago, NSNS said:

What do you say when people find out? Do you tell them it's medical?

Most of the people around me know that I'm into abdl (most of my friends are actually abdl themselves). No one has found out that I wear diapers, I have told them myself. There was one close call with my little sister (she innocently asked me, why I crinkled) and soon after I decided to tell her myself to avoid any awkward questions. Telling to my family is still work in progress though.

5 hours ago, NSNS said:

How do you deal with the chafing?

This has been a long time problem for me and is one of the reasons I don't want to go 24/7. I have sensitive skin and multiple skin conditions, so rashes and chafing occur almost every time I wear a diaper. To prevent and heal rashes I use hydrocortisone. Baby powder can also help and I use it especially on the sides of hip and groins.

I also get easily chafing in my inner thighs. To prevent that I use baby powder or a cream specifically meant to prevent chafing, when I need to walk a lot. I spread both on my inner thighs after putting on a diaper. I've also learned the hard way, that it's better for my skin not to tape a diaper too tight or it starts to chafe at my hips (this also happens, if I'm wearing a belt too tight).

As a bonus, if you get acne in the back of your thighs and lower buttocks from wearing diapers, you may want to try creams containing carbamide, which softens the skin (ironically, carbamide is another name for urea).